Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Flytouch 3 - Android 2.2

Hello , I was about to buy a Flytouch 2 10" tablet on ebay, that's until I came across some news about the Flytouch 3, which sounds even better. I looked on Ebay, but it obviously isn't available yet. Does anyone know when this might be available to buy in the UK? and if so how much approximately will it cost?

Thanks

Flytouch 3 Pimp Slaps Zenithink 2 ZT-180 2 w/ Android 2.2, GPS
Flytouch3 improves on success of the Flytouch2 by adding Android 2.2 (Froyo), larger 6400mah battery for 6 hours usage, better screen resolution, and will support Flash 10.1 in a month or so. What are the people at Zenithink 2 ZT-180 II going to do?

Flytouch 3 Pimp Slaps Zenithink 2 ZT-180 2 w/ Android 2.2, GPS

Advertisements
The Following User Says Thank You to chockimon For This Useful Post:
Woodyandroid (February 6th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old February 6th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Flytouch 3 (Superpad 2) is already available to buy. It was on sale last week for $220 U.S. but has since gone up in price about 10 dollars.

Flytouch 3 - 10" Flytouch 2 Android 2.2 Epad Apad Tablet - Superpad2
The Following User Says Thank You to holywar For This Useful Post:
chockimon (February 8th, 2011)
Old February 8th, 2011, 07:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Thanks for the info, but I decided to pay a bit more and go with the Advent Vega.
Old February 8th, 2011, 07:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by holywar View Post
Flytouch 3 (Superpad 2) is already available to buy. It was on sale last week for $220 U.S. but has since gone up in price about 10 dollars.

Flytouch 3 - 10" Flytouch 2 Android 2.2 Epad Apad Tablet - Superpad2
Anyone see a review on this?
Old February 9th, 2011, 01:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

i think this is also essentially the flytouch 3... what do you guys think? i might buy it later tonight... it has 7 day return policy if i dont like.

Zenithink.us - Zenithink ZT-180 Android Tablets Shipped from USA

Edit: Btw, can i root this? flash ROMs? whats my limitations?
Old February 10th, 2011, 03:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

no, the flytouch3 has built-in gps and appears to be a lot less than the zenithink2. Also, the battery appears to be larger (6400mah).

From my understanding The flytouch3 is the same as the Superpad2 though.

Anyone found a review for the Flytouch 3?
Old February 10th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

I haven't seen much but the specs on the Flytouch 3 (Superpad 2). From my understanding though, the GPS is still not built in. It boasts what seems to be a better battery and matches the Zenithink RAM and Flash specs. You still get the 2 usb and 2 micro SD slots which is a plus.

Can find any really good updated pics either. Wondering if the bump for the ethernet cable is still there.

Waiting for a decent review, written or via youtube.
Old February 12th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAir View Post
I haven't seen much but the specs on the Flytouch 3 (Superpad 2). From my understanding though, the GPS is still not built in. It boasts what seems to be a better battery and matches the Zenithink RAM and Flash specs. You still get the 2 usb and 2 micro SD slots which is a plus.

Can find any really good updated pics either. Wondering if the bump for the ethernet cable is still there.

Waiting for a decent review, written or via youtube.
I am pretty sure it is built-in GPS, and the external antenna is for better gps precision.

I went ahead and bought the Flytouch3 w/ express shipping. Am waiting for China Grabber to send me my tracking number though. Hopefully, I will be one of the first to get tab so I can do the first review.
Old February 12th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusnext View Post
I am pretty sure it is built-in GPS, and the external antenna is for better gps precision.

