Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Eris

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
tee00max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tee00max
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
lol, Yeah. Some users arent risk takers. My wife was adiment on me not going through with it. THen I told her, "Hell yeah I am!" and I ran from her as I was updating it so she couldn't stop me. rofl



Ditto
yo hows your battery life so far since you had it?

tee00max is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #52 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Matlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas!
Posts: 649
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 3D - SHIFT (Wife's)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 525 Times in 107 Posts
Matlock.Evo@gmail.com
Default

It's the same as with 1.5

Most battery issues were fixed, like Awake bug with the stock Messaging app. But I never had that problem.

But most battery issues are from Apps rather than the OS.
__________________
ROOTING FOR DUMMIES + MORE! (EVO 4G)
EVO 3D & EVO Shift (Wife's)
"The only dumb question is an unasked one!"

Follow me on: Twitter!
Matlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
tee00max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tee00max
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
It's the same as with 1.5

Most battery issues were fixed, like Awake bug with the stock Messaging app. But I never had that problem.

But most battery issues are from Apps rather than the OS.
yeah i guess i have to go through the condition of the battery stages...
tee00max is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #54 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Matlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas!
Posts: 649
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 3D - SHIFT (Wife's)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 525 Times in 107 Posts
Matlock.Evo@gmail.com
Default

From what I understand you shouldn't have to condition a Lithium-Ion battery. I did the conditioning and didn't notice any improvement. But, after a month without paying attention, my phone will last me three days with minimal use. Now if I go extreme and download stuff, surf the web, and play music and games.. a few hours. lol
Matlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
tee00max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tee00max
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
From what I understand you shouldn't have to condition a Lithium-Ion battery. I did the conditioning and didn't notice any improvement. But, after a month without paying attention, my phone will last me three days with minimal use. Now if I go extreme and download stuff, surf the web, and play music and games.. a few hours. lol
was that with the 1.5 or 2.1?
tee00max is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
iAndroiid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Rooted with Evil Eris 3.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee00max View Post
since i just got my Eris a couple hours ago I think I might just wait at least till the end of the month and see if the update comes out, and if its doesnt then I will go that route... i androiid keep me updated on how its working out for you.
Will do. I've had the Phone since Early December. Did a bunch of stuff with the phone already. Made it look exactly like the iPhone. Screwed it all up. Factory reset it. Downloaded well well over 100+ applications. Done a bunch of stuff with the phone already and will let you know exactly how I like the update after the weekend and then also after a week or so. I am focusing on the important applications this time. Not to just download everything out there like I first did with the phone. I already have a list of all my important or must have applications which I will maybe make a thread of 2.1 + must have applications and cool applications to impress your friends. I say focus on the main applications you must need to make the phone run more flawless just like before even when I had 1.5

I'll send you a pm if not just shoot me an e-mail at cheatman1@gmail.com to remind me. I'll let you know what's up and the status with me on the 2.1 update and exactly what I did and what applications I run and how flawless it is. I plan on downloading exactly what is needed knowing I read through all 20pages of the bug's thread and also searched around everywhere to figure out what is needed and what isn't needed or might not work correctly. Until then it's probably in my best interest to stop playing with the phone call my girlfriend back and wish her a good night. However, right after I get off the phone it will be right back to playing with this damn phone.
iAndroiid is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iAndroiid For This Useful Post:
tee00max (March 11th, 2010)
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
tee00max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tee00max
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAndroiid View Post
Will do. I've had the Phone since Early December. Did a bunch of stuff with the phone already. Made it look exactly like the iPhone. Screwed it all up. Factory reset it. Downloaded well well over 100+ applications. Done a bunch of stuff with the phone already and will let you know exactly how I like the update after the weekend and then also after a week or so. I am focusing on the important applications this time. Not to just download everything out there like I first did with the phone. I already have a list of all my important or must have applications which I will maybe make a thread of 2.1 + must have applications and cool applications to impress your friends. I say focus on the main applications you must need to make the phone run more flawless just like before even when I had 1.5

