Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 19th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Flytouch 3 Superpad 2 problems

I recently purchased a tablet pc from ******.com. In their add, it was identified as a Flytouch3 Superpad 2. When the unit arrived, the only marking on the box was android 2.2. No identification marking on the unit itself. The only stats I have been able to find are: Model Disco10, Android Ver. 2.2-20170503, Kernel Ver. 2.6.32.9, Build No. FRF85B. From the outside it appears to be well built.
I charged the unit overnight and pressed the power button. When it powered up, the screen displayed a lake, mountain, sky background which displayed the time, date and charging status on the left plus 2 slider icons on the right, an upper one indicating is was for volume and the lower one showing a padlock.I really don't know how these icons are to be used. At the top of the screen, there is a Status bar which has a Home icon at the left and icons for battery status, time, print screen, volume +/-, menu, and back. I had to press the menu button, on the top of the frame, to get the screen to change to what the manual??? describes as the "Gadget" mode.
In the middle of that screen, there is a time/date box and another box which shows location plus weather info. I was able to change the Shanghai location to Daytona Beach. The weather info is not current probably because there is no internet connection. At the top of the screen, there is the same Status bar which has a Home icon at the left and icons for battery status, time, print screen, volume +/-, menu, and back. At the bottom of that screen, there are seven icons, MyPad, Dolphin Browser, Gallery, Icon mode, Music Player, Video Player, and Settings. These icons all seem to work.
When the Icon mode icon is pressed, the screen switched to "Icon" mode. This mode has numerous icons on 2 screens. At the bottom of the screen all of icons from the bottom of the Gadget screen are duplicated. These still work. The rest of the screen, plus a second screen, has icons for Calendar, Real Calc, Sound Recorder, Camera, Clock, Contacts, Gmail, eReader, Market, Maps, Settings, Wifi Settings, ADSL Reader, CC Player, ES Task manager, Skype, gps_test v2.2. At times, the Real Calc and eReader icons worked, now none of them work and an icon of a trash can appears, at the right side of the screen when they are pressed.
It seems to read the SD card when I inserted it. After I setup the wifi, It indicated that the signal was from good to excellent, but it would not connect. It keeps scanning and trying to connect. The line for my wifi connection has a locked padlock symbol imposed over the signal icon at the right of the screen.
I don't know if the unit is defective or my lack of knowledge is the problem. I have no previous experience with smart phones or the android operating system. Any tips,suggesion will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old June 19th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

It seems that you have the DISCO10 firmware so you can update to the Tim Rom.

Update to the Tim's Rom 4e than start testing and write here any problem on the forum
The Following User Says Thank You to giubari For This Useful Post:
eralast (June 19th, 2011)
Old June 19th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

I receive ****** flytouch 3 1GHz, 512Mhz memory, 8GB HD.
Had same problems with wifi, I had to log on multiple times retyping the encrytion until it was accepted. Then all was well.
Android market only allowed a few free apps. had to go to setting>applications>mgmt applications>All> google service framework>clear data force stop>reboot then wait a few minutes and retry and market May take several tries and all should be well for many free apps

Still having a difficult time figuring out where the rest of memory is located?
downloaded Z test and shows 372Mbytes

internal HD shows 938Mbytes but MyPad icon show additional 6.05GB

GPS works after correcting android market and downloading test to speach, gps test, gps status and google maps

have fun

Anyone knows how to see total and use total Memory 512?

What will update from DISCO to TIM help with?
Old June 20th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): SP II 2.1 'deb' (x two), SP II / FT III 2.2 'disco', HTC G2 Hero 2.1, HTC Desire S 2.3.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12 View Post
I recently purchased a tablet pc from ******.com. In their add, it was identified as a Flytouch3 Superpad 2.

At times, the Real Calc and eReader icons worked, now none of them work and an icon of a trash can appears, at the right side of the screen when they are pressed.
Hi,

Just like a [non Mac] mouse has two or more buttons there are different types of touch on an Android touch screen.

From your description 'the trash can appears' you appear to be doing a long touch which, from that screen, indicates you wish to delete an icon.

If you use a shorter press you should start the application associated with the icon.

I trust this is helpful and solves your problem.

