Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #401 (permalink)

Device(s): 2 x San Francisco 64GB (ZTE Blade), 1 x Galaxy Sii, 1 x Galaxy Tab 10, 1 x Galaxy Note,
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerhawk View Post
the problem in my device is when i install something OR uninstall something, when i restart my device all the things i installed are NOT THERE. and things i uninstalled are still there ready to work. its like my device was deep freezed! whenever i save things on it, after a restart, all the things i saved, installed, uninstalled and even my game stats are not save.. so i need to redo it again..

i already tried to factory reset it by pressing the power button plus menu button, but its just doing a recovery process, which still doesn't help. before i used those buttons to factory reset my device. now its not functioning.

another thing i did to try to fix it, i tried to upgrade its firmware to 20110712_Tim5a, but after a successful upgrade.. when i removed the microSD card and turn-on the device. holy F*ck my device is still back to its freaking state like NOTHING HAPPEN..

PLEASE HELP GUYS..
Your internal SD card is corrupt.

Advertisements
The Following User Says Thank You to lfc4ever For This Useful Post:
killerhawk (September 16th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old October 6th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #402 (permalink)

Device(s):

Okay, so my wife would like a tablet but I can't spend $500 on an Apple or Samsung so I was wondering if I could get a little feedback. How is the feel of the resistive screen as opposed to the capacative? Do you really have to push on the screen to get it to work? Does it have zoom on it? If so does it work like the iPad with two fingers? She really uses Facebook and I assume that can be installed on it? This is the one I am looking at hxxp://************.com/8gb-flytouch-iii-android-2-2-gps-apad---10-original-ibex-disco10-tablet-pc---8gb-ibex-ft3.aspx

*** I had to replace the http with hxxp***
Old October 6th, 2011, 02:35 AM   #403 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraudir View Post
Okay, so my wife would like a tablet but I can't spend $500 on an Apple or Samsung so I was wondering if I could get a little feedback. How is the feel of the resistive screen as opposed to the capacative? Do you really have to push on the screen to get it to work? Does it have zoom on it? If so does it work like the iPad with two fingers? She really uses Facebook and I assume that can be installed on it? This is the one I am looking at hxxp://************.com/8gb-flytouch-iii-android-2-2-gps-apad---10-original-ibex-disco10-tablet-pc---8gb-ibex-ft3.aspx

The answer you are seeking is subjective....one person will say the resistive screen is OK and the next will say it is cr*p. The facts are that it works, it is not as responsive as a capacitive screen, but it works without having to apply lots of pressure. It is, however single touch only, no two finger touching! There is no need for a two finger touch as the screen is large enough to display a full width web page so no zooming necessary.
Facebook will be ok but I assume you are aware that the audio level is very low on these tablets, you *will* need to use earbuds or phones if you want to be able to hear audio in all but the quietest environments.
If you buy the one you specify it should be a DISCO model (as per the title) so you will be able to update the firmware with any of the better third party offerings to improve the tablets functionality.
Old October 6th, 2011, 05:28 AM   #404 (permalink)

Device(s): 2 x San Francisco 64GB (ZTE Blade), 1 x Galaxy Sii, 1 x Galaxy Tab 10, 1 x Galaxy Note,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraudir View Post

Along with the answers above, as at today - that would still be my choice of tablet, I do like to tinker & custom & flash & learn though and do not mind spending time learning what it can do, be aware it does not do well straight "out of the box". Getting a good resistive stylus to work directly on the glass rather than your finger on a screen protector has been my preferred choice of input.

And CG do not have customer service at the top of their agenda, you will be largely ignored no matter how many emails you send them, you may get 1 reply with a tracking number sometime after it has been posted out. Largely, the tablet does arrive and in good nick and within a month though, so rest assured that eventually you will get your tablet, and sometimes, just sometimes, they do arrive not working and you have to pay for shipping it back and then wait all over to get a replacement, we are bargain basement shopping here don't forget.

If you are prepared to spend time & effort to get it to somewhere like decent with a custom rom installed (it is not hard to accomplish this) then you and your good lady will not be dissapointed, indeed it can be amazing value for the price, good luck
Old October 6th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #405 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thank you for all that info. I doubt she will go for using a stylus, she really likes using her finger to touch the screen. Is there anyway to zoom on that device at all? Would there be a button or an on screen button to press for zooming? I know it will display the page full size but what if there is a picture or something you want to zoom in on?
Old October 6th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #406 (permalink)

It will only zoom if the software supports it either directly on screen or indirectly via the menu or menu button on the side, and it is only single touch zoom, it is not the zoom of using finger & thumb to suggest a widening motion.

