Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Amaze 4G

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By xXchrizhurtyXx
  • 1 Post By xXchrizhurtyXx

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default HTC Amaze 4G Android Upgrade

I have bought new HTC Amaze one week back from Karachi, Pakistan under Brightex Warranty. I m unable to update it's android version i-e 2.3.4 to 4.0 ICS. I search about this issue on internet and found that Non T-Mobile Amaze are not yet receiving updates. But there were some link to install Manual updates. I m in a doubt that If I do so, will my warranty be void? Please help

salman_90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 11th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
xXchrizhurtyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 475
 
Device(s): Tmobile Galaxy S4 (Current), Galaxy Note 2 (girlfriend's now), HTC Amaze 4G (x), Samsung Galaxy S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 62
Thanked 211 Times in 159 Posts
hurtado.christian13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman_90 View Post
I have bought new HTC Amaze one week back from Karachi, Pakistan under Brightex Warranty. I m unable to update it's android version i-e 2.3.4 to 4.0 ICS. I search about this issue on internet and found that Non T-Mobile Amaze are not yet receiving updates. But there were some link to install Manual updates. I m in a doubt that If I do so, will my warranty be void? Please help
Yes your warranty would be void because the only way to update to 4.0.3 is to Super-CID your device, which requires s-off first.
If you want to continue with this, just let me know and ill gladly guide you through it.
__________________
If I Helped you in ANY way. Please click the Thanks Button!!!!
Current Device: SGH-M919 (T-Mobile S4)
If you dont have a cloud storage i suggest getting one and maybe even using this link http://mfi.re/?mm3up4t

xXchrizhurtyXx is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xXchrizhurtyXx For This Useful Post:
tube517 (February 11th, 2013)
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Then I should wait for official upgrade. I guess that would be better for me.
salman_90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
xXchrizhurtyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 475
 
Device(s): Tmobile Galaxy S4 (Current), Galaxy Note 2 (girlfriend's now), HTC Amaze 4G (x), Samsung Galaxy S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 62
Thanked 211 Times in 159 Posts
hurtado.christian13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman_90 View Post
Then I should wait for official upgrade. I guess that would be better for me.
im not sure that the Amaze will ever be updated again.
its like an abandoned phone to HTC and i dont think they care about it.
But who knows, they could suprise us.
tube517 likes this.
xXchrizhurtyXx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
tube517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 2,154
 
Device(s): Samsung GTab 3 7.0,Samsung GNote2 (i317),EVO 4G, Toshiba Thrive, Galaxy Note LTE,EVO Shift
Carrier: T-Mobile,Google Voice

Thanks: 1,828
Thanked 834 Times in 546 Posts
Default Re: HTC Amaze 4G Android Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXchrizhurtyXx View Post
im not sure that the Amaze will ever be updated again.
its like an abandoned phone to HTC and i dont think they care about it.
But who knows, they could suprise us.
It is a shame too because it is a great phone so I gave my galaxy nexus to my wife
__________________
Samsung Tab 3 (7 in) • Deletrious ROM V1.6 /TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM 4.1.2/Samsung Galaxy Note2 • Temasek v37 kitkat (4.4.2)/HTC EVO 4G • Decks Reloaded ROM/EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM/Samsung Galaxy Note I (i717)•CM11 (4.4.2 kitkat) /Samsung Galaxy S3 •DanKang 4.3.1 ROM
tube517 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
SuperAfnan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A yellow house
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,090
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T unlocked on T-mobile), HTC Amaze 4g (Unlocked, T-mobile), HTC EVO V 4g
Carrier: T-mobile

Thanks: 243
Thanked 200 Times in 166 Posts
Default Re: HTC Amaze 4G Android Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXchrizhurtyXx View Post
im not sure that the Amaze will ever be updated again.
its like an abandoned phone to HTC and i dont think they care about it.
But who knows, they could suprise us.




Quote:
Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
It is a shame too because it is a great phone so I gave my galaxy nexus to my wife
This phone has been completely discontinued. There is no way HTC would update it. On htc's website its like it never existed...
__________________
Use this if you want a dropbox account. We will both get extra storage if you use it while registering.
http://db.tt/5dIMndQi
SuperAfnan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
SuperAfnan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A yellow house
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,090
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T unlocked on T-mobile), HTC Amaze 4g (Unlocked, T-mobile), HTC EVO V 4g
Carrier: T-mobile

