Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

View Poll Results: Do you own a SuperPad III?
Yes 194 63.82%
No 15 4.93%
I'm not sure, but it came in a SuperPad III box. 95 31.25%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 31st, 2011, 03:37 AM   #301 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I am newbi here too. Just bought a superpad III a few days ago, mainly to read ebooks and it does a great job for this. However I would like to use the intranet at work. Aparently it has Gingerbread on it, hence why I chose this model. The tablet picks up the work wifi fine BUT I cannot use the internet/intranet due to it having a proxy server. Gingerbread is supposed to have proxy setting, but this version does not. So I am unsure what version I really have??? If it really is gingerbread is there anyway I can upgrade it to 2.3.3 so I can connect to a proxy server?

Model Number : Android Tab10
Android Version: V2.3 2011-09-19 (001112)
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 root@jackie-desktop#79
Build number: FRF85B

I have tried downloading a proxy app (auto proxy) which looks like what I need, BUT when I try to run the auto proxy app it tells me that the ROOT privelage is not available, the proxy feature may not work.

sponsored links
Old October 31st, 2011, 05:08 AM   #302 (permalink)

Device(s):

Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher View Post
Iman62,
When you switch on the superpad 3 what if any messages do you get? You cannot connect the superpad 3 directly to a pc, you would have to use a usb flash drive(unless someone on the forum more knowledgible can correct this)
Martin
==============
Hi Martin:
Thanks For Information.
My Model Tablet IS : Sawee10
Old October 31st, 2011, 07:51 AM   #303 (permalink)

Device(s): 2 x San Francisco 64GB (ZTE Blade), 1 x Galaxy Sii, 1 x Galaxy Tab 10, 1 x Galaxy Note,

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher View Post
Hi,
Relatively new to the forum, and also to tablet pc`s. I have just bought a Superpad 3 from e-bay(DigitalEtimes) The details are as follows:Model noISCO10
Android Version:2.2-20110803
Kernel Version:2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #34
Build no:FRF85B

I have been looking through this topic, but being new to this tablet, I don`t really understand what is going on as yet. I have not come across any problems with the tablet as yet, wi-fi connects okay, browser and opening sites seems quite fast for this tablet, but I have gone right into it as yet, so I may learn from this forum.
Martin
Once you've learned to master what your tab can do - it could do even more once flashed with tim6a rom, but when you are ready to.

It may invalidate your warranty though - so always check with your supplier if flashing to tim6a does invalidate warranty and if that warranty is important to you, but imo you would get more out of it by doing so anyway.

GL
Old October 31st, 2011, 08:01 AM   #304 (permalink)

Device(s): 2 x San Francisco 64GB (ZTE Blade), 1 x Galaxy Sii, 1 x Galaxy Tab 10, 1 x Galaxy Note,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvicky View Post
Hi,

I am Vicky, From India, Presently working at an university at Saudi Arabia, I am a Apple certified MAC Technician., Just bought Super pad III., Would like to explore more on Android.. Have an i-Pad 2 also...

1. I would like to know whether I can re-install the Android OS on this device as I am not able to see the "Privacy" tab on system settings. Also I cannot change (Set) my region to Saudiarabia or India.

2. After configuring G Mail, Could not remove account as it is not allowing me to remove the account directly and command me to remove from "Privacy" through Settings which is not available.

3. Is there any possibility to increase the RAM??..Feeling slower response.

4. Is there any application for video chat?.. Skype Video is not working.

5. Which PDF reader is suggested?

Hope any one can help me on this. My device info as below.

Model : Disco10

Android Version : 2.2-20110803

Kernel version : 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver#34

Build Number : FRF85B
Some tabs only work with imei number & sim card use.

Yes, you can reinstall the OS, but as you have a Disco10, I would look into installing tim6a rom - you would get more out of it, but as I mention above - warranty issues are a concern for some, for others they would prefer a better functioning tab over some warranty for a cheap tab.

To remove google apps & accounts - go to settings, applications, manage applications, show all, choose the email or gmail app (or any that you wish to start over with), force stop, clear data and then rebooot, it should ask you to re input the data for any new email or new account that you wish to start over with.

RAM - no - you are stuck with what you have.

4 - no fully working reliable video chat either

5 - pdf - not my are of expertise but I do use Kindle Ebook Reader for all my books and it works for me
Old October 31st, 2011, 08:06 AM   #305 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleview80 View Post
I am newbi here too. Just bought a superpad III a few days ago, mainly to read ebooks and it does a great job for this. However I would like to use the intranet at work. Aparently it has Gingerbread on it, hence why I chose this model. The tablet picks up the work wifi fine BUT I cannot use the internet/intranet due to it having a proxy server. Gingerbread is supposed to have proxy setting, but this version does not. So I am unsure what version I really have??? If it really is gingerbread is there anyway I can upgrade it to 2.3.3 so I can connect to a proxy server?

