Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 22nd, 2011, 06:07 AM   #51 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I got mine 2 weeks ago (MadeInChina.com, Shinystore, $188, free shipping) and have been playing with it. So far, it works as advertised. Battery life (3-4 Hr) less than I like, but I am spoiled.
Yesterday, it did an Android 2.1 update. (Yes, it wiped everything...settings...apps because I don't yet know how to preserve those) and two things happened.
1) The Android Market Skype app now works. This is good.
2) It required that I re-register. Problem is that the 20 digit number on the sticker is now illegible. I can only make out about 7 of them. Anybody know how I can get my number, or a new number. I don't even know who I am registering with. or why.

Thanks for any help.

One of my students purchased one through Androidtime and got the protective cover with a keyboard in it. He gives it positive marks.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old January 22nd, 2011, 06:41 AM   #52 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default input regkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cha_indian View Post
Hi everyone..can anyone explain how to register the code ?

Is it necessary to register for using GPS
i couldn't find where to register also , then found that when i updated the firmware by using the system update . it then ask,s for the code it takes a bit of time to update . it did on mine anyway . haven't used gps as yet?
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #53 (permalink)

Device(s):

I purchased 10.2" ePad FlyTouch2 Android 2.1 from Hong Kong. It worked for less then 2 days, it won't charge and I can not power it on. I am returning it, but need to know if I can reset it without it being powered on... help please
The Following User Says Thank You to tmfrye For This Useful Post:
Old January 25th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #54 (permalink)

Device(s): FlyTouch 2 wowpad 2.1117 deb

I have my two last remaining problems with this 10.1' Flytouch2 wowPad 2.1.1158 emma2/jaws built
The problems 1. Camera not working!! it only displays red/green background sort of like being a pal/secam/ntsc problem but you know that's not the case I have had it work before and than it will go off i cant seem to figure out if its a software issue some sort of codec that messes it up probably from the sip video phone or is it a hardware issue cause when i stuck an sd card once too deep it fixed it and than it got messed up again. How can i figure it out is anyone else using sipdroid or other video/sip phone with the camera also if its a hardware issue you thing the cell phone repair guys will be able to repair it???
Problem 2. I cant seem to conecct the pad with the pc i have checked the option for USB debugging and accepting software from other sources i have also used both a straight male A to male A connection and a USB file transfer cable and no results only when you hook up another androind phone to it it sees it as a USB hard drive?? but i cant access the aPad though a pc to add software to it??? what am i doing wrong

Thank you
Denis
Old January 26th, 2011, 01:21 AM   #55 (permalink)

Device(s): Gome FlyTouch Samsung Galaxy S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfrye View Post
I purchased 10.2" ePad FlyTouch2 Android 2.1 from Hong Kong. It worked for less then 2 days, it won't charge and I can not power it on. I am returning it, but need to know if I can reset it without it being powered on... help please
Try this:

Plug in the power supply.
The red charge LED should light up.
Wait about 1 ~3 minutes.
Try to power on with powder plugged in. Hold the power button for a few seconds if needed.
Tablet may start....

There appears to be a bug in the charging/monitoring circuitry.
While the battery is actually charged, the battery monitoring circuitry seems to display the behaviour of discharging (when the red LED goes off).
If you leave the tablet charging overnight it sometimes happens that the tablet thinks it is flat and refuse to power on.
Re-plug in the power tricks it into thinking it is charging.
In a few minutes, the monitor recovers enough to turn on.
Then it takes about 1~3 minutes for the charge level meter to rise from 20% to 100%.....
Old January 29th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #56 (permalink)

Device(s):

anyone know if the flytouch superpad works with an ipod?? i know it has the USB port but I cannot find out anything regarding this.
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #57 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Wifi problem

Tried my new superpad (flytouch) and can not get wifi to work. It recognizes my wireless lan but can not seem to connect. It also does something to the lan because I have to turn the wireless lan off and back on to get it to work with my desktop again. Any ideas?
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:25 AM   #58 (permalink)

Device(s):

hey there mrburkley.
Did you had the chance to test the 3G network? I've tried on my superPAD but doesn't work. I've tried to turn on the "3G network" on touch, but it's still grey out. Has anybody ever try this setting before?
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:03 AM   #59 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by semrz1 View Post
hey there mrburkley.
Did you had the chance to test the 3G network? I've tried on my superPAD but doesn't work. I've tried to turn on the "3G network" on touch, but it's still grey out. Has anybody ever try this setting before?
I've heard of some people getting the 3G to work, but if I remember correctly they had to root their device to get it to work with locally available modems. Someone said (Google search for superPAD, flytouch2, 3g) that it works with four different modems available in China but not in the US.

