Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 18th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Flytouch 2

Any feedback on these yet?

sponsored links
Old November 19th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

I am too looking for some feedbacks about the Flytouch 2 (aka Superpad, Hype-pad and so on...).
At the present you can see a review of this interestig tablet at the Android Tablet Forum Australia; you can also read some threads on the Flytouch 2 at the Slatedroid forum.
Old November 19th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I have seen enough to decide I would like to get one of these.
Next thing is to get one to my location at a resonable price.
Are watching a few on eBay, but they are not there in great number.
Old November 19th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Okay, my first post here: I'll make myself useful by putting up a review. I'll save on useless niceties, and get right to work.

I ordered the Flytouch2 from euogo.com. I've had it now for about 27 hours. So far, I must say it's a steal.

The camera looks fairly decent. Not great, it will never replace your dSLR, but then, we aren't expecting it to are we? It has trouble compensating for poor lighting, so night shots are going to be trouble. No LED flash either.

I'm pretty certain that the camera is performing up to spec with some of the advertised 3MP resolution. I haven't checked the resulting file size yet, I'll get to it, eventually. At any rate, in good light, it's not terrible, autofocus is... sketchy... but it's not terrible.

It definitely has a gravity sensor, it knows which way is up. Accelerometers do work, the Tricorder app I downloaded can read the info from them... GPS reception is good with the antenna attachment. Just need a way to cache the maps now, if I ever want the world's most ridiculously huge GPS device.

Battery Life seems short, on the order of 4 hours constant use at medium brightness. A larger battery would be really helpful, but I'm one of those weird people who want a device to work for like, 10+ hours at full tilt before needing a recharge, so I could get on an international flight, watch movies, play games, land, update my facebook, get to a hotel, check my email, watch some youtube, and then plug in to enjoy a European vacation.

Capability wise, it eats Ipad for lunch, no doubt. Native support for USB keyboards and mice, they just work. It converts very quickly to an "Android Netbook". You can do that with Apple, but you have to jailbreak it first.

USB thumbdrives are recognized too, and so are external USB hard drives. That is awesome. Your precious $500 Ipad's memory will fill up with a dozen HD movies, but your Flytouch2 is all about the expandability. I'm probably getting a 500Gb external just to have it. I'd love to snag a USB bluetooth dongle, that would nice to test.

Built in Microphone, so it beats the Ipod touch there. Wifi is ready, I didn't get the 3g USB modem, sorry.

Having a LAN port is nice too, in case the wifi configs don't go smoothly with your router.

Using 2 memory cards is refreshing, you can load up with a couple of 32Gb cards, and you've got the Ipod's storage matched. The alignment is imperfect on those MicroSD slots, I accidentally slid my Micro card into the unit, just above the cage for the connector, but still underneath the plastic case, pulled it free with a scalpel, but I learned that you have to watch the alignment.

My license key is apparently already "used", so I'm unregistered, which is a bummer. Support staff at Euogo have replied that they will get me a new registration key, which I'll need to update the software. I'd like to update the software.

My unit seems to have trouble waking up from standby while a memory card is inserted into the upper uSD card slot. Popping the card free, and forcing a reboot with the power button gets the device to reactivate.

Updating to a froyo rom image may resolve that issue, I'd love to find out... if only I could upgrade.

I can get the android marketplace, no problems whatsoever. Youtube videos are mostly responsive, a few won't load, but for the most part, it works. Most of the free apps I've played with work without a hitch, and AngryBirds is nicer to look at on a 10 inch screen than it is on the Droid.

Video playback is smooth, I haven't tried the HDMI output yet. Again, this option kills Apple's Ipad. I can use my tablet as an HD movie repository, and enjoy those movies on any suitably huge HDTV I want. Ipad? Notsomuch.

All in all...

A good buy. $205 American, plus $35 and change for s&H.
Old November 20th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Superpad a.k.a. Flytouch2

Angry Micro SDHC cards

CameronB

I got my Pad on Tuesday but then had to buy an adapter as they sent the wrong charger!!!
All seemed O.K. until I put a brand new SDHC card into the top port. It seemed to recognize it, said preparing it, then said it was DAMAGED!!!!! Same in the lower port!