I have tried downloading a proxy app (auto proxy) which looks like what I need, BUT when I try to run the auto proxy app it tells me that the ROOT privelage is not available, the proxy feature may not work.
Hmmmm, gingerbread on a FT3 tab? , Anyway as that is a really new tab round here, you may have to wait a long time for some feedback & user support for that model, it's the first I've ever heard of it, but others may have come across on their travels - but don't hold your breath

GL
The Following User Says Thank You to lfc4ever For This Useful Post:
saddleview80 (October 31st, 2011)
Old October 31st, 2011, 08:11 AM   #306 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iman62 View Post
==============
Hi Martin:
Thanks For Information.
My Model Tablet IS : Sawee10
Sawee10 - you are really going to have to work hard to fix that one.

Flytouch 3 (SAWEE10) update

Sawee10 is there a rom for this

Type sawee10 in the search box above and you will see there are many more who are unhappy with this model.

You may have to look at other forums to see if they have the answers you are seeking.
Old November 1st, 2011, 01:39 AM   #307 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfc4ever View Post
Sawee10 - you are really going to have to work hard to fix that one.

Flytouch 3 (SAWEE10) update

Sawee10 is there a rom for this

Type sawee10 in the search box above and you will see there are many more who are unhappy with this model.

You may have to look at other forums to see if they have the answers you are seeking.
==============
Hi:
Thanks.
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:46 PM   #308 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Hmmmm, gingerbread on a FT3 tab? , Anyway as that is a really new tab round here, you may have to wait a long time for some feedback & user support for that model, it's the first I've ever heard of it, but others may have come across on their travels - but don't hold your breath

GL

I think it is the same as the new Zenithink ZT280. ************ got beat to the Flytouch 5 name and released their version but it is just a Cortex A8, everything else is the same. There are now a crap/fake FT5 and two hardware upgrade version of an upgraded FT3 called a FT5. But the working dual core I saw came in a standard white box SP3 box. Another was the crapola, still just a standard FT3 setup, except they forgot to solder on the ethernet port. LOL
Old November 2nd, 2011, 06:35 AM   #309 (permalink)

And we wonder why people in the main say "don't buy tablets & phones from China", it's not as if the tablet makers actually care what is inside the product - more about what it is named and see how many of the general public can be duped into buying a nice looking box with a fancy name. As for customer support, sorry - they don't do customer support, it's not even on their radar.

It really is very, very important now that the buying public really do their homework before parting with the their hard earned money.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:27 AM   #310 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi Again:
My Tablet Is Up.graded.
but,My tablet is crashed.
In step of Booting.Tablet stop in "android" text and not boot.
System recovery not work and show "Zsys" error.
I need help for restore my OS.
sponsored links
Old November 15th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #311 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

I just received my Superpad III today and checked system information. I have the identical unit as yours except Jackie apparently was at desk #20 when prepping mine. Is the "Android Tab10" the latest? or just a name change?. I was also wondering should I root this tablet or leave it alone since it has the V2.3? and Is there a better ROM for this unit? Thanks for any light you can shed on this matter!
Old November 16th, 2011, 08:24 AM   #312 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk123 View Post
I just received my Superpad III today and checked system information. I have the identical unit as yours except Jackie apparently was at desk #20 when prepping mine. Is the "Android Tab10" the latest? or just a name change?. I was also wondering should I root this tablet or leave it alone since it has the V2.3? and Is there a better ROM for this unit? Thanks for any light you can shed on this matter!
Tab10 is one of the later builds, there seem to be quite a few of them now. AFAIK this one has little or no development being done on it and I don't believe there is any upgraded firmware available for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dart16 For This Useful Post:
Blackhawk123 (November 16th, 2011)
Old November 20th, 2011, 03:30 AM   #313 (permalink)

Device(s):

Can anyone out there please share their experience with the Tab10 model running android 2.3 ? Any, or should I say, how many problems ?