Sorry I can't help more here.

--Michael
Old February 1st, 2011, 04:23 PM   #60 (permalink)

Device(s):

About Adobe Flash...it's my understanding that Flash only works on Android 2.2 and higher. Since the FlyTouch2 uses Android 2.1...well, we wait!

--Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to mrburkley For This Useful Post:
sponsored links
Old February 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #61 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi anyone know how to disable the start up sound,that loud vibration sound,it's kind of embarassing to be heard in public with this loud sound. thanks
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:25 PM   #62 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by swancity View Post
Hi anyone know how to disable the start up sound,that loud vibration sound,it's kind of embarassing to be heard in public with this loud sound. thanks
I don't know how to do it. I've gone into settings and told it not to, but that doesn't do anything for the startup. I've opened the case and the cause of the buzz and shake is a small motor with an offset rotating weight on the end. I've considered disconnecting that, but who knows if everything will work without that in the circuit. So I just bear with it.

--Michael
Old February 8th, 2011, 07:26 AM   #63 (permalink)

Device(s):

anyone here of the Flytouch3?
Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:02 PM   #64 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut56d View Post
Hi, had mine about 4 days now and I love it. I bought it mostly for watching movies & TV shows etc on the go. Occasionally I might use it to browse at home when one of the kids is on the pc!

Connected by ethernet fine, but will not connect to my wireless.
It does pick it up, I input my password, it says obtaining IP address, then disconnects. Any ideas? This is when I am actually 12 inches away from the router by the way! Thanks
Mine won't connect via wifi either. Anyone find a way to fix this yet?
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:07 AM   #65 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb1224 View Post
Mine won't connect via wifi either. Anyone find a way to fix this yet?
Hmm...Funny thing is that I tried several times to connect to the internet via the ethernet cable and never could, but I've never had a problem with wifi. Do you have it turned on with the wifi app?

--Michael
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #66 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Superpad Flytouch2 Manual

[QUOTE=alphamail;2083250]Is there any way I could get a copy of the English manual from you or off the web some where? I have the Flytouch2 10" no manual no reg key/number. Thanks for any help[/

I found the manual at the following link http://www.onderka.com/wp-content/Manual-ZH10X2.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to tmuchall For This Useful Post:
Woodyandroid (March 30th, 2011)
Old March 30th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #67 (permalink)

Device(s):

Wow Pad will not update, has downloaded update but freezes on infotmic screen when I allow update.

Can not get pad to read update from SD either

Attempted to erase user data this will not erase either.

I have rooted pad what files do I erase manually, to change user data.

All advice?
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:46 AM   #68 (permalink)

Device(s): Flytouch II, Samsung Galaxy S captivate

Greets.
I bought my Flytouch 2 from this Hong Kong website; Flying Touch II 10.1 inch Google Android 2.1 GPS MID Tablet PC
They had the best price i could find. I havent had any trouble with it or with the registration code.
I have updated it without any problems. Currently at firmware 2752.
I have been reading through this tread and hope that i can offer some useful tidbits of info.
Someone was asking about the 3G function. It definitely needs an external USB modem of various specific brands. The company i bought it from clearly specified that when i purchased it (wish i did purchase it now)
here is the link; E1916 3G Modem Dongle CDMA Wireless USB Stick for Flying Touch II MID
I just use my galaxy phone as an mobile access point when i need internet.
The GPS works great without the antenna and seems to be almost military accurate with the antenna.
I am not crazy about the single point resistive touch - especially when i am comparing it directly to my samsung galaxy but i did only spent 147 bucks on it after all.
I wish it had bluetooth. I saw a vid on some slavic speaking tech who was able to mod it somehow but i couldnt understand anything he said. I have usb bluetooth dongles but the present firmware has discluded any drivers for bluetooth.
I read in another thread that froyo will be too much for the Flytouch/superpad/wowpad etc to handle. We only 256 mb of ram and Froyo needs 512. So unless they strip it down i am thinking we wont see a 2.2 rom.
I am watching for custom roms to become the norm for this thing but until then i am not gonna mess with my pad. I gotta wait at least 6 months before i rip it apart (which seems to involve delaminating the adhesive around the screen edge to expose the screws undneath. I have access to the high quality double sided tape that is used to hold the polycarb top layer on but i am still not crazy about mutilating this thing just yet.
Anyways so far i love the pad and i hope my links can be of use to some peeps.
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #69 (permalink)

