Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 5th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Flytouch 3 (40 pin ribbon cable).

Waited 6 weeks to take delivery of dodgy Flytouch 3/superpad 2 from china, filed a claim with paypal in the meantime for non receipt of goods, got my money back no problem. Glad i did because it finally arrived free of charge and never worked correctly! I opened it up and noticed the 40 pin ribbon connector to screen PCB, was bent and hardly clasping to the PCB,, manually pressing the connector down with my finger fired the tablet it up no problem,, I have no problem finding 40 pin ribbon cable,, my main issue is I have looked everywhere for the connector/coupling for the ribbon cable that fits to the screen PCB but can't find them anywhere, any one help me on this i would be eternally grateful.

sponsored links
Old January 5th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonystablet View Post
Waited 6 weeks to take delivery of dodgy Flytouch 3/superpad 2 from china, filed a claim with paypal in the meantime for non receipt of goods, got my money back no problem. Glad i did because it finally arrived free of charge and never worked correctly! I opened it up and noticed the 40 pin ribbon connector to screen PCB, was bent and hardly clasping to the PCB,, manually pressing the connector down with my finger fired the tablet it up no problem,, I have no problem finding 40 pin ribbon cable,, my main issue is I have looked everywhere for the connector/coupling for the ribbon cable that fits to the screen PCB but can't find them anywhere, any one help me on this i would be eternally grateful.
Try Farnells or RS... If your existing clip is not latching properly get a magnifying glass and have a good look in the connector for debris. How's your soldering skills?.. the 40 way connector is bl00dy small!!
The Following User Says Thank You to dart16 For This Useful Post:
tonystablet (January 5th, 2012)
Old January 5th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Thanks for quick reply, the connector is totally busted and snapped away from the ribbon, so will have to replace ribbon and connector,, as for soldering it on, thought about that and may do as a last resort if i can find a Atom Microscope LOL , tried RS & farnells and will keep on looking! regards!
Old February 19th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

please let me know, I'm in same situation, in need of this cable.
Old March 7th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

still looking

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3