I think it is the one I have incomming, and I cannot wait to hear what other users have experienced.
Last edited by Jaev; November 20th, 2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old November 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM   #314 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

GL

Hi, I'have exactly the same : Android Tab10, Android 2.3....But the name for mine is Flytouch4... I've tried to root it with Z4Root...seems apparently rooted, but after verifying with Android System Info, not really rooted. i've tried by the Terminal Emulator...hum, not clear!...for your answer, proxy is Auto by default. The problem is IF you want NOT set it as Auto, you cannot find it excepted by the terminal emulator, as a normal Linux parameter..........By the way, the tab is fine, it works! inside the normal App. if you want a customRom, you will wait that others developpers found and work on it... Good Luck
Old November 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #315 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:

Hi, I'have exactly the same : Android Tab10, Android 2.3....But the name for mine is Flytouch4... I've tried to root it with Z4Root...seems apparently rooted, but after verifying with Android System Info, not really rooted. i've tried by the Terminal Emulator...hum, not clear!...for your answer, proxy is Auto by default. The problem is IF you want NOT set it as Auto, you cannot find it excepted by the terminal emulator, as a normal Linux parameter..........By the way, the tab is good, it works fine! inside the normal App. But high potential with the GPS chip. if you want a customRom, wait that others developpers found and work on it, must have more users to obtain more inquiries... for me it's not enought, tab is "too young" Good Luck
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:15 PM   #316 (permalink)

Device(s):

Did you get a response for your black screen? I found an easy alternative to getting your screen back to its display settings
Old November 21st, 2011, 03:20 PM   #317 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaev View Post
Can anyone out there please share their experience with the Tab10 model running android 2.3 ? Any, or should I say, how many problems ?

I think it is the one I have incomming, and I cannot wait to hear what other users have experienced.
I have the Tab10 running android 2.3 (for approx. a week now)... No problems to report actually pretty happy with the unit. I read plenty of posts regarding difficulty with the screen and how hard it was to use. I experienced none of that. My WIFI connection is great, works anywhere in my house no drops(I use the Verizon MIFI box), Battery life after full charge was around 5-6 hours of continued use. Some Cons: Kind of slow on the boot up, haven't been able to get the Android App Market to work ( I use Amazon instead ), I downloaded Dropbox App, the tablet reports it being there but I haven't been able to find it. Overall for a tablet under $150 I'm pretty happy with it (sofar)
Old November 22nd, 2011, 10:31 AM   #318 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk123 View Post
I have the Tab10 running android 2.3 (for approx. a week now)... No problems to report actually pretty happy with the unit. I read plenty of posts regarding difficulty with the screen and how hard it was to use. I experienced none of that. My WIFI connection is great, works anywhere in my house no drops(I use the Verizon MIFI box), Battery life after full charge was around 5-6 hours of continued use. Some Cons: Kind of slow on the boot up, haven't been able to get the Android App Market to work ( I use Amazon instead ), I downloaded Dropbox App, the tablet reports it being there but I haven't been able to find it. Overall for a tablet under $150 I'm pretty happy with it (sofar)
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. As long as the hardware is working I feel confident.

Thanks again.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 03:40 AM   #319 (permalink)

Device(s): No idea.

like some people here i bought a Tablet that came in a SuperPad III box, but i'm unsure of the model.. created a thread with details here: i think i have a Flytouch 2...

can anyone help?

thanks
Old November 23rd, 2011, 04:08 AM   #320 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugglesquop View Post
like some people here i bought a Tablet that came in a SuperPad III box, but i'm unsure of the model.. created a thread with details here: i think i have a Flytouch 2...

can anyone help?

thanks
Pay no attention to the box the tablet comes in, the manufacturers use whatever box they can obtain for the cheapest price.... if that means using a superpad1 box left over from years ago they will use it.

If it has one external tf slot it is a FT3
If it has two external tf slots it is a FT2
the only other interesting thing is it's model number.
mugglesquop (November 23rd, 2011)
sponsored links
Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:09 AM   #321 (permalink)

Device(s): No idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart16 View Post
Pay no attention to the box the tablet comes in, the manufacturers use whatever box they can obtain for the cheapest price.... if that means using a superpad1 box left over from years ago they will use it.

If it has one external tf slot it is a FT3
If it has two external tf slots it is a FT2
the only other interesting thing is it's model number.
yeh, i guessed the box meant nothing.

It has 2 external TF slots, but as you say, its not a Disco or other 'normal' model no.

I was under the impression that FT2 is 256mb RAM, where as i believe this one is 512mb? so the ROM would throttle the RAM back to 256mb if it was a FT2 ROM?

i think i'll give the ROM a go that i linked to in my other thread, as that sounds like it should work...

thanks
Old November 25th, 2011, 05:12 AM   #322 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugglesquop View Post
yeh, i guessed the box meant nothing.

It has 2 external TF slots, but as you say, its not a Disco or other 'normal' model no.

I was under the impression that FT2 is 256mb RAM, where as i believe this one is 512mb? so the ROM would throttle the RAM back to 256mb if it was a FT2 ROM?

i think i'll give the ROM a go that i linked to in my other thread, as that sounds like it should work...

thanks
For a short while there was a 512Mb version of the FT2 available. I think if it was me I would go check the FT2 forum first!!
Old November 29th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #323 (permalink)

Device(s):

I've bought one of these superpads (which the reseller claimed was a FT3) for my nephew. He was using it for a few months, but then started having problems so brought it back to me, and here I at these forums.

