Here's what I've tried and until now it still doesn't work:
1) Try different cables (I've tried my brother's and sisters HTC cables and none of them make a difference)
2) Tried different USB ports on my laptop, and other laptops as well, none of them can detect my phone, can only charge.
3) Tried my sister's HTC Inspire on my laptop and it works just fine.
4) Swapped SD cards w/ my sis and it detects on her phone but doesn't detect on mine. Using this method, I backed up my SD card contents.
5) Did a factory reset on my phone and still didn't work.
6) Formatted my SD card AND did another factory reset on my phone and still didn't work. I tried immediately after the format so I didn't have any unnecessary apps installed like a Task Manager
7) USB Debugging is checked, Ask Me is checked and it's set on Disk Drive, nothing comes up at all on my computer when I plug it in, it only charges. Doesn't prompt on my HTC or on my computer for ANYTHING AT ALL.
It used to work just fine for months but all of a sudden just stopped working. I can access my SD Card just fine on the phone using ASTRO File Manager and in the storage section it says the SD card is mounted. My sis' inspire says SD & Storage in the Settings menu, but my phone just says Storage, even when the SD card is mounted.
This has been bothering me for SO long and I've searched everywhere. How can I fix this?? It's driving me nuts!