Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 2

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 14th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Flytouch 2 with deb-r2.1.1561
Carrier: Not Provided

Arrow Infotmic Superpad Flytouch 2 updated to deb-r2.1.1561 build

Just installed Upgrade to my Infotmic Superpad Flytouch 2. It is now running deb-r2.1.1561. So far this seems to be a decent upgrade from the previous build.

I was previously having issues with VOIP/Sip/Skype calling over wifi, but now they seem to work almost everytime. The mic and speakers would not work at the same time, with the new build they work each time my tablet connects the call. My Headset also works when using Skype and Voip.

So far I am liking this new build. Anybody else loaded it yet? Can we get Android 2.2+ on this build??

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old January 15th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): SuperPAD Infotmic X220 Android 2.1.1 Infotmic 1561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzy View Post
Just installed Upgrade to my Infotmic Superpad Flytouch 2. It is now running deb-r2.1.1561. So far this seems to be a decent upgrade from the previous build.

I was previously having issues with VOIP/Sip/Skype calling over wifi, but now they seem to work almost everytime. The mic and speakers would not work at the same time, with the new build they work each time my tablet connects the call. My Headset also works when using Skype and Voip.

So far I am liking this new build. Anybody else loaded it yet? Can we get Android 2.2+ on this build??
I have seen several examples of bad upgrade attempts with this latest. My SuperPAD has advised me of the availability of 1561, but I am a bit scared to update. I selected the "System Update" button but when I saw a message in Chinese script, I cancelled.

Could you take a moment and outline a step by step on how you accomplished the update?
Old January 15th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Flytouch 2 with deb-r2.1.1561

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofferyh View Post
I have seen several examples of bad upgrade attempts with this latest. My SuperPAD has advised me of the availability of 1561, but I am a bit scared to update. I selected the "System Update" button but when I saw a message in Chinese script, I cancelled.

Could you take a moment and outline a step by step on how you accomplished the update?

Before installing any update, it is highly recommended to backup your system. I use my Backup Pro, Backup all Apps and user data. (I cant remember if I needed root access to use Backup Pro)

After performing a backup of my system to my SD Card. I clicked on System Update on the Superpad. I then clicked on Update and a screen did popup with some notes in Chinese, but mostly its informing you of the changes to the SW. The highlight of which is the addition of the storage manager.

I highly recommend connecting your super pad to your network via cable, rather than wifi.

It took quite a while for the device to download the 79 Meg file, but after it finished downloading, it prompted for install (I think), After which it installed and restarted. The first restart did take a bit longer and I had to re-register the device with the registration code.

After Re-rooting the device I the restored my apps and my settings.

If you dont feel comfortable updating, then I would wait till others have updated and can provide feedback on how to restore your device if the install fails.

On a side note the Download took forever and I noticed that it would pause if the device went into "sleep" mode. So I had to quit my first download and change my screen timeout to "Never". Then when downloading again it still would pause every 20 minutes or so, luckily they have a "Pause task" button which will pause or unpause the download.

All in all I think start to finish, including restore and re-rooting, I spent about 2.5 hours performing this update. But if you have issues with using VOIP type apps then it may be wise to install the update.

Any More Questions let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fritzy For This Useful Post:
Lectruck (May 21st, 2011)
Old January 18th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Wowpad

I just updated on my wowpad yesterday and it was pretty easy (took 3hrs tho)
I felt everything getting faster and nothing wrong at this stage.

Anyway I can TALK by skype now!That issue was biggest for me but now solved.
I was keep complaining to skype but it was not Skype's fault..Sorry!
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Notsure Rooting Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzy View Post

After Re-rooting the device I the restored my apps and my settings. .........

