Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 1st, 2011, 05:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default New user with Flytouch questions

Hi there

I’m based in the UK and brand new to the world of Android (having just brought a 10” tab from Amazon). Tablet was described as a “Cambridge Sciences V10 tablet” but after doing a bit of reading both here and on the Net it appears to be a hybrid or clone of a Flytouch. Details of the tablet below:-

Model: DISCO10
Version: 2.2-20110503
Kernal 2.6.32.9
Build FRF85B

So far I’m happy enough with the tablet (mainly using it for the reading of comic book (CBR) files) though I’ve had a couple of issues (prompting me to join and post here J).

- Firstly I’m only able to access free apps via Android Market place (though I understand this is a known issue for this type of device), I’m aware that there are alternate ways of getting paid apps (either from other market places or downloading to a different android device first) but there’s a couple I want from market place that I can’t seem to find anywhere else. I’ve tried going on via the web to the market place web page where I can view paid apps but it won’t let me down load any as my device is apparently incompatible (I’m pretty sure it’s not as some of the apps are just ad-free paid versions of ones I already downloaded for free). Is there any way of downloading paid apps from market place onto a PC first (by making market place think you have a valid/compatible device)?
- Secondly when I insert an SD card containing photos I get the message “must reboot to HD mode”, if I reboot I don’t see any difference and often get the same message again. If I cancel and ignore it goes away until I reboot or try to open the pictures via the gallery app when it appears again. The picture seem to open and appear ok in the program but the message keeps appearing. Is this a known issue and if so does anyone know of a way to avoid it?

I’m aware of the various ROMS available that may improve performance (such as Tims 4E?) but have not yet felt brave or comfortable enough to try these yet (as I believe there is no way to restore original settings afterwards?). Though if they would potentially fix either of the above then I would consider giving them ago.

Thanks in advance for any advice or insight that anyone can offer (if I need to repost in a more general question thread then please let me know).

Gary.

Advertisements
Last edited by Kingofdreamsn; July 1st, 2011 at 05:26 AM.
sponsored links

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 2