Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 10th, 2011, 01:43 AM   #301 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default mine on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusnext View Post
I am pretty sure it is built-in GPS, and the external antenna is for better gps precision.

I went ahead and bought the Flytouch3 w/ express shipping. Am waiting for China Grabber to send me my tracking number though. Hopefully, I will be one of the first to get tab so I can do the first review.
should have in a week left china. will post when i get it.
ps can i add a 160g external 2.5 drive?

sponsored links
Old June 10th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #302 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Fake Flytouch 3???

I keep hearing nonsense about anyone who sells flytouch 3's that are not by ibex are fakes. It seems a lot of gullible people are being taken in by people who work for ibex that comment on these forums so please listen to some truth from a neutral person.

Firstly Flytouch 3 is not a copyrighted name in the UK and is not owned by ibex or any other company. To say that a superpad II or III is a fake is actually laughable, the definition of fake is something that is pretending to be another product.

Secondly these devices are generic, they all use the same shell manufactured in China with the same ARM CPU and the same firmware. There are minor differences in build quality, memory capacity and battery size so you should look out for this.

I bought a flytouch 3 of a UK website, it has a 7000mah battery and is marketed as a superpad III. It is really great and the seller I bought it off was so helpful, Iím glad I went with a UK seller so I donít have to return it to China if there are any problems with it. I am glad with my product and anyone who wants to claim it is fake then please do some research into these devices and copyright law. Also beware of forum posters (me included) who will tell you that a certain company (ibex) is so great because chances are you are reading an ibex sales pitch lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to androidexpert For This Useful Post:
bigbaldbloke (July 3rd, 2011), dart16 (June 17th, 2011)
Old June 11th, 2011, 05:53 AM   #303 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyandrews View Post
sounds like you may have gotten lucky.

The fact is, that there the original maker iBex's have 8000mah batteries and the specifications, packaging are as described.

There are many other not so lucky buyers who are thinking they are getting the real flytouch 3, but only are getting the fake "Superpad III" - if it is the superpad III then just say it, don't like and say you are selling an original product when you are not.

In the end there is not a lot of difference between the different models, but the iBex does have specs it claims (8000mah battery, latest firmware, after sales support via apad.tv forums).

Real iBex Flytouch 3 vs. Clone Superpad III

Flytouch 3: How to Tell if Flytouch3 is Real or Superpad III (fake)?
Actually Zenithink are the real original makers of these tablets, this is a fact. iBex are just manufacturers just like superpad, you are right that there are some inferior models out there but to call them 'fakes' or 'clones' shows a lack of understanding of what a fake is.

I have dealt with many fake items before through ebay and through work. If a product had an iBex logo on the box but was actually a superpad it would be a fake. If a product had a superpad logo on the box but was actually an iBex it too would be a fake!!!

I got mine with 7000mah battery (superpad), slightly smaller battery than the iBex version (this one last about 6 hours, ibex probably last an hour longer).

it works beautifully and they have been so helpful with customer support, etc and the price was good. It is definately not a fake but a good product, don't know why everyone is trying to give superpad a bad name because I love it.
Last edited by Slug; January 9th, 2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Removed advertising link
Old June 11th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #304 (permalink)

Device(s):

I know the model you are speaking of but the one I purchased is the disco version. It is a good tablet and was well worth the price, i'm sure the ibex models are great too and have maybe an hour more battery life (mine has about 6 hours so i'm not complaining) but I think just slating any tablet that is not an ibex is wrong. Be carefull and chose a good seller, check battery life and make sure you can return it if it's not working properly to a local address.
Old June 17th, 2011, 04:27 AM   #305 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Another supplier

A also bought a Flytouch3/Superpad2. I bought it from Merimobiles. The box was printed with SuperPai III. It has a 6400mAh battery, as did ALL the Flytouch3 at the time - even the iBex one. My Tablet reports being a DISCO10 model. It is indistinguishable from the iBex version except perhaps that it seems to have a decent wifi range!

It is not a clone or a fake, It hasn't befallen any of the problems that have been widely reported.

IMHO the ONLY tablets that should be avoided are the SAWEE model as they are clearly a different system board (soldered in flashRoM and not a TF card, 9volt powersupply/charger) and behave differently.

enough of the 'fake' and 'clone' already, it's not helpful.
Old June 18th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #306 (permalink)

Device(s):

Cool flytouch 3

I purchase from ****** $155 flytouch 3 1Ghz, 512ram, 8GB internal HD.
Downloaded z device test and it showed it had 1Ghz, 372ram 83% used 62.61 free, 938 Mbytes internal HD of which 737MB free.
How can this be if I ordered 8GB internal, am I not looking at the correct info?

I like the device, just need some help getting it working right.

Preloaded android market allowed download of angrybirds (works), raging thunder lite (works but cannot figure out how to calibrate the accelerometer, not an option under settings)

The device has android market, but it doesn't seem to be the official site.
How do I download the real deal? Says it is not compatible

tried to download from official market.android.com PANDORA but also states not compatible

Thanks for helping me learn about Linus and Android. this is my first time not using windows
Old June 19th, 2011, 01:30 AM   #307 (permalink)

Device(s):

Ordered June 3 received June 16th
Old June 19th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #308 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammar View Post
Mine arrived in 8 days. It looks like the 32gb Flytouch 3 has been released ...

