February 5th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I was also struggling with this issue, however I managed to find an answer on the forum - unfortunately can't find it again now to give you a link to, so here is my brief explanation from what I read.
The poor contact picture quality issue is caused by your contacts syncing with Google. Google has a 96x96 maximum image size, so when you use a larger image and it gets sync'd it gets resized down, then resyncs back to your phone lowering the image quality.
Unfortunately there's no fix for this until google change their systems however there is a work around. For each contact who's image quality you want to increase (I did just the ones I ring regularly) do the following:
1. Create a new contact with type 'phone' (note not google)
2. Populate the name (suggest using -firstname -surname or similar)
3. Set the contact image to be the one you want
4. Save the new contact
5. Link the new contact to your existing contact
6. Go into edit contact image and select the phone image.
The contact will then have a high quality image.