Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 25th, 2011, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
=Luceat Lux Vestra=
Thread Author (OP)
 
Frisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,492
 
Device(s): HTC One, Galaxy Tab 7" 2 Rooted
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 7,156
Thanked 9,262 Times in 5,117 Posts
Default

Yes, vendor branding has caused a bit of confusion, and even accusations of fraud, having to do with these "Flytouch" products.

Apparently Gome and the Chinese registration of the product name have been seeing a lot of strange incarnations of these devices, some with just a RAM upgrade, and then the "Flytouch" name attached to it as if Gome was the modifying entity.

Google around and you'll find remarks about it all over the forums, here included.

This is typical:

"The shanzhai debranded Flytouch II is a product based on the original Gome Flytouch 2. I appears that there are vendors labeling a RAM upgraded variant (512MB) as the Flytouch 3. This is highly misleading, because Gome is not going by this branding. The 512MB version cannot be considered as a new generation of the Flytouch line of Android tablets, and as such should still be referred to as the Flytouch II, or Flytouch II with 512MB."

"The manufacturer name for this new product is the SuperPAD II."

__________________



Frisco is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 25th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 632
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 107 Times in 96 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
Yes, vendor branding has caused a bit of confusion, and even accusations of fraud, having to do with these "Flytouch" products.

Apparently Gome and the Chinese registration of the product name have been seeing a lot of strange incarnations of these devices, some with just a RAM upgrade, and then the "Flytouch" name attached to it as if Gome was the modifying entity.

Google around and you'll find remarks about it all over the forums, here included.

This is typical:

"The shanzhai debranded Flytouch II is a product based on the original Gome Flytouch 2. I appears that there are vendors labeling a RAM upgraded variant (512MB) as the Flytouch 3. This is highly misleading, because Gome is not going by this branding. The 512MB version cannot be considered as a new generation of the Flytouch line of Android tablets, and as such should still be referred to as the Flytouch II, or Flytouch II with 512MB."

"The manufacturer name for this new product is the SuperPAD II."
Indeed......things have moved on a bit now.....there is now a similar confusion over the Flytouch 4, the Flytouch 5 and the Flytouch 6, none of which (AFAIK) Gome produce. Things, it appears, will not be getting clearer any time soon!
dart16 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
=Luceat Lux Vestra=
Thread Author (OP)
 
Frisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,492
 
Device(s): HTC One, Galaxy Tab 7" 2 Rooted
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 7,156
Thanked 9,262 Times in 5,117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acgreen View Post
selling not a described products leads to this confusion. Yet another thread titled "what did i buy?"

http://androidforums.com/gome-flytouch-3/469862-what-model-have-i-bought.html

Maybe there should be a "what did i Buy official thread" or sticky
For this particular device area, I think that's a good idea.

I'll have a look around, with an eye toward merging some threads and beginning such a sticky.

Hang on..
Frisco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
=Luceat Lux Vestra=
Thread Author (OP)
 
Frisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,492
 
Device(s): HTC One, Galaxy Tab 7" 2 Rooted
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 7,156
Thanked 9,262 Times in 5,117 Posts
Default Which Flytouch/Superpad (etc) Do I have?

This sticky thread is for both questions and information provided by members here having to do with identifying these much copied and modified by vendors devices.

Please bear with me as I merge threads and posts which seem well related to this subject.
Frisco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

first what pad do I have? Flytouch 5 Capacitive Tablet PC WiFi MID infotmic

Anyone can help me to find info on this one is ok a little buggie the flash sucks

second can it be root?

  • Model: Android P1001c
  • Android version:V2.3 2011-11-24 (401112
  • Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 root@wanghua -desktop #239
  • Build number: FRF85B




Jcesar3074 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi there,

Sorry for being such a newb, but I just bought a cheap tablet from Hong Kong, on the box is says "SuperPad III," but it seems that might be misleading.

I want to root it, so I can get the real Android Market installed (not this Chinese version), but I've no clue which actual tablet I have! Please help. Below are some specs which might help those who know much more than I:

Android Version: 2.3.3
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-infoTM suixing@fael #56
Build Number: GRI40

If anyone needs more info, please ask. Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Oy.
Oyjord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 632
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 107 Times in 96 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyjord View Post
Hi there,

Sorry for being such a newb, but I just bought a cheap tablet from Hong Kong, on the box is says "SuperPad III," but it seems that might be misleading.