Thanks: 243
Thanked 200 Times in 166 Posts
Default Re: HTC Amaze 4G Android Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman_90 View Post
I have bought new HTC Amaze one week back from Karachi, Pakistan under Brightex Warranty. I m unable to update it's android version i-e 2.3.4 to 4.0 ICS. I search about this issue on internet and found that Non T-Mobile Amaze are not yet receiving updates. But there were some link to install Manual updates. I m in a doubt that If I do so, will my warranty be void? Please help


Quote:
Originally Posted by xXchrizhurtyXx View Post
Yes your warranty would be void because the only way to update to 4.0.3 is to Super-CID your device, which requires s-off first.
If you want to continue with this, just let me know and ill gladly guide you through it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salman_90 View Post
Then I should wait for official upgrade. I guess that would be better for me.
If you are tech savvy, you can do the root s off, and super Cid. If you ever need to send it in for repair there is a way to make it show "locked " instead of "jbear" or "unlocked". I think scotty made a guide on xda (or was it Dexter)?
SuperAfnan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
xXchrizhurtyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 475
 
Device(s): Tmobile Galaxy S4 (Current), Galaxy Note 2 (girlfriend's now), HTC Amaze 4G (x), Samsung Galaxy S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 62
Thanked 211 Times in 159 Posts
hurtado.christian13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAfnan View Post
If you are tech savvy, you can do the root s off, and super Cid. If you ever need to send it in for repair there is a way to make it show "locked " instead of "jbear" or "unlocked". I think scotty made a guide on xda (or was it Dexter)?
On XDA some guy name aj made a guide, which i stickied in the general section i believe, showing how to upgrade if you have an international/asian amaze 4g.
ChromeJob likes this.
xXchrizhurtyXx is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xXchrizhurtyXx For This Useful Post:
SuperAfnan (March 13th, 2013), tube517 (March 13th, 2013)
Old April 17th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Can anyone here guide me to update my HTC Amaze to ICS? I m ready to end-up with warranty. But i cant use GB any more. I got this link from one of my friend. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2167596

Need help regarding update..
salman_90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
xXchrizhurtyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 475
 
Device(s): Tmobile Galaxy S4 (Current), Galaxy Note 2 (girlfriend's now), HTC Amaze 4G (x), Samsung Galaxy S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 62
Thanked 211 Times in 159 Posts
hurtado.christian13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman_90 View Post
Can anyone here guide me to update my HTC Amaze to ICS? I m ready to end-up with warranty. But i cant use GB any more. I got this link from one of my friend. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2167596

Need help regarding update..
What do you need help with? All the steps are there.
xXchrizhurtyXx is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 20th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: india
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
 
Device(s): Htc amaze 4g
Carrier: tata docomo

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default upgrade htc amaze 4g to ics

I just bought a new htc amaze asian version, it doesnt hav t-mobile logo on its top right corner... I want to upgrade it to ics... I know it would need to s-off n superCID... But i dont know how to do that... Plzz help me..
pradyumna l is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
xXchrizhurtyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 475
 
Device(s): Tmobile Galaxy S4 (Current), Galaxy Note 2 (girlfriend's now), HTC Amaze 4G (x), Samsung Galaxy S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 62
Thanked 211 Times in 159 Posts
hurtado.christian13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyumna l View Post
I just bought a new htc amaze asian version, it doesnt hav t-mobile logo on its top right corner... I want to upgrade it to ics... I know it would need to s-off n superCID... But i dont know how to do that... Plzz help me..
Here you go dude!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2167596
Everything you'll need to know!!
xXchrizhurtyXx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 02:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to abubaker007
Default

My warranty has been void, now please can you tell me how to upgrade my phone safely?? And will my phone work properly after upgrading it?
abubaker007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 03:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
xXchrizhurtyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 475
 
Device(s): Tmobile Galaxy S4 (Current), Galaxy Note 2 (girlfriend's now), HTC Amaze 4G (x), Samsung Galaxy S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 62
Thanked 211 Times in 159 Posts
hurtado.christian13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubaker007 View Post
My warranty has been void, now please can you tell me how to upgrade my phone safely?? And will my phone work properly after upgrading it?
Same thread as above lol.
It should be safe unless you don't know what your doing.
xXchrizhurtyXx is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xXchrizhurtyXx For This Useful Post:
tube517 (January 22nd, 2014)
Reply

HTC Amaze 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

T-Mobile is marketing the HTC Amaze 4G as a picture taking powerhouse, calling it "the most advanced camera of any smartphone". Along with an 8MP rear camera and 2MP front-facing, the Amaze 4G can take 1080p HD videos, has zero shutter la... Read More

Tags
amaze 4g, android, htc, upgrade android 4


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Amaze 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.