Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Eris

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 5th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 189
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default Download History?

Is there any way to get a history of what I've downloaded in the past? When I had a Droid, I had downloaded a few apps, but now with my Eris (configured to the same gmail account), I'd like to see what I had previously downloaded on the Droid.

Thanks,
Doc

DocTauri is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 5th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
jamezelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newton Falls, OH
Posts: 161
 
Device(s): HTC Vogue -ANDROID HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 15 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocTauri View Post
Is there any way to get a history of what I've downloaded in the past? When I had a Droid, I had downloaded a few apps, but now with my Eris (configured to the same gmail account), I'd like to see what I had previously downloaded on the Droid.

Thanks,
Doc
nah.......i'm pretty sure there isnt....
jamezelle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 189
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default

And they could so easily rectify that by simply sending an email to your gmail account when an app is downloaded.

Thanks,
Doc
DocTauri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Friendly Undead
 
OfTheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 9,696
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3,714
Thanked 8,839 Times in 3,067 Posts
Default

You are should be able to just go into the market and view my downloads. Does that not work when you change OS? I understood that to be connected to you gmail account.
__________________
Site Rules and Guidelines - Learn them, live them and love them.

Does a post have your blood boiling? Make a instead of a retort.
OfTheDamned is offline  
Last edited by OfTheDamned; February 5th, 2010 at 09:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DDustiNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 580
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 63 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfTheDamned View Post
You are should be able to just go into the market and view my downloads. Does that not work when you change OS? I understood that to be connected to you gmail account.
I would think so too, but I had to do a hard reset today and my list disappeared. It showed everything there at first, but then after I downloaded the first app, I went back and the list was empty. Now it only showed that one app. Very annoying having to try to remember everything I had, search for it, etc... boooooooooooooooo
DDustiNN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Friendly Undead
 
OfTheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 9,696
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3,714
Thanked 8,839 Times in 3,067 Posts
Default

Well that just sucks. Good thing I have backed up all my paid apps.
OfTheDamned is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,644
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 758 Times in 377 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfTheDamned View Post
Well that just sucks. Good thing I have backed up all my paid apps.
OTD, how do you do that - back up paid apps?

eu1
erisuser1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Friendly Undead
 
OfTheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 9,696
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3,714
Thanked 8,839 Times in 3,067 Posts
Default

Many file managers will do this. I back them up when I get updates for each app, just in case the updated app doesn't work right on my phone. You can save them to the sd card. You do not get updates if you have to reinstall them though, which is a pain. I had to contact a developer to replace one that I had a problem with.
OfTheDamned is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,644
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 758 Times in 377 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfTheDamned View Post
Many file managers will do this. I back them up when I get updates for each app, just in case the updated app doesn't work right on my phone. You can save them to the sd card. You do not get updates if you have to reinstall them though, which is a pain. I had to contact a developer to replace one that I had a problem with.
Strange. I thought the only thing that stands between paid apps (their .apk files) and piracy is file-system protection offered by root user protection - which would mean that a file manager app would also have root privilege to be able to access anything in /data/app-private (or even /data for that matter).

Are you saying that you can see .apk files on your SD card on a non-rooted (Eris) phone that correspond to paid apps after you have performed a "backup" - or that you can see files inside of /data using a file manager or terminal on your Eris ?

eu1
erisuser1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
tdavis42
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

When I back-up my apps with ASTRO to my SD card it is like backing up a BB in that it turns it all to one file and is ASTRO app file type specific. So I can back-up apps wipe phone and reinstall apps with it. You do have to set the application manager to accept 3rd party apps and the history of downloads in Android Market is blank. Once you update the app though is is entered into your history. If you have to have them in your history then you can restore them, uninstall them and reinstall to get the market history filled in. Haven't found an easier way to refill history though.
The other nice thing about ASTRO is you can chose what apps you want backed-up and you can chose what apps you want reinstalled and still have the back-up of all the apps you originally backed-up. That is the way I do it. Back-up everything and then selectively reinstall apps that I want at that time.
 
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 6th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,644
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 758 Times in 377 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdavis42 View Post
When I back-up my apps with ASTRO to my SD card it is like backing up a BB in that it turns it all to one file and is ASTRO app file type specific. So I can back-up apps wipe phone and reinstall apps with it. You do have to set the application manager to accept 3rd party apps and the history of downloads in Android Market is blank. Once you update the app though is is entered into your history. If you have to have them in your history then you can restore them, uninstall them and reinstall to get the market history filled in. Haven't found an easier way to refill history though.
The other nice thing about ASTRO is you can chose what apps you want backed-up and you can chose what apps you want reinstalled and still have the back-up of all the apps you originally backed-up. That is the way I do it. Back-up everything and then selectively reinstall apps that I want at that time.
Hmmmm. Help menu in Astro itself seems to say otherwise.



Not trying to be cantankerous - just trying to figure out what works.

eu1
erisuser1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
tdavis42
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Well it looks like I don't own private apps doesn't it?

I also don't get all my apps from the Market either.
 
Last edited by tdavis42; February 6th, 2010 at 12:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Friendly Undead
 
OfTheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 9,696
 
Device(s): Droid Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3,714
Thanked 8,839 Times in 3,067 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erisuser1 View Post
Strange. I thought the only thing that stands between paid apps (their .apk files) and piracy is file-system protection offered by root user protection - which would mean that a file manager app would also have root privilege to be able to access anything in /data/app-private (or even /data for that matter).

Are you saying that you can see .apk files on your SD card on a non-rooted (Eris) phone that correspond to paid apps after you have performed a "backup" - or that you can see files inside of /data using a file manager or terminal on your Eris ?

eu1
Well, I was using AppManger and didn't have a problem backing anything up. It updated recently and I am now seeing "protected" next to several of my apps. Strange that it wasn't doing this before. It makes sense that this would be to avoid piracy. Oh well, I don't have that many paid apps to begin with so it isn't a big deal. App does work great for keeping a backup of my apps so I can downgrade in case of a problem though. I had to do that with the newer version of ringdroid.

EDIT: Was just looking through and noticed that some of my paid apps are listed as protected and some aren't. Speedforge 3D is paid and not listed as protected while weatherbug elite is. Also TV.com is now listed as protected, but it is free. I guess it depends on how the developers list them.

For those that just want to keep a list of the apps they download for future reference there is an app called App List that just keeps a list of all the apps you have/had on your phone. It stores the list on the SD card as a text file so you can read it later.
OfTheDamned is offline  
Last edited by OfTheDamned; February 6th, 2010 at 09:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2011, 12:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 106
 
Device(s): Voodoo Fascinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I know that this is an old thread but I just found it... Go to https://market.android.com/apps and login and most all of your current apps are there. I have a few that I can't find but 90% are there.
speedfreak is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speedfreak For This Useful Post:
Zerrick (July 15th, 2011)
Old February 4th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Anyone know how to delete download history?
Darkerspawn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Droid Eris
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Droid Eris launched for Verizon Wireless on November 6th in part as the carrier's first Android Phone. However it was overshadowed by the other member of the inaugural Verizon Droid duo - the Motorola Droid. The Droid Eris might look fa... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Eris
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.