Did you have to do anything to yours to get it accepted? I gather that there has to be a card in to get it to carry out a number of tasks?

Any help would be much appreciated as my Chinese is limited to the Take-away meals!
Old November 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Mine worked like a charm, straight out of the box. Came with correct AC adapter, both uSD ports worked great, both USB ports also checked out with no trouble.

The only issue I had was getting the registration to go through. The first license key was "already used". This morning I received my 2nd license key, it worked perfectly, and so I updated via the system update app.

Nary a hint of trouble.

Since I'm an electronics tech, I may consider getting a replacement glass screen, and I might also look into getting some better batteries. I haven't pried my unit apart yet, but some enterprising hackers have, around the intarwebz, and it looks like it's not too difficult.

It would also allow me the chance to tweak the uSD cage, making misalignment less likely in the future.
Old November 20th, 2010, 10:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): 2xMoto Droid1s, 2xZT-180, WitsA81E, 2xViewsonic GTabs, Nook Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by molecular View Post
CameronB

I got my Pad on Tuesday but then had to buy an adapter as they sent the wrong charger!!!
All seemed O.K. until I put a brand new SDHC card into the top port. It seemed to recognize it, said preparing it, then said it was DAMAGED!!!!! Same in the lower port!

Did you have to do anything to yours to get it accepted? I gather that there has to be a card in to get it to carry out a number of tasks?

Any help would be much appreciated as my Chinese is limited to the Take-away meals!
Try formatting the sdcards in your pc for FAT32 with 4K block size... most work but a group of ones I bought didn't until I formatted them this way in the PC first... course for me the problem was with an original ZT-180 but could be same here...
The Following User Says Thank You to jtbnet For This Useful Post:
molecular (November 22nd, 2010)
Old November 22nd, 2010, 07:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Superpad a.k.a. Flytouch2

Default Micro SDHC cards

I will try your suggestion but my PC needs an adapter for the card so I have to wait till it arrives!

Thanks.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 02:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Thanks for the feedback on this device. I havent bought one as yet. Waiting for a good deal on eBay.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 03:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

At CameronB
When you upgraded... Is it Froyo (2.2) now?
Is Euogo in the US?
How long did it take from the time that you buy to get in your hands.
Last edited by Naysses; November 22nd, 2010 at 03:41 PM.
sponsored links
Old November 23rd, 2010, 05:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default reset problem

Hi. I got mine yesterday, and generally I am very happy with the product, but now i have some troubles with the Android 2.1 Don't know is it the tablet or the OS, but once I logged with my account and registered with AMarket, I can't remove it, because generally i bought it for present, and want to remove my google acount from the system. I created additional account hoping it will replace the first one- no luck. Changed my password, from the pc, and then the tablet doesn't want to go to Market. Tried factory reset option, the tablet freezes, but nothing happens after that. Cleared all the cache and stuff.... dead end. Any suggestions or ideas, or anyone else with the same problem? Can't update, because can't register, didn't get a valid key yet.
How to reset the device?
Thanks
Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Oh dear, sounds like you may have to re-flash the firmware.
Can't help you with that, you may have to do some research on the Andriod related forums. Maybe someone else will see this & know how to do it.
Just spotted this on another forum.

http://www.slatedroid.com/flytouch-ii/11637-firmware-updates.html
Last edited by rocky289; November 23rd, 2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 03:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky289 View Post
Oh dear, sounds like you may have to re-flash the firmware.
Can't help you with that, you may have to do some research on the Andriod related forums. Maybe someone else will see this & know how to do it.
Just spotted this on another forum.

firmware updates
Thanks Rocky, will wait couple of days, really, don't want to flash, i am much better in drinking beer.
Hope someone will come up with an app which resets the OS.
Last edited by kiddo69; November 23rd, 2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: add info
Old November 23rd, 2010, 03:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s):

I read that Zetthink has the same problem, and no clear answer yet.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 05:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s):

It took 7 days I think to get my Flytouch2 from Hong Kong. Fedex got it across the globe pretty darn fast, but from New Jersey to Upstate New York was slower. Of course, Veteran's day was in there too.