It doesn't have a user manual so I don't know what is supposed to happen, but when we slide the SLIDE TO UNLOCK thingy to the right nothing happens.

Only thing we can do is shut it down. So what are we supposed to do? The reseller said the user manual was onboard as a pdf, but we can't go beyond the SLIDE TO UNLOCK stage.

I tried flashing it with tim's 6a, but it still starts up, gets to the slide to unlock, we slide it to unlock, nothing happens

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.
Old November 30th, 2011, 05:22 AM   #324 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyr View Post
I've bought one of these superpads (which the reseller claimed was a FT3) for my nephew. He was using it for a few months, but then started having problems so brought it back to me, and here I at these forums.

It doesn't have a user manual so I don't know what is supposed to happen, but when we slide the SLIDE TO UNLOCK thingy to the right nothing happens.

Only thing we can do is shut it down. So what are we supposed to do? The reseller said the user manual was onboard as a pdf, but we can't go beyond the SLIDE TO UNLOCK stage.

I tried flashing it with tim's 6a, but it still starts up, gets to the slide to unlock, we slide it to unlock, nothing happens

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.
Ummm.. sounds like it has got itself into a bit of a pickle! I don't think your re-flash worked. Have a look on the bottom edge of the tablet, see if you can see the reset button, it is a small (1mm dia.) button.. press it & report back!
satyr (November 30th, 2011)
Old November 30th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #325 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Ummm.. sounds like it has got itself into a bit of a pickle! I don't think your re-flash worked. Have a look on the bottom edge of the tablet, see if you can see the reset button, it is a small (1mm dia.) button.. press it & report back!
Hi Dart, I tried the refresh before flashing it. I've tried it after flashing it. All it does is shut it down instantaneously. And when I power it up again it gets to the same situation. SLIDE TO UNLOCK. After sliding to unlock, nothing happens. I can also power it down by holding the Power button for a few seconds. The other buttons don't seem to do anything.

I can rotate it, and the SLIDE TO UNLOCK becomes unlocked by itself.

I've tried pressing all sorts of button combinations. Whilst it's running, and while powering up. I've tried tapping all the icons with the provided stylus. Nothing happens beyond sliding that slide to unlock thing.

My nephew was using it for a few months. That is getting full functionality. So it did work before.

I've checked the microSDHC card with my workstation and it seems to have created two folders, both with nothing in them. I can see when it is powering up there's a brief message on top left hand corner saying "Preparing memory card" so maybe that's how it created those empty folders?

So I assume it is accessing the microSDHC card, but I am not sure if it is booting off it. I have used the sdcard.org formatter to format the microSDHC card before copying tim's 6a files. But I might still be overlooking something.

As I said I bought this for my 11 yr old nephew and it didn't come with a paper manual. The reseller said theres a manual in electronic format in the device. But I haven't had a chance to play with it, haven't seen the users manual, don't even know how to actually operate it. So completely flying by the seat of my pants here.

I've asked the reseller to provide firmware, and to let me know what brand / model this is, but thus far he hasn't provided firmware, and is insisting it is an FT3. Though the box says Superpad. Not Superpad 2 or 3! Here's a link of the actual product: gl4ever.com.au/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FT3

I'm still waiting for him to come back with a link to original firmware before I decide to take consumer action against him (bait and switch). So wanna give him a chance.

But basically,
- would like to know whether flashing the device will fix it such that it will go beyond SLIDE TO UNLOCK.
- would like a users manual I can download for it.
- would like to know whether it is one of those devices that cannot be flashed,
- etc.

Thanks again to anybody who has suggestions, tips, etc.
Old December 1st, 2011, 07:02 AM   #326 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Hi Dart, I tried the refresh before flashing it. I've tried it after flashing it. All it does is shut it down instantaneously. And when I power it up again it gets to the same situation. SLIDE TO UNLOCK. After sliding to unlock, nothing happens. I can also power it down by holding the Power button for a few seconds. The other buttons don't seem to do anything.

I can rotate it, and the SLIDE TO UNLOCK becomes unlocked by itself.
so..turning the tablet to portrait mode unlocks it or does it stay locked but the display changes to portrait?
Quote:

I've tried pressing all sorts of button combinations. Whilst it's running, and while powering up. I've tried tapping all the icons with the provided stylus. Nothing happens beyond sliding that slide to unlock thing.

My nephew was using it for a few months. That is getting full functionality. So it did work before.