Regards
tbod
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by eralast View Post

Still having a difficult time figuring out where the rest of memory is located?
downloaded Z test and shows 372Mbytes
In PC's 'lost' memory is often allocated to the video sub-system so the operating system doesn't get to see it.. I suspect it is the same here.
Quote:

internal HD shows 938Mbytes but MyPad icon show additional 6.05GB
they are different partitions
Quote:

What will update from DISCO to TIM help with?
errr.....everything!
The Following User Says Thank You to dart16 For This Useful Post:
eralast (June 20th, 2011)
Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

I too have just purchased a flytouch 3 from ******. the android version I have is 2.2-20110503. I know nothing about android. Do I need to update? If so how is this done? I can not get the gps to work to change the desktop location from china to my location. Please someone tell me how this is done. The manual I recv'd does not even reflect the unit I have. I've contacted ****** and they send a manual where the index is not in line with the actual data.
Old June 24th, 2011, 06:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hey King12...are you sure about this -

> Android Ver. 2.2-20170503

That firmware wont be released until 2017!!

and I was under the (mis?)impression that stock firmware was 201001or 201102...the 05 is Tims Firmware

Isn't 20110503 Tims4e?
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Gps

My Flytouch 3 8GB I just got from ************ was also stuck on China, had to hook up the GPS antenna and go outside for it to find my location. It seemed to forget it next time.

Anyway changed it to Tims v4e ROM and it is all working good now except for the weird battery issues others seem to have (lasting between2 and 3 hours and having sudden level drops and really quick dying at end) hopefully a few more battery calibrates will fix it, it seems more a problem with the unit deciding to switch itself off than with the battery being out of juice, at 1% I managed to get the whole thing to vibrate for 10 minutes straight trying to switch it back on before I reset it and put it on charge.
Old July 1st, 2011, 10:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thavieus View Post
My Flytouch 3 8GB I just got from ************ was also stuck on China, had to hook up the GPS antenna and go outside for it to find my location. It seemed to forget it next time.

Anyway changed it to Tims v4e ROM and it is all working good now except for the weird battery issues others seem to have (lasting between2 and 3 hours and having sudden level drops and really quick dying at end) hopefully a few more battery calibrates will fix it, it seems more a problem with the unit deciding to switch itself off than with the battery being out of juice, at 1% I managed to get the whole thing to vibrate for 10 minutes straight trying to switch it back on before I reset it and put it on charge.
I hope that fixes your battery issue.. it has for others. Just a small point, I wouldn't recommend keeping it vibrating for any length of time, Li-Po calls are easily damaged by over-discharging and I am not sure that keeping them on load after the low voltage alert operates will do them any good! Once it switches itself off just give it an overnight charge and see if it is better...
Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Superpad 3

I also purchased my pad from Mefox of coarse I ordered a Flytouch 3 and was sent a Superpad 3 the old bait and switch that must be ok in China.
The pad works well but the battery only last about 20 minutes did the android system apk and it tells me that cell standby is using 71% of the battery as this is not a phone I would like to shut it off .I contacted Mefox and they were of no help told me there was no update and that I should contact CQ as they know I have no way of contacting CQ in other words
its my problem now. Also WiFi keeps disconnecting it will reset if I go to the WIFI icon. Like I said the pad works well other that these problems.
I have tried to reflash it via sd or computer wit no sucess.
HELP!!!!!!!!!
sponsored links
Old July 20th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi

I am having some issue with a Superpad 3. I just got it a couple of days ago. I fully charged it, booted it up and downloaded some apps. I tried to turn it on today and the screen flashes momentarily and then goes blank. If I hold down the power button for a few seconds the vibrate comes on and stays on until I hit the reset. If I plug in the charger no light comes on to say if it is charging....

When the creen does flicker it looks like it may have a symbol saying plug it in but I am guessing as it is really hard to tell.