32gb iBex Flytouch3 faster than 16gb Flytouch 3, Zenithink 2 | PRLog

I should have waited for this, but may be able to upgrade from 16gb to 32gb myself? Also, what is the difference between the Flytouch3 and the iBex Facepad?

Wholesale Cheap Electronics-Drop Ship, Apad, iPad Cases, Spy Cameras

Ya, I personally want the 32gb iBex Flytouch3 or the 16gb Facepad.. Still trying to get my money back from the clone seller though... The past few months have been a nightmare.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-claims/warranty-issue-on-China-cloned-tablet-flytouch-3/td-p/260988

I hope I don't get stuck with a "door stop" weight. Let my experience with clones, be a Lesson to to all potential buyers who are thinking of "rolling the dice" taking a chance on a clone unit.
Old June 20th, 2011, 03:44 PM   #309 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart16 View Post
A also bought a Flytouch3/Superpad2. I bought it from Merimobiles. The box was printed with SuperPai III. It has a 6400mAh battery, as did ALL the Flytouch3 at the time - even the iBex one. My Tablet reports being a DISCO10 model. It is indistinguishable from the iBex version except perhaps that it seems to have a decent wifi range!

It is not a clone or a fake, It hasn't befallen any of the problems that have been widely reported.

IMHO the ONLY tablets that should be avoided are the SAWEE model as they are clearly a different system board (soldered in flashRoM and not a TF card, 9volt powersupply/charger) and behave differently.

enough of the 'fake' and 'clone' already, it's not helpful.
I totally agree, I actually read the responses to my last post and got worried, I contacted a friend who told me about the Flytouch 3's in the first place and asked to check his 'real' ibex tab out.

I was relieved though because it was exactly the same as mine in EVERY way (and I really tested everything!), even battery life was pretty much the same. I downloaded tim's 4e rom (official flytouch 3 rom) and it worked perfectly on my device. I think its more important to worry about whether the seller will give a money back guarentee if it's broken. I would much prefer a working superpad III to an ibex tab that arrives broken from China.
Last edited by Slug; January 9th, 2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Removed advertising link
Old June 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #310 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi all,

First: I've been lurking and reading the posts on this thread for a while now, and want to thank all the contributors. I feel like the posts here are really helping me weed out shady deals that I might have jumped on.

On to my question: I'm a grad student and would like a tablet to take notes on during classes, and markup .pdf docs. I know that the programs exist to do these things, however I played with a couple of capacitive screen tablets at best buy and staples, and the resolution of the touch pick-up is terrible (Xoom, iconia and dell streak). I could only write legibly if the lettering was 3in or bigger using my finger, and from all accounts the capacitive styli aren't great either.

A little internet searching lead me to the conclusion that the traditional solution on windows laptop style tablets is to use an active digitizer, but that a resistive screen might work in a pinch. Further research led me to the conclusion that the superpad/flytouch is probably the best of the resistive tablets out right now.

I'm hoping that one of you helpful folks has some experience or can test out how handwriting on the flypad works out using the stylus? I'm hoping to write in the 1/4 to 1/2in (.6 to 1.3cm) letter height range with reasonable clarity.

Any other input or thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks
sponsored links
Old June 21st, 2011, 07:09 AM   #311 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Genial Writing

I downloaded and tried Genial Writing app. It would be possible to write with 0.5inch tall letters...but it will take some getting used to, you cannot rest your hand on the screen and I found my hand writing almost unintelligible, not that I have the neatest hand writing but still.....can't you buy a 'leather' keyboard case or even a netbook and type?
Last edited by dart16; June 21st, 2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old June 21st, 2011, 07:18 PM   #312 (permalink)

Device(s):

@dart16
Thanks for checking that out. It sounds like it would be rough to use in practice. I hadn't really thought about the palm rejection problem, that sounds problematic for longer note taking sessions.

The keyboard would certainly work for some situations, however I frequently need to take note of equations or physiologic diagrams which are problematic with a keyboard.

I also like to mark up journal articles as I read them, and I find that I lose the marked copy most of the time. I was hoping to start doing the markup on a tablet and keep everything in a digital archive for future reference.

I have considered using a combination of keyboard and stylus: keyboard for text items and stylus for drawings/ equations. I guess that's my best option unless I want to wait for the Lenovo business tablet with active digitizer this fall and pay $$$.

Thanks again for checking that out
Old June 23rd, 2011, 05:49 PM   #313 (permalink)

Device(s):

Blush Apad variants for sale in the UK on ebay

Last week, I decided to get an android tablet because my kindle was not vary good at displaying technical books in pdf. When you convert them to mobi files, they end up a mess and, hard to read if they have equations n stuff on the page. Hence, the need for something a little larger. To be honest, I drive a Mac and, always, said I would get an Ipad, should I buy a tablet. But, my BF started to tell me about android so I became interested in the form factor.

Anyways, from the beginning, I was always very paranoid to buy from China because of a lot of bad stories that, I have heard passed about on the interweb. My decision was to buy in the UK thinking, I would save money and get the best value for money so I turned my attention to ebay. Therefore, I bought this device which says its an Apad!

The Apad Tablet 10.2" V3 - TheApad.com

They do not display the box as mentioned in other posts and, the battery looks to only be around 3000 maH.