Fritzy,

How did you root your pad? I rooted my HTC Hero and that was easy but i cant seem to find any instructions for rooting my pad. Any help will be appreciated.

here are the specs :
Processeor: ARM , 1GMHz
System Memory: 256MB Memory
Operating System: Google Android 2.1
Screen: 10.2" TOUCH SCREEN TFT LCD Display;1024 x 600
Rom: MLC NAND 2GB. T-Flash card slot Maximum up to 32GB
Ports:
2 x USB2.0
1 x Mini HDMI
2 x TF card slot
1 x DC jack
Battery Built in 3200MAH Li-ion Battery; About 3 Hours
WIFI: WIFI,802.11 b/g, 3G(WCDMA,EVDO)
Video formats: MP4 SP, AVI(XVID,H.263,DIVX), Flash, 3GP, H.263+WMA,H.264 (720p),some of 1080P
Audio formats: WMA,MP3,WAV,OOG,AAC,EAAC.
AC Power: Adapter: 100-240V Input

Additional Features
1.3 Mega Camera
High quality Speaker
G-Sensor
Vibration function
Support GPS

Thanks , WildAcexXx360
Old January 20th, 2011, 01:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Registration Help

Just updated the Superpad Flytouch 2. It is now running deb-r2.1.1561

But the kids have lost the registration number for this , now it keeps on ask for a registration number. This pad was registered when we first purchased it but with the new software it completely wiped the downloaded apps and wants its own registration number. ( Which is lost)

Have contacted the seller in China but only response was sorry cant help. Is there a central manufacturer I can contact or does someone know a hack, please help.
Old January 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hey partner, how about letting us know from whom you purchased your SuperPAD so that we won't make the mistake of buying anything from them.

Thanks
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

I just opened my new Infotmic Superpad Flytouch 2 last night and other than the fact that I am quickly finding out that using Android rather than Windows is very limiting, I really like it. I would like it more, however, if it worked on battery power. It powers up for about 2-10 seconds than closes down. Restarted, it last one second. With power it works fine; says battery fully charged.

Anyone experienced this? Is there is a secret button?

And, as a bonus, how do I get the temp display in F as opposed to C?

Thanks for any help...

John
Old January 20th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHBSkylark View Post
I just opened my new Infotmic Superpad Flytouch 2 last night and other than the fact that I am quickly finding out that using Android rather than Windows is very limiting, I really like it. I would like it more, however, if it worked on battery power. It powers up for about 2-10 seconds than closes down. Restarted, it last one second. With power it works fine; says battery fully charged.

Anyone experienced this? Is there is a secret button?

And, as a bonus, how do I get the temp display in F as opposed to C?

Thanks for any help...

John
Hey John

Try holding down the power "ON" button until you hear the "growling" noise and see the screen come to life saying "INFOTMIC"
Old January 20th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Wowpad

Quote:
Originally Posted by paduser View Post

But the kids have lost the registration number for this , now it keeps on ask for a registration number. This pad was registered when we first purchased it but with the new software it completely wiped the downloaded apps and wants its own registration number. ( Which is lost)

Have contacted the seller in China but only response was sorry cant help. Is there a central manufacturer I can contact or does someone know a hack, please help.
Why don't you try to contact with infotmic?

official

I'm not sure they speaks English or not though..

Same with Win-PC.
Like a ..We can't ask electric shops about license key. need to contact with Microsoft you know.

Anyway found hack tool info from
InfoTM X220 (Flytouch II, WOWpad, SuperPAD) ROM Development - xda-developers

Sorry but I'm not sure about this as I don't try!
Do that as "own risk"! I just wanted to inform u this.
Last edited by Jgeek; January 20th, 2011 at 08:24 PM.
sponsored links
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have a flytouch 2 and I downloaded the new update. Once it completed, it asks if I want to update. I click yes and it reboots. Once it comes back up, it will only go to the infotmic page and hangs up there. I have to hard reset and when i turn it back on it still had the old firmware. Any ideas on how to update this?
Old January 21st, 2011, 04:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s):

I am having the same problem as bigbones87. could really use some help on this as the seller i bought it from has not been responding to emails.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by paduser View Post

I got the same problem.
Did you find any solution?

My wowpad works, but cannot upload new program through "Market"
Old January 24th, 2011, 04:21 AM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Sensation XE HTC Desire

Dito the same thing any help please...
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s): Superpad a.k.a. Flytouch2

Default Re:- Registration being asked for

The only way around this, if you have no Code, is to disable the request. The downside is that you will have to do a manual install of any updates you want to apply.

What you do is to root the Tablet using z4root or similar. Then, using rootexplorer, you navigate to system, then Apps. Scroll down to wowupdate.apk. Set rootexplorer as rw then re-name file as wowupdate.apkz.