Anyone got any ideas?
Old July 20th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s): Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade [Gen2] , Facepad

Like I have seen many times people answering to that problem, its either dead battery or dead charger .. or could be both. Still that Turning on and then off right away means flat battery. So its either not charging or the battery is dead completely.
Old July 21st, 2011, 02:54 AM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

Angry

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to check the output of the charger (with a pin to try and connect to the positive) and I don't see any voltage so I was suspicious of it. I am going to go buy a new charger today and see if that solves the problem. Very poor quality charger - one charge and dead!!
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:48 AM   #14 (permalink)

Sadly Superpad 3 are clones. They never got officially released and from many posts that I have seen they have much smaller if not half the mah batteries and chargers dies easily and a lot of problems like that.
Old July 21st, 2011, 03:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s): SP II 2.1 'deb' (x two), SP II / FT III 2.2 'disco', HTC G2 Hero 2.1, HTC Desire S 2.3.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltall View Post
Sadly Superpad 3 are clones. They never got officially released and from many posts that I have seen they have much smaller if not half the mah batteries and chargers dies easily and a lot of problems like that.
Hi,

As I am wearing my 'pedantic hat' today I thought I would mention the 'sawee' tablet are not clones because the word clone means "..a group of cells derived from a single ancestral cell. An identical copy".

My disco tablet can be correctly described as a clone [5V, one TF slot, Android 2.2, easily upgraded via the TF slot etc.] but my deb tablets can't [9V, two TF slots, Android 2.1, not so easily upgraded via the USB socket].
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:09 PM   #16 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by willscott View Post
Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to check the output of the charger (with a pin to try and connect to the positive) and I don't see any voltage so I was suspicious of it. I am going to go buy a new charger today and see if that solves the problem. Very poor quality charger - one charge and dead!!
It sounds like it is probably dead and as you have ordered a new charger it would be worth cutting the plug off the end and just metering the bare wires to confirm it is FUBAR and not just a faulty plug. Replacment plugs are available.. 2.4 (or 2.5)mm OD and 0.7mm ID, center posative
Old July 21st, 2011, 05:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbod View Post
Hi,

As I am wearing my 'pedantic hat' today I thought I would mention the 'sawee' tablet are not clones because the word clone means "..a group of cells derived from a single ancestral cell. An identical copy".

My disco tablet can be correctly described as a clone [5V, one TF slot, Android 2.2, easily upgraded via the TF slot etc.] but my deb tablets can't [9V, two TF slots, Android 2.1, not so easily upgraded via the USB socket].
People refer them as clones because i think sawee is older and usually nowadays if you find a sawee pad it will be a clone. No one cares if its a clone and disco since they can use Tim's Rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart16 View Post
It sounds like it is probably dead and as you have ordered a new charger it would be worth cutting the plug off the end and just metering the bare wires to confirm it is FUBAR and not just a faulty plug. Replacment plugs are available.. 2.4 (or 2.5)mm OD and 0.7mm ID, center posative
It would be nice if I could make a usb charger that way to use with my multi usb charger.. so many devices and so many chargers -.-
Last edited by weltall; July 21st, 2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 08:20 PM   #18 (permalink)

[QUOTE=weltall;2980071]People refer them as clones because i think sawee is older and usually nowadays if you find a sawee pad it will be a clone. No one cares if its a clone and disco since they can use Tim's Rom.

Sadly, you miss my point entirely, a clone is a good thing because it is functionally identical to the original we all know, love and lust after.

The sawee and other pale imitations of the One True One should most definitely NOT be referred to as clones as they do not mimic the finctionality of the original. Unless that is you are suggesting a young girl who ordered a clone of Justin Bieiber would be deliriously happy to receive something that looked exactly like Little Jimmy Crankie and, worse still, had the same plumbing!

I hate it when people use terms they don't understand and through their ignorance manage to totally corrupt their meaning - just don't get me started on Learning Curves...
Old July 22nd, 2011, 08:39 PM   #19 (permalink)

>.> What Learning Curves are?.. Anyway don;t people call them clones only because they usually look externally like it? Although most look like the facepad.
Old July 31st, 2011, 01:09 PM   #20 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default How do I get Tim Rom 4e

Quote:
Originally Posted by giubari View Post
It seems that you have the DISCO10 firmware so you can update to the Tim Rom.

Update to the Tim's Rom 4e than start testing and write here any problem on the forum

How exactly do I do this..........
sponsored links
Old July 31st, 2011, 01:58 PM   #21 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have been dealing with clones/knockoffs/fakes for a long time and really your biggest concern is quality of the build. In most cases you should be fine. I could show you the dents and dings on my 16GB rockchip clone MP4 player that still works after all the abuse it has taken, including bricked flashes, or tell you about the Coby and Ipods I have had to returned that failed without being messed with at all.