I've checked the microSDHC card with my workstation and it seems to have created two folders, both with nothing in them. I can see when it is powering up there's a brief message on top left hand corner saying "Preparing memory card" so maybe that's how it created those empty folders?
Yes... Android needs two folders, .Android secure and LOST in order to function. They are system folders and can be ignored
Quote:

So I assume it is accessing the microSDHC card, but I am not sure if it is booting off it. I have used the sdcard.org formatter to format the microSDHC card before copying tim's 6a files. But I might still be overlooking something.
If the tablet is a Disco or Disco10 model and you put the two firmware files firmware-discovery and firmware2 in the root of the formatted tf card, insert the card in the external tf slot and press the reset button it should fe-flash the firmware, you will see progress messages on the screen. If it gets to the end of that process and switches itself off, you can remove the external tf card and switch the tablet back on. If it then has the same problem of not beaing able to unlock it you have a corrupted internal tf card that has gone 'read only'. The only way to repair that is to open the FT3 up and change the internal tf card for a better quality one and re-flash it again.
Quote:

As I said I bought this for my 11 yr old nephew and it didn't come with a paper manual. The reseller said theres a manual in electronic format in the device. But I haven't had a chance to play with it, haven't seen the users manual, don't even know how to actually operate it. So completely flying by the seat of my pants here.
Aren't we all! the manual is here
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
but please note that I think it is probably the manual for the FT2 as there are differences between the manual and my FT3..but it is close enough.
Quote:

I've asked the reseller to provide firmware, and to let me know what brand / model this is, but thus far he hasn't provided firmware, and is insisting it is an FT3. Though the box says Superpad. Not Superpad 2 or 3! Here's a link of the actual product: gl4ever.com.au/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FT3
Take no notice of what the box says, they use whatever box is to hand. If it has one external tf slot it is an FT3, if it has 2 external tf slots it is an FT2. Assuming it is an FT3, you need to know which model number it is as they all have different re-flashing procedures...
Quote:

I'm still waiting for him to come back with a link to original firmware before I decide to take consumer action against him (bait and switch). So wanna give him a chance.

But basically,
- would like to know whether flashing the device will fix it such that it will go beyond SLIDE TO UNLOCK.
It should do.. I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't.
Quote:
- would like a users manual I can download for it.
Done
Quote:
- would like to know whether it is one of those devices that cannot be flashed,
They can all be flashed..one way or another.....the question is 'is there an updated firmware that I can use' as the newer models have not had the development of the older models
Quote:
- etc.

Thanks again to anybody who has suggestions, tips, etc.
satyr (December 4th, 2011)
Old December 2nd, 2011, 04:23 AM   #327 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
so..turning the tablet to portrait mode unlocks it or does it stay locked but the display changes to portrait?

Yes... Android needs two folders, .Android secure and LOST in order to function. They are system folders and can be ignored

If the tablet is a Disco or Disco10 model
Never found out about this as couldn't get passed the Lock. Oh and rotating to portrait would give a portrait display but the slider would itself also move to unlock.

Quote:
and you put the two firmware files firmware-discovery and firmware2 in the root of the formatted tf card, insert the card in the external tf slot and press the reset button it should fe-flash the firmware, you will see progress messages on the screen.
Never saw any of that, and I tried several firmwares, even customs.

Quote:
If it gets to the end of that process and switches itself off, you can remove the external tf card and switch the tablet back on. If it then has the same problem of not beaing able to unlock it you have a corrupted internal tf card that has gone 'read only'. The only way to repair that is to open the FT3 up and change the internal tf card for a better quality one and re-flash it again.
Yeah well never saw any of those signs that it was flashing the firmware. All it did was boot up slower, and after booting give a msg top right hand crnr saying something like preparing memory card.

Quote:
Aren't we all! the manual is here
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
but please note that I think it is probably the manual for the FT2 as there are differences between the manual and my FT3..but it is close enough.
Hey FT2 manual is better than nothing. Thank you!

Quote:
Take no notice of what the box says, they use whatever box is to hand. If it has one external tf slot it is an FT3, if it has 2 external tf slots it is an FT2. Assuming it is an FT3, you need to know which model number it is as they all have different re-flashing procedures...
Not being able to get passed the lock couldn't determine model number Reseller wasn't helpful at all regards that.

Quote:
It should do.. I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't.

Done
Thank you!

Quote:
They can all be flashed..one way or another.....the question is 'is there an updated firmware that I can use' as the newer models have not had the development of the older models
I eventually did get original firmware from the reseller. But like other firmware flashes it did nothing.

Eventually I demanded a full refund from the reseller. On account that all evidence led to the fact that it wasn't a Flytouch. He gave a full refund and I handed over the pad.