This works on my SuperPad but I cannot be sure it is universal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to molecular For This Useful Post:
colin4unow (January 25th, 2011), Lectruck (May 21st, 2011)
Old January 25th, 2011, 03:42 AM   #16 (permalink)

Many thanks to molecular for that useful information and I may try it a little later. But some in this thread have done successful firmware updates so my question is has the download corrupted the firmware in some way ? If it works for some and not for others surely it must be the download. Just a thought.....
Old January 25th, 2011, 05:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Sprint Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbones87 View Post
I have a flytouch 2 and I downloaded the new update. Once it completed, it asks if I want to update. I click yes and it reboots. Once it comes back up, it will only go to the infotmic page and hangs up there. I have to hard reset and when i turn it back on it still had the old firmware. Any ideas on how to update this?
Mine Gina doing the same. I'm about to give this thing up And maybe get something else
Old January 25th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #18 (permalink)

Hi Pest345. don't give up I believe this to be a small problem that will be resolved. We know that some have had a successful firmware update and other's have not. so from this I believe the problem to be in the download ie the firmware is getting corrupted during download. Its a large file and sometimes the download pauses and then restarts etc. If we could remove the file that we downloaded and re download it again this may help but how do we remove the file? that is the question we need answers to. any ideas any one Thanks in advance Colin
Old January 25th, 2011, 06:50 AM   #19 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Help!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbones87 View Post
Hi friend,
I just bought a superpad and I'm trying to navigate but I can't. I connected to wifi but when try to navigate, or update or register, the system inform that I have to connect!
Could you help-me? There's no information on the poor manual, but I saw that you connected your gadget...

Thanks!
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #20 (permalink)

You can find your registration code at Settings-about device-certificate. It's a very long number hope this helps
sponsored links
Old January 25th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have the same issue. Infotmic screen hangs on system update reboot. I have also tried to access the recovery mode via volume - and home which also locks it on the infotmic bios screen. If i push volume - and center button at bottom of screen i get a string of code and system will boot in 5 seconds, i have tried the volume - and home function here as well and still no recovery mode. I have loaded the firmware on the root of my sdcard still in the zipped form.

Anyone have any other ideas of key combinations that may open the recovery mode so i can perform a manual update. The reason for update is the market does not function. A little history i ordered the pad as a present for g/f and it came and was loaded with 1561 already, then about 4 days later the pad wouldn't function without being plugged in. So i have returned to reseller and they have supplied a replacement. But now this replacement came loaded with 1170 and the market does not open and function. One difference i noticed with this pad is it has a gold HDMI out port were the other was silver. Also it has for caps that look like screw holes and the other did not. Anyone know the differences in variations and models of these pads? Does gold mean anything different? Do you have to root to get to recovery menu? Should I try key combo's after infotmic bios screen?

Thanks for the help i appreciate it. They want to limit for ease of use and it causes so many issues. Why do we have to "root" android, feel if its not a phone we shall be able to be administrators. lol.
Old January 26th, 2011, 05:34 AM   #22 (permalink)

The Fix we have all been looking for ....This Will work.....
OK before we go any further make sure you have your registration code you can get this
Settings-about device-certificate. It's a very long number.
Also you will need a male to male USB lead I got mine from ASDA £1.99p

Then go to and follow all instructions and watch the short video.
How to restore your flytouch 2 to 1170 with burntool If you need help or have a query just ask me its not a problem. PS when downloading any firmware please use the network cable (NOT WIFI) and also keep your device pluged it to the charger...

My thanks to qpr1991 from who supplied all the above info...

Just a foot note to the above ...Remember the update that hangs on the infotmic page... well just run that update again ..... Enjoy
Last edited by colin4unow; January 26th, 2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old January 27th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi guys,

I have the infotmic android 2.1 tablet (superpad). I put in the recent update unaware that I would need the registration code again. The registration was on a sticker on the back of the tablet but the ink is warn off. I tried settings-about device-certificate, but it must have been wiped out with the update. I am now unable to access the market, in addition to having lost all the apps I downloaded. Is the only option at this point rooting the device? I understand rooting can take away the incessant request for the registration code, but will it give me access to the market again?

Any information or advice would be helpful.

