Merry Chrsitmas, I'm hopying that somebody can help cheer me up for the festivities.
I have an HTC Desire A1818. I dropped the phone and although everything appears to work; the screen had a white line. I therefore changed the LCD - a big mistake as now the phone won't recognise the charger and the touchscreen doesn't work. On hard reset I get the error Touch screen: fail.
I have changed the touch screen but it had made no difference.
I have a few questions:
- If the LCD screen is faulty can that stop the touchscreen from working?
- When rebooting the screen looks fine - if I put a LCD instead of a Amoled display by mistake would the LCD still work?
- Where is the CPU on the Desire?
- It looks like it could be the LCD board; is there anything anybody suggest to check this board?
- Could this be a software fault?
BTW, when I plug the USB cable into the phone it recognises it on the PC, and HTC Sync works!
Please help it is driving me made and costing me loads.
Really apprecaite some help. thanks.