I went ahead and bought the Flytouch3 w/ express shipping. Am waiting for China Grabber to send me my tracking number though. Hopefully, I will be one of the first to get tab so I can do the first review.
cool , let me know how long it took for you to get it, and also if it is able to play flash videos
Old February 15th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectpaki View Post
cool , let me know how long it took for you to get it, and also if it is able to play flash videos
It has a youtube video player built in. I asked ************ and they said they said flash not supported.
sponsored links
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

I ordered one on ebay from California. I'm in N.J. It is being shipped from Hong Kong. I've seen them on ************.com for $230 U.S. I hope to have mine this week. Chinese New Year has things backed up a bit.
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s):

Still waiting for my Flytouch 3 to arrive. I can't seem to find any reference to headphone inputs.
Old February 21st, 2011, 02:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutari View Post
Still waiting for my Flytouch 3 to arrive. I can't seem to find any reference to headphone inputs.
3.5mm....
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:45 AM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusnext View Post
3.5mm....
Thanks
Old February 21st, 2011, 07:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s):

My Flytouch 3 watch:

(Your item left HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG on February 19, 2011).

Others who have the unit reported some problems in the Flytouch 3 Superpad 2. Thankfully I've also found solutions to those problems.
I hope i get one without problems.
Old February 21st, 2011, 02:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

Device(s): Flytouch 3

Send a message via AIM to wholcomb0001 Send a message via Skype™ to wholcomb0001 wholcomb0001

I recieved my Flytouch 3 a few days ago, it seems that the only upgrade from the flytouch 2 is android 2.2. It does have a headphone jack, but not the upgraded ram and internal 4 gb flash. How do I even know if it is android 2.2?
Old February 21st, 2011, 02:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wholcomb0001 Send a message via Skype™ to wholcomb0001 wholcomb0001

Quote:
My Flytouch 3 watch:

(Your item left HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG on February 19, 2011).

Others who have the unit reported some problems in the Flytouch 3 Superpad 2. Thankfully I've also found solutions to those problems.
I hope i get one without problems.
What problems are you talking about?
Old February 21st, 2011, 07:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholcomb0001 View Post
I recieved my Flytouch 3 a few days ago, it seems that the only upgrade from the flytouch 2 is android 2.2. It does have a headphone jack, but not the upgraded ram and internal 4 gb flash. How do I even know if it is android 2.2?
I would think that it's not a true Superpad 2 Flytouch 3 without the things you mentioned.
Where did you purchase yours from?
Mine is coming from ************/Pricedinchina.
Old February 21st, 2011, 07:41 PM   #19 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
What problems are you talking about?
The battery charger seemed to be the most problematic and a few people had to replace the battery itself.
(Here's a alternative replacement for the battery charger found at RadioShack .)

Enercell 9VDC - 1500 mA
Adapter "I"

Be sure to get the correct polarity on the adapter (Important).
I won't know what the correct polarity on the adapter will be until i receive my flytouch 3.

Battery charger not charging: When the tablet is switched off, it will not charge. It must be running on to be charging. Also, doesn't update the battery status while in standby. Bring it out of standby and it looks like the battery is charging fast until the widget catches up to the actual charge... i.e. %2 increase every 5 seconds or so.

Battery life not long: Install a apps killer, Turn off WiFi.

There are more but i want to be sure I'm referring to Superpad 2 Mytouch 3. I have to go back and check my sources.
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Device(s): Gome FlyTouch Samsung Galaxy S

Quote:
The battery charger seemed to be the most problematic and a few people had to replace the battery itself.
(Here's a alternative replacement for the battery charger found at RadioShack .)

Enercell 9VDC - 1500 mA
Adapter "I"

I won't know what the correct polarity on the adapter will be until i receive my flytouch 3.

Battery charger not charging: When the tablet is switched off, it will not charge. It must be running on to be charging. Also, doesn't update the battery status while in standby. Bring it out of standby and it looks like the battery is charging fast until the widget catches up to the actual charge... i.e. %2 increase every 5 seconds or so.

There are more but i want to be sure I'm referring to Superpad 2 Mytouch 3. I have to go back and check my sources.
Seems like identical behavior for my 2 FT2s. I already posted about this issue where the battery is actually charged but the measuring circuit seems to be F**Ked up.
If you live the charger connect for too long (after the LED goes out), this phenomena will happen. It seems like the tablet needs to be ON for the battery monitoring circuit to work. Otherwise, it just either pretends nothing has happened/charged or worst still decides the battery is flat & refuses to power on!

I solved the power on failure by the following method:
1. Unplug the charger.
2. Plug it back in. LED should lights up.
3. Wait a couple of minutes.
4. Turn on tablet.

