Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 21st, 2011, 05:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Flytouch 3 (SAWEE10) update

Hello guys,
I'm new to the forum but I think it looks like cool
Finally I got the tablet. It 's a Flytouch 3 and I must say it seems a pretty useful tool in spite of the price.
However, there are some 'issues' that I would like to resolve and a point that it's not very clear for me. But first things first.
The informations screen that I captured directly from the tablet is on the attachement.
As you can see the kernel was last updated on April 30, 2011, so it is not dated. In any case, I would first resolve the fact that this version cannot display flash movies, then I heard some firmware (Tim4c) that improve the sensitivity of the touch screen, wireless reception and introduce the possibility of using the GPS with Google Maps. And then there is the fact that when I type on the keyboard appear in Chinese characters. I also noticed that the wireless connection is very bad, it frequently disconnects and it crashes when I use certain programs or reconnect the microsd. I really need to update it. Can you explain, please, how to update firmware and what do you recommend? Thank you.

P.S. I apologize for my bad english
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-5-19-16-22-56.jpg (126.7 KB, 150 views)

sponsored links
Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Nobody can help me ?
Old May 25th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

just got the same pad, will let you know if tim works
Old May 27th, 2011, 02:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by eseriestv View Post
just got the same pad, will let you know if tim works
Strangers are watching this space anxiously.
Old May 29th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoic View Post
Strangers are watching this space anxiously.
No tim firmware work with this tablet. I've tried every possible firmware, from the flytouch 2 to the latest ones. Now it is dead.

To grammar: this is a good new, can you post here some old firmware for this f*ing clone ?
Old October 31st, 2011, 04:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Tim 6a Firmware update

Just got my SP3 FT3 and have tried every firmware I can google but have no luck. The tablet recognize the update as I can see the whole updating process on the screen, did as directed and removed the sd card. When tablet restart I do not see any changes but the same as before. I have tried using different micro sd card ranging from 2GB to 32GB class 4 6 10 but still no result. Any advice? Thanks.

Tablet info:
Model Number: DISCO10

Version 2.2-20110803

Kernel Version: 2.6.32 zjd@dtlinuxserver #34

Build: FRF85B
Old October 31st, 2011, 05:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): 2 x San Francisco 64GB (ZTE Blade), 1 x Galaxy Sii, 1 x Galaxy Tab 10, 1 x Galaxy Note,

Quote:
Originally Posted by balam6139 View Post
Just got my SP3 FT3 and have tried every firmware I can google but have no luck. The tablet recognize the update as I can see the whole updating process on the screen, did as directed and removed the sd card. When tablet restart I do not see any changes but the same as before. I have tried using different micro sd card ranging from 2GB to 32GB class 4 6 10 but still no result. Any advice? Thanks.

Tablet info:
Model Number: DISCO10

Version 2.2-20110803

Kernel Version: 2.6.32 zjd@dtlinuxserver #34

Yes, you have to be confident enough to open the flytouch, it is quite easy, remove the crap sd card that is inside, replace with a fresh fat32 formatted new card - the bigger & higher the spec the better, and then re-assemble the flytouch, then reflash.

Or you could re-use the internal card but you need to delete all partitions, reformat to restore its functionality to what it was and put it back - but why trust that card again when whilst you have it open you could put in a new faster, bigger card?

The flashing will format & partition your new internal card as to hwo it should be.
Old November 1st, 2011, 08:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

If you have a SAWEE or a SAWEE10 tablet you cannot flash any of Tims firmware updates. You can go here
Technical Help for SP III (Fake FT3-SP2-Clone)

I think it is the place with the most info on these models.

For those not aware.... there are two tf slots on a FT3, one external and one internal. The internal one is the one which holds the operating system. It quite often has a poor quality tf card fitted that seems to suffer from going read only, so when you re-flash or add apps it reverts to its previous state when you switch the tablet off. The fix appears to be open the FT3 up and replace the poor quality card with a better one and re-flash the tablet with a later firmware.
The tf card in the external tf slot is where you place the upgrade files when you want to re-flash a DISCO or DISCO10 tablet, you will find the files here. SuperPad2 Flytouch3 Hybrid Tim Rom for SAWEE you need to go to the above link for instructions and for P041 tablets there are several threads on this forum detailing how to upgrade and where to get the upgrade files from. There appears to be a new 'kid on the block' called TAB10, there are no specific files available yet, and no-one yet knows if/how they can be updated. This model claims to be v2.3
Last edited by dart16; November 1st, 2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old December 5th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Finally I found a solution here. I think it's a good guide.
Old February 8th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi. I have this model as well, and the problem I have is connecting the tablet to my computer. It didn't come with a usb so I order it seperately but it didn't even connect or pop up anything. What usb is the right one for it?
sponsored links
Old October 2nd, 2012, 04:12 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default ROM for SAWEE10

Greetings,

A little late, but...

I bought the Superpad III direct from a manufacturer in China. DOA. She sent me the ROM. No go. I had to disassemble the unit and replace the dead TF card. Reloaded the ROM, works like a champ...well, as good as it can work, anyway...

I can't post a link yet, and the file is 80 megs, so if you need it, you can download it from my website, which I will spell out for you. The specs on the ROM are:

Filename: 2.3_20110926_build_FRF85B.zip
Android version: 2.3_20110926

Get it at: ultimateliquidators dot org, slash _files

Cheers,

Michael

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3