Now I'll be looking for an Aussie reseller of genuine iBex FT3 resellers. I can't seem to find one that sells locally though. Am reluctant to order from overseas sellers as it will have to go through customs, duty tax, GST, and huge delays. Would like it before xmass.
Last edited by satyr; December 2nd, 2011 at 04:28 AM.
Old December 8th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #328 (permalink)

Device(s):

hi i just bought a super 3 for my fiance and i didn't know you cant watch youtube videos using it...i was really disappointed is it really like that? or just in youtube? thanks!
Old December 9th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #329 (permalink)

Device(s): Google Nexus 7 and Flytouch 3/Superpad II

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinerin View Post
hi i just bought a super 3 for my fiance and i didn't know you cant watch youtube videos using it...i was really disappointed is it really like that? or just in youtube? thanks!
Yes, you can. Depending on the model you get, you will probably have a special YouTube app pre-installed. Some folks have had problems, but there's lots of help here and on other forums to get it to work if you do have problems.

Example: mine is a P041 model, came with the YouTube app and it played well. I upgraded to a custom ROM, and lost the YouTube app in the process; I had to search the web for a YouTube.apk to download - the first one I tried did not work; found a newer version, and that works fine.

All the way through, from the beginning, videos copied onto the tablet by way of USB drives or through WiFi connection run wonderfully.
Old December 11th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #330 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default superpad 3 sawee10

Hello i have this model:
Model number: SAWEE10
Android version:2.2 V2.6:4416
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 root@ubuntu 159
Version Number:FRF85B-ZX907C

It makes some troubles like no flash in broswer and some more...
Do you know if there is a new version to update this think?

Thank you.
sponsored links
Old December 11th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #331 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by voulte View Post
Hello i have this model:
Model number: SAWEE10
Android version:2.2 V2.6:4416
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 root@ubuntu 159
Version Number:FRF85B-ZX907C

It makes some troubles like no flash in broswer and some more...
Do you know if there is a new version to update this think?

Thank you.
you will find some support for the SAWEE10 HERE
Old December 14th, 2011, 10:41 PM   #332 (permalink)

Device(s):

RATIO how did you installed firmware on your DK1031? did you use the Tims rom? it worked?
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:30 AM   #333 (permalink)

Device(s):

Just after a bit of advice.

I received my 'superpad' this morning and was wondering if it would be possible to install the Tim6a rom.

The specs I have got off the pad are:
MODEL - Android P1001R
VERSION - V2.3 2011-12-07 (001112)
BUILD - FRF85B

It has two TF slots. 512MB ram, 4GB storage.

The main problem I'm having is the wireless dropping (even when I'm not moving) and is forever connecting - dropping - connecting etc etc.

*edit* I have just found that whenever I try to connect the pad wirelessly my son's PS3 and wife's laptop drop their wifi signal so could this be a problem with the router, it's all fine until I try to connect the pad!!!

I have tried searching for P1001R but have not come up with any results, so any advice and/or links would be greatly appreciated.

Screen shot of details can be found at ://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb327/bazzzar/2011-12-19-12-54-58.jpg (just add http to the beginning of the address)
Last edited by bazzzar; December 19th, 2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: added another fault
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:53 AM   #334 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi all - I am not too technical and would really appreciate your advice on the Superpad that I have bought:

The specs I have got off the pad are:
MODEL - Android P1001R
VERSION - V2.3 2011-12-07 (001112)
BUILD - FRF85B
(as the user above)

The things works ok with wifi etc. My specific problems are:
Camera doesnt work (just shows screen noise)
Movies/music uploaded via USB is not recognised in the players
Touch screen seems a bit unresponsive and slow sometimes
It will not hibernate!!!

I have contacted the seller about firmware upgrades but they did not seem to have a clue what I was on about. Just wanted me to return the thing but I fly home straight after Xmas so have no time for returns etc. Therefore I was wondering if the Rom fix trferred to above might help and if so, how I would go about doing this?

Any assistance GREATLY appreciated!

Merry Christmas.
Old December 25th, 2011, 07:25 AM   #335 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by acgreen View Post
Anyone who is having an issue with an "not as described" flytouch 3 superpad III clone, or you are a potential buyer, you should check this article out:

Superpad III V10 Tab10 is Flytouch 5 Wannabe - Buyer Beware! | PRLog
Another advert.

acgreen - Instead of posting all your adverts why not help the poster out with some useful advice?

jacko8 - There is no available firmware update for your model flytouch. Returning it as faulty is your only option unless you want to open it up to check on the camera ribbon cable. This will invalidate your warranty.

Can you see the music/video files on your USB stick in a file browser?