10.2" Apad epad Flytouch 3 Android 2.2 Tablet PC 8GB | eBay UK

In all honesty, I would not have know the difference between 1 tablet with android and any other this time last week. However, after reading all the posts in this thread, I have decided not to take the chance and, buy from this character. Even though, he reassured me of the quality and the 1 week no grumble guarantee on this device. Apparently, some buyers received the said product to discover only and empty box! Nightmare....omg The guy selling this device advised me to check the parcel and, look in the box whilst the postman is still there. Sound like good general advice to me

To finish my story, I have asked for a refund and, if he has not already posted the device, then, simply, not too! As I think this is a clone, 2 tf slots, shady battery, no pics of the box or device name.

Keep up the good work on this thread!

I hope that I get all my money back so I can get a device from ************.
Last edited by slateblue; June 23rd, 2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old June 24th, 2011, 03:17 AM   #314 (permalink)

Device(s):

Paypal finally asked me to send unit to seller for full refund after the case was under review for months.

@Slateblue, consider yourself lucky you found out before the seller shipped / before you accepted the package - I am still battling with seller 3 months later! Also, those buyers who got empty boxes must feel gutted. Just shows how lots of people on that auction site do not even know what they are selling as they are "dropshipping."

The UK seller could have known about the empty boxes but it was probably not the case. It was most likely un-scrupulous b2c platform sellers (like alibaba) that gave him a drop ship price that was too low to resist, then slowly built trust up, only to gut him by sending out clones, and worse yet, empty boxes!

The scam seller I bought from was also was sending out Android 2.1 Flytouch2 (not even the clone Superpad III) with fake froyo installed. Some buyers also complained that they received empty boxes as well! To be fair there probably are some honest sellers out there, but you must do your homework first. To summarize tips I've read on this thread:

1) Packaging:
Ask to see the box / packaging: Anything saying Superpad III / "Superpai III" is probablly a Sawee Clone and should be avoided.
2) Battery Capacity:
Check description for Battery Capacity; Real Flytouch3's have 8000mah batteries: If no battery capacity is noted, it is probably left out for a reason and you can assume it is only 3000mah-5000mah. Don't ask if it is 8000mah as they will say anyting to get a sale; You could ask, "What is the battery capacity?"
3) Firmware:
Ask what firmware version - (although heard the Sawee10 factory has changed the firmware name to Disco9 or Disco10 now).
4) Known Brand:
Safest bet is the iBex Flytouch3 Brand tablet as iBex / ************ first released the Flytouch3 (I believe OP found they had them first). ************ also stands by products with after-sales support and is a apad.tv forum as it is a sponsor.

Going to place my order for 32gb iBex Flytouch3 or Facepad (leaning toward FT3) as soon as I hopefully get refunded.

Found this cool Flytouch3 resource page during my online searches...

http://www.jeangalea.com/posts/computer-tips/flytouch-3/
Last edited by philerup; June 24th, 2011 at 03:28 AM.
Old June 24th, 2011, 04:59 AM   #315 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthedroid View Post
It says here it is 8000mah...

"Latest Version of FT3 - iBex Flytouch3 / 3G Superpad2! With 8GB NandFlash, upgraded Adobe Flash 10.1 Support, 8000mah Battery and External 3G Broadband support!"

And here is the actual picture of iBex battery: Flytouch 3 8000mah Battery - Replacement Battery for Flytouch3

The non-iBex clones only have 6400mah and the g-sensors do not work. While the price may seem lower, if you receive a faulty or refurbished tablet from a rogue seller on one of these B2C platforms, you will be stuck with a brick tablet or have to pay $45 back to China for refund.

http://androidforums.com/gome-flytouch-tablets/319207-buyer-beware-superpad-iii-flytouch-4-not-flytouch-3-only-faking-clones.html
This is your opinion.....it is not factual

Quoting a link to a subset of the FT3 family doesn't prove your point.
Non-ibex FT3's don't all gave faulty g-sensors, not all the non-ibex FT3's will end up faulty (and many iBex ones will) and there are plenty of satisfied non-ibex FT3 owners out there.
Old June 24th, 2011, 06:32 AM   #316 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by philerup View Post
Paypal finally asked me to send unit to seller for full refund after the case was under review for months.

@Slateblue, consider yourself lucky you found out before the seller shipped / before you accepted the package - I am still battling with seller 3 months later! Also, those buyers who got empty boxes must feel gutted. Just shows how lots of people on that auction site do not even know what they are selling as they are "dropshipping."

The UK seller could have known about the empty boxes but it was probably not the case. It was most likely un-scrupulous b2c platform sellers (like alibaba) that gave him a drop ship price that was too low to resist, then slowly built trust up, only to gut him by sending out clones, and worse yet, empty boxes!

The scam seller I bought from was also was sending out Android 2.1 Flytouch2 (not even the clone Superpad III) with fake froyo installed. Some buyers also complained that they received empty boxes as well! To be fair there probably are some honest sellers out there, but you must do your homework first. To summarize tips I've read on this thread:

1) Packaging:
Ask to see the box / packaging: Anything saying Superpad III / "Superpai III" is probablly a Sawee Clone and should be avoided.
2) Battery Capacity:
Check description for Battery Capacity; Real Flytouch3's have 8000mah batteries: If no battery capacity is noted, it is probably left out for a reason and you can assume it is only 3000mah-5000mah. Don't ask if it is 8000mah as they will say anyting to get a sale; You could ask, "What is the battery capacity?"
3) Firmware:
Ask what firmware version - (although heard the Sawee10 factory has changed the firmware name to Disco9 or Disco10 now).
4) Known Brand:
Safest bet is the iBex Flytouch3 Brand tablet as iBex / ************ first released the Flytouch3 (I believe OP found they had them first). ************ also stands by products with after-sales support and is a apad.tv forum as it is a sponsor.