I'm pretty certain that I still have 2.1 after my first update. There is another, second update available, but my tablet stalls out at the 25% mark and reboots back to normal. My current firmware is deb-r2.1.1001, the updated version is x.1170.

I'm still trying to see if I can locate a .1170 update.zip file to toss on one of my uSD cards, but I don't think that Euogo.com is the programmer, just a dealer... I may shoot them an email.

It's powered by WowPad, which is a useless piece of information.

Aside from that, I simply wish the battery lasted longer, and charged more quickly. It's pretty obvious that the chinese went with lower grade power cells... but then, I expected that for a $200 tablet.

I also find it to be a bummer that multi-touch doesn't work on my screen. There's no good reason why it shouldn't. Apparently that's a common feature among resistive screens... but it shouldn't be a problem if the engineers designed the screen intelligently... but then, they are engineers, and engineers are mostly idiots.

I know this because engineers design medical equipment, and I hate them. They design things wrong. They always do.
/rant

Sorry.

Aside from that, my little $250 tablet is pretty darn slick. I'm playing Empire Defense Light, and I hate it, because I can't beat the stupid thing... Unless there is some sort of "Level Up and become more powerful" option, I won't be getting the full version.

Angry Birds was fun for about an hour, and now I'm at the limit of my ballistic capabilities. With out numeric power and trajectory readouts, plus timing information for the 3-way bird deployment, I'm unable to progress. Artillery gunners use Ballistic Computers, I want one too. I now also hate that game.

I know, flame away, "It's fun", or "How can you hate such a great game?" "You should give it more time"... No, it's not fun. Flinging my birds at essentially random directions isn't entertaining, I need WAY more ammunition that what's provided. I just can't "Feel" the shot line-ups. Too many variables for my brain to solve via intuition.

I actually paid for "Spaghetti and Marshmallows". I LIKE this one.

I'm looking for a good (read: Good, and Free) pdf viewer, an office document viewer, and a note-taking app that I'll love. I don't even know what features I want yet, so I think that I just need to find a virtual keyboard that makes me happy first, and then everything else falls into place.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 10:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Does your Flytouch have the X220 processor?
What was the range of the wifi?
Old November 24th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddo69 View Post
How to reset the device?
Thanks
Try the procedure found here.
Old November 25th, 2010, 02:04 AM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileysowner View Post
Try the procedure found here.
Thanks.
Still can't get it right though.
Device is off> press power button+home+front pannel button> and you get a screen that says "press the required keys if you want to apply a factory reset" and you have a countdown timer. Pressing the front button together with the menu leads me to sequence of letters and numbers on the upper left, with the counter running. Any other combination interrupts the counter and the unit boots. Tried many times, cannot view the reset screen. The chinese folks stopped responding. I am changing my account password and giving it away like this. Cleared the cache etc, the only problem will be how to get the Android Market running...Fixing Android Market Access on 2.1 v1 through a Windows PC. Have to try this I guess. Well, thanks for the help. And still if any one has the key combination, can post it here.
Old November 25th, 2010, 02:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Here is a bit more that may help.

