September 18th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Device(s): HP TouchPad,
Samsung Galaxy Note II,
Dell Venue 11 Pro
Thanked 1,810 Times in 1,403 Posts
Updating to Preware 1.8.3
Preware has changed. The OC kernels are now in the beta feeds and the alpha feeds probably aren't needed for anyone but developers. Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
I'm not going to get into how to install the webOS SDK. That's covered pretty good by the tweaking threads I have in the stickies. Maybe I'll update this later with that info.
you already have the SDK installed and want to install/update Preware.
- Uninstall Preware.
- Plug your TP into your computer's USB port. Do NOT enable USB mode.
- Open webOSQuickInstall.jar file you downloaded previously.
- If webOS Quick Install can't see your TP you may need to turn on Developer mode. If you don't have an icon for that, you can turn it on, just tap on the "just type" box on your touchpad and type:
- Click "Tools" menu at the top and select Linux CommandLine
- Copy and paste (right-click... paste... press enter) in the command window from Testing feeds website
- Close your command window.
- Click the globe icon on the right in webOS Quick Install.
- Click the Applications tab on the top, and search for Preware. Install 1.8.3 (or greater)
- Close Quick Install
- Eject your webOS device (Safely remove HW/Eject media by clock in Windows).
Now, open Preware and tap the top left menu and select "manage feeds". Turn on all feeds that interest you.
Last edited by colchiro; November 9th, 2011 at 05:30 PM.
Reason: Removed specific code so I don't get spanked.