Anyway, I will not be getting the FT3. No flash 10.1 is a deal breaker for me...
sponsored links
Old February 22nd, 2011, 01:22 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:

Enercell 9VDC - 1500 mA
Adapter "I"

I recieved my superpad 2 early last week after waiting on ************ to get back from celebrating the chinese new year. I almost wish i had gone with the flytouch 2/superpad just for the reason that the roms have been improved and make the tablet actually operable. I have made this mistake before by purchasing the blackberry storm when it first came out as bb's first touchscreen device. Just as the storm, the touchscreen is slowwwwwww, and cannot keep up with the operations. The main reason i got this tablet was for the upgraded ram and not having to reboot every other 30 mins or having to run bare minimum just so i can somewhat operate one program. Because of how new the tablet is, there is no word on which roms work on the superpad 2. I dont want to brick the thing by trying either.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 01:28 AM   #22 (permalink)

Also, Z4root will not work because of a non debugged usb setting that keeps on trying to get me to activate in the settings page that does not exhist.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:24 AM   #23 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Flytouch 3 Superpad 2

Quote:
I recieved my superpad 2 early last week after waiting on ************ to get back from celebrating the chinese new year. I almost wish i had gone with the flytouch 2/superpad just for the reason that the roms have been improved and make the tablet actually operable. I have made this mistake before by purchasing the blackberry storm when it first came out as bb's first touchscreen device. Just as the storm, the touchscreen is slowwwwwww, and cannot keep up with the operations. The main reason i got this tablet was for the upgraded ram and not having to reboot every other 30 mins or having to run bare minimum just so i can somewhat operate one program. Because of how new the tablet is, there is no word on which roms work on the superpad 2. I dont want to brick the thing by trying either.
Are your only complaints is about upgrading the rom and slow screen?
Are you satisfied with the unit?
Could you list the Pro's and Cons of your Flytouch 3 superpad 2?

I saw a rom android 3 (honeycomb) upgrade for the flytouch 3.
when i get some time i'll double check.
Last edited by mutari; February 22nd, 2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 11:57 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Are your only complaints is about upgrading the rom and slow screen?
Are you satisfied with the unit?
Could you list the Pro's and Cons of your Flytouch 3 superpad 2?

I saw a rom android 3 (honeycomb) upgrade for the flytouch 3.
when i get some time i'll double check.

Slow screen, weak microphone, weak speakers, and it is hard to find apps that are compatible because of froyo being a generic os. On skype you cannot have video calls using built in cam. I havent tested the gps yet. *CORRECTION* There is more ram added, im not sure why the settings only totaled 256, which i dwnld a memory app that had actual bytes of ram being used and available that totaled twice of 256. What are the other forums you are reading about the flytouch3? I def would be interested in the android 3 rom, which i am getting a usb to usb today to do a manual root. I am finished dealing with this phone and tab os.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 06:45 PM   #25 (permalink)

Default Screenshots of Flytouch 3 running android 2.2

Here are a few screenshots I have compiled the past few days messing with my flytouch 3:

This is the application page of my flytouch 3, using the Infotm Home launcher that came with it (I am now using zeam home app)

Android Market

Android 2.2

Memory Booster

Old February 24th, 2011, 03:56 AM   #26 (permalink)

Device(s):

wholcomb0001

Your screen shots are hot. Thanks i feel more confident about ordering the ************ Flytouch3.

Would like to see a video though.. Anyone have an unboxing vid?

Also, is this the same as the Superpad-2?
Old February 24th, 2011, 07:42 AM   #27 (permalink)

Device(s):

Just ordered the device from here: Flytouch 3 Android Tablet with Android 2.2 OS, Built In GPS, 10 Inch Touch Screen, Superpad - US$215.87 : Euogo.com

Read another forum of a guy who also had one from the same site.

First time that I order something factory direct / wholesale from china... won't be surprised if I am ripped off.

Will update when it arrives. Currently the euogo site says that it is "processing".
Old February 24th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckbeetle View Post
wholcomb0001

Your screen shots are hot. Thanks i feel more confident about ordering the ************ Flytouch3.

