Frickin' frustated! Surely somebody here has ran into the same problems.
Here is what I have done:
1) I shut my internet off because I tether. Thought I would be able to share the connection to my PS3.
2) I have everything setup to share a connection on my PC (Vista). And have a Cat 5 or 6 crossover into the PS3, and into the back of my PC.
3) I go through my internet connection settings, manually putting in all of my addresses. I.P., DNS, Gateway, etc. (If I use automatic setup on PS3 it does not find the IP)
4) I can get my PS3 to recognize the IP and get an internet connection, but no PSN connection. Now I can't even get an internet connection. I have followed tutorials and youtube vids, etc, but it seems like there is not a way to get my PS3 to recognize the connection. Now I get DNS errors.
5) I want to bang my head on the floor, and repeat as necessary.
This is as frustrating as the leak root method, pull card, insert card, stand on one leg, drink a beer