Remember - the screen is resistive, by definition it requires resistance to operate, she will have to get used to not swiping as in capacitive screen rather more to using pressure of tip of finger, best method seems to be tip of finger + finger nail motion (it's not hard - just takes time getting used to)

This is sounding worse than it really is, and it isn't meant to be, resistive & capacitive are similar but different, that's all.
Old October 7th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #407 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default flytouch 3,dosent save anything

hi, my pad deleteing everyting everytime i turned off.all apps pictures everyting.anyone knwos whats wrong whit it?
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #408 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiker35 View Post
hi, my pad deleteing everyting everytime i turned off.all apps pictures everyting.anyone knwos whats wrong whit it?
Indeed.

flytouch 3 apps disappear fater switching off
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #409 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiker35 View Post
[sigh] another poster that cant use search...

you probably have a corrupted internal tf card, and it is now read only....unfortunately no-one ever comes back and reports what they did to fix it.....

The collective advice so far is open the tablet, replace the internal tf card and re-flash the image.....assuming you know what image to flash....if not....ask the seller for a link to the image or send it back as faulty.
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #410 (permalink)
=Luceat Lux Vestra=

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab 7" 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 9,265 Times in 5,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart16 View Post
[sigh] another poster that cant use search.
Android Forums users don't have to use search because other members here are more than happy to help out whenever they can.

The search feature here is encouraged for finding device forums, app forums, etc so that their query can land in the best place for help with their issues. It is not necessarily used to search out those issues themselves: that's what helpful members are for, as I mentioned.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frisco For This Useful Post:
JamesDroid (November 10th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old October 8th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #411 (permalink)

Device(s):

Does anyone know if the Flytouch3 can be used with with pop3/smtp email systems?
Last edited by Xoxcatpl; October 8th, 2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old October 9th, 2011, 06:14 AM   #412 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoxcatpl View Post
Does anyone know if the Flytouch3 can be used with with pop3/smtp email systems?
I do not know of any android device that does not work with something like Enhanced Email client, a pop 3 email client.

So yes, it works, but you will need wifi access points to collect & deliver emails.
Old October 9th, 2011, 08:19 AM   #413 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
Android Forums users don't have to use search because other members here are more than happy to help out whenever they can.
And when the 'other members' get heartily sick of answering the same questions over and over again just because lazy posters prefer instant gratification and can't be bothered to read a few threads to find the answers to their questions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
The search feature here is encouraged for finding device forums, app forums, etc so that their query can land in the best place for help with their issues. It is not necessarily used to search out those issues themselves: that's what helpful members are for, as I mentioned.
Well I wont answer them anymore....
Old October 11th, 2011, 06:17 AM   #414 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default roms for clones

hi i am all new to this and cant seem to find roms that will work with my model of fly touch pls help this is the info from my settings
2011-10-11_00-40-04_486.jpg
Old October 11th, 2011, 07:45 AM   #415 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmyst05 View Post
hi i am all new to this and cant seem to find roms that will work with my model of fly touch pls help this is the info from my settings
Attachment 22818
After standing upside down and reflecting in a mirror, I see that you have a wwe10 android 2,2 tablet.

Personally, I have never heard of that one, could be a clone of the sawee10 perhaps? Which I know are not compatible with the current custom roms out there, sorry to be the bearer of that bad news.

So - how old is it - where did you purchase it from?

Just posting this reply to show you haven't been ignored and that others may now reply with something more positive.

As I have posted many times along with others, it's all about checking & double checking what it is on offer before you purchase, ie do the homework first.

GL though
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:05 AM   #416 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Flytouch 3 won't connect to ethernet...Help

I have the Ibex Flytouch 3 Superpad 2 Disco10 model and can't get it to connect to ethernet. It connects wifi. I tried checking ethernet and uncheck wifi but doesn't help. Do routers need to be configured in a specific way to allow ethernet on this? Anyone experience this and is there a fix? Thanks.
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #417 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by godan View Post
I have the Ibex Flytouch 3 Superpad 2 Disco10 model and can't get it to connect to ethernet. It connects wifi. I tried checking ethernet and uncheck wifi but doesn't help. Do routers need to be configured in a specific way to allow ethernet on this? Anyone experience this and is there a fix? Thanks.