I'll send you a pm if not just shoot me an e-mail at cheatman1@gmail.com to remind me. I'll let you know what's up and the status with me on the 2.1 update and exactly what I did and what applications I run and how flawless it is. I plan on downloading exactly what is needed knowing I read through all 20pages of the bug's thread and also searched around everywhere to figure out what is needed and what isn't needed or might not work correctly. Until then it's probably in my best interest to stop playing with the phone call my girlfriend back and wish her a good night. However, right after I get off the phone it will be right back to playing with this damn phone.
haha good stuff man and thanks for the help bro, glad I left a great Blackberry community and jumping right back into what looks like another helpful one!
tee00max is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:43 PM   #58 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Matlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas!
Posts: 649
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 3D - SHIFT (Wife's)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 525 Times in 107 Posts
Matlock.Evo@gmail.com
Default

Both. The version of your ROM dosn't really effect the battery though unless there are unresolved bugs. Conditioning is purely the battery.
Matlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
tee00max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tee00max
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
Both. The version of your ROM dosn't really effect the battery though unless there are unresolved bugs. Conditioning is purely the battery.
ok cool cool, i use to have an HTC Touch pro but then went to blackberry and right before I got rid of the HTC i just started getting into custom roms and all that so i have to get my mind refreshed back on the droid/winmo OS
tee00max is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
iAndroiid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Rooted with Evil Eris 3.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
From what I understand you shouldn't have to condition a Lithium-Ion battery. I did the conditioning and didn't notice any improvement. But, after a month without paying attention, my phone will last me three days with minimal use. Now if I go extreme and download stuff, surf the web, and play music and games.. a few hours. lol
Correct. You should not have to condition a lithium ion battery. I however did after the first couple times I charged it let it run down all the way till it turned off then charged it all the way up and did that a total of 3 times. However, I personally do not think it is necessary or even does anything. It's almost more mental if anything. If someone tells you it helps and you gain something from it you almost start believing it if more people say it. It all depends on the usage and how smart you are with using the phone. If you leave 3g on all the time but don't need to sync mail or at work or don't have good service then turn 3g off and other things that are hogging down the battery. I noticed the phone was really a good battery saver after learning what to shut off by holding down the power button then the 5things come up "turn off phone" etc etc etc "turn on or off mobile aka 3g" if you learn how to turn things off once your done if you aren't sync'ing your mail all the time you can save the battery fairly easy. However, most bough this phone so they could use all the settings and features instead of having it be just another normal phone. In that being said you need to figure out what you want out of the phone. I know I leave home around 8am or 9'ish and don't get home until 8pm at night. All I need to do is have my phone last me that log before I get home to plug it in. At work I have an extra usb cable to charge just in case I am using it a lot more than normal but all the time I make sure I know how to make the phone last for me and the way I use it.
iAndroiid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:50 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
tee00max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tee00max
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAndroiid View Post
Correct. You should not have to condition a lithium ion battery. I however did after the first couple times I charged it let it run down all the way till it turned off then charged it all the way up and did that a total of 3 times. However, I personally do not think it is necessary or even does anything. It's almost more mental if anything. If someone tells you it helps and you gain something from it you almost start believing it if more people say it. It all depends on the usage and how smart you are with using the phone. If you leave 3g on all the time but don't need to sync mail or at work or don't have good service then turn 3g off and other things that are hogging down the battery. I noticed the phone was really a good battery saver after learning what to shut off by holding down the power button then the 5things come up "turn off phone" etc etc etc "turn on or off mobile aka 3g" if you learn how to turn things off once your done if you aren't sync'ing your mail all the time you can save the battery fairly easy. However, most bough this phone so they could use all the settings and features instead of having it be just another normal phone. In that being said you need to figure out what you want out of the phone. I know I leave home around 8am or 9'ish and don't get home until 8pm at night. All I need to do is have my phone last me that log before I get home to plug it in. At work I have an extra usb cable to charge just in case I am using it a lot more than normal but all the time I make sure I know how to make the phone last for me and the way I use it.
very understandable...
tee00max is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
iAndroiid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Rooted with Evil Eris 3.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

To: Matlock

I noticed you said to do *228 option 1 and also 2 after loading up 2.1

I however did not do ether. I didn't even call *228 or anything. I am going to go with out calling or with out turning the phone off for a couple days and see how the phone runs. I never turn off the phone unless there is a problem or it need to get a soft rest. If i notice the signal is crap or start to have problems I will do *228 1 and 2. However, until then I am not going to do anything or even turn off the phone unless needed which I will keep you all updated. I know you've all done it already but looking to help out other guys since for the past couple days I read through everything I could if it would be worth it to go to 2.1 and now that I have it am happy but then again it's only been a couple hours since I've had it.

