Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Aria

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 20th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 54
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default weather widget

I have an Aria and a Samsung Captiate. I'd like to put the weather/clock widget on my Captivate. Does anyone know if it's available on the android markt, and if so where to get it?

jerkyboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 21st, 2011, 10:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 225
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkyboy View Post
I have an Aria and a Samsung Captiate. I'd like to put the weather/clock widget on my Captivate. Does anyone know if it's available on the android markt, and if so where to get it?
The weather widget relies on the HTC Sense UI, so you would not be able to load it on a Captivate. The Android Market does have a package called Beautiful Widgets which look like the HTC widgets, so that would be an option.
tpbklake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2011, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 49
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Not sure if this might be an option for you:

Miui Weather app for Android nice alternative for weather widget

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbklake View Post
The weather widget relies on the HTC Sense UI, so you would not be able to load it on a Captivate. The Android Market does have a package called Beautiful Widgets which look like the HTC widgets, so
that would be an option.
Droidized is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 54
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidized View Post
Not sure if this might be an option for you:

Miui Weather app for Android nice alternative for weather widget
I downloaded the app on my Captivate but for some reason it does not show up on my apps list. I can find it when I go to manage my applications but it does not seem to be a working app, what's the deal
jerkyboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 225
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkyboy View Post
I downloaded the app on my Captivate but for some reason it does not show up on my apps list. I can find it when I go to manage my applications but it does not seem to be a working app, what's the deal
Have you tried adding a new widget to your desktop? Maybe it is only a widget.
tpbklake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ENG, UK
Posts: 20
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
daveymartin69
Default

it probably will be a widget... in which case jerkyboy, u need to hold ur finger down on the home screen (in an empty space) until a menu appears on the screen > widgets > weather widget u installed.
Davey Boy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 04:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
MYFASTANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mira Loma, Ca
Gender: Male
Posts: 21
 
Device(s): Rooted Captivate Rooted HTC Magic HTC Inspire Galaxy S3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 9
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Wink

Fancy widget is also a viable alternative. I use this on both my HTC phone and my Captivate. Remember they are widgets...not applications. They need to be activated from the home screen by holding your finger down on an empty spot.
MYFASTANG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Aria
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Aria arrived as AT&T's second Android handset, though many more have come in its wake. The mid-range device packs the full Android experience into a small package with a style that only HTC could achieve. The Aria's 3.2-inch tou... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Aria
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.