Did you enable the Ethernet in the settings?
Old October 19th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #418 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
Did you enable the Ethernet in the settings?
Yes I enabled ethernet...Also, made sure wifi was turned off and as stated this didn't help.
Old October 19th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #419 (permalink)

Device(s):

So long as the Ethernet is enabled and dhcp is turned on there should be no special settings needed on the router by default. Did you setup the router yourself and if you did did you enable any custom security or settings?

Does the port light up on the router when the pad is connected to Ethernet?
Old October 20th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #420 (permalink)

Device(s):

Yes I set up the router...No special or custom settings. The router is an all in one at&t uverse receiver which does tv,phone,and internet there are no individual router lights. Thanks for your thoughts.
sponsored links
Old October 21st, 2011, 11:26 AM   #421 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by godan View Post
Yes I set up the router...No special or custom settings. The router is an all in one at&t uverse receiver which does tv,phone,and internet there are no individual router lights. Thanks for your thoughts.

can you link to the model number, that could help. Also how many RJ45 ports does it have?
Old October 21st, 2011, 04:57 PM   #422 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
can you link to the model number, that could help. Also how many RJ45 ports does it have?
Rabid1-Thanks for your suggestions..Don't know what I did but it is now working great.
Old November 10th, 2011, 03:50 AM   #423 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Question:

I am in the proces of buying one (bought it, did research, contacted them,a nd found out something). The seller says it is a 9V and not a 5V. He said the model number is : 'Android Tab 10' .

This is the link:

Wholesale FlyTouch3 AnDroid 2.2 Flash 10.1 GPS WIFI X220 Super Pad HD 10.2" Tablet

I know it says disco10 in the screenshot, but he said that the disco is old and this is the newer version...

Do you think it has a chance of Tim's custom ROM? Is the stock ROM really that bad? I mean we can always optimise it with task killers and memory boosters and replacing apk files right?
Old November 15th, 2011, 01:40 PM   #424 (permalink)

Device(s):

Someone should please help me. My Flytouch 3 charger got burnt, I couldn't get a replacement so I later got one that charges it but not up to its rating. After booting it up, I loaded flanfingers honey comb Rom beta 5. After flashing, I put on My tablet but it didn't boot up, but the screen just turned white. I put it off and on back trying to load tim 6a Rom but it didn't flash and it only shows the white screen. Now whenever i put it on, the green led just turns red and the device just keep on vibrating, after that, the led changes back to green and I'm not sure if the device is still charging. Please I need help urgently.
Old November 16th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #425 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanks mate. I plugged the device for some time before going to bed. I switched it off and put it on later this morning and it worked. The funny comb loaded well but the device didn't work for long before going off. Guess it was because I'm using a charger with low rating
Old November 20th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #426 (permalink)

Device(s): Flytouch

Default Flytouch 3 probblrms

Hi,
I am new to this and got a flytouch 3 for my birthday,
i am a bit concerned because every time i restart the device it seems to lose all the data put on : apps, music, vids........
and all the settings to. its like i switched it on for the first time...
and it has some folders in the " my pad " icon of pictures and stuff which when ever i delete the pop back after the restart :s
it doesnt seem to work as expected,
please help
thanks
Old November 20th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #427 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertykz View Post
Hi,
I am new to this and got a flytouch 3 for my birthday,
i am a bit concerned because every time i restart the device it seems to lose all the data put on : apps, music, vids........
and all the settings to. its like i switched it on for the first time...
and it has some folders in the " my pad " icon of pictures and stuff which when ever i delete the pop back after the restart :s
it doesnt seem to work as expected,
please help
thanks
This problem is quite common. Your internal tf card has gone read only. It is believed to be a corrupt internal tf card. you can try a re-flash, but in all likelyhood, it will just revert to as it is now after the re-flash. If that is the case you can either return the tablet for exchange or open it up and try a better quality internal tf card & a re-flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to dart16 For This Useful Post:
qwertykz (November 26th, 2011)
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #428 (permalink)

Quote:
This problem is quite common. Your internal tf card has gone read only. It is believed to be a corrupt internal tf card. you can try a re-flash, but in all likelyhood, it will just revert to as it is now after the re-flash. If that is the case you can either return the tablet for exchange or open it up and try a better quality internal tf card & a re-flash.
So by trying to re install the software wont do any difference ?
if i open the device does in include any complicated work ?
thanks for the reply
Old November 21st, 2011, 10:36 AM   #429 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
So by trying to re install the software wont do any difference ?
if i open the device does in include any complicated work ?
thanks for the reply

