Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 15th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Linux commands problem

I has installed the ConnectBot terminal and rooted my cloned Flytouch 3 but I cant use common commands like... cp, make, and others like man, vi... and tons more so importants for me. I thought that was a PATH problem, and tried to find where that commands are to add it to the PATH, but I cant find them becouse the commands like find, whereis, etc donīt work aswell. What can I do??
Thanks

sponsored links
Old July 16th, 2011, 06:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Xiaomi Hongmi
Carrier: Vodafone CZ, 230 03

Welcome to the Android forums!
Connectbot is SSH client and not the real terminal. It's used to make secure connection to other phone or computer and execute the command on remote device.
If you want Terminal, you can install some terminal emulator (this contains basic terminal commands) and busybox (contains more terminal commands usable in terminal emulator) :
https://market.android.com/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&feature=search_resu lt
https://market.android.com/details?id=stericson.busybox&feature=search_result
Old July 16th, 2011, 09:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

thanks!
Old July 16th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): SP II 2.1 'deb' (x two), SP II / FT III 2.2 'disco', HTC G2 Hero 2.1, HTC Desire S 2.3.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartc View Post
I has installed the ConnectBot terminal and rooted my cloned Flytouch 3 but I cant use common commands like... cp, make, and others like man, vi... and tons more so importants for me. I thought that was a PATH problem, and tried to find where that commands are to add it to the PATH, but I cant find them becouse the commands like find, whereis, etc donīt work aswell. What can I do??
Thanks
There should be a program called busybox which provides all the familiar programs you desire. If you invoke it without any arguments it will display all the things it can do.

To execute one of the program functions you can either: type busybox ifconfig to execute the ifconfig program or, if you know you will be using a command frequently [eg: ping] it is easier to make a link to busybox with the name of the required command [ping]. When you type the name of the linked command [ping] busybox will execute the desired command.

Hope this helps...
Last edited by tbod; July 19th, 2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old July 18th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

OMG! I installed it and the system is frozen, I can do nothing. I restarted the tablet and it continues like that. Black screen, no response. Only the upper bar apears but the desktop and everything is not there
What can I do? How can I restore the OS?
Old July 19th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): SP II 2.1 'deb' (x two), SP II / FT III 2.2 'disco', HTC G2 Hero 2.1, HTC Desire S 2.3.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartc View Post
OMG! I installed it and the system is frozen, I can do nothing. I restarted the tablet and it continues like that. Black screen, no response. Only the upper bar apears but the desktop and everything is not there
What can I do? How can I restore the OS?
Huh? What did you install? It's rather difficult to help you if you don't give us any information!
Tags
commands, linux, path, problem

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3