11-7 update is here and confirmed to work!
The Following User Says Thank You to rocky289 For This Useful Post:
kiddo69 (November 25th, 2010)
Old November 28th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

Device(s): White GS3, Galaxy note 8 Galaxy tab 7
Carrier: Verizon

anyone gotten this tab to work with drm epub books from the library
sponsored links
Old November 29th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #21 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Possible solution

Quote:
Hi. I got mine yesterday, and generally I am very happy with the product, but now i have some troubles with the Android 2.1 Don't know is it the tablet or the OS, but once I logged with my account and registered with AMarket, I can't remove it, because generally i bought it for present, and want to remove my google acount from the system. I created additional account hoping it will replace the first one- no luck. Changed my password, from the pc, and then the tablet doesn't want to go to Market. Tried factory reset option, the tablet freezes, but nothing happens after that. Cleared all the cache and stuff.... dead end. Any suggestions or ideas, or anyone else with the same problem? Can't update, because can't register, didn't get a valid key yet.
How to reset the device?
Thanks
Hi. Just got my superpad. Had the same problem. Went to Settings, then the Privacy section and clicked Factory Data Reset. Please note that resetting will remove all downloaded apps (so back up) but not the bundled software, etc (that's what it told me) that came with the unit. It does appear that the tablet only allows one Google account at a time for a user. After resetting, I was able to access the market and appbrain sites. Please do note that the above solution may not work for you but it's an alternative. It's your choice. But I think it's better and less troublesome than flashing the unit. Hope you do fix the problem.
Old November 29th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

Device(s):

I got my Flytouch 2 lasyt week and i am very impressed. I have one problem with it and that is the calendar. I can put an entry on the Tablet and it will update my g mail calendar. However if i put an entry on g mail calendar, it does not update the tablet.

Any ideas?

Terry
Old November 30th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #23 (permalink)

Device(s):

So, I finally managed to locate the update.zip file to get my tablet to the .1170 firmware release. Using the System Update tool was not working at all.

The update definitely wipes all your apps. So, I now must pay for a new version of Spaghetti and Marshmallows. The marketplace has not tracked what I paid for. Thankfully, I'd not paid for much.

I should have known better, but just kinda hoped it would stay.

SuperUser stayed installed, oddly enough, did not get wiped. Z4root reports that my device is rooted, but the overclock widget says otherwise... I suspect that the tablet is nand-locked in some way... the updates can access key files, but other things cannot yet. So I can confirm a 780 Mhz clock speed here.

In my "System" app, I can tell that my build is deb-r2.1.1170, but the firmware version is 2.1, update 1, so not froyo? Kind of a bummer seeing as how gingerbread is on the cusp of release, but then, is that really a surprise?

The tablet seems slightly snappier, but not much. So, the update may have cleared out a few snags in the coding, but it's far from jaw dropping.

I like my tablet approximately 5 million times more than the Ipod Touch I had until recently, but since I'm bitter and cynical, I care more about what's wrong, than what's right. Thus:

These are the wishes I have for the Flytouch 3:
-Bluetooth Module (built in, or via expansion support)
-Infrared Emitter, for data transfer, or BETTER YET! So I can change the channel on my freaking TV! My PalmIII could be used as a freaking remote, that was back in 1999. Why have we gone backwards?
-512Mb minimum, so that uber android updates will run more slick.
-Nand Unlock, for us hacker jerks who can't leave well enough alone.
-Replaceable battery. Heck Yeah!
-Better sensors. all those cool spirit level and compass apps? Most don't work. BOOO! We are SO CLOSE to having a real freaking tricorder here! I can tell that I've got 3-axis sensors, the tricorder app can read deflection in 3 dimensions, and my tablet clearly acts like it has a gravity sensor.

I love the USB ports, and the support for keyboards and mice. I love the wifi. I wish certain videos would play on various websites, but I suspect flash just isn't perfect yet (or I need better than the default browser app)

When 64Gb and 128Gb microSD cards become commonplace, my tablet will eat Ipads for lunch... but for the most part, it already does.
Old December 1st, 2010, 10:20 PM   #24 (permalink)

Device(s):

I got my flytouch 2 directly in China. I need help to set the GPS, because the manual is in chinese. It says I'm somewere near to Africa (actually I'm in Buenos Aires right now). If anyone can help me, I would apreciate it.
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:10 PM   #25 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default english version