Going to place my order for 32gb iBex Flytouch3 or Facepad (leaning toward FT3) as soon as I hopefully get refunded.

Flytouch 3 - Jean Galea | WordPress Developer in Malta | Web Design and Web Development
Just a quickie, the seller is not replying to my emails at this time. My feeling is that he will send the device anyway by registered post. If, I was to refuse signing for it and ask to send it immediately back to the sender, would I still be entitled to a refund?

Or should, I accept then, check the package then send it back but, by doing things this way I will have to pay a restock fee and P&P twice!

Ebay.co.uk is swamped by the invasion of the Clone Army. However, there does look to be some devices, which are the same model as the ibex flytouch. In that they have only 1 tf slot but batteries all have a lower capacity. Only, none of the sellers seem to want to show the boxes that the products arrive in.

To be honest, next time Im not going to take a chance, Im going to ************. Does anyone, know what the import duties are to the UK using ************ and, what company is used for shipping the devices?
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:46 AM   #317 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
This is your opinion.....it is not factual

Quoting a link to a subset of the FT3 family doesn't prove your point.
Non-ibex FT3's don't all gave faulty g-sensors, not all the non-ibex FT3's will end up faulty (and many iBex ones will) and there are plenty of satisfied non-ibex FT3 owners out there.
I highly agree. I paid $168 delivered and the product is good. It has the same exact firmware as the ************ product for about $50 less. I installed Tim's 4e ROM last weekend and it was without apparent hitches.

The bad thing on mine, is it took almost the entire 30 days for it to be delivered and there are no updates via China Post. I was having some concerns about purchasing abroad and it taking so long.

I have had it 2 weeks and thanks to the postings on androidforums and apad, I have been able to have all of the functionality that I can expect to have.
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #318 (permalink)

Device(s):

please Help, after flashing my flytouch with tim 4e, my battery gets stucked at 88% while charging, i switched to tim 4d2 to see if it will be corrected but its gets stucked at 57%.i've calibrated my battery but still getting the same result. Any help will be appreciated.
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #319 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by makadrake View Post
please Help, after flashing my flytouch with tim 4e, my battery gets stucked at 88% while charging, i switched to tim 4d2 to see if it will be corrected but its gets stucked at 57%.i've calibrated my battery but still getting the same result. Any help will be appreciated.
Are you charging your battery with the tab turned on?... I noticed on mine it spent a long time at the same value because the charge rate I measured was very low when the tablet is on. Switch it off and charge it overnight and see if it is charged in the morning.
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #320 (permalink)

Device(s):

I did the same thing with my droid x phone. The charging was completely messed up after applying certain ROMs. Since my phone is VERY important to me, it was unacceptable. Basically, fully charged overnight with the power off deleted the battery file as they direct you in the calibration. I say this only to show that battery issues are not unique to cheap chinese tablets.

If you charge your tablet overnight with the power off, does the charge light extinguish?
sponsored links
Old June 25th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #321 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

1) Packaging:
2) Battery Capacity:
3) Firmware:
4) Known Brand:

Flytouch 3 - Jean Galea | WordPress Developer in Malta | Web Design and Web Development
You shouldn't be giving advice if you are unsure about what you are saying. If you get a superpad III it is good but you must make sure you buy a real superpad III, there are alot of fake Superpad III's and fake ibex tablets and fake superpad II's. It is shocking because the boxes look identical, the only way you can really know whether you are getting a good product or not is to buy from a trusted seller.

I bought a second tablet from the same people as last time and it is just as good as the first. It has the DISCO 10 firmware and is running tim 4e firmware (runs bbc iplayer and youtube from browser!!!).

I have horror stories of people buying fake ibex tablets with SAWEE operating systems. These fake sellers cause so many problems, just beware and go to someone that can offer you a warranty. If you buy from ebay you have Paypal and ebay protections so you can always get a refund. I would not buy from a foreign website because they would want you to return the item overseas (ehich can cost as much as the device) in order to get a refund. Then you can have customs problems like a friend of mine experienced. Ebay is probably the safest option (just avoid chinese sellers though).
Last edited by androidexpert; June 25th, 2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old June 27th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #322 (permalink)

Device(s): SP II 2.1 'deb' (x two), SP II / FT III 2.2 'disco', HTC G2 Hero 2.1, HTC Desire S 2.3.3

Quote:
... while the FLytouch3 is not made by Gome, the Original one was....
As people keep on pointing out, Gome is an outlet store not a manufacturer, they do not actually make anything.
Old June 28th, 2011, 02:29 AM   #323 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Cloned Flytouch 3 tablet PCs from China on Ebay UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidexpert View Post
You shouldn't be giving advice if you are unsure about what you are saying. If you get a superpad III it is good but you must make sure you buy a real superpad III, there are alot of fake Superpad III's and fake ibex tablets and fake superpad II's. It is shocking because the boxes look identical, the only way you can really know whether you are getting a good product or not is to buy from a trusted seller.

I bought a second tablet from the same people as last time and it is just as good as the first. It has the DISCO 10 firmware and is running tim 4e firmware (runs bbc iplayer and youtube from browser!!!).