Thanks.
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:05 AM   #24 (permalink)

Hi Damuknockoff.
Did you backup your device before the update ? if so you may be able to retrieve your registration code from your backup.
Colin
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #25 (permalink)

Device(s): droid eris htc

I need clever help. I have the current build Android have not rooted On tablet. I want to connect to my phones wifi tether. The issue is it comes up as adhoc and Android does seem to like that. Can rooted software fix this so I can use my phones internet on my tablet?
Old January 29th, 2011, 02:51 AM   #26 (permalink)

Hi knightbobdude.
What I do on my HTC Desire is Settings, Wireless & Networks and then turn on Portable wi-fi hotspot. I can then with wi-fi connect my tablet to my Desire and use it as a hotspot. Hope This Helps......Colin
Old January 30th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #27 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your response. No, I didn't back it up. I guess the question boils down to what are your options if you have lost your registration and there is no way to retrieve it? Will rooting the tablet permit me to simply stop the registration request, or will it allow me to access the market again?

Thanks,
Bill
Old January 30th, 2011, 09:24 PM   #28 (permalink)

Device(s): Gome FlyTouch Samsung Galaxy S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuknockoff View Post
Hi Colin,

Thanks for your response. No, I didn't back it up. I guess the question boils down to what are your options if you have lost your registration and there is no way to retrieve it? Will rooting the tablet permit me to simply stop the registration request, or will it allow me to access the market again?

Thanks,
Bill
Lost registration:

If your number has rubbed off, try tilting the tablet & label many ways.
Because the lettering is stamped, the faint imprint might still be visible.
-
If you are really hosed, one solution is to remove the register pop-up nag.
No more nagging pop-up but also no more OTA updates.
-
Tablet has to be rooted (use latest z4root)
Use Root Explorer to find and rename wowupdate.apk to wowupdate.apkz
That's it! The Register icon on the status bar will remain but no more pop-ups.
The Following User Says Thank You to cruxader For This Useful Post:
colin4unow (January 31st, 2011)
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:10 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuknockoff View Post
Hi Colin,

Thanks,
Bill
I may have finally located the party in China who can get us new registration codes.

I found out from their FAQ page that the whole purpose of the registration is so you can get future upgrades automatically over the internet. That’s it. It has no effect what so ever on the current installed system operation.

FYI, the tablet PC system software is formally known as the “WowPad Tablet PC System”. If you are not using the current official WowPad system release, the internet based “System Update” feature will not work. I would take that to mean that if you are not running Revision deb-r2.1.1170, you cannot use the “System Update” app to update to Revision deb-r2.1.1561. It would be interesting to know if those of you with “Rooted” tablets are able to update with the “System Update” app software.

I have requested a new “Registration Code” from the WowPad software system provider and will let everyone know the outcome.

See the update procedure I followed for 1561 at: http://androidforums.com/other-tablets/268427-how-perform-superpad-update-native-system-update-app.html
Old February 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #30 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default My tablet would not connect to Wifi

Hi All,

I bought my tablet today but I am not able to connect to any wifi network. Strangely, when I try to connect to wifi, the network scrambles for other systems too and they are disconnected.

Is it a problem that any of you have also faced? Would request an opinoin on how to solve this.

Regards

I am running deb-r2.1.1170
Last edited by Gopher; February 4th, 2011 at 01:55 PM.
sponsored links
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #31 (permalink)

Device(s):

I bought my Superpad from Electronic Dealz online last week. Super fast delivery and very customer friendly. Just wanted to put that out there. They are located in Arizona and not in China, not that there is anything wrong with China.

I have a couple of issues so far. I am having issues getting the battery to charge to 100%, and it seems a little weak. The people at Dealz say they will replace it or refund my money what ever I want, however I really would like to get it working right. Also does anyone know how to change the weather program wowweathergadget from C° to F°?

has anyone loaded another version of Android yet?
Old February 27th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #32 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default FlyTouch 2 Stucks @ starting

Guys I need your help to install the new software in my new FlyTouch2.
I got the tablet fm china. I did he system upgrade. It was a huge file. it asked for a restart. When i restarted it . it stucks at starting.