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuk View Post
I got my flytouch 2 directly in China. I need help to set the GPS, because the manual is in chinese. It says I'm somewere near to Africa (actually I'm in Buenos Aires right now). If anyone can help me, I would apreciate it.
The manual has a very short discussion on the gps. Am out right now but I will try to cite here the portion of the manual when i get home (got the english manual). Try getting a good gps app. Am not using it so I can't help you there.
The Following User Says Thank You to eprivate2010 For This Useful Post:
manuk (December 2nd, 2010)
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:11 PM   #26 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default QuickOffice or Docs-to-Go for FlyTouch2

Friends,

I'm going to be purchasing QuickOffice or Docs-to-Go for Android soon (prefer QO). The QuickOffice wishes to know what hardware I'm using. I assume to make sure they get the right version to me? Do any of you use either of these on your FlyTouch2? Did you have any difficulty with them?

Also, what are your favorite, must have programs for your tablet?

Also, where are you locating these ROM updates?

Thanks for your consideration,

Michael
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default GPS Navigation app

I purchased the CoPilot Turn-by-Turn GPS navigation app recently (before I got my tablet!). It really seems wonderful - more capable than my dedicated car GPS. They couldn't guarantee that it would work on the FlyTouch2 (Superpad, HyPE-Pad), but I thought I'd give it a try anyway as it was so inexpensive.

--Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to mrburkley For This Useful Post:
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:48 AM   #28 (permalink)

Device(s): Pantech Discover, HTC Vivid, Sony Xperia X10, Velocity Micro Cruz T301, Lenovo IdeaPad A2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuk View Post
Thought I saw an English instruction pdf on a German site selling this tablet. I'll link if I see it again.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChudleyOne For This Useful Post:
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

Device(s):

where are these available from to ship to US?
Old December 11th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #30 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Another name for the FlyTouch2 is the HyPE-Pad

The FlyTouch2 has a lot of names (HyPE-Pad, SuperPad and more). I just bought a HyPE-Pad from buyadroid.blogspot.com and thought that I'd let you know my preliminary review, since it really is the same as the FlyTouch2 (as far as I can tell).

Here goes...

I received my HyPE-Pad from buyadroid.blogspot.com! Jim from Buyadroid has given great support from the first day I came across his site and sent him an email. I would recommend buyadroid to anyone.

My HyPE-Pad arrived at the Fed Ex station in Hong Kong on Monday morning and arrived at my home in NY on Thursday afternoon. Boy, if I had to deliver something from China it would take me longer than four days to do it! FedEx is FAST!

I took it out of its packaging (no easy task as it was cardboarded and taped so that nothing was going to bother it!) and figured out how to turn it on (see below).

Here’s my candid review?

Well...

It's terrible...

It's terrible because I didn't get much productive done yesterday at all...

I spent the day playing with my HyPE-Pad.

It takes about 45 seconds to boot up from power off
I had a bit of a time unlocking the pad (There's an onscreen button that looks like an unlocked padlock that one has to press and slide up to a small dot on the screen to unlock the pad. Took me awhile to figure that out!).

The tablet comes with a stylus, earbuds, a GPS antenna, English manual and charger.

When I clicked on the “System Update” icon the tablet asked me to register. I typed in the included registration number and it worked fine. The tablet checked and came back with that I had the newest version and no update was necessary. Here is my tablet information:

The model number is deb
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 hzhao@emma#1
Build #: deb-r2.1.1170

The weight is 794 grams (1.75 lb). I went to the Post Office and asked them to weigh it for me, so I expect that’s an accurate weight.

I left the factory screen protector on. Actually, I at first peeled it off (leaving just enough on the edge so as to not disturb the alignment of the protector). I then used a ruler to squeegee the protector down, preventing any bubbles from forming under it.

Even with the protector on I have no problems with screen sensitivity. I don't have to press hard at all to get the screen to cooperate. There's no lag to speak of when turning through the desktop screen display. It's pretty cool actually. The display is clear and bright.

If you remember, I asked you whether you thought the 256 meg of memory in the HyPE-Pad was enough. You assured me that it was. Well, you were right. I've loaded a pile of programs on the HyPE-Pad and it still has room for more. That was a relief!