I have horror stories of people buying fake ibex tablets with SAWEE operating systems. These fake sellers cause so many problems, just beware and go to someone that can offer you a warranty. If you buy from ebay you have Paypal and ebay protections so you can always get a refund. I would not buy from a foreign website because they would want you to return the item overseas (ehich can cost as much as the device) in order to get a refund. Then you can have customs problems like a friend of mine experienced. Ebay is probably the safest option (just avoid chinese sellers though).
To be honest, because tablets are trending in the UK, right now, this has bought all the dodgy sellers out of the woodwork, who have tried to invest in the Chinese tablet market and, make a quick buck.

Most of them, do not even know much about the shady products they are tying to sell and, the descriptions and details of the device's in question are evidence of this! Of course, there will be some genuine sellers out there, but from what I could see the other day, not many. They all have the same really bad selling technique and use bad language with poor graphics to describe there devices for sale.

Additionally, they are very shady and, tell lies when the need arrises so they can kill the sale. They all struggle to have 100% feedback. None of them show pictures of packaging, unless the device is a Superpad 3, or give all the details of the device in full, as ************ does! This is just to protect the sale of their cloned machines. Personally, I would rather go with buying Chinese than, putting my trust and hard earned cash into the pockets of some of these highly dubious drop-shippers who take advantage of innocent or naive buyers in the UK tablet market by abusing ebay.

It is my belief, that the Ibex Superpad 2 Flytouch 3, and their other devices are much superior and, they are marketed in a much fairer and user friendly manner! If most of the buyers in the UK, using ebay, were aware of this thread, there would be less sales of most of the rubbish that is flaunted at this time.

As for getting a refund from some of these sellers, it is like getting blood from a stone so sometimes, you would have been just as fast to RTB in China. At least they know what they are doing with delicate electronics over there!
Last edited by slateblue; June 28th, 2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: To add searchable tite
Old June 28th, 2011, 03:30 AM   #324 (permalink)

Device(s):

I don't believe the iBex FT3 was in any way superior to some other sellers FT3's. The trick is finding the right 'other seller'

At the moment they appear to be the only supplier (note NOT manufacturer) who's product is supplied with a 8000mAh battery,which on the face of it seems to be be an advantage, but there hasn't been enough time elapsed to ensure that there are no problems associated with the larger battery (heat dissipation,battery swelling/screen contact and so on.) - but don't expect that advantage to last for long! In fact, I did notice a post referring to a version of the FT3 with an internal 3G modem and a sim slot. Nothing stands still in this market for long!.

I bought my FT3 from Merimobiles. On their site they post the latest firmware update files, there are two files..Firmware2 and Firmware-Discovery If that is not a guarantee that the model they sell is a DISCO then I don't know what is! I have had no problems with it and it was delivered in a reasonable time.

Having more than one reliable source can only be good for consumers.
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:44 AM   #325 (permalink)

Device(s):

I do agree with most of what you say.

I guess everybody that writes on these forums complaining that they have been 'duped' or 'conned' are Westerners and they are applying Western values to the advertising they have seen about their purchases.

China has no 'Trading Standards Agency' or 'copyright' protection, so they can name their products whatever they like in order to sell them.

Under their laws they don't need to (and indeed never will) call their Flytouch III something different to the next sellers Flytouch III, but we, as consumers, need to understand their practices if we want to ensure what we are buying is exactly what we want to buy.

My advice to a would be purchaser is before you part with your money ascertain the following -

Ensure it is a DISCO or DISCO10 model
Ensure it has a 5 volt charger
Ensure it has just one external tf slot
Make sure you know the capacity of the battery
Make sure you know the capacity of the internal tf card

the box it comes in and what they have printed on them is irrelevant.

Providing the item matches your expectations when it arrives you should not be disappointed as it will accept Tims firmware and there is plenty of support about should you have a problem.
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #326 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I do not know what the fascination is with these falsely advertised knock-off Flytouch3's to re-iterate my point from a few posts ago, check this post out:

Need your help to identify and resolve errors in this tablet

The proliferation of iBex Flytouch 3 clones is not ethical and misleads the consumer.

Here is a guide for telling whether or not you are about to order a fake flytouch3:

1) BATTERY:

Description makes zero reference to: the Battery size!
Ibex Flytouch3's have 8000mah batteries - 16gb versions do as well vs. Non-iBex tablets have 3000-6400mah batteries.
This is why non-iBex Tablets tend to be $10 cheaper on average. The crucial difference is 3-4 hours less of battery usage.

2) PACKAGING

If the description does not have a picture of packaging, then it is probably a clone and the seller is trying to "hide" something.

Many buyers have fallen victim to bait and switch. How would you feel if you bought some Nike Air Jordan's only for $150 only to get them and find out they were made of pleather (not leather), had no arch support, and started falling apart at the stiches after the 2nd week of wearing them? Pretty pissed right? My friend bought a clone tablet and this is the analogy he gave me.

If the box says Superpad III or Superpai III it is definitely a clone. Superad II is the Flytouch3, there was never a Superpad III....(no Android 2.3, or Android 3.0 FT3 has been released yet).

Superpad III: Buyer Beware! Superpad III, Flytouch 4 are NOT Flytouch 3 - Only Clones!!

The link above has a link to the Genuine iBex Flytouch 3 packaging - Note: the package does in fact say "Superpad 2 Flytouch 3."