Would like to see a video though.. Anyone have an unboxing vid?

Also, is this the same as the Superpad-2?
Flytouch 3=Superpad 2.
Old February 25th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #29 (permalink)

Device(s):

@wholcomb0001
Have you achieve to root your FT3?
If so, please explain me how to do it.
Thank you
Old February 25th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #30 (permalink)

Device(s):

for those who bought from ************ could you tell us how long it took for you to get the tablet. i've been getting the same message since well sunday here is what i have so far below so please can you give me an idea on how long it will take till i actually get the thing

Detailed Results:

Foreign International Dispatch, February 21, 2011, 7:31 am, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign Acceptance, February 17, 2011, 10:50 am, HONG KONG
sponsored links
Old February 25th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtytuga View Post
@wholcomb0001
Have you achieve to root your FT3?
If so, please explain me how to do it.
Thank you
Here is where I currently am with rooting the flytouch 3.

The Programs I try to use say that usb debugging must be enabled. The program then takes me to Settings/Applications. At this point, there should be a Developers tab, which there is not. I have installed developers tools, but I cant seem to find a option for usb debugging. You can add a debugging app, which I set the rooting program as in dev tools, but the programs still act as the option needs to be enabled.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Development.apk (128.3 KB, 53 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to wholcomb0001 For This Useful Post:
1274orlando (September 15th, 2012)
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:43 PM   #32 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have my Flytouch 3 and i must say that it's very good for the price.
The Ac adapter works, also the internet, movies, music, camera, Everything.
I just ordered a screen protector and case with keyboard for it.
The manual say "for the MID". The box says A-pad on the sticker. inside was the A-pad, manual, earbuds and ac charger.
Old February 28th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #33 (permalink)

Device(s):

PLEASE! I am in desperate need of help, so I can know whether to reverse my order or not. Are these two devices the same?

Flytouch 3 Android Tablet with Android 2.2 OS, Built In GPS, 10 Inch Touch Screen, Superpad - US$215.87 : Euogo.com

and

10.2" Android 2.2 GPS WIFI WebCam 3G 512 RAM SuperPAD 2 on eBay.ca (item 270709345776 end time 27-Feb-11 21:29:11 EST)

?
Because If they're not, I bought the ebay one, and I wanted the one that the euogo videos were showing. (I only went with Ebay for buyer protection) and I didn't see the cheaper ads. Was bought last sunday. (20th)
Thanks.
Old February 28th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthedroid View Post
Cool, where did you get the case?Iforgot to get one.

Is this it? : FlyTouch2 SuperPad Keyboard Guard Leather Case - KC-648 ? Wholesale Electronics ? MonsterMarketplace.com But it says it is for Flytouch2
Sorry can't go to that site, my browsers says "This site has a poor reputation."
I got my case/keyboard from ************.com. (where i also bought the Flytouch 3 Superpad 2) If you look down near the bottom of that page, It gives some accessories compatible for it .
I got the screen protector from ebay.
3x LCD Screen Protector for 10.2'' Inch Tablet PC MID - eBay (item 390277504657 end time Mar-04-11 22:45:22 PST)

Neither item has arrived yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to mutari For This Useful Post:
camycam178 (February 28th, 2011)
Old February 28th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #35 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I have my Flytouch 3 and i must say that it's very good for the price.
The Ac adapter works, also the internet, movies, music, camera, Everything.
I just ordered a screen protector and case with keyboard for it.
The manual say "for the MID". The box says A-pad on the sticker. inside was the A-pad, manual, earbuds and ac charger.
I hope I actually get mine and it's the right one and it's in working condition and it's not loopy. >.< Lol I need this Tab!!!
Old March 1st, 2011, 04:05 PM   #36 (permalink)

Device(s):

Please help me with my question !
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:05 PM   #37 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
found flytouch 3 and case here as well: Cheap Electronics - Buy iPed By Orphan Electronics, Apad iRobot, iPad Cases - Search A few dollars cheaper than ************, oh well.