Upon pressing start button, this apprears on screen,

1) Infomitic comes for few seconds
2) Then some graphic comes and system get held at that point, and do't go further

there is no help from supplier. Kindly let me know how do i reload the software again.

I'm very new to android.

Thx
Old February 27th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #33 (permalink)

Ok Guys this is what you need to do visit How to restore your flytouch 2 to 1170 with burntool

And follow the instructions THIS WILL FIX ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS...
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default zenithink.us website is currently down

Hello

I'm trying to download the new fimware for Zenithink.us, but its currently down. Is there any other website where we can download the new firmware to restore the FlyTouch2 tablet.

Thanks
Old February 28th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #35 (permalink)

Are you trying the burntool or sd update both sites are working ok tell me which you want and give me a email address and i will email to you.

Colin
Old March 1st, 2011, 05:52 PM   #36 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemark View Post
I bought my Superpad from Electronic Dealz online last week. Super fast delivery and very customer friendly. Just wanted to put that out there. They are located in Arizona and not in China, not that there is anything wrong with China.

I have a couple of issues so far. I am having issues getting the battery to charge to 100%, and it seems a little weak. The people at Dealz say they will replace it or refund my money what ever I want, however I really would like to get it working right.
I would suggest you to get the battery problem fixed ASAP. See my problem :-(
All about the Battery (Life, charge, dischage times ) Flytouch 2

You are lucky, my local (Australia) ebay seller is deaf or mute and at the end vanished. Still, my pad was sent from China. I was hoping dealing with local seller might be better.

Honestly, I had better experience with ebay seller in China. It seems they have people just sitting there and read your emails. Communication was fast. I sent back my defect item and got replaced quickly.
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:41 AM   #37 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Zenithink.us is down

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin4unow View Post
Are you trying the burntool or sd update both sites are working ok tell me which you want and give me a email address and i will email to you.

Colin

Hi Colin,

Zenithink.us is down. i'll appreciate if you can send me both, burntool and sd update. my email address is

FR4141@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help
Old March 5th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #38 (permalink)

Device(s):

I am new here, thanks for all the great posts. I just started playing with my Super Pad today and am impressed with it completely. I can't find any registration number and it never er and it never asked for one. Whe I tried to update to the latest setup it says I ha ve the newest version. So I'm good there, I think. Has anyone else had the same happen? I got mine from China and was amazed at how quickly it got here to me in Ohio, from China 5 days. So now my question. Has anyone tried to install the Android 3.0 version or 2.2 on the flytouch2? I have both versions and have read that they are both much superior to 2.1 that they come with. The flytouch3 comes with 2.2 installed.
Old March 6th, 2011, 03:03 AM   #39 (permalink)

Hi dbldipp.
Because of the Arm processors in our flytouch tablets they cannot run flash so what other benefits are available in 2.2 or 3 that 2.1 cant handle ?

Cheerz Colin
Old June 15th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #40 (permalink)

Device(s):

I recently updated my Flytouch 2 with deb-r2.1.1561 and not only did it wipe out everything, it now will not let me download applications or anything for that matter. is there a solution to this?
sponsored links
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:10 AM   #41 (permalink)

Device(s): SP II 2.1 'deb' (x two), SP II / FT III 2.2 'disco', HTC G2 Hero 2.1, HTC Desire S 2.3.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin4unow View Post
Hi dbldipp.
Because of the Arm processors in our flytouch tablets they cannot run flash so what other benefits are available in 2.2 or 3 that 2.1 cant handle ?

Cheerz Colin
Hi Colin,

It would appear I, and most people I know with these beasts, must be hallucinating because I run Flash perfectly on my tablet.

But, as you appear to know better, I won't bother telling you how it's done...

Regards
tbod

Ok, I will.

Update your tablet with one of the firmware files from apad.tv, I used s0I's but Tim's are very popular. Other benefits include decent 3G support, speed improvements etc.