3) NOTE on Jpad Sawee10:

If the box says Japad or Superpai (i instead of d, what ******s, heard of spell check?), then RUN Away!

This is the c-grade buggy clone of the iBex FT3. First link details many problems.
Yes, i wish i would have read this How to tell fake Flytouch3 guide before losing all of my money to ebay/paypal/dishonest chinese seller!
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:47 AM   #327 (permalink)

Device(s):

thats ok...but it is not factually correct.

3) NOTE on Jpad Sawee10:

>If the box says Japad or Superpai (i instead of d, what ******s, heard of spell >check?), then RUN Away!

>This is the c-grade buggy clone of the iBex FT3. First link details many problems.

I had a SUPERPAI II and it was a DISCO model and has been very reliable. In many cases, the Chinese are not too bothered about which box they put their goods into.
Old June 28th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #328 (permalink)

Device(s):

Today, I have been communicating with the charlatan, who tried to sell me a lump of environmental disaster enhancing rubbish. The bit that annoys me, is he tried to use our laws and our system to con me out of my hard earned money. This is a way of life to these creatures of the underworld who shy away the the true light of life.

At first, I just wanted a cheap tablet to read PDF books! However, I found my self getting dragged in to a world of con-artists selling lumps of cheap plastic and silicon.

Now, I know once you pay for the device, your money is gone, even if it is through paypal! Further more, they use cheap imported products, for about £1-£2, selling them to gain a good reputation! Then, they start creaming the money with these really poorly made bricks. At the moment, Im living a night-mare because, I did not want to pay Apple the money to buy one of their quality and excellent products, which are produced to a very high standard! How, I have learned form my mistakes, now, Im just going to go out and buy an apple ipad, even though they are expensive! Because, at the end of the day, you get what you pay for and, buy buying this rubbish we just encourage certain parts of the world to try to rip us all off for even more of our hard earned money.

Tomorrow, my bf will borrow me a little cash, to cover the £138 that, I have lost so I can by an ipad. This lovely, knacky little titbit of clever technology will no doubt serve me well for sometime to come also, if I brick it, its still worth more money than the cheap clones that are now invading our shores. All of these clones, have tried to rip off Apple's outstanding concept but, I will not be used any further in this charade.

Once bitten, twice shy!
Last edited by slateblue; June 28th, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old June 28th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #329 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Cloned Flytouch 3 tablet PCs from China

The seller, has now agreed to pay me back! But, only If, I accept the device from the carrier and, then return it his UK address. Interestingly, all the devices come from HK, and, considering, he only replies to my emails after 10pm at night, I suspect he lives there or in China too! It looks as if, he has made these addresses up so as to access the UK ebay market but so he could supply his cloned tablets from China, drop-shipping. Naughty, naughty so peeps, beware the details and lengths these devious people go to so they can cream our hard earned money is ludicrous. Although, Im sure the hard currency gives them a really good living in China!

One thing, I have not mentioned, these sellers with their substandard materials and illegally cloned goods, may even be bringing the good name of Google Android down and, in to disrepute by, using the open source software to drive their rip off devices. If you want to truly experience the elegance and simplicity of the Android OS then, buy it only on a reputable platform, by Western standards not Chinese! E.g Motorola, Asus, HTC and, others, including Ibex from ************, who seem to be quite reasonable to provide the back up through ApadTV.
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #330 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I do agree with most of what you say.

I guess everybody that writes on these forums complaining that they have been 'duped' or 'conned' are Westerners and they are applying Western values to the advertising they have seen about their purchases.

China has no 'Trading Standards Agency' or 'copyright' protection, so they can name their products whatever they like in order to sell them.

Under their laws they don't need to (and indeed never will) call their Flytouch III something different to the next sellers Flytouch III, but we, as consumers, need to understand their practices if we want to ensure what we are buying is exactly what we want to buy.

My advice to a would be purchaser is before you part with your money ascertain the following -

Ensure it is a DISCO or DISCO10 model
Ensure it has a 5 volt charger
Ensure it has just one external tf slot
Make sure you know the capacity of the battery
Make sure you know the capacity of the internal tf card

the box it comes in and what they have printed on them is irrelevant.

Providing the item matches your expectations when it arrives you should not be disappointed as it will accept Tims firmware and there is plenty of support about should you have a problem.
I couldn't agree more. Personally I have a theory that most of these are made in the same factories. Only the marketing and packaging changes. I'm tempted to get a dozen of these good products and sell them for less than the Ibex. With my marketing skills, I'd probably end up with a dozen spares.
sponsored links
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:35 PM   #331 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Main difference is the speaker quality.. I am actually trying to figure out what kind of speaker model it is so I can upgrade the Speaker in my FT3...
Any luck in figuring out the speakers used on the Facepad? I was thinking of replacing the FT3 speakers with ones from an old laptop I have - that is once I get my FT3 which is still stuck with Customs

