August 7th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marazion, Cornwall
Device(s): HTC Hero (GSM)
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unable to change ROM problem (own fault)
Hi everyone, but particularly Slug I think...
About 6 months ago I was trying to change my ROM (done it many times using clockword Mod & Nandroid) when I accidentally used a ROM designed for HERO CDMA. It half installed and I'm now left with a very sluggish error ridden phone. To make it easier to show the problems, I'll bullet them...
- It shows as rooted, but then revokes privileges when it feels like, so I can't actually install anything through ROM MANAGER.
- WI-FI doesn't work.
- Anything to do with network settings causes an error, so changes can't be made.
- HTC SYNC does not find it when connected via USB.
- USB connection does not allow access to SD card.
- trying to install an RUU does not find the phone
- Starting into HBOOT i get:
- Using CMD with SDK i get as far as
- adb push recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-hero.img /data/local/
adb push flash_image /data/local/
- wwhen I try to adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/flash_image I get a Segmentation Error.
I've had a look at another post from March 4th 2011 by sjadja (I'm unable to link as a newbie) and tried the suggestions with no joy.
If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to chuck their hat in the ring.
Many Thanks Mike