I went ahead and got the ************ keyboard case as they are the only ones that seem to have the real android 2.2 version (a lot of the ebay sellers are either selling refurbished or android 2.1 tablets.)
Same keyboard case. That site is also ************, I didn't see it when i was there.
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:07 PM   #38 (permalink)

Device(s):

The screen protector arrived but it only covers the screen, Not the bezel. At least they sent me 3 of them.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:24 AM   #39 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC DESIRE Z, HEROTAB MID816 ( 8" ANDROID 2.2 TABLET 1.2GHz CPU 512RAM ) + MANY MORE SMARTPHONES

Send a message via AIM to criminalogic Send a message via MSN to criminalogic Send a message via Yahoo to criminalogic Send a message via Skype™ to criminalogic criminalogic@gmail.com

Could some one comfirm if flash does in fact work?
And are there two sd slots or just one?
Thanks
Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:41 AM   #40 (permalink)

Device(s):

Buy MID PDA, android 2.1, tablet pc, M1002 with GPS and android 2.1 , wifi, 3G, G-sensor, tablet PC at **********.com Here`s agood deal too.
sponsored links
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:25 PM   #41 (permalink)

Device(s):

im literally about to purchase the Flytouch 3 but i am not sure if the F3 has 2 TF slots or not. can someone let me know ? i went on china grabber.com and the pics show just 1
Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:53 PM   #42 (permalink)

It has only one tf slot. The ft3 off of ************ cannot run flash either.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:26 AM   #43 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Tracking Package

Quote:

How long did it take for you to receive your Flytouch 3 after you received your tracking number?? I have checked online and can not find the tracking number that they have given me. I did get a note back from ChinaGabber today saying I would see it in a few days. Just curious??
Old March 3rd, 2011, 05:29 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
How long did it take for you to receive your Flytouch 3 after you received your tracking number?? I have checked online and can not find the tracking number that they have given me. I did get a note back from ChinaGabber today saying I would see it in a few days. Just curious??
7 days, 3 to get to customs, 3 in customs, then after it cleared customs, it arrived the next day. BUT, I spent the 25 dollars for express shipping.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 05:31 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Just got my ************ FT3 / Superpad-2 yesterday and am stocked. Still waiting on the keyboard case which is supposed to arrive early next week... anyone rooted this yet?
I have tried, but, you have to write code into the android manifest just to get the settings to come up to enable usb debugging.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 07:23 PM   #46 (permalink)

Device(s):

Olah Ya'll,

So of those of you that have already received your FT3, I have 3 questions.

First did any order through ************?

If so, did you feel comfortable with them as a company?

And for anyone who has one of these, does the Accelerometer cause Google Sky Map to work with it?

Google Sky Map isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but would be AWESOME on a 10" screen! A lot of the commentary here has me just about to order one, but this little bit of feed back might push me to actually click on the pay button and bide my time as it comes over on that "Slow Boat from..."

Thanks in advance.

Edit... Found from a forum on the FT2 that Sky Maps works with that, so I am assuming it does with this unit as we.... So tempting to just order it!
Last edited by QuietFire; March 3rd, 2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #47 (permalink)

Device(s):

Chances of the FT3 being upgraded to honeycomb?
Old March 4th, 2011, 08:10 AM   #48 (permalink)

Device(s):

Okay I ordered it. I noticed on androidtablets.net the moderator renamed every thread with "FlyTouch 3" to "FlyTouch 2 512 meg variant" as he found that Gome has not released an actual FT3.

My order from ************ lists the part # as "Flytouch2 Android 2.2 III." So perhaps this is just a FT2 with 2.2 more ram and memory. Anyone who have one of these yet notice if there are 2 SD slots?
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #49 (permalink)

Device(s): Motorola Photon 4G HTC EVO 4G

I'm thinking of getting a FlyTouch 3 from dhgate.com. It's listed for $222 with free shipping and the usb keyboard is included. Has anyone bought anything from these guys?

As for FT3, is it rootable?
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #50 (permalink)

Device(s):

I just picked mine up from the dreaded merimobiles for $209 with express shipping from DHL for $33. I've ordered from them before without issue but some people have had serious problems with them.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3