Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Google

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default Deep Web / Dark Web / Hidden Web

Any brave souls here that knows what a web site/page with a ".onion" extension likely knows TOR and knows that most of that which exists on the Internet cannot be indexed by Mr. Google, therefore, it is hidden from most people.

Any brave souls travel the dark waters known as the deep web?

Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
OrlandoFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 26
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

http://www.google.com/search?q=download+filetype%3Aonion
OrlandoFL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoFL View Post
Not really the same. And you need a TOR browser (or access using TorVPN) in order to access, anyway.

Like I said, Google will not help you much.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
CrackBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 338
 
Device(s): Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy S2 (t-mobile)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 98
Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
Default

No, never have, but how do you know where to go? You just start typing in random search terms or what?
CrackBaby is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chemist
 
h4x0rj3ff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,549
 
Device(s): SGS3 16GB - CM11 Nightlies, Nexus 7 16GB (2012) - CM10.2 Nightlies
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 494
Thanked 873 Times in 500 Posts
h4x0rj3ff@gmail.com
Default

just seen this post earlier today and i got to tell you the deep web is no place for children its a scary place out there. i was scared to click some links because of where they went (or where i thought they went)
__________________
[SIGPIC]Hi Everyone!!![/SIGPIC]
h4x0rj3ff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Ricky Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Laguna Beach
Gender: Male
Posts: 140
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 7
Thanked 64 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x0rj3ff View Post
just seen this post earlier today and i got to tell you the deep web is no place for children its a scary place out there. i was scared to click some links because of where they went (or where i thought they went)
Do tell, can you give us any examples?
Ricky Babalu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Chemist
 
h4x0rj3ff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,549
 
Device(s): SGS3 16GB - CM11 Nightlies, Nexus 7 16GB (2012) - CM10.2 Nightlies
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 494
Thanked 873 Times in 500 Posts
h4x0rj3ff@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
Do tell, can you give us any examples?
there were alot of illegal sites, conspiracy, alien stuff, stuff like that.
h4x0rj3ff is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to h4x0rj3ff For This Useful Post:
Ricky Babalu (March 10th, 2013)
Old March 10th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
Do tell, can you give us any examples?
I can. Lots of drug sales. Acid, coke, meth, magic mushrooms and the like. Lots of precursor chemicals and cocaine. All paid for with BitCoin. People advertising funded PayPal accounts, ads for hired killers (grain of salt time) hacking stuff, truly horrific porn (I will not begin to describe it, use your imagination) Serious hackers that apparently will go after you if you become a bother. Plenty of movies before they are released.

Lots of stuff.

TOR manages to hide your identity and when you incorporate payment by BitCoin, people become bolder in their dealings. Found a site the other day operated by someone who custom steals products from retail stores. About all he has for sale is a few used items and some crap nobody likely wants. Perhaps a scam, but one would think he would offer iPads and the like.

I would post screen shots, but I might be taken to task by a mod. Lets just say, lots of ways to get into trouble, so I advise look bot no see. You never know which three letter government agency is behind the bad stuff.

On the good side, lots of complex data and things to look at if you want to look for it.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Maxey For This Useful Post:
Ricky Babalu (March 10th, 2013)
Old March 10th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Ricky Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Laguna Beach
Gender: Male
Posts: 140
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 7
Thanked 64 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
I can. Lots of drug sales. Acid, coke, meth, magic mushrooms and the like. Lots of precursor chemicals and cocaine. All paid for with BitCoin. People advertising funded PayPal accounts, ads for hired killers (grain of salt time) hacking stuff, truly horrific porn (I will not begin to describe it, use your imagination) Serious hackers that apparently will go after you if you become a bother. Plenty of movies before they are released.

Lots of stuff.

TOR manages to hide your identity and when you incorporate payment by BitCoin, people become bolder in their dealings. Found a site the other day operated by someone who custom steals products from retail stores. About all he has for sale is a few used items and some crap nobody likely wants. Perhaps a scam, but one would think he would offer iPads and the like.

I would post screen shots, but I might be taken to task by a mod. Lets just say, lots of ways to get into trouble, so I advise look bot no see. You never know which three letter government agency is behind the bad stuff.

On the good side, lots of complex data and things to look at if you want to look for it.
Wow, had no idea. Not for me! Thanks for the enlightenment!
Ricky Babalu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Bob Maxey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,837
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 811 Times in 641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
Wow, had no idea. Not for me! Thanks for the enlightenment!
Not so fast. Considering just how big the hidden web is, and considering that the bad stuff is a tiny part of it all, you should at least learn your way around.

Lots to discover that Google will never tell you about.
Bob Maxey is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Ricky Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Laguna Beach
Gender: Male
Posts: 140
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 7
Thanked 64 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxey View Post
Not so fast. Considering just how big the hidden web is, and considering that the bad stuff is a tiny part of it all, you should at least learn your way around. How does one do this?

Lots to discover that Google will never tell you about. For example?
Edit*****Found a lot of info: "TOR" onion.jpg
Ricky Babalu is offline  
Last edited by Ricky Babalu; March 12th, 2013 at 12:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Google
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.