Thanks again,
Chris

PS. Do a *22899. This will run through all the 228 options with no input required. I will do this instead of 228 1 and 2 instead if need be.
iAndroiid is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iAndroiid For This Useful Post:
Arcacial (March 12th, 2010)
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
tee00max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tee00max
Default

are you guys running any kind of Task manager or app killer?
tee00max is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
iAndroiid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Rooted with Evil Eris 3.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee00max View Post
are you guys running any kind of Task manager or app killer?
Not yet. I did on 1.5 even though certain people disagree and say you don't need I always found the phone lagging and starting to slow down and I would open up the task killer I used to see that I was down to 2x memory or 3x memory and realizing the phone was lagging because of this so I would kill certain applications to get back up to 5x memory. I'll keep you updated man. If you want you can pm and I'll give you my phone number since you sound pretty exited and tempted to download the 2.1 leaked version.
iAndroiid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:56 PM   #65 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Matlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas!
Posts: 649
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 3D - SHIFT (Wife's)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 525 Times in 107 Posts
Matlock.Evo@gmail.com
Default

Here are the main settings I use. I don't have to charge for a little over 30+ hours. And even then it's only close to 20-30% when I charge.

3G is on
GPS is on
WiFi is off
HTC Weather (Auto & every Hour)
Mobile Network is on
Google is Auto-Sync with Background Data (all three checked)
Location on
Matlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #66 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Matlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas!
Posts: 649
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 3D - SHIFT (Wife's)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 525 Times in 107 Posts
Matlock.Evo@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAndroiid View Post
To: Matlock

I noticed you said to do *228 option 1 and also 2 after loading up 2.1

I however did not do ether. I didn't even call *228 or anything. I am going to go with out calling or with out turning the phone off for a couple days and see how the phone runs. I never turn off the phone unless there is a problem or it need to get a soft rest. If i notice the signal is crap or start to have problems I will do *228 1 and 2. However, until then I am not going to do anything or even turn off the phone unless needed which I will ....
Very internesting. I didn't know that. I'm going to try that out and possibly change a little on the Tutorial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee00max View Post
are you guys running any kind of Task manager or app killer?
Nope. I learned it's a bad idea with the Linux engine. Linux works to keep it's system running smoothly without any Task Manager. I only use one if I get a force close loop or something similer.
Matlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
tee00max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tee00max
Default

ok then...right now I have Task manager. Guess ill see how it does.
tee00max is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
iAndroiid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Rooted with Evil Eris 3.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

To All:

Arguing/talking about how long your phone lasts is a dead conversation (pretty annoying for me as well). Some say they get 3hours and then the phone dies on a full charge while others say they get 40+ hours and some say they can get 70+ hours. It comes down to what battery your running. Your settings. The usage of the phone (How often you text/make phone calls/e-mail/play games/screen brightness/3g on/3g off/etc/etc). There are way too many combinations/applications/settings to try to compare battery life. I personally think all the phone needs to last for the average person is from the time they un-hook it from the charger in the morning (6am-9am for most users) till the time they get home (4pm-8pm for most users). Anything beyond that or battery life left is really un-needed because chances are your going to plug it back in and leave it charging over night and wake up and repeat that process. For myself I work 7days a week and have pretty much the same hours except on fri/sat/sun I don't really use the phone much at work so of course it's going to last a lot longer on those days while I am at work since I can't really check my phone (well I can but I am trying to take over my parents business so I'd like to set a good example and not use my cell phone so the other employee's might not use there own cell phones).
iAndroiid is offline  
Last edited by iAndroiid; March 11th, 2010 at 11:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 11:12 PM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
tee00max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tee00max
Default

Well thanks for the all help Matlock adn iandroiid...hitting the sheets but will be back up here tomorrow in full affect and doing some more researching!
tee00max is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
iAndroiid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Rooted with Evil Eris 3.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee00max View Post
Well thanks for the all help Matlock adn iandroiid...hitting the sheets but will be back up here tomorrow in full affect and doing some more researching!
I read through all the pages of the bug's thread by caddyman and honestly by page 11 I stopped reading every exact post and skimmed through it. I just couldn't take waiting any longer because I realized half the little bugs or problems people were having wouldn't even affect me or there is another app to get so you can word around the problem. I'll probably be one of those people saying I have absoulte no problems with the 2.1 update but then again I did all of my research and know not to run into the problems other had by working around the few little bugs the 2.1 leaked version has. I am off to bed as well since I have to wake up early tomorrow. Will still play with the phone in bed before I pass out. hahah