In the case of theses pads you really just need to take the time to checkout the individual seller. If you are concerned about places like ************ or MM then look for independent sellers with solid rep through Ebay or Amazon. At least then you have a direct resource if you do have a problem. I went through an Amazon seller who was on the phone calling me within 6 hours of reporting my issue. I was a little nervous because his e-mail and phone were dead and I had to go through Amazon but it was just a glitch.

In any case contact the seller and ask questions, you can tell veru quickly who is just dumping stock and who takes the time to do a little QC before shipping.
Old August 10th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginspr51 View Post
How exactly do I do this..........

x2. - how do we do this?
Old August 10th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #23 (permalink)

Device(s): 2 x San Francisco 64GB (ZTE Blade), 1 x Galaxy Sii, 1 x Galaxy Tab 10, 1 x Galaxy Note,

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggy View Post

x2. - how do we do this?
Read the thread here Flytouch 3 Hybrid ROM (rooted)
Old August 21st, 2011, 06:47 AM   #24 (permalink)

Device(s): 2 x San Francisco 64GB (ZTE Blade), 1 x Galaxy Sii, 1 x Galaxy Tab 10, 1 x Galaxy Note,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiridakiwi View Post
Hoping you can help me - i've just brought 2 superpad 2's and I have a couple of issues that are driving me mental - i'm usually pretty good with this sort of thing but not in this instance:

1 - My weather forecast widget is stuck on Shanghai, i have tried to update but I can't even open the app as i keep getting an error msg and i have to force close it- i've tried using app manager but the uninstall option is greyed out and emptying the cache hasn't worked so i'm dumbfounded as to what to do
Don't worry - these questions have been asked, and answered, many times.

What device have you got, Let us know the result of the menu shown here please:

settings/about device

You should see something like sawee or disco or P041.

To answer your questions, rather than repeat what has been posted at the support forum, go there and read them for yourself.

Search for shanghai at apad and you find these type of threads.

GPS and Google Map Fix

how do my ft3 fix the gps signal, still stuck in shanghai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiridakiwi View Post
2 - I can't download apps- i keep getting an error telling me i don't have enough space - according to the settings menu i have 14GB free on the sd card and 10gb free on the internal memory so why don't i have enough space to download 35mb of app? I can't even find the settings to find out where the market will save the app if i manage to download one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
2 threads here discuss this and should answer your question:

Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item

FacePad not installing Apps or Updating ROM's
The Following User Says Thank You to lfc4ever For This Useful Post:
Frisco (August 23rd, 2011)
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:44 PM   #25 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Calendar on Flytouch 3 Superpad 2 Android 2.2

I recently bought a Flytouch 3 and can't seem to get ANY kind of calendar to load onto it. The system says there is a calendar on its homepage, but when I try to go into it and create a event it says there is no calendar. I tried loading several different calendars onto it and run into the same problem, someone please help. I bought this thing when my Palm started to die and specifically needed a calendar with a notification ringer to remind me of appointments. I'm lost as to what I'm doing wrong.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

Uninstall all the calenders you have installed, then start over.

Read this thread to get an idea of which calender you think would suit you best:

Best Calendar App?
The Following User Says Thank You to lfc4ever For This Useful Post:
Frisco (August 23rd, 2011)
Old August 24th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

Device(s):

i ordered from ******.com on the 1st july, and have not recieved it yet, 24th august, other people have ordred from ******, and its fine, but in my opinion, dont do it. they emailed me back, until i mentioned recieving a refund, then they stopped replying.

baxter
Old August 24th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #28 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default bad flash!my kid pop the SD card !after I get my tablet vibrating!!