Guide is here Superpad 2 Flytouch 3 firmware update-Official Releases

Not too difficult but you will invalidate any warranty by opening it up and you must be careful not to damage the two ribbon cables that connect the screen to the PCB.
you will need a copy of your firmware to reload after changing the tf card. If your tablet is a DISCO or DISCO10 model you can install one of Tims or Flanflingers firmwares. Best place to get a copy of your original firmware is your tablet supplier...
qwertykz (November 25th, 2011)
Old November 25th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #430 (permalink)

what about the wifi range ? it seems to be a bit low :/
a friend told me that an internal antenna could be hooked up ?
and the LED when charging stays green.. is it normal ?
Thanks for all the replies )
sponsored links
Old November 26th, 2011, 04:32 AM   #431 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
what about the wifi range ? it seems to be a bit low :/
a friend told me that an internal antenna could be hooked up ?
and the LED when charging stays green.. is it normal ?
Thanks for all the replies )
different people have different experiences with Wi-Fi range, mine is actually quite reasonable. Some have said that their internal wifi dongles (they look like the normal wifi usb dongle, just hard wired inside the tablet) have no antenna connected but I would point out that the antenna is actually etched on the wifi dongle pcb. If you want a better range you can buy an external usb wifi dongle. The problem is that the FT3 now has one of 3 possible internal wifi dongles fitted and I don't know which one yours has! (each one uses a different driver). Mine has a RT3070 based internal dongle and the driver is in the /etc/wireless/rt2870sta folder (the 3070 and the 2870 are more or less identical), obviously, if you have a different folder then you have a different chipset in your wifi dongle & you can buy a corresponding external dongle. I bought a Edimax EW-7711UAN adapter, to try it, it has a +3dB antenna and uses the RT3070 chip, to use it you just switch off the internal wifi adapter at the physical switch on top of the FT3 and re-boot, if you buy an adapter with a different chipset than your internal dongle you will have to run one of the gscripts in Tims firmware, and then the other gscript until it works (the scripts loads a different wifi driver) once it works it will work OK without having to run the scripts again.(but if you DO run one of the scripts your internal dongle will no longer work!) Other people have played around with patch antennas (from games consoles) on the internal dongle with mixed results. you can also play with the parameters in the config file for the internal dongle, again..people report mixed results.

Leave the charger connected long enough with the tablet switched off and the charging LED usually goes out. Again, some people have said it never goes out and I guess it will have a lot to do with the charging algorithms and the quality of the battery.....Charge it overnight, switched off and it will be as charged as it is going to get!
Last edited by dart16; November 26th, 2011 at 04:44 AM.
qwertykz (December 21st, 2011)
Old November 29th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #432 (permalink)

Hey guyss CC:
Fist of all thankyou alot for all those that helped me its all better now
just 2 last questions :33
will i be able to reuse the corruped card cause its a waste having a non usable 16gb card xD
and can i just fit a 32 gb card in the tablet ?
THANKS AGAIN )
Old November 30th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #433 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Hey guyss CC:
Fist of all thankyou alot for all those that helped me its all better now
just 2 last questions :33
will i be able to reuse the corruped card cause its a waste having a non usable 16gb card xD
and can i just fit a 32 gb card in the tablet ?
THANKS AGAIN )
Try formatting it with SDFormatter.exe and try it in the external slot......

32GB is supported...but gawd-knows what you would fill it with!!
qwertykz (December 21st, 2011)
Old November 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #434 (permalink)

Quote:
Try formatting it with SDFormatter.exe and try it in the external slot......

32GB is supported...but gawd-knows what you would fill it with!!
yeah already tried to formatting part but its no use :/
im guessin the trash will take good care of the card

Thanks
Old December 21st, 2011, 02:15 AM   #435 (permalink)

my tablet seems to be running a bit slow with tims 6A ...
apps and games are a bit laggy etc.
any help please ? C:
Old December 22nd, 2011, 03:24 AM   #436 (permalink)

Default Running a bit slow

my tablet seems to be running a bit slow with tims 6A ...
apps and games are a bit laggy etc.
any help please ? C:
Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:32 PM   #437 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi all,

Im having trouble with my speakers on my flytouch 3, only one side is working and when i put headphones in only one side works again.

Also i cant seem to get the microphone to work at all....cant even find the settings for it??? plz someone help me as it is a xmas prezzie for my mum and i want it in all working order and set up for her to enjoy.
Old December 24th, 2011, 07:33 AM   #438 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie53 View Post
Hi all,

Im having trouble with my speakers on my flytouch 3, only one side is working and when i put headphones in only one side works again.