But I doubt if the laptop speakers will fit in the FT3. There are some cheap PSP and Nintendo replacement speakers available on ebay but not sure how good those will be compared to whats in the FT3. Anyway I'll post once I have a go at it.
Old June 29th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #332 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by acgreen View Post
Inside the FlyTouch3 Superpad2 (photos)

someone upgraded speakers here.. i am interested in which speakers the iBex Facepad uses as well...
I followed that thread earlier but no one there has actually replaced the speakers. I read elsewhere that there isn't sufficient room for one of the (left?) speaker due to the circuit board around it. So I guess its going to be difficult finding good small sized ones. It may also be that the Facepad uses a more powerful amplifier with the same speakers but this cannot be confirmed till someone opens their pad and posts pictures.
Old June 29th, 2011, 03:53 AM   #333 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansjunk View Post
I followed that thread earlier but no one there has actually replaced the speakers. I read elsewhere that there isn't sufficient room for one of the (left?) speaker due to the circuit board around it. So I guess its going to be difficult finding good small sized ones. It may also be that the Facepad uses a more powerful amplifier with the same speakers but this cannot be confirmed till someone opens their pad and posts pictures.
One of the sellers adverts I read the other day listed the speakers in the FT3 as 0.5Watt......of course, this is only half the story.. anybody know the rating of the audio amplifier chip??
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:03 AM   #334 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
One of the sellers adverts I read the other day listed the speakers in the FT3 as 0.5Watt......of course, this is only half the story.. anybody know the rating of the audio amplifier chip??
From all the pictures of FT3 board I have looked at I couldn't discern the audio amp chip used. Once I get my FT3 it should be easy to tell.
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #335 (permalink)

Device(s):

Great news!, I finally got my money back from paypal / Scam-Clone seller! I am ready to pull the trigger and get the 32gb iBex Facepad or iBex Flytouch3. I guess the question is bigger battery vs more robust speaker quality / stronger build.....

Both should work with Tim's 4e Rom which is a good thing.

Will let you know what I decide once the trigger is pulled. Leaning towards the Facepad though.

Found this comparison / review thread:

Question about the Facepad?
Old July 1st, 2011, 11:47 AM   #336 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Great news!, I finally got my money back from paypal / Scam-Clone seller! I am ready to pull the trigger and get the 32gb iBex Facepad or iBex Flytouch3. I guess the question is bigger battery vs more robust speaker quality / stronger build.....

Both should work with Tim's 4e Rom which is a good thing.

Will let you know what I decide once the trigger is pulled. Leaning towards the Facepad though.

Found this comparison / review thread:

Question about the Facepad?
My question is if the Facepad speakers are really better than the FT3 with Tim's 4e ROM?

I installed Skype and the speakers are sufficient.
Old July 1st, 2011, 03:15 PM   #337 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by apad3 View Post

also check out Newsupplier.com they also sell the flytrouch 3
Old July 3rd, 2011, 03:03 PM   #338 (permalink)

Device(s):

I went ahead and ordered the 32gb iBex Flytouch3!

32gb iBex FlyTouch 3 Apad - GPS SuperPad II - Android 2.2 Tablet PC - Original FT3

I contacted ************ and it looks like there may be a speaker upgrade available in the near future.

Also, confirmed that the model number is Disco10 (picture only has disco), it was an original iBex Flytouch3, battery was 8000mah, and screen resolution is 1080x600 (will work with Tim's hybrid rom).

I am stoked. Hopefully, the free shipping will be fast.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 09:32 PM   #339 (permalink)

Device(s): SP II 2.1 'deb' (x two), SP II / FT III 2.2 'disco', HTC G2 Hero 2.1, HTC Desire S 2.3.3

Quote:
I went ahead and ordered the 32gb iBex Flytouch3!
and screen resolution is 1080x600 (will work with Tim's hybrid rom).
Hi,

Is that a typo or are they fitting new, wider, screens?
Old July 5th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #340 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi.
Just got mine today.
Only ordered 29-6-2011 from Hongkong.
Really pleased so far.
I have a ? though.
I am a PC and Laptop man but wanted to try the pad out. I want to be able to go online in the car so need to know what dongle modem I need to buy. My laptop o2 wont work on it. Any ideas anyone.

Dave
SNAP2
sponsored links
Old July 6th, 2011, 07:13 AM   #341 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap2 View Post
Hi.
Just got mine today.
Only ordered 29-6-2011 from Hongkong.
Really pleased so far.
I have a ? though.
I am a PC and Laptop man but wanted to try the pad out. I want to be able to go online in the car so need to know what dongle modem I need to buy. My laptop o2 wont work on it. Any ideas anyone.

Dave
SNAP2
Hi Dave,

The Huwaei 1750 / 1550 is the 3g Dongle of choice. You may have problems finding one though as the last time I checked all the Three starter packs had moved over to the ZTE MF112(?)

Quite a few on eBay though...

Some others are known to work but if you stray from the list you will almost certainly have a problem!
Last edited by tbod; July 6th, 2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old July 6th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #342 (permalink)

Device(s): SuperPad Flytouch 3 Android 2.2

hi i just bought the flytouch 3 android 2.2 and i need to root it. im trying to root it with the z4root but after 30sec it started rooting the device turns off. can anybody help me pls?????
Old July 6th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #343 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOROTECH View Post
hi i just bought the flytouch 3 android 2.2 and i need to root it. im trying to root it with the z4root but after 30sec it started rooting the device turns off. can anybody help me pls?????
Hi,

Before I go any further, can we identify which 'type' of tablet you have?

• What voltage is the charger? 5V or 9V?
  • How many TF [micro SD] slots does it have?
  • What is the Model number in Menu / Settings / About?

