Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Desire Z

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up Desire Z is gewd!

Just wanted to say that, I bought a Desire Z just over a week ago, and I am pretty happy with my purchase. I was on the Hero beforehand, and maybe that's why, but I don't have any real complaints.

It's much faster, I got the 2.3 updated OTA as soon as I turned it on, and didn't hesitate to install it as I wanted to have the latest and the best! And no issues to report so far, and hopefully it'll stay that way.

The physical keyboard doesn't seem as great as that of the HTC Kaiser which was my other previous phone, but that may be because I got used to that.

The only peculiar thing that happens is that after I install an app, when I press home after the installation is complete, I get the white HTC screen, and then before the homepage loads I see the loading circle and a blank background. This is only for a few secs however, and I get my proper homepage and icons afterwards.

I won't say anything bad about battery life because I am yet to see a smartphone that can really give you 1 day's usage if you're a heavy user of apps and internet (I'm a social media fanatic!). Thinking of getting one of those higher capacity batteries of eBay so will see... what do y'all think?

Finks is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Stuntman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,009
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC Desire Z, Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Keyboard Dock, Nokia N97
Carrier: Bell

Thanks: 208
Thanked 572 Times in 450 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finks View Post
The physical keyboard doesn't seem as great as that of the HTC Kaiser which was my other previous phone, but that may be because I got used to that.
All physical keyboards on phones are different. It will take some time getting use to it. I was using a Nokia N97 before and it took me a few weeks before I felt comfortable with it. Then I got the Desire Z and it took me a few week before I felt comfortable with it.

Quote:
The only peculiar thing that happens is that after I install an app, when I press home after the installation is complete, I get the white HTC screen, and then before the homepage loads I see the loading circle and a blank background. This is only for a few secs however, and I get my proper homepage and icons afterwards.
This happens to me occasionally. Most of the time, the home screen appears instantly.

Quote:
I won't say anything bad about battery life because I am yet to see a smartphone that can really give you 1 day's usage if you're a heavy user of apps and internet (I'm a social media fanatic!). Thinking of getting one of those higher capacity batteries of eBay so will see... what do y'all think?
I find that the more fun it is to use a phone, the worse the battery life. If you want a phone that has a good battery life, get a crappy phone. The battery will last a long time because the phone is so crappy, you don't really want to use it that much.
__________________
<\
\>tuntman
Stuntman is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stuntman For This Useful Post:
Finks (December 9th, 2011)
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hiding behind a mystery
 
Roze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where the Sakura grows
Posts: 9,847
 
Device(s): Moto Atrix [lovin'] Nexus One [Lost] LG Vu [Lost]
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 809
Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finks View Post
Just wanted to say that, I bought a Desire Z just over a week ago, and I am pretty happy with my purchase.
That's great to hear that you're happy with your DZ

Quote:
It's much faster, I got the 2.3 updated OTA as soon as I turned it on, and didn't hesitate to install it as I wanted to have the latest and the best! And no issues to report so far, and hopefully it'll stay that way.
I just love when that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post

I find that the more fun it is to use a phone, the worse the battery life. If you want a phone that has a good battery life, get a crappy phone. The battery will last a long time because the phone is so crappy, you don't really want to use it that much.
That is very much true. Though those phones do have some good call quality lol
__________________
Sign up with Dropbox using my referral and get an additional 1/2GB on top of the 2GB you get for signing up http://db.tt/YbULMZX

Many thanks,
Roze
Roze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
julianne791's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Gender: Female
Posts: 134
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Rooted)
Carrier: Telstra

Thanks: 3
Thanked 48 Times in 32 Posts
Default

I just got DZ delievered today and im loving it
__________________
Proud Whovian
http://www.facebook.com/jules.chalmers
julianne791 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I got this month over 5 months ago and by God I think its the best thing around....and seriously i've used the galaxy samsung 2 aswell....but im sooooo not a touchscreen typist (hate it)...i love the qwert slide pad! I guess the newer phones have faster processors and better screen resolution etc etc..but who cares!!

About pressing the HOME button and the phone reloading everytime....

I don't know if this is the solution since im no techie but i downloaded an app called "Fast reboot"...once triggered it reboots the system in seconds....since i've had this app, though i did not download it to find a remedy to the problem, now everytime i start my day i reboot the phone using the app and the problem disappears.

Please note the problem is not cured, the issue does re-appear every now and then and i fast reboot again to apply the temporary fix and it starts working smoothly again....try it...and drop your comments!!

(p.s. if anyone has a permanent fix to the problem PLEASE DO SHAREEE!!!!!!)

OH and the FAST REBOOT app im using is free from the android app market...there is also a FAST REBOOT PRO costing around 0.99....haven't really bothered with the paid one...try the free app!!!
HTC_DesireZ is offline  
Last edited by Roze; October 18th, 2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Desire Z
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Desire Z is another phone in HTC's Desire line up. It sports a 3.7 inch screen, a 5 MP camera with autofocus and LED flash, 1.5 GB of internal space for apps, and a full QWERTY slide out keyboard. tt's a Sense device and was the fir... Read More

Tags
desire z; good; battery


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Desire Z
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.