I want to root it, so I can get the real Android Market installed (not this Chinese version), but I've no clue which actual tablet I have! Please help. Below are some specs which might help those who know much more than I:

Android Version: 2.3.3
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-infoTM suixing@fael #56
Build Number: GRI40

If anyone needs more info, please ask. Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Oy.
Sounds like GRI40 is a chinese firmware and AFAIK previously unheard off here so I doubt anyone has much information for you I'm afraid. you will need to find out which cpu it has in order to direct you further, if its an InfoTm x220 then try HERE, and if it is an A8 Cortex then try HERE. Neither of these groups are specifically for your model but they are the same class of device.
dart16 is offline  
Last edited by dart16; January 8th, 2012 at 05:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart16 View Post
Sounds like GRI40 is a chinese firmware and AFAIK previously unheard off here so I doubt anyone has much information for you I'm afraid. you will need to find out which cpu it has in order to direct you further, if its an InfoTm x220 then try HERE, and if it is an A8 Cortex then try HERE. Neither of these groups are specifically for your model but they are the same class of device.
Thanks for helping out! On the back of the tablet there's a sticker, "infoTMIC," so I'll check out your link and see what I can make of it.

Appreciate the assist,
Oy.
Oyjord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s): Superpad III, model DK1032, android 2.3.3, Kernel 2.6.35.7-infoTM tom@tom-Optiplex-380#48, Build nr
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyjord View Post
Hi there,

Sorry for being such a newb, but I just bought a cheap tablet from Hong Kong, on the box is says "SuperPad III," but it seems that might be misleading.

I want to root it, so I can get the real Android Market installed (not this Chinese version), but I've no clue which actual tablet I have! Please help. Below are some specs which might help those who know much more than I:

Android Version: 2.3.3
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-infoTM suixing@fael #56
Build Number: GRI40

If anyone needs more info, please ask. Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Oy.
Hi,
I'm also new to the android game, but I have a similar tablet:
Model number: DK1032
Android version: 2.3.3
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-infoTM
Build-number: GRI40

I had no problem rooting it with Gingerbreak (Google's your friend). I'll also need USBdebug (available in Android Market) to enable USB debugging.
Limetree60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default firmware

Hi,

I also have the dk1032 mode. Can someone please supply the firmware as I would like to reload the firmware on my device.

Regards,
ReBeL25
rebel25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 13th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
olo
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello there,

I just received a "SuperPAD III" tablet. The box has been opened and the tablet used before i received it and it was a gift so i find it sort of weird asking if they gave me everything that was in the box. All i managed to find out about it is:

Model number: SAWEE10
Android version: 2.3_20110926
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 gejunjun@semitime-server #5
Build number: FRF85B

I hope you can help me out here!

Thank you!
olo is offline  
Last edited by olo; July 13th, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My pad shows the following info:

Quote:
Model: DISCO10
Android version: 2.2-20110529
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #1
Build number: FRF85B
I'd like to know how to update its firmware for something newer.
senglory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just recently got a tablet that is labeled as a SuperPad VII and after reading all this stuff I am not so certain it is, here is the Info I can gleam from the tablet
Model Number BC1003
Android Version 4.0.4
Baseband Version 1.5rc4
Kernel Version 3.0.8+
Build Number crane_bc1003-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120912 test-keys

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
skreed01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi Guys, im in a bit of a predicament....i seem to have acquired what the box says is a Superpad 3. I have browsed many many posts but cannot seem to get a defintive answer. Being new to these devices im now a bit stuck.

Unfortunately the pad doesn't boot up it is stuck on an Infotmic screen with 0.6.1.5(587) in the corner. I'll list everything else i can below:

2 x USB
1 x TF slot
4GB sticker on the side
5v Charger
Red charging light

The booklet that came in the box also states;
VC882 embedded 1GHz ARM cortex A8 32-bit processor
512mb DDR3 ram
Screen resolution 1024x600
Capacitor touchscreen single
Battery 5000mAH

Although i have no way at present of checking these specs. I am able to connect to my pc via usb by pressing power and menu, and the pad vibrates on boot up. I have tried recovering the tablet but it hangs on at 1s mark.

Any advice or particular roms i can try, at least to boot it up so i can check what it is?

Thanks in advance

Donna
Ladyloving is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default looks like mine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreed01 View Post
I just recently got a tablet that is labeled as a SuperPad VII and after reading all this stuff I am not so certain it is, here is the Info I can gleam from the tablet
Model Number BC1003
Android Version 4.0.4
Baseband Version 1.5rc4
Kernel Version 3.0.8+
Build Number crane_bc1003-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120912 test-keys

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
That looks very like a Megapad 8. I have one with matching details and thats what it is. Google it, suppliers in London area
billd2439 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Try this 10.2" MegaPad 8 Android Tablet PC,Android 4.0.4 ICS,32GB,1GB DDR3.1.2GHZ A10 | eBay?
billd2439 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.