I had no problem connecting with my home WiFi and was able to browse the internet right away. I signed on to my Gmail account and found that a slow through the browser (it popped up a message saying that "This is taking a long time! - maybe use the basic HTML view"). I did that and it worked fine, but then I saw a Gmail icon on the desktop and clicked on that. After putting in my username and password - Bamm - I was on Gmail and my mail had refreshed. I use that icon now! I have multiple Gmail accounts and can access them all from that.

Market works fine. I went to it and proceeded to download a pile of applications. I haven't bought anything as of yet, but I will let you know when I do. The SlideIt keyboard demo works fine and is much easier to use then the regular keyboard as I can do it one handed. I think it works best in portrait mode as the keyboard then doesn't stretch across the long side of the screen. There's less distance you need to "slide" to get to all the keys. I'm a long-time Graffiti user on my Palm smartphone and was looking forward to using the Access Graffiti for Android. Unfortunately, the HyPE-Pad doesn't support copy protection so the company won't allow me (or you) to use it. Alas! I really find Graffiti useful. I think I can get used to the SlideIt keyboard though.

Quickoffice works fine. I've already purchased that (though not through the Market). That allows you to read, edit and create MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. files. I've purchased and installed CoPilot, an awesomely-featured turn-by-turn navigation system for Android (inexpensive, too). It installs fine on the tablet, and does everything that doesn't require a GPS signal. I still haven't hooked up the antenna, and it's 20 degrees F/ -7 degrees C out, so I'm not wandering about outside as of yet. I'll let you know how this works later.

I've downloaded a number of games (Labyrinth, Bubbles 2, Sudoku, Angry Birds, Mahjong), all of which work fine. Interestingly enough, though the Labyrinth game works well (a game where you tilt the tablet to move a ball through a maze), two other applications that use the device to make a level (and one a compass, too) didn't work. They ran OK, but the level part didn't work, nor the compass. Perhaps the compass part didn't work because I didn't have the GPS antenna hooked up, but I don't know.

I am wondering if the tablet charges when it's not on. I was charging it last night and it was up to 24% when I left it. When I came back this morning the red charging light was off. When I turned the tablet on the charging light lit again, and the screen indicated that it was only 30% charged. I'll get back to you on that. Hmmm...I just checked it again (after five minutes) and the red charging light isn't on but now the indicator says that it's 94% charged. Maybe some things need to be worked on there! The WiFi turns off when the tablet goes into sleep mode (options are 1 min, 10 min, 30 min or never). So if you're downloading something make sure to not have it go to sleep on you. You can tell it to go to sleep by pressing the power button for one sec.

About the battery life? Well, I was having too much fun to really notice, but I was running it a lot during the day and didn't run out until about 7:30 pm when a notice popped up saying that the battery level was at 12% and that I should either hook it up to the charger or quit. So far this morning I’ve had the WiFi on for two hours and the battery indicator states that it is 42% charged (the only way that I can figure out the battery level seems to be to hook the charger up).

Alas, Google SkyMaps doesn't seem to work well. The maps display, but the screen orientation is off (no matter which way you turn the screen you have to tilt your head to the side to read the onscreen star names). The display shifts around when you move the screen, but I don't think it knows what direction I'm really pointing. I haven't tried this with the GPS antenna hooked up though, so that might be part of the problem.

I love to use an RPN calculator when I need a calculator. RPN (or Reverse Polish Notation) is the method of input used by HP calculators and is SO MUCH easier than standard calculators for a lot of calculations. I found several online, either free or inexpensive (when you pay $1.99 for an exact clone of a $100+ programmable scientific calculator - that's inexpensive!)

The Youtube application works fine. Pandora works fine (even as a background task). The included ebook reader works fine as well. The picture viewer and slideshow work fine. The camera works fine as well. Yes, it's not a super hi rez thing, but it's more than good enough. The voice recorder works OK. The quality of the recording is good enough for voice memos, but you wouldn't want to record a story to share with anyone else. The music player works with .wma and .mp3 files (at least). The volume is fine as far as I can tell (not across the room, but fine in lap). It shows album art, too.