Also i cant seem to get the microphone to work at all....cant even find the settings for it??? plz someone help me as it is a xmas prezzie for my mum and i want it in all working order and set up for her to enjoy.
I'm afraid it sounds like you have lost one channel of the audio. It is possibly a wiring fault but I think it likely to be a faulty audio chip, especially as the microphone has issues too. The only way to check is to open the FT up, which will invalidate any warranty so if it is new I fear you will have to return it as faulty.
There are no controls for the microphone, however you can see if it is working by installing z-devicetest www.z-devicetest.zausan.com
Old December 25th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #439 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default help please...=(

i just got my fly-touch super-pad 3 and i cant download all the apps that i want that are for android its telling me that my tablet is not compatible ....how do i fix that????
Old December 26th, 2011, 07:08 AM   #440 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arma123 View Post
i just got my fly-touch super-pad 3 and i cant download all the apps that i want that are for android its telling me that my tablet is not compatible ....how do i fix that????
The Flytouch series of tablets is not approved (read licensed!) by Google and so will have less than a perfect experience with Market. You should be able to find most apps through other .apk repositories or through file sharing sites.

You must also bear in mind that there is no sim card inside the flytouch so many phone based apps will not work anyway.

Not all Android based devices have the same hardware so some apps will also not work because of a hardware deficiency....
sponsored links
Old January 12th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #441 (permalink)

Device(s):

Received 2 x flytouch 3 in the post this morning and all are running 2.3 as shipped, I ma pleasantly suprised!
Old February 6th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #442 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi all...I've just bought off of Amazon :

10.2" GOOGLE ANDROID 2.2 TABLET PC FLYTOUCH 3 X220 WIFI HDMI 1080P GPS CAMERA 16GB

Looks nice,not too heavy, have had a small play as I've yet to charge the battery fully. When I've been using it for a while I shall post a review and pics. One thing I can say is that you get a GPS antenna with it, it's not built in.

I do have one NOOB question though. Even though it is 16GB I bought a 32 GB SanDisk MicroSD card (also known as a TF card? I'm UK so it may well be known by a different tag). I go to put it into the TF slot but it gets so far,then angles and looks like it is in danger of disappearing inside it. I guess I can hobble along on 16GB at moment ( ;D ) but want to increase it to 32GB as I'm a Photographer and want to use it mainly for Portfolio reviewing and as a better way to store my pics rather than an External HD. (I may be needing one of them too soon!!)

Any help or input would be muchly appreciated re:mem card slot insertion.......thanks all Droiders!
Old February 21st, 2012, 04:23 AM   #443 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger View Post
Mine arrived yesterday and it has two TF slots not one. Runs good and I'm gonna play around with it doing some tweaks from suggestions. 281 on quadrant.
Hi,

The price listed on the Flytouch4.com website for Flytouch 5 is 179.99 USD. Does that include delivery charge as well as they have mentioned that All products are delivered worldwide for free of charge!

Since you have bought one I thought you will be in a better position to tell me.

Thanks
Manoj
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #444 (permalink)

Device(s):

Blush Flytouch 3 saving

I have exactly the same problem. I don't know what to do either. This is the reason we can't root the wretched thing because the new firmware shuts itself down and the tablet is then back to factory settings. I see you have been advised that the SD card is corrupt, but I would have thought that the firmware would go to the tablet's memory and not the SD card. You can ask the exerts, but they want loads of dosh for their replies, and it still might not work. Keep trying and hoping an answer will come up.
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #445 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyanne View Post
I have exactly the same problem. I don't know what to do either. This is the reason we can't root the wretched thing because the new firmware shuts itself down and the tablet is then back to factory settings. I see you have been advised that the SD card is corrupt, but I would have thought that the firmware would go to the tablet's memory and not the SD card. You can ask the exerts, but they want loads of dosh for their replies, and it still might not work. Keep trying and hoping an answer will come up.

The flytouch has RAM and (incorrectly named) ROM fitted. The ROM is actually a TF card that is fitted internally into a slot on the system board. The entire operating system and its' recovery image is written to that tf card. The RAM is used by the tablet to execute the routines and programs held on the tf card. The fault where the tablet 'forgets all changes you make to the system when it re-boots appears to be down to poor quality tf cards that get corrupted and do not write changes properly.

The bootloader is written to (correctly named) ROM and it is this that executes the update process when it finds the correctly named files on the external tf card, but it is only the bootloader held there... not the system files.

AFAIK there has not been a single instance of failure to fix the forgetting changes problem when the internal card is replaced with a better quality card. Of course....you need to have the new firmware ready to install before swapping the card out.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3