Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid DNA

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 9th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): Droid DNA
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Screen flickers and turns dark in camera mode

I got my Droid DNA a week ago and as I was trying out the camera last night, the screen faded out and turned into a bunch of lines and just froze there. Pressing the hard buttons didn't work but when I turned the screen off and turned it back on, everything was fine. It only happened 2-3 times when I shot the camera under 4:3 ratio instead of 16:9 (widescreen). The screen froze when I went to gallery from camera. I actually tried to take a screenshot when the screen froze but when I looked back at the screenshot, it was normal as if I took a screenshot when using my camera.
I have set the ratio back to 16:9 and been using the camera for an hour today without any issues.

This is the best I could describe and I was just wondering if any of you guys have encountered this problem before.

Thanks

msg7529 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 10th, 2013, 06:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lou61166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Posts: 532
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound HTC Droid DNA
Carrier: Verizon/Verizon Fios Quantum 75/35

Thanks: 7
Thanked 56 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg7529 View Post
I got my Droid DNA a week ago and as I was trying out the camera last night, the screen faded out and turned into a bunch of lines and just froze there. Pressing the hard buttons didn't work but when I turned the screen off and turned it back on, everything was fine. It only happened 2-3 times when I shot the camera under 4:3 ratio instead of 16:9 (widescreen). The screen froze when I went to gallery from camera. I actually tried to take a screenshot when the screen froze but when I looked back at the screenshot, it was normal as if I took a screenshot when using my camera.
I have set the ratio back to 16:9 and been using the camera for an hour today without any issues.

This is the best I could describe and I was just wondering if any of you guys have encountered this problem before.

Thanks
Never had any issues like this,i would contact Verizon for a replacement.
lou61166 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): Droid DNA
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
Never had any issues like this,i would contact Verizon for a replacement.
Could this be a software or hardware problem though? I feel like if it's a camera glitch or something an update can probably fix it.
msg7529 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lou61166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Posts: 532
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound HTC Droid DNA
Carrier: Verizon/Verizon Fios Quantum 75/35

Thanks: 7
Thanked 56 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg7529 View Post
Could this be a software or hardware problem though? I feel like if it's a camera glitch or something an update can probably fix it.
Seeing i am not seeing a trend of posts stating your problem,in my opinion it is isolated. you could try a factory reset,and then request a replacement if the issue continues.
lou61166 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 03:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): Droid DNA
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
Seeing i am not seeing a trend of posts stating your problem,in my opinion it is isolated. you could try a factory reset,and then request a replacement if the issue continues.
Droid DNA Weird Camera Glitch **SOLVED** - YouTube

I found this online and that is exactly what happened. It seems like some people have encountered this problem too only under some weird circumstances...
msg7529 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC DROID DNA
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

HTC has broken the boundaries again with the DROID DNA. This 5-inch behemoth comes to compete directly with the Galaxy Note 2, but what gives it the edge over the popular Samsung device? Well, this guy has a full HD 1080p display. Mix that with a p... Read More

Tags
camera, screen fading, screen freeze


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid DNA
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.