Make sure you check your tablet is compatible first by checking your machine name, version, etc. first.
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:20 AM   #42 (permalink)

Device(s): SP II 2.1 'deb' (x two), SP II / FT III 2.2 'disco', HTC G2 Hero 2.1, HTC Desire S 2.3.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldipp View Post
I am new here, thanks for all the great posts. I just started playing with my Super Pad today and am impressed with it completely. I can't find any registration number and it never er and it never asked for one. Whe I tried to update to the latest setup it says I ha ve the newest version. So I'm good there, I think. Has anyone else had the same happen? I got mine from China and was amazed at how quickly it got here to me in Ohio, from China 5 days. So now my question. Has anyone tried to install the Android 3.0 version or 2.2 on the flytouch2? I have both versions and have read that they are both much superior to 2.1 that they come with. The flytouch3 comes with 2.2 installed.
Hi Col,

Don't bother with the 'Update' app, it doesn't work, it always says you are on the latest version. Firmware updates and 'user improved' versions are available on other fora such as aPad.tv (am I allowed to say that here?) which solve various problems, offer super user privileges, improved speed, decent 3G operation, flash support etc.

If you're happy with the firmware you've got I suggest you stick with it. However if there is a feature you specifically want it might be worth the risk upgrading. Just remember the old maxim "if it ain't bust, don't fix it"...

(I say risk as there is always the possibility of 'bricking' your tablet.)

My experience (here in the UK) is I usually have to wait three to five weeks to get anything from Chinese sellers on eBay so, five days, you jammy beast, well done!

Regards
tbod
Old November 14th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #43 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Battery Upgrade and Power supply upgrade

Hello All,

I have a HyPEpad (which is basically the same design as the FlyTouch 2, Superpad, etc - though I've heard it's from a different supplier).

In any case, I was having problems with the power supply input on the tablet end. I bumped the power cord and it cracked the solder joint inside the tablet. I had to hold onto the power cord and pull it to one side to make contact and charge the tablet. Not a good idea!

So I opened it up (using a thin knife and slipping it down the side of the tablet and gently prying up the top. It was scarey at first, but I got used to it!). I had to unscrew the motherboard to get at the solder joint of the power connector. I just touched them to melt them and that was all. I put the tablet back together (I took pictures prior to make sure I didn't forget anything!) and the power supply now worked fine.

Then after a short time it broke again. That darn plug sticking straight out from the side! Very fragile! I repeated the above procedure then went off to Radio Shack and purchased the correct sized perpendicular plug which would fit into the socket but sit on the side of the tablet instead of sticking straight out. I cut the original and spliced the wires together (using shrink tubing to guard the wires. I had to wrap the plug with some glued fabric to make sure it was flush with the side of the tablet (it stuck out a bit which made it wobble). THEN I bought some little tiny plastic stick on picture hangers and stuck one on the side of the tablet overtop of the middle USB port (I didn't need two of them). Now I could hook the cord onto the picture hanger hook. I then could pick up the tablet with the power supply cord and not put any strain on the plug - the picture hanger took the strain (I didn't do that though - I'm stupid sometimes, but not THAT stupid!).

Now that my power supply was safe I still had to keep the tablet hooked up to use it (mostly) as it didn't last much more than 2 hours on the battery. But I had noticed that there was a lot of room where the battery was. It seemed that another battery could fit right on top of the original. After some testing I found out this was so. So I ordered a new battery for my HyPEpad, spliced it into the wires of the old battery * and put the tablet back together. They fit - almost. On the end opposite the ports the middle bulges up perhaps two millimeters. I can live with that, and Wow - the battery life if great!

* I do need to mention that the battery I bought had the wires switched around - the positive on the original was the negative on the replacement. That wasn't good! I don't think it would have helped my tablet to have plugged that battery into it! I KNOW that it wouldn't have been good to hook the two batteries together that way. Blam! Whoosh!

So, now I have a tablet with doubled battery life and an (almost) indestructible power plug. Great! I’ve also upgraded to Froyo. I like it though I can’t get paid Android Market apps anymore. I can through the Amazon App market though. You can check it out at [GUIDE] :: SuperPad/FlyTouch2/WWE10 Android 2.2 Froyo USB Flashing ::
I’ve included some pictures to show you the finished results.

I hope this might give you some ideas!

--Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tablet and Power Supply.JPG (103.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Tablet and Power Plug, side view.JPG (70.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Cord Guard.JPG (102.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Power Plug Modified.JPG (1.03 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Gap caused by extra installed battery.JPG (78.4 KB, 7 views)

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 2