The screen is slow and unresponsive if you are used to a capacitive screen, try using a stylus and you will get used to it.

There are problems with some builds not going into, or out of, standby....this is work in progress, however, updates to your particular model may take a while or even may never materialise.

Live with it as it is or send it back as faulty and, if you can afford it, buy a better tablet .. all the Flytouches are cheap and nasty.
Old December 25th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #336 (permalink)

Device(s):

I ordered 2 superpad3's off amazon for christmas for my kids. Ive rooted them, and looking for a better rom to use. The stock rom is android 2.3.3, and everything seems to work ok, but the system seems unresponsive sometimes and freezes too. games work good although there are some games from the market that seem to freeze the tablet. Was wondering if tims roms would work for these tablets. All the info I have right now is the model # which is DK 1032. I would mind going to a froyo rom even though this is gingerbread. Any help would be appriciated. If i need to post more info I can when I get home. Thanks
Old December 25th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #337 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Another advert.

acgreen - Instead of posting all your adverts why not help the poster out with some useful advice?

jacko8 - There is no available firmware update for your model flytouch. Returning it as faulty is your only option unless you want to open it up to check on the camera ribbon cable. This will invalidate your warranty.

Can you see the music/video files on your USB stick in a file browser?

The screen is slow and unresponsive if you are used to a capacitive screen, try using a stylus and you will get used to it.

There are problems with some builds not going into, or out of, standby....this is work in progress, however, updates to your particular model may take a while or even may never materialise.

Live with it as it is or send it back as faulty and, if you can afford it, buy a better tablet .. all the Flytouches are cheap and nasty.
Some of the sleep issues can be fixed by setting the wifi policy to sleep never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwendt79 View Post
I ordered 2 superpad3's off amazon for christmas for my kids. Ive rooted them, and looking for a better rom to use. The stock rom is android 2.3.3, and everything seems to work ok, but the system seems unresponsive sometimes and freezes too. games work good although there are some games from the market that seem to freeze the tablet. Was wondering if tims roms would work for these tablets. All the info I have right now is the model # which is DK 1032. I would mind going to a froyo rom even though this is gingerbread. Any help would be appriciated. If i need to post more info I can when I get home. Thanks
There aren't any custon roms currently for this pad. With them already rooted you can do some tweaks to help them perform better. A good place to start is google xda developers and read up on 2.3.3 tweaks
Old December 25th, 2011, 08:13 PM   #338 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thanks for the reply. I take it the Superpad 3 Model DK 1032 with android 2.3.3 is fairly a new model? Does anyone know if this Model (DK 1032) is a good one? Hopefully its not a big rip off like I've read SAWEE's are. Anyone know? I can't find any info on them, or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. But so far it does seem like its pretty good, well for my kids at least.

ALSO, you said to check XDA forums for tweaks, I cannot find anything for tweaking 2.3.3. I did find one forum but it was for a Sony tablet.
Last edited by jwendt79; December 25th, 2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old December 25th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #339 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I take it the Superpad 3 Model DK 1032 with android 2.3.3 is fairly a new model? Does anyone know if this Model (DK 1032) is a good one? Hopefully its not a big rip off like I've read SAWEE's are. Anyone know? I can't find any info on them, or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. But so far it does seem like its pretty good, well for my kids at least.

ALSO, you said to check XDA forums for tweaks, I cannot find anything for tweaking 2.3.3. I did find one forum but it was for a Sony tablet.

Look for ram script, battery optimizer, wifi fix, things like that.

For your model, heres the thing. There are many variations of the Flytouch. The most common are the disco, sawee, p041. Some are the same as these but renamed for whatever reason. The problem is you dont want to start messing around with firmware and brick the tablet. The pads with the biggest following get the attention of the modders and devs. The other pads are on their own.

The good news overall, most of these pads are fine even the sawee.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rabid1 For This Useful Post:
jwendt79 (December 25th, 2011)
Old December 25th, 2011, 11:28 PM   #340 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
Look for ram script, battery optimizer, wifi fix, things like that.

For your model, heres the thing. There are many variations of the Flytouch. The most common are the disco, sawee, p041. Some are the same as these but renamed for whatever reason. The problem is you dont want to start messing around with firmware and brick the tablet. The pads with the biggest following get the attention of the modders and devs. The other pads are on their own.

The good news overall, most of these pads are fine even the sawee.
Thanks again! I got me a ram script and the little bit of lag that was there is GONE! And no more freezing.....yet(knock on wood) And smoother than ever!
sponsored links
Old December 26th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #341 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Thanks again! I got me a ram script and the little bit of lag that was there is GONE! And no more freezing.....yet(knock on wood) And smoother than ever!
Awesome!