Depending on the type you have it might be better to upgrade to a custom [rooted] firmware straight away...
Last edited by tbod; July 6th, 2011 at 10:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tbod For This Useful Post:
GOROTECH (July 6th, 2011)
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #344 (permalink)

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbod View Post
Hi,

Before I go any further, can we identify which 'type' of tablet you have?

• What voltage is the charger? 5V or 9V?
  • How many TF [micro SD] slots does it have?
  • What is the Model number in Menu / Settings / About?
Depending on the type you have it might be better to upgrade to a custom [rooted] firmware straight away...

first of all thanks for the reply. I have the 5v charger and only one tf card slot.

Specifications:
SuperPad Flytouch 3

1) CPU :Infotm X220 1GHz
2) Android 2.2,Support Flash 10.1
3) 512MB RAM,4GB/8GB NAND
4) Built-in GPS

Old July 6th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #345 (permalink)

iv changed one of the speakers on my ft3 with a nokia n95 but it was all for nothing
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #346 (permalink)

Quote:
first of all thanks for the reply. I have the 5v charger and only one tf card slot.

Specifications:
SuperPad Flytouch 3

1) CPU :Infotm X220 1GHz
2) Android 2.2,Support Flash 10.1
3) 512MB RAM,4GB/8GB NAND
4) Built-in GPS

Hi,

Congratulations, it looks like you're one of the lucky ones.

If you check the Menu / Settings / About / Model number it should be disco or disco10. These models can be upgraded by one or more of the custom firmwares on this and other sites.

If getting 3G to work is your main priority I can recommend upgrading with s0I's firmware. It gives impeccable 3G support, an improved launcher, root access and other minor improvement.

Also available are the various versions produced by Tim. They are highly recommended by most who have tried them. All versions greater than 3 include s0I's 3G support plus extra features and additional bundled apps as standard.

The choice now is yours...
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #347 (permalink)

Last edited by tbod; July 6th, 2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Duplicate Posting Caused By 'Database Backup' Error - Deleted...
Old July 6th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #348 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi,

Congratulations, it looks like you're one of the lucky ones.

If you check the Menu / Settings / About / Model number it should be disco or disco10. These models can be upgraded by one or more of the custom firmwares on this and other sites.

If getting 3G to work is your main priority I can recommend upgrading with s0I's firmware. It gives impeccable 3G support, an improved launcher, root access and other minor improvement.

Also available are the various versions produced by Tim. They are highly recommended by most who have tried them. All versions greater than 3 include s0I's 3G support plus extra features and additional bundled apps as standard.

The choice now is yours...

Mine is a disco10. im still new to android and don't know nothing on rooting. but if you can tell me how to root or were i can find a tutorial ill be glad. 10x again
Old July 6th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #349 (permalink)

Quote:
Mine is a disco10. im still new to android and don't know nothing on rooting. but if you can tell me how to root or were i can find a tutorial ill be glad. 10x again
Hi,

If you're going to root your tablet the simplest way of doing it is by upgrading your firmware to one of the custom versions that are 'pre rooted'. I use s0I's but others swear by Tim's. Whichever way you go the process is extremely simple:

• Download the file (it is a zip containing two files)
  • Unzip the file in a convenient place [on your PC for example]
  • Copy the two files: firmware2 and firmware-discovery to the root directory of a VFAT formatted Micro SD Card
  • Pop the card in the slot on your tablet
  • Power on your tablet and wait for it to finish
  • Remove the card from the slot
  • Power on tablet to your shiny new, rooted, firmware

That's all there is to it, it's very painless and only takes a minute or two.

I am using s0I's firmware for its excellent 3G support and am very happy with it, Tim's firmware [versions above v3] include the same 3G support plus extra 'tweaks' and assorted additional apps. It appears there are a few niggles with Tim's newer versions [camera trouble, BBC iPlayer not working etc.] but Tim is back from his Hols and these issues are being worked on.

All you have to do now is decide what firmware to use and take the plunge!

However, if you really don't want to upgrade your firmware there is a helpful guide to rooting [not the Australian way] your tablet here.

Whatever you decide we are here if you need any more help...
Last edited by tbod; July 6th, 2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #350 (permalink)

Surprised

Quote:
Hi,

If you're going to root your tablet the simplest way of doing it is by upgrading your firmware to one of the custom versions that are 'pre rooted'. I use s0I's but others swear by Tim's. Whichever way you go the process is extremely simple:

That's all there is to it, it's very painless and only takes a minute or two.

I am using s0I's firmware for its excellent 3G support and am very happy with it, Tim's firmware [versions above v3] include the same 3G support plus extra 'tweaks' and assorted additional apps. It appears there are a few niggles with Tim's newer versions [camera trouble, BBC iPlayer not working etc.] but Tim is back from his Hols and these issues are being worked on.

All you have to do now is decide what firmware to use and take the plunge!

However, if you really don't want to upgrade your firmware there is a helpful guide to rooting [not the Australian way] your tablet here.

Whatever you decide we are here if you need any more help...

Ok thanks a lot. i thinck i will go for the s0I, but one thing i did not understand...

Copy the two files: firmware2 and firmware-discovery to the root directory of a VFAT formatted Micro SD Card

so i have to copy these 2 files iv extracted on the tf card just like that or i have to create a folder or somthing. wath is to the "root directory of a VFAT" ????????

and one more thing the z4 iv got insalled gives me only one option . "ROOT" just root no temporary or permanent. but i gusse i don't need this.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3