Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > -- General Tablet Talk

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 26th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Is this a good tablet?

Okay so I'm terribly cheap and am opting for the less legitimate eforchina tablets. I want to spend around 100 and dont want to go through a retailer. Could someone let me know if this is a good tablet or not? If it isnt could you offer up a different suggestion on the site?

eForChina - T01 Red, 7.0 inch Capacitive Touch Screen Android 4.0 aPad Style Tablet PC with WIFI & Mini HDMI Output, 1.3 Mega Pixels Front Camera, 4GB NAND Flash, 360 Degree Menu Rotate, CPU: Allwinner A10, 1.2GHz

Advertisements
fopolopoguis is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 26th, 2012, 02:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
你好
 
mikedt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Xilinhot, China
Posts: 9,981
 
Device(s): Oppo Find 7a, Samsung Galaxy Win Duos(spare), Lenovo P700i(retired), KIRF Galaxy Note(deceased)
Carrier: China Mobile

Thanks: 3,472
Thanked 2,861 Times in 2,068 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopolopoguis View Post
Okay so I'm terribly cheap and am opting for the less legitimate eforchina tablets. I want to spend around 100 and dont want to go through a retailer. Could someone let me know if this is a good tablet or not? If it isnt could you offer up a different suggestion on the site?

eForChina - T01 Red, 7.0 inch Capacitive Touch Screen Android 4.0 **** Style Tablet PC with WIFI & Mini HDMI Output, 1.3 Mega Pixels Front Camera, 4GB NAND Flash, 360 Degree Menu Rotate, CPU: Allwinner A10, 1.2GHz
The main risk of buying from a Chinese destributor like eForChina rather than paying extra from a retailer in your own country, is caveat emptor(buyer beware). Which means you have no consumer protection whatsoever. So if the device does turn out to be a lemon, doesn't work as described, they refuse to honour warranty, etc, tough luck...you're stuck with it.

The tablet itself is a non-brand commodity cheapo ICS device. There is many of them around. Can't comment about this particular one. Some can be OK, some not so good, some are absolute garbage, many have problems, a few even have censoring.

Suggest you read the forum sticky, and decide if you still want to risk it.
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html
__________________
The People's Guide to Android in the People's Republic.
Honorary Grand Poobah Shenzhen University English Corner.
http://welcometomychina.tumblr.com/
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
mikedt is offline  
Last edited by mikedt; December 26th, 2012 at 02:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedt View Post
The main risk of buying from a Chinese destributor like eForChina rather than paying extra from a retailer in your own country, is caveat emptor(buyer beware). Which means you have no consumer protection whatsoever. So if the device does turn out to be a lemon, doesn't work as described, they refuse to honour warranty, etc, tough luck...you're stuck with it.

The tablet itself is a non-brand commodity cheapo ICS device. There is many of them around. Can't comment about this particular one. Some can be OK, some not so good, some are absolute garbage, many have problems, a few even have censoring.

Suggest you read the forum sticky, and decide if you still want to risk it.
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html
Do any on the site seem anywhere near legitimate? I know I'm getting what I paid for but I don't want a $100 brick. It's apparently supposed to be like the eken t01 tablet. I've never heard of it, but then again, I haven't heard of most of these tablet brands. Would you be able to advise me on an acceptable substitute?
fopolopoguis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
你好
 
mikedt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Xilinhot, China
Posts: 9,981
 
Device(s): Oppo Find 7a, Samsung Galaxy Win Duos(spare), Lenovo P700i(retired), KIRF Galaxy Note(deceased)
Carrier: China Mobile

Thanks: 3,472
Thanked 2,861 Times in 2,068 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt
Default

TBH I can't really recommend anything on that site. There's not one single tablet on there I recognise, they're all a gamble AFAICT. I live in China and I'm pretty familiar with non-brand/off-brand cheapo Android devices.

BTW the knock-off Apple MacBook Air amused me somewhat.
eForChina - 13.3 inch Aluminum Shell Slim AirBook Notebook Computer with WIFI, 1.3 Mega Pixels Camera, 32GB SSD, Support SD / MS / MMC Card, CPU: Intel Atom 2800 Dual Core, 1.8GHz

If you're in the US, you could have a look at what F&L Superstore has to offer. I've heard good reports about them, what they sell should be properly localised, support for Google, proper warranty, RMA, etc.
Home page

If you really must buy from a Chinese distributor, I can only recommend **********, because they're owned by Alibaba, and probably an Ainol tablet.
http://www.**********.com/
mikedt is offline  
Last edited by mikedt; December 26th, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedt View Post
TBH I can't really recommend anything on that site. There's not one single tablet on there I recognise, they're all a gamble AFAICT. I live in China and I'm pretty familiar with non-brand/off-brand cheapo Android devices.

BTW the knock-off Apple MacBook Air amused me somewhat.
eForChina - 13.3 inch Aluminum Shell Slim AirBook Notebook Computer with WIFI, 1.3 Mega Pixels Camera, 32GB SSD, Support SD / MS / MMC Card, CPU: Intel Atom 2800 Dual Core, 1.8GHz

If you're in the US, you could have a look at what F&L Superstore has to offer. I've heard good reports about them, what they sell should be properly localised, support for Google, proper warranty, RMA, etc.
Home page

If you really must buy from a Chinese distributor, I can only recommend **********, because they're owned by Alibaba, and probably an Ainol tablet.
**********.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China.
I really was just looking for a cheap tablet on that site since I'm making a purchase from there and wanted to tack it on. I use the website for headphones and figured I'd try and branch out. I'm buying one of the super fake iPhone 5's just for a good laugh. Well thanks anyway
fopolopoguis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

even this one doesn't look worth it? As uneducated about this as I know I am I don't see a problem with it
eForChina - NOVO 7 Mars White, 7.0 inch (1024 x 768) Capacitive Touch Screen Android 4.0 aPad Style Tablet PC with WIFI, 0.3 Mega Pixels Camera, 360 Degree Menu Rotate, 8GB NAND Flash, CPU: Amlogic Cortex A9, 1.0GHz
fopolopoguis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 38
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

The one I'm going to get ended up being the Cube U21GT straight from the manufacturer, but thanks for the advice.
Cube U21GT Dual Core RK3066 Tablet PC 7 inch 1280*800 IPS Android 4.0 HDMI 16GB
fopolopoguis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
nickdalzell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Owensboro, KY
Posts: 4,021
 
Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 3's
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 96
Thanked 632 Times in 504 Posts
Default

if you're wanting to enjoy Android, avoid these like the plague. they will ruin your perception of the operating system. they will work fine if used for a glorified web browser and MP3 player, not much else.
__________________
"If you treat your system like a kiln, don't be surprised when a brick comes out the other side."
nickdalzell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 15
 
Device(s): Samsung SG3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Does anyone have experience with "LightTake.com"? I'm nervous about buying from ANYONE in China after being taken for a very unpleasant ride by "HooTablet.com". Here's the tablet I'm semi-interested in: Itoos I8 Dual Core 8 inch IPS 16:9 Screen Android 4.0 Tablet PC 1280x768 8GB - Grey
TheWineLover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > -- General Tablet Talk
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.