Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Desire HD

New Forums: Nexus 6 | Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 10th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sense 3.0 for DHD on three now available!!

Just downloading as I type. Anyone else got the update? If it hasn't popped up do the check for updates and it should find it.

Just to add it's a big download 225mb!! make sure to use wifi if you got a limited data plan.

Anyways well done three for getting it out there!

Advertisements
rainmaker29 is offline  
Last edited by rainmaker29; January 10th, 2012 at 05:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2012, 05:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
turbo drinker
 
D-U-R-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Posts: 16,797
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 (Stock, rooted, 4.4.2), Nexus 7 1st Gen (Stock, rooted, 4.4.2)
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 11,368
Thanked 7,036 Times in 4,311 Posts
Default

Several members have started threads on the subject of the latest update - you might find it useful to have a look at the following thread Sense 3.0 Update - Known issues so far

Hopefully, you won't suffer, but it's better to know what the potential issues are!
__________________
See something that needs Mod attention? Hit and let us know
Free online storage @ Dropbox - use my link & we both get 500MB extra (when you install Dropbox)
D-U-R-X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks just installed it and trying it all out. Feels snappier moving around the home screens. Added some new widgets and movie rental service. No sign of bloatware, three tend to be good like that. No issues so far. Just feel an all round improvement since the update.
rainmaker29 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
turbo drinker
 
D-U-R-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Posts: 16,797
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 (Stock, rooted, 4.4.2), Nexus 7 1st Gen (Stock, rooted, 4.4.2)
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 11,368
Thanked 7,036 Times in 4,311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker29 View Post
Thanks just installed it and trying it all out. Feels snappier moving around the home screens. Added some new widgets and movie rental service. No sign of bloatware, three tend to be good like that. No issues so far. Just feel an all round improvement since the update.
Good... nice to hear that you don't appear to have had any issues with the update... could be that carriers have now worked out the bugs...
D-U-R-X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-U-R-X View Post
Good... nice to hear that you don't appear to have had any issues with the update... could be that carriers have now worked out the bugs...
Yes hopefully. Just made a call and answered one too, no problems to report. Same with the mobile data as I'm outside now and its all good. Bit like having a new phone. Like the New lock screen. This phone appears to run sense 3.0 just fine. I don't see why it couldnt handle ICS 4.0. A 1GHZ CPU is still plenty fast. The phone is snappier than ever. There's life in the old dog. Don't be so quick to bin it folks.
rainmaker29 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
turbo drinker
 
D-U-R-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Posts: 16,797
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 (Stock, rooted, 4.4.2), Nexus 7 1st Gen (Stock, rooted, 4.4.2)
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 11,368
Thanked 7,036 Times in 4,311 Posts
Default

I don't use HTC's Sense UI... I rooted a while ago and haven't looked back... there are already beta versions of ICS that run on the DHD, although the camera isn't working (everything else does though).

I would imagine that HTC will release ICS for the DHD... there are other (similar spec'd HTC devices) that are on the list to be getting it... I think it would be a mistake on their part to not release it for the DHD!
D-U-R-X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-U-R-X View Post
I don't use HTC's Sense UI... I rooted a while ago and haven't looked back... there are already beta versions of ICS that run on the DHD, although the camera isn't working (everything else does though).

I would imagine that HTC will release ICS for the DHD... there are other (similar spec'd HTC devices) that are on the list to be getting it... I think it would be a mistake on their part to not release it for the DHD!
still plenty of DHD users around. I've tried a few other replacements for sense but always found myself coming back to sense. To be fair 3.0 is as slick as it gets.
rainmaker29 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
turbo drinker
 
D-U-R-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Posts: 16,797
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 (Stock, rooted, 4.4.2), Nexus 7 1st Gen (Stock, rooted, 4.4.2)
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 11,368
Thanked 7,036 Times in 4,311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker29 View Post
still plenty of DHD users around. I've tried a few other replacements for sense but always found myself coming back to sense. To be fair 3.0 is as slick as it gets.
Yeah... Sense is ok, but I am rooted and now running Vanilla Android... I prefer it to Sense - each to their own, I guess!
D-U-R-X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Desire HD
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Desire HD is the big-screened successor to the HTC Desire, a device that took much of Europe by storm when launched in the spring of 2010. The Desire HD followed during fall of the same year, earning its title from a large 4.3-inch display,... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Desire HD
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.