I've ordered a 16GB SD card to replace the 4GB SD card that T-Mobile supplied. Obviously, there are files already on the SD card, so what I intend to do is:
1) Connect the Desire to my PC and copy all the files to a temporary folder.
2) Disconnect the Desire.
3) Unmount the SD Card and turn the Desire off.
4) Remove the existing SD card.
5) Insert the new SD card.
6) Turn the Desire back on (not sure whether I need to mount the SD card again).
7) Connect the Desire to my PC.
8) Copy all the files from the temporary folder to the new SD card.
This makes sense, but I'm just concerned that it might mess up any applications before I've copied the files onto the new SD card. I don't have a card reader, so can't copy the files before inserting it.
I've just read Upgrade sdcard howto - Android Forums
and it seems to agree with my procedure.
Does anybody have any other ideas? I don't want to break my lovely Desire.
Thanks in advance.