HI ! I got my Flytouch 3 superpad2 after a bad flash vibrating !I tried to reset! nothing!still vibrating! any suggestions!!!! Thanks!!
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #29 (permalink)

Did you check which version you had before flashing?
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #30 (permalink)

Device(s):

yes!I had Android 2.2-20110529!can you help me?I tried firmware from thechillahacher worked very fine,is base on 0316 ROM but I forgot the SD in and update start when the card pop out!Thanks

Last edited by calinmateo; August 24th, 2011 at 07:39 PM.
sponsored links
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #31 (permalink)

If reseting or holding the power button for a minute and releasing it doesnt help all you could do is wait for the battery to get depleted I think. After that you can always plug it back in power and after leaving it charge for 3 minutes try to power it on and see if it will work. If not maybe try to flash it with a different rom?
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calinmateo View Post
yes!I had Android 2.2-20110529!can you help me?I tried firmware from thechillahacher work very fine,is base on 0316 ROM but I forgot the SD in and start update when the card pop out!Thanks

Try:

Hard reset is pressing in the reset button on the side of FT3. This is normally used when the unit does not respond.

Soft reset is a factory reset by powering on the tablet holding down the power & menu & home buttons until you see the recovery screen start.

Reflash using a new formatted sd card.
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #33 (permalink)

Device(s):

I tried everything you said!still vibrating!!!What else I can do?Thanks!
Last edited by calinmateo; August 24th, 2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
If reseting or holding the power button for a minute and releasing it doesnt help all you could do is wait for the battery to get depleted I think. After that you can always plug it back in power and after leaving it charge for 3 minutes try to power it on and see if it will work. If not maybe try to flash it with a different rom?
I tried that !still vibrating!that rom was good I used for one day and worked fine but i forgat my SD in and update start and my SD pop out!thanks!
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #35 (permalink)

Ahhh so it sounds like you bricked your tablet.. I am not sure what to say to that. If i was you I would just open it up, remove the battery, hold the power button for a minute and then reconnect the battery and see what happens. I would do that to make sure that the tablet would have not even the slightest ammount of energy inside to keep any bad settings.

This is the bad thing with flashing systems and bioses. If it gets interrupted midway or is flashed with wrong firmware it does bye bye.. except of course if you are a pc expect and can fix it.
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #36 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Ahhh so it sounds like you bricked your tablet.. I am not sure what to say to that. If i was you I would just open it up, remove the battery, hold the power button for a minute and then reconnect the battery and see what happens. I would do that to make sure that the tablet would have not even the slightest ammount of energy inside to keep any bad settings.

This is the bad thing with flashing systems and bioses. If it gets interrupted midway or is flashed with wrong firmware it does bye bye.. except of course if you are a pc expect and can fix it.
I tried everything you said !still vibrating!thanks
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #37 (permalink)

Device(s):

Ive recently purchased the superpad 2, flytouch 3,

Model number P041, android version 2.2 V2.6: #4402, Build number FRF85B

Battery is very poor, In some program red is replaced by blue and WIFI is very poor!

Is there a firmware upgrade that will fix this or do I have the latest version.

Thanks

JJ
Old August 25th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2227 View Post
Ive recently purchased the superpad 2, flytouch 3,

Model number P041, android version 2.2 V2.6: #4402, Build number FRF85B

Battery is very poor, In some program red is replaced by blue and WIFI is very poor!

Is there a firmware upgrade that will fix this or do I have the latest version.

Thanks

JJ
I'm sorry to report that there is no firmware update, and the SP2 FT3 with P041 installed is a poor version of the FT3 with low end parts and low grade batteries.

The best FT3 have disco10 installed as the firmware of choice.

I would demand my money back and constantly complain to the supplier & paypal or credit card company until you got the refund.
Old August 25th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #39 (permalink)

Supposedly as the company mentions P041 is a newer version so it MIGHt be better .But yes for now its not that great since you cant use the uber easy modded rom that is prerooted too that tim distributes. Can you post a link of the product (fro mwhatever site you bought it) or was it a local store?
Old September 28th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #40 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default pad won't power on