Night
iAndroiid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 12th, 2010, 12:41 AM   #71 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I had problems upgrading personaly. I followed the steps to the word and it didn't give me the option to upgrade. I'm dying to have 2.1 but I'm not very up on this whole installing new OS. When I restart the phone by pressing end and volume down, I don't get the option to do the upgrade. It gives me to options but, upgrading is not one of them. I've tried several times with the same outcome. If anyone has any advice, I'd be very grateful.
mike54937 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 04:22 AM   #72 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
chaos0422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: everett wa
Posts: 87
 
Device(s): rooted eris, with vanilla rom oc to 748 at 5.12 mflops
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I'm in the same boat... tried about 6 times now and the only option I get is to clear user data. I even tried vol. Up send and power, but got almost just as far.
chaos0422 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 04:43 AM   #73 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
chaos0422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: everett wa
Posts: 87
 
Device(s): rooted eris, with vanilla rom oc to 748 at 5.12 mflops
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

It turns out i was hitting more keys then I needed to be only hit vol. Down and power
chaos0422 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 06:28 AM   #74 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've been doinh the power/volume down and still no luck. I couldn't even tell tpi how many times I have tried. VEry frustrating. PLease help! I'm about to whip this damn thing at the wall!
mike54937 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #75 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Matlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas!
Posts: 649
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 3D - SHIFT (Wife's)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 525 Times in 107 Posts
Matlock.Evo@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54937 View Post
I've been doinh the power/volume down and still no luck. I couldn't even tell tpi how many times I have tried. VEry frustrating. PLease help! I'm about to whip this damn thing at the wall!
Where does the upgrade stop at when you try to perform the upgrade?
Matlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 08:45 AM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
iAndroiid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Rooted with Evil Eris 3.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54937 View Post
I've been doinh the power/volume down and still no luck. I couldn't even tell tpi how many times I have tried. VEry frustrating. PLease help! I'm about to whip this damn thing at the wall!
1. DO A FACTORY RESET FOR THE PHONE. Then Call *82282 (let it do it's thing it goes through all options all in one shot.

2. DELETE EVERYTHING OFF YOUR SD CARD

3. PUT THE FILE ON THE SD CARD (do not un-zip it; just download it and place it on the SD card by itself and no other folder should be on there)

4. TURN OFF THE PHONE

5. NOW THAT THE PHONE IS OFF. HOLD DOWN THE VOLUME DOWN BUTTON (KEEP IT HELD DOWN) AND NOW WHILE HOLDING THE DOWN VOLUME KEY HOLD THE POWER BUTTON (BOTTOM LEFT AND KEEP IT HELD DOWN). ONCE THE SCREEN LIGHTS UP RELEASE BOTH THE VOLUME DOWN KEY ON THE SIDE OF THE PHONE AND THE POWER BUTTON.

6. Let it do it's thing. watch the bar on the side start doing a bunch of things and loading. wait until something in red pops up and then you have to push the task ball in the middle right about HTC on the phone twice but just folllow the rest of his how to guide.

Let me know how that works. I am guessing you kept clicking down volume key and not holding it down? Good luck!
iAndroiid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
tee00max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tee00max
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAndroiid View Post
1. DO A FACTORY RESET FOR THE PHONE. Then Call *82282 (let it do it's thing it goes through all options all in one shot.

2. DELETE EVERYTHING OFF YOUR SD CARD

3. PUT THE FILE ON THE SD CARD (do not un-zip it; just download it and place it on the SD card by itself and no other folder should be on there)

4. TURN OFF THE PHONE

5. NOW THAT THE PHONE IS OFF. HOLD DOWN THE VOLUME DOWN BUTTON (KEEP IT HELD DOWN) AND NOW WHILE HOLDING THE DOWN VOLUME KEY HOLD THE POWER BUTTON (BOTTOM LEFT AND KEEP IT HELD DOWN). ONCE THE SCREEN LIGHTS UP RELEASE BOTH THE VOLUME DOWN KEY ON THE SIDE OF THE PHONE AND THE POWER BUTTON.