Device(s): htc incredible fly touch 2

i would recommend looking at Featured Products | Dreambeta. My contact with them says it will cost less than ebay.The support after sale has been a 10 in my opinion. Getting a case with keyboard is a great accessory at no extra $'s was good to see !
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #70 (permalink)

i am using 1 to do this posting. The wi-fi works fine at home and when i went to mc donalds. i have not tried to use the 3G yet. It seems to find the marketplace fine, but not all apps are compatible with the tablet. Purchase through Featured Products | Dreambeta will also get a case with a keyboard.
I admit being new to Android o.s. but the unit seems to work pretty well.
Loading Printer Share seemed to get me ability to print to home computer. Hope this helps?
sponsored links
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #71 (permalink)

I would recommend : Featured Products | Dreambeta, they were not necessarily cheapest but support and sale of agtablet that works was huge for me. I really like that i could get replies to questions by email !
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #72 (permalink)

hello i would recommend checking out: Featured Products | Dreambeta. the support after sale was all i could reasonably expect !
hope this helps ?
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #73 (permalink)

hello for my tablet i found the 2 settings you refer to at : settings
sound and display
audible selection / sound at key strokes
haptic feed back / the vibration
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #74 (permalink)

Default tablet settings

hello for my tablet i found the 2 settings you refer to at : settings
sound and display
audible selection / sound at key strokes
haptic feed back / the vibration
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #75 (permalink)

Device(s):

I've had my flytouch2 for about a month so far and am still amazed at how well it performs. Haven't had any problems thank you. I bought it from a Chinees web site called DHGate.com. Fantastic service and fast. I had my machine 5 days from the day I ordered it. Checked for updates and it had all that already done so all I had to do was start using it and enjoying it, no need to register it. I use it mostly for reading books but it works for a web browser as well and have had no isues with the wifi working properly. All I do hope for is that some day to update the OS to 3.0 It was designed for tablets so I think it might be better.. just my opinion. The one problem I have found I have and am not sure that can be csalled a problem, it doesn't like to let me add any app I want. Itis selective on what it allows. I went into the settings and set it to allow non system apps but still have the problem. Otherwise I'm a happy camper.
I have noticed since I bought mine a bunch of new tablets have been released. They have the 9.7 apple iPad clone with android on them with a wide variety of prices so if you look for them be careful what you get. there are sever different versions with diferent configurations. I found them o n DHGate as well.
Thanks for all the great posts.
Old April 24th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #76 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Background Image Handling by FlyTouch

I have determined that the image is actually utilized as a square which justifies to the top of the screen in both landscape and portrait. If you want an image centered in landscape, the image will appear to be near the top in portrait mode.

Original Image.... = ...Portrait....&.... Landscape
| A B C D E F | | B C D E | | A B C D E F |
| G H I J K L | | H I J K | | G H I J K L |
| M N O P Q R | | N O P Q | | M N O P Q R |
| S T U V W X | | T U V W | | S T U V W X |
| Z 1 2 3 4 5 | | 1 2 3 4 | *-------------*
| 6 7 8 9 0 * | | 7 8 9 0 |

Yes, it should handle it better than this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydub View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I'm trying to set a wallpaper on my superpad, but it keeps getting enlarged... nothing I do seems to work.
Last edited by jeffpence; April 24th, 2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: formatting
Old April 27th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #77 (permalink)

Device(s): Flytouch 2, 184MB ram, 2GB NAND, 32GB SD, Rooted

Send a message via Skype™ to wizlinkx

Hi Guys, I'm new here.

Got my Superpad about 3 weeks ago.

When I bought it, I never got a registration key or rather I didn't know I had to get one, cos I was totally new to the TAB world and Android.

Thought never needed to register even though that register button was there. Whenever I pressed it, a message appeared I was using a pirated version. I got the chills at first cos in this part of the world if you are caught you will land in jail, probably for life. I called up the vender and he said it is not required and only needs when updating. Apparantly it is true as I found that out when I swamed the net for help on it. That's that.

So I got down to testing each and every part of the device. I have a Dell M60 and I love it to max. But it is heavy to carry to office. Doing research to get a TAB I found so many TABs beyond my reach. So I turned to the cheaper choise, Chinese

I have to say that todate I don't regret one bit I bought this device. I love it to the bone. And like CameronB, " this thing has iPad for Breakfast"

HDMI - My main reason to buy this was the HDMI port. I had problems finding out how to get it to work, as the after sales support here in UAE SUCKS. The sales guy didn't know squat. I was trying to play the videos off the CCplayer and watch on external TV. It never got off the ground until I used the File Manager and locate the file and play it on the default player, and then press the Menu button. The vender was telling me I was using the wrong cable.