I got my flytouch 3 super pad 2 from china grabber, arrived 2 weeks ago, I have nothing but problems with battery power and firmware, downloaded link to correct firmware but two days ago unit showed it was low power so I plugged in power cord but no charging was started, by the way I have never had red lite while charging, just had to guess when it was charged, now with battery down and power card plugged in I can't even power on to see screen, could I have bad power cord? or battery?
sponsored links
Old September 30th, 2011, 05:56 AM   #41 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgibbsp View Post
I got my flytouch 3 super pad 2 from china grabber, arrived 2 weeks ago, I have nothing but problems with battery power and firmware, downloaded link to correct firmware but two days ago unit showed it was low power so I plugged in power cord but no charging was started, by the way I have never had red lite while charging, just had to guess when it was charged, now with battery down and power card plugged in I can't even power on to see screen, could I have bad power cord? or battery?
Yes and yes...you could.
I would recommend you post this message on apad.tv forum and direct it to the forum moderator as that site is sponsored by, and totally biased towards,
China Grabber. The Admin can help you with returning it.
Old December 9th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #42 (permalink)

Device(s): Superpad.

Send a message via Yahoo to tobynixon
Sad Cellular standby? For Peets sake.

I have an Android 2.2 and I want to disable the celluar standby, amoung other things, my only problem with the previous solution is that mine is not disco and am having trouble finding a root program...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-12-9-8-23-11.jpg (115.7 KB, 8 views)
Old December 9th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #43 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynixon View Post
I have an Android 2.2 and I want to disable the celluar standby, amoung other things, my only problem with the previous solution is that mine is not disco and am having trouble finding a root program...
another different model of FT3....

have you tried z4root? You will need to have usb debugging enabled, have you seen if you can enable usb debugging by -

download launcher pro
press and hold anywhere on the desktop that is not an icon
choose shortcuts
choose activities
choose settings
choose development, then ok
open the new development icon and
tick usb debugging.........
Old December 18th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #44 (permalink)

Device(s):

Unhappy Wifi won't turn on. Can't check the box

I recently purchased Flytouch 3 SuperPad2 Android 2.2 Tablet off Ebay for my husband for Christmas. I can not get the wifi to turn on. The button is turned on and where I should be able to click ""turn on wifi" it won't mark it. This tablet has tim rom. Here are the details:
CPU: LNX Code 11, 220 1GHz
Board Model: DISCO10 (This pad will work with Tim's rom or other aftermarket roms)
Android version 2.2-20110803

My laptop and desk top hook to the wifi fine so not a wifi issue. HELP!!
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:39 AM   #45 (permalink)

Device(s): Acer Iconia A110

I am having the same sort of problem with the wifi connect..it had been working but was having video streaming problems so did a factory reset and since then, it will not hook up to my wifi..tried the Tims update and that didnt help..it also will not recognize the ethernet hook up when I plug in the cable....it is the DISCO10 as well
Old December 19th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #46 (permalink)

Device(s): Acer Iconia A110

Update: Wifi connect sorted out, when trying to connect, used the Forget option than re-entered the password. Connection is now permanently remembered..works great but not terribly strong reception..Have to get closer to the Wifi antenna..I did the Tim update as per directions...is there a way of confirming the update took????
Thanks again
Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:53 PM   #47 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hi all,

Im having trouble with my speakers on my flytouch 3, only one side is working and when i put headphones in only one side works again.

Also i cant seem to get the microphone to work at all....cant even find the settings for it??? plz someone help me as it is a xmas prezzie for my mum and i want it in all working order and set up for her to enjoy.
Old December 24th, 2011, 06:11 AM   #48 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by acgreen View Post
Yes, people should def do their homework before purchasing a non-branded product. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. There are a lot of rougue auction and b2c site sellers selling tablets with refurbished motherboards.

Buying from a brand such as iBex ensures a higher level of QC and description are accurate to the tee.
Proof of refurbished boards?.... thought not. Garbage then.
Proof of higher QC?......thought not again.

iBex...accurate adverts?? you are kidding right?
Old December 27th, 2011, 11:49 PM   #49 (permalink)

Device(s):

Were is the battery located ...... So i can replace....super pad 3 will not hold charge
Old December 28th, 2011, 05:29 AM   #50 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljackson View Post
Were is the battery located ...... So i can replace....super pad 3 will not hold charge
errr....inside.

Are you sure the problem is not with the charger?

If you are sure it is the battery then you will have to open the casing. There are some pictures HERE. Be very very careful not to damage the two ribbon cables that go between the pcb and the screen. When splitting the casing keep the bottom halves together until you can release the cables.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3