The YouVersion Bible software works fine. I'm really waiting for MyBible/Pocket Bible to come out with their Android version (as I already have a number of their Bibles and other help), but this will more than do until then. I won't mind hearing about other biblical resources though!

I was amazed to see a 3G setup icon on the desktop. When I clicked on it it said that there was not a 3G modem installed. But it said install one! I wonder what this means. I'm not going to sign up for any 3G plan (no service where I live), but it sounds like a very useful capability.

The settings icon is easily found and has lots of options. Explore! One I like is how you can develop a security swipe - a onscreen drawing that will unlock your tablet. Without knowing the swipe no one can access your tablet. I haven't used this as of yet, but I probably will in the future.

I think this is an awesome tablet. I will find it very useful and fun, I'm sure.

My thanks go out to Jim at buyadroid.blogspot.com. He did a tremendous amount of work in getting my HyPE-Pad to me to me. I really doubt that I would have gotten a tablet right now if it wasn't for his honesty and transparency on his website.

--Michael Burkley
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrburkley For This Useful Post:
aleric4000 (January 5th, 2011), jtbnet (December 11th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old December 16th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #31 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default New to this

I just recieved my Flytouch 2 it seems to be a nice pad. I got the wi-fi up and going but can not figure out how to change weather from celcius to ferinhiet. If you could tell me I would be most thankful.
Old December 18th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #32 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Flytouch 2

I got a Flytouch 2 equivalent. After I upgrade to 1107 release, Everything does work faster. But I have lost my Wifi. It keeps complaining that Unable to stop Wifi and Unable to scan for networks. Anyone can help? I am looking for original dory-r2.1.925, I believed people said 1107 worked well and do not have the original firmware. I may have to go back to dory release as a tablet without wifi is almost useless.

TIA.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 03:44 PM   #33 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Well I finally bought a Flytouch 2/Superpad from these guys & are very happy with it.
Came with the latest firmware & serial number.

Apads : Aero Artworks, Proudly Decorating Australia
Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:35 PM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Updating Firmware For Flytouch Superpad???

Hi, I just received my flytouch (superpad) and the buyer told me he already put the registration code in. That for every update I must buy a new registration code. I was told on a forum that the buyer Must give me the registration code when I purchased the device.
How do I know that the device is really registered?
Other thing, to update firmware, do I have to buy registration codes everytime?
Thanks.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:54 AM   #35 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by eprivate2010 View Post
The manual has a very short discussion on the gps. Am out right now but I will try to cite here the portion of the manual when i get home (got the english manual). Try getting a good gps app. Am not using it so I can't help you there.
Is there any way I could get a copy of the English manual from you or off the web some where? I have the Flytouch2 10" no manual no reg key/number. Thanks for any help
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:28 AM   #36 (permalink)

Device(s):

hey... i am recieving my flytouch2 either today or tommorrow i will use it for a while and post my review hope everythin is good and Gl to anyone else buying one
Old January 4th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #37 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi
just got a superpad does anyone know if you can install apps onto the sd card instead of the internal as mine is full already

cheers
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #38 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default ffly

Well its great i will post my review later. First some problems some apps look stretchd and the gsensor doesnt seem to work problemohand i am posting rom thereright now overal its funoh and should i updated to 2.2. Oh ialmost forget the touch doesnt seem to work proply ith fungers u ned stylu
Old January 7th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #39 (permalink)

Device(s):

I pulled on my charging cord and now the pad won't charge unless I put some pressure on the plug. I'm assuming that means that I broke a solder joint inside the pad. Do any of you know how to open this up without destroying it? I'd like to open it up, re-solder the bad connection and close everything up neatly.

Thanks for the help!