6. Let it do it's thing. watch the bar on the side start doing a bunch of things and loading. wait until something in red pops up and then you have to push the task ball in the middle right about HTC on the phone twice but just folllow the rest of his how to guide.

Let me know how that works. I am guessing you kept clicking down volume key and not holding it down? Good luck!
so this is the process you did to upgrade?
tee00max is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 08:55 AM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
iAndroiid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Rooted with Evil Eris 3.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee00max View Post
so this is the process you did to upgrade?
I just followed the directions on the first page. Off the top of my head I re-wrote it all because I am assuming he must be doing something wrong or skipping a step knowing 100+ maybe even more have 2.1 on there phones and he for some reason can't get it to work.
iAndroiid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #79 (permalink)
Member
 
tee00max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tee00max
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAndroiid View Post
I just followed the directions on the first page. Off the top of my head I re-wrote it all because I am assuming he must be doing something wrong or skipping a step knowing 100+ maybe even more have 2.1 on there phones and he for some reason can't get it to work.
ok so the restoring and backing up of apps and contacts and everything remain the same? I already have my phone synced up with the cpu with HTC Sync.
tee00max is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
iAndroiid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Rooted with Evil Eris 3.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee00max View Post
ok so the restoring and backing up of apps and contacts and everything remain the same? I already have my phone synced up with the cpu with HTC Sync.
yeah, just download the program from the first post in this thread by the OP. then backup all programs. put the backup or copy your sd card and put it on the desktop of your computer or somewhere incase you need it or to go back get programs or songs or whatever else you have saved on there. just read and follow the steps on the first page. it's pretty easy.
iAndroiid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:35 AM   #81 (permalink)
Member
 
tee00max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tee00max
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAndroiid View Post
yeah, just download the program from the first post in this thread by the OP. then backup all programs. put the backup or copy your sd card and put it on the desktop of your computer or somewhere incase you need it or to go back get programs or songs or whatever else you have saved on there. just read and follow the steps on the first page. it's pretty easy.
cool alright...
tee00max is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #82 (permalink)
Member
 
tee00max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 142
 
Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to tee00max
Default

think im going to go ahead and go for it! Any quick tips before i proceed?
tee00max is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #83 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 33
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just bumping this back onto the first page (I want to be able to find this post if/when I decide to make the leap).
spgiva is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:25 PM   #84 (permalink)
New Member
 
Arcacial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This is amazing. Just found out about it and went through with it after a few minutes of checking it out.

I haven't had any personal problems with the bugs that are on it (So what, I turn off my phone, I gotta sign in when I turn it back on? Sounds like a nifty security feature for me really)

The UI just moves so much nicer too, easier to type. Very worth it for me.

Thanks Matlock, and iAndroiid
Arcacial is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #85 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here or There
Posts: 34
 
Device(s): HTC Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Awesome tutorial!! Thanks for the time spent to write it up!!! I just did my phone after sitting on the fence for about a week. I wish I would have done it sooner!! The Navigation is just tits! And Goggles is so freaking amazing!! Thanks!!!
Bad Cornflakes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 02:04 AM   #86 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Matlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas!
Posts: 649
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 3D - SHIFT (Wife's)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 525 Times in 107 Posts
Matlock.Evo@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgiva View Post
Just bumping this back onto the first page (I want to be able to find this post if/when I decide to make the leap).
Good thinking. lol Let us know how it goes when you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee00max View Post
think im going to go ahead and go for it! Any quick tips before i proceed?
Nope. Just fallow my directions, and you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcacial View Post
This is amazing. Just found out about it and went through with it after a few minutes of checking it out.

I haven't had any personal problems with the bugs that are on it (So what, I turn off my phone, I gotta sign in when I turn it back on? Sounds like a nifty security feature for me really)

The UI just moves so much nicer too, easier to type. Very worth it for me.