It's amazing what a little tweak here and there can do. Now start looking into apps, like Android Assistant, or Optimize toolbox. They are a kind of all in one memory/start up/cache/file manager apps.
Old December 26th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #342 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hey guys I rooted my Superpad 3 then unrooted it with Z4Root. After the unroot I did a factory reset and now it is stuck on the unlock screen and if I touch it nothing happens, same with restarting it. PLEASE HELP!
Old December 27th, 2011, 05:25 AM   #343 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukey8000 View Post
Hey guys I rooted my Superpad 3 then unrooted it with Z4Root. After the unroot I did a factory reset and now it is stuck on the unlock screen and if I touch it nothing happens, same with restarting it. PLEASE HELP!
You don't need to write the same request in four different threads.

In answer to your question...I'd just send it back.
Old December 27th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #344 (permalink)

Device(s):

need some more help, as stated before I got 2 Superpad3's for Christmas for my kids, Model DK 1032. Been having problems with freezing on both, did a factory reset on both, one worked and now the other wont boot up. Gets stuck on the Android_ Screen, The on after the Penguin with the "_" flashing. Anyways, my question is can I somehow make a backup of the one that is loading correctly and install it on the other one? Or would it be better to just send them back. I got them on Amazon, already email the company about the freezing issue asking if there was maybe an update. Also asked them if there was a site for support for these, cause I can't find one, but have not recieved anything back from them it 3 days. Any help would be appriciated
Old December 28th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #345 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
need some more help, as stated before I got 2 Superpad3's for Christmas for my kids, Model DK 1032. Been having problems with freezing on both, did a factory reset on both, one worked and now the other wont boot up. Gets stuck on the Android_ Screen, The on after the Penguin with the "_" flashing. Anyways, my question is can I somehow make a backup of the one that is loading correctly and install it on the other one? Or would it be better to just send them back. I got them on Amazon, already email the company about the freezing issue asking if there was maybe an update. Also asked them if there was a site for support for these, cause I can't find one, but have not recieved anything back from them it 3 days. Any help would be appriciated
There is no easy way of taking an image from a working FT3 and putting it on a defective one. You will need to obtain a copy of the firmware and re-flash it onto the faulty tablet using your tablets method of re-flashing. As this model is new and has little to no support being done on it your best bet is via the seller. Amazon customer services may be able to help you with dealings with the supplier, although not hearing from the supplier for 3 days over the Christmas period is not really unreasonable....maybe give them a few more days to reply? You may want to look for a supplier of a named brand of a better tablet!
Old January 1st, 2012, 09:28 AM   #346 (permalink)

Device(s):

hello guys,

I'm new on the forum with a superpad III

Numero modele: android tab10
Version d'android: v2.3 2011-09-01(001112)
Version du noyau: 2.6.32.9 root@jackie-desktop#137
Version build: FRF85B

have 2 prbs:
Battery 2hours max...
Wifi prb: I'm connected but impossible to find the page

If you could help me...

TY in advance
Old January 1st, 2012, 01:41 PM   #347 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by menja View Post
hello guys,

I'm new on the forum with a superpad III

Numero modele: android tab10
Version d'android: v2.3 2011-09-01(001112)
Version du noyau: 2.6.32.9 root@jackie-desktop#137
Version build: FRF85B

have 2 prbs:
Battery 2hours max...
Wifi prb: I'm connected but impossible to find the page

If you could help me...

TY in advance
You don't have to post your question on every open thread. You are spamming the forum, please just post your question once on a new thread if possible and WAIT.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 10:44 AM   #348 (permalink)

Device(s):

ok...Sry
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:54 AM   #349 (permalink)

Device(s):

hello guys need some help i am new on this i have new super pad 3 well it says that on the box i receive it and i press power key and it don't have image it is on because i can hear it but no image if someone can help me i will appreciate
Old January 3rd, 2012, 08:53 PM   #350 (permalink)

Device(s):

please help, i got my sone a superpad 3 (well thats what it says on the box) and everything seemed well downloaded few apps on christmas day then it run out of charge so after full charge he switches it back on and the apps are gone, but in the market they are there as downloaded and have to re-install apps but same again after power off/on apps dissapear sometimes after reinstall the apps crash on start up...also the market is limited to certain apps but he cant get his facebook, band of brothers etc which he has on his phone

model number....DISCO10
android version.....2.2-20110803
kernel version...2.6.32.9
zjd@dtlinuxserver#36
build number....FRF85B

will flashing it be an options im a total newbie to this game..

any suggestions will be gratefull, recomendations,

{got off ebay by the way and the seller had real good feedback}

thanx in advance
Tags
fly touch 3, superpad 3, superpad iii

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3