--Michael

p.s.: I don't think you can install apps on the SD card. You have to have Android 2.2 or higher for that (though perhaps someone has rooted it to do this?).
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #40 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi, had mine about 4 days now and I love it. I bought it mostly for watching movies & TV shows etc on the go. Occasionally I might use it to browse at home when one of the kids is on the pc!

Connected by ethernet fine, but will not connect to my wireless.
It does pick it up, I input my password, it says obtaining IP address, then disconnects. Any ideas? This is when I am actually 12 inches away from the router by the way! Thanks
sponsored links
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #41 (permalink)
ooo

Device(s):

where can i buy this in the UK?
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #42 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut56d View Post
Hi, had mine about 4 days now and I love it. I bought it mostly for watching movies & TV shows etc on the go. Occasionally I might use it to browse at home when one of the kids is on the pc!

Connected by ethernet fine, but will not connect to my wireless.
It does pick it up, I input my password, it says obtaining IP address, then disconnects. Any ideas? This is when I am actually 12 inches away from the router by the way! Thanks
Hmmm...I don't really know. I do have the HyPE-Pad, which is a bit different. Are you using the WiFi app to connect to the wireless? Ah! I just thought of something! Is the WiFi button on the top right of the pad slid to the left (the on position)? I had a problem for a while connecting and found out that I had manually turned it off (oops!).

--Michael
Old January 8th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #43 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrburkley View Post
Hmmm...I don't really know. I do have the HyPE-Pad, which is a bit different. Are you using the WiFi app to connect to the wireless? Ah! I just thought of something! Is the WiFi button on the top right of the pad slid to the left (the on position)? I had a problem for a while connecting and found out that I had manually turned it off (oops!).

--Michael
Yes, I am trying to use the Wifi app. Just to be sure, I tried it in both settings myself! I know, it is a strange one. Maybe it does not like my security of WEP?

When I added a Network, it found it straight away, reception is excellent it says, then asked for the password, which was accepted. Then when I watch the bit where WiFi on - off is shown, it displays Obtaining IP address etc, then comes up disconnected. Not a biggy, am sure will sort itself out, but in the mean time, if anyone has any suggestions
Old January 8th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #44 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo View Post
where can i buy this in the UK?
Ebay. But shipped seems long and expensive! Not sure if I can advertise on here (Mods delete if not), but I got mine from here:

Fly touch 2 Android 2.1Tablet PC-MID-10.1TFT- Infotmic iMAPx210-1GMHZ-256 DDR2-2G- (Flytouch20563PC04) - US$ 249.99

They were very good, reasonable price compared to others and as I am so impatient, they delivered by DHL in 5 days which was trackable by the each movement.

If link gets deleted, let me know and I will PM you.
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #45 (permalink)

Device(s):

Can you give me some help on how to download books to the WowReader? What format is required? I tried pdf but can't see it. Do I need something additional to enable the app?
Old January 10th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #46 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi everyone..can anyone explain how to register the code ?

Is it necessary to register for using GPS
Old January 13th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #47 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I'm trying to set a wallpaper on my superpad, but it keeps getting enlarged... nothing I do seems to work. The original image is here:

and this is how it appears when I set it on my tablet:

When I add it i enlarge the crop area to as much of the fll size of the image as possible.

Really frustrating, you think adding a wallpaper would be simple.

Please help.
Old January 18th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #48 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamail View Post
Is there any way I could get a copy of the English manual from you or off the web some where? I have the Flytouch2 10" no manual no reg key/number. Thanks for any help
Hi, I just found this link,
http://www.onderka.com/wp-content/Manual-ZH10X2.pdf, and got an awesome english download. Hope it helps.
Old January 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM   #49 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC EVO

Superpad 10.2" Tablet PC, Google Android 2.1

now available on amazon...

is this the same super pad in this thread???
Old January 21st, 2011, 08:56 PM   #50 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default how to reset device

Quote:
How to reset the device?
Thanks

start Fly touch

- Powerup same time Back button (on the front) and Home button

when display 5 sec ... then
- pusch Back button and home button again

files of SD card transfere to Fly touch

-reboot fly touch

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 2