Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid DNA

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 100
 
Device(s): NEXUS 5!
Carrier: Bye verizon, Hello tmobile

Thanks: 44
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Default Safe mode?

i just got done charging my phone while the phone was off and now when it booted up it now says Safe Mode in the bottom left corner. i turned it off and on twice still there. How did this happen and how can i put it back into normal mode?
Aslo most of my downloaded apps are gone. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hardstyle is offline  
Last edited by Hardstyle; December 1st, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 100
 
Device(s): NEXUS 5!
Carrier: Bye verizon, Hello tmobile

Thanks: 44
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Default

well i restarted the phone but after it powered down and before it started to boot up i was holding down both volume bottoms and when it booted up it was back to normal and my apps reappeared.
Hardstyle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 06:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
victek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 381
 
Device(s): HTC Droid DNA
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 46 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardstyle View Post
i just got done charging my phone while the phone was off and now when it booted up it now says Safe Mode in the bottom left corner. i turned it off and on twice still there. How did this happen and how can i put it back into normal mode?
Aslo most of my downloaded apps are gone. Has this happened to anyone else?
I didn't know you could boot an Android phone into SAFE mode, but it sounds like Windows, ie it loads a minimum set of drivers with no third party apps. It would be interesting to find out how to do it intentionally
victek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2012, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,312
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,496
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardstyle View Post
well i restarted the phone but after it powered down and before it started to boot up i was holding down both volume bottoms and when it booted up it was back to normal and my apps reappeared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by victek View Post
I didn't know you could boot an Android phone into SAFE mode, but it sounds like Windows, ie it loads a minimum set of drivers with no third party apps. It would be interesting to find out how to do it intentionally
I think what he did, both volume buttons and the power button is how to get into it. (and out of it)

safe mode has been around for a while on android but it is a little different on each phone I believe
NightAngel79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC DROID DNA
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

HTC has broken the boundaries again with the DROID DNA. This 5-inch behemoth comes to compete directly with the Galaxy Note 2, but what gives it the edge over the popular Samsung device? Well, this guy has a full HD 1080p display. Mix that with a p... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid DNA
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.