WIFI - had no problem here. Connecting to any WIFI hotspot was a breeze. I tried connecting using MAC address too. There is drawback though when it comes to AD-HOC connections. According to some developers Android does have the capability, but it depends on the device manufacturer to enable it.

3G - this is interesting. This was the other main feature I wanted to test. I already had a dongle which I bought from one of the ISPs here. It's a Huawei E169. When I plugged it in to the top USB port, the settings acknowledged it as a E1750. Then in some forum I read this was so and not to worry about it. Even if I had enbled the 3G device in the settings, it gave a disconnected message. Since the dongle was locked to the ISP's custom settings, I needed to get it unlocked so I could use it with any sim card. I overcame that hurdle thanks to RuchiraBlog! Ruchira Sahans Weblog! ?. still no luck. I read in one of the android forums that it may require to update. So I did the update and walla, I have 3G.

I rooted the device too, quite easily. While updating, the first time it got stuck at the green screen. Then I did a reset and did the update again and was ok. It requires lots of patients to get stuff working on this device. But it pays well to do so.

All Apps I have downloaded so far works fine. Not a fan of games, so can't say much about them. But I like the Office software and Adobe Reader etc...

The update came with the Dolphin Browser. I find it such a cool browser to work on a small device like this.

Somewhat surprising this was when I downloaded the Quick Settings and saw the HW config . The RAM is only 184 MB and not 256 as the vender said. That was a bumer. But the device works well. Plays the animations and video amazingly well. So far all Youtube videos play well without any pauses.

The battery as mentioned in the box, which says 3 hours, lasted 4.5 hours on full brightness and Video playing. Lasted about 8 hours with minimum brightness and networks switched off and just listening to music. It's not the best device to be using on long flights, unless you can charge it inflight

I tried the external HDD and it never worked. But the the USB flash drives work well. As they have adviced in the manual to use popular brands of SD cards, I bought a Nokia 32GB SD card that cost 2/3rd of the cost of the device. But I had no problems with it so far.

The TAB cost me $ 205.00. It came with a nice USB keyboard and pouch thrown in free.
Old May 4th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #78 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Flytouch and Video Chatting

Hey folks.

I'm looking for a low-cost 10" pad I could give to my parents that they can use anywhere in their home for network browsing. I'd also like to be able to video chat with them from my PC.

Is anyone doing that with this pad? I'd like to know more about the software you're using, suggestions, recommendations, etc, etc.

Thanks so much!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:25 PM   #79 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default PLEASE help me

hi everyone. i bought my fly touch just a month ago, and it was shipped to Korea , and now it seems that inside there is a technical problem((
when i turn on fly touch, it keeps 2 boxes with note inside: Install widget problem. and i don't know how to solve this problem and erase this note from my wallpaper. and second, just after 2 weeks working it start to show message : loading download is stopped unexpectedly --> force to stop. and this message continuously blinking whatever i do on my fly touch... so finally after 2 weeks it was shut down suddenly, and after turn it on again, it cannot download, or open any program inside, except gallery and basic one... what should i do?? is there anyone with same problem? please share ur experience
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #80 (permalink)

Device(s):

For those who are looking for the best dealon these tablets try www.DHGate.com. I ordered mine from them and got it here in Ohio in 5 days from the day I ordered it. They have all the models from 2 to 4 and all different configureations. Prices range from $79 to $350 depending on what you want. They ar a site in China. but I have been ordering stuff from them for a couple of years now and have had no problems. Just do a search for flytouch or 10 in tablets.
sponsored links
Old March 3rd, 2012, 09:59 PM   #81 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hello guys, I have recently purchased a tablet with 7" display, infotmic imapx210 processor, internal 4gb nand, external 2gb from a store here in romania. After a few days, I managed to wreck the internal nand flash, I am certain that it's file structure/partition was damaged. Can someone please make a disk image from his/her tablet with same chipset/specs and post it somewhere online, so I can save my tablet ?
The nand had 4 partitions, I think , two of them were labeled "sinovideo" and one of them was "system". Three partitions were 1024 mb, 512mb, and 256 mb fats, and one 64 mb with ext3, that was the system

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #82 (permalink)

Device(s):

i have a android flytouch 2 and when i turn it on all i get is the android world screen. how do i fix this problem?
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #83 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default great deal on flytouch

Android Tablet Bay - Global Online Shopping for Android Tablet PC, Android Phone - androidtabletbay.com
Old December 4th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #84 (permalink)

Device(s):

I am also having the same problem. Has yours been sorted yet?

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 2