Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > -- General Tablet Talk

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 28th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Help on Visual Land Prestige 7L tablet

I just got the Visual Land Prestige 7L tablet with ice cream
sandwich and since it is entirely different from my desktop PC - I have a several questions:

When I click on the title of a Kindle book (that I own) - it will
say 'loading' - and just a black screen appears. How can I
read a Kindle book on it??

Can I watch the free Hulu movies it? It so how - when I try it
blocks them?

Can I use another browser besides the one provided?

How can I play online games (I like Mahjong and Solitaire games from '24-7 games.com')?

Can I block 'advertisements' on the websites I visit?

Are tablets prone to Malware?

Are there any good 'App stores' which are usable on this tablet (the one that does work on it is very limited)??

Are there any easy to understand "how to" tutorials on tablets for a novice for me?

I apologize for all of these questions - but the user manual is
woefully inadequate and I need help!!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Advertisements
sugmag28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 30th, 2012, 02:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
你好
 
mikedt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Xilinhot, China
Posts: 9,961
 
Device(s): Oppo Find 7a, Samsung Galaxy Win Duos(spare), Lenovo P700i(retired), KIRF Galaxy Note(deceased)
Carrier: China Mobile

Thanks: 3,463
Thanked 2,855 Times in 2,063 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt
Default

Hi sugmag28 welcome to Android Forums. I can try and answer some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugmag28 View Post
I just got the Visual Land Prestige 7L tablet with ice cream
sandwich and since it is entirely different from my desktop PC - I have a several questions:

When I click on the title of a Kindle book (that I own) - it will
say 'loading' - and just a black screen appears. How can I
read a Kindle book on it??
Sorry don't know anything about Amazon Kindle e-books. Never used it, think it's United States only. It could be a compatibility issue. They only support certain devices? Maybe Digital Restrictions Management?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugmag28 View Post
Can I watch the free Hulu movies it? It so how - when I try it
blocks them?
Think there's an official Hulu app for that, and don't you have to pay to watch movies on Hulu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugmag28 View Post
Can I use another browser besides the one provided?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugmag28 View Post
How can I play online games (I like Mahjong and Solitaire games from '24-7 games.com')?
That's a games blog, however most browser based games use Flash, which I believe you can download from Adobe's website. However browser based Flash games are not always suited to tablet touch-screen playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugmag28 View Post
Can I block 'advertisements' on the websites I visit?

Are tablets prone to Malware?
They're not prone to Windows malware. Basically be careful what you install, look at permissions, only install from reputable sources, AVOID WAREZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugmag28 View Post
Are there any good 'App stores' which are usable on this tablet (the one that does work on it is very limited)??
The best app store by far is Google Play, however many of the budget off-brand devices like the Visual Land do not have it, basically because Google has nothing to do with Android in China. They often come with some app store, but they can very limited. Amazon has a good app store, provided it's compatible with this budget device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugmag28 View Post
Are there any easy to understand "how to" tutorials on tablets for a novice for me?
Here on AF is probably as good as place to learn and to chat about Android devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugmag28 View Post
I apologize for all of these questions - but the user manual is
woefully inadequate and I need help!!
Is it in Chinglish? The manual that came with my tablet is Chinese only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugmag28 View Post
Thank you in advance for your help.
You are welcome.
__________________
The People's Guide to Android in the People's Republic.
Honorary Grand Poobah Shenzhen University English Corner.
http://welcometomychina.tumblr.com/
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
mikedt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > -- General Tablet Talk
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.