November 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42
Join Date: Dec 2009
Device(s): SGS3, Nexus 7, HTC Desire HD, HTC Hero (GSM)
Thanked 7,094 Times in 3,794 Posts
Partitioning means dividing your card up into different sections. Each section can act separately to the others, so you make one partition for apps and one for your normal files.
Did you use the amon ra recovery menu to put villain 12 on? If so,
- Backup all of your sdcard's files to your pc.
- Boot to the recovery menu
- Hit parition sdcard and then partition sd.
- Once you've hit home it will ask you for three values (which are the sizes the partitions you're making).
- 'Ext' is the amount of space dedicated to apps. 500MB is probably enough, but it's up to you.
- Set 'SWAP' to 0MB; you don't need one.
- The rest of the card will be turned into a 'FAT' partition. This is the normal part of the card where your files will go.
- Reboot and apps2sd should kick in.
- Transfer your files back to your card.