Thanks Matlock, and iAndroiid
You're very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Cornflakes View Post
Awesome tutorial!! Thanks for the time spent to write it up!!! I just did my phone after sitting on the fence for about a week. I wish I would have done it sooner!! The Navigation is just tits! And Goggles is so freaking amazing!! Thanks!!!
I know, huh! Wish I did it sooner too. Could of helped more people get it right the first time. lol

Just tits huh? I like them too.. I guess. lol I guess you can compare Google Nav to a pair of knockers. lol

And, your welcome.
Matlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #87 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm having problems with the install. I'm following the direction, but when I do the Vol Down/Pwr button I get the three skateboarders the: PB00100 XC SHIP S-ON, HBOOT-1.46 0000 (PB0010000), MICROP-0111, TOUCH PANEL-MELFAS_45_17, RADIO-2.32.40.11.09, oct 5 2009, 19:21:56


HBOOT


<send> Fastboot Mode
<Vol UP> Recovery


I dont see anything asking if I want to update in red text. Why do I have a different date on mine?


Thanks
Robert
rob129 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #88 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Matlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas!
Posts: 649
 
Device(s): HTC EVO 3D - SHIFT (Wife's)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 381
Thanked 525 Times in 107 Posts
Matlock.Evo@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob129 View Post
I'm having problems with the install. I'm following the direction, but when I do the Vol Down/Pwr button I get the three skateboarders the: PB00100 XC SHIP S-ON, HBOOT-1.46 0000 (PB0010000), MICROP-0111, TOUCH PANEL-MELFAS_45_17, RADIO-2.32.40.11.09, oct 5 2009, 19:21:56


HBOOT


<send> Fastboot Mode
<Vol UP> Recovery


I dont see anything asking if I want to update in red text. Why do I have a different date on mine?


Thanks
Robert
It may be possible that the Patched 2.1 has been updated from the developers who patched it.

I believe you can hit Recovery and it should go through with the update. If not, use the Fastboot Mode. You shouldn't have any problems either way. It's nearly impossible to 'brick' your phone with the update, since you start the phone directly from the file. But of course there is always a chance. If you’re brave, go for it and let us know. I am probably going to redownload the patch to confirm what’s going on.
Matlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #89 (permalink)
Member
 
iAndroiid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 326
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris Rooted with Evil Eris 3.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

If your feeling brave. I love it! Go Big or Go Home young lad! hahaha
iAndroiid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #90 (permalink)
Member
 
ssick92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Posts: 289
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 42 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
And that is a very good reason. I thought the same thing. But I wanted to see for myself the bugs and stuff in the update. I found them, but I think I made a good choice. If I did screw myself, ill just have to go buy a Wal-Mart flip phone. Lol
Even if we don't get the OTA, isn't there a way for someone to extract the .zip, and then we install it manually?
__________________
Samsung Galaxy S4 - Verizon
Nexus 7 32gb + Data
Always rooted, Always changing
ssick92 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 13th, 2010, 02:09 PM   #91 (permalink)
Member
 
ssick92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Posts: 289
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 42 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob129 View Post
I'm having problems with the install. I'm following the direction, but when I do the Vol Down/Pwr button I get the three skateboarders the: PB00100 XC SHIP S-ON, HBOOT-1.46 0000 (PB0010000), MICROP-0111, TOUCH PANEL-MELFAS_45_17, RADIO-2.32.40.11.09, oct 5 2009, 19:21:56


HBOOT


<send> Fastboot Mode
<Vol UP> Recovery


I dont see anything asking if I want to update in red text. Why do I have a different date on mine?


Thanks
Robert
Try waiting for the little vertical status bar in the top right corner to finish loading, it took about 3 or 4 minutes for me until I got the message to update. Then you have to wait it out again until you need to hit the trackball again.
ssick92 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #92 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Snotrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 54
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Took the plunge earlier today. Went very smooth. Much easier than cooking and flashing ROMS on my Winmo phone.

This thread should be stickied.
Snotrocket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #93 (permalink)
Member
 
jscott96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 129
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Works great!!! Thank you!
jscott96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #94 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bswartz95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,101
 
Device(s): Eris - Nonsensikal v15.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Default

edit
Bswartz95 is offline  
Last edited by Bswartz95; March 13th, 2010 at 08:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #95 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bswartz95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,101
 
Device(s): Eris - Nonsensikal v15.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob129 View Post
I'm having problems with the install. I'm following the direction, but when I do the Vol Down/Pwr button I get the three skateboarders the: PB00100 XC SHIP S-ON, HBOOT-1.46 0000 (PB0010000), MICROP-0111, TOUCH PANEL-MELFAS_45_17, RADIO-2.32.40.11.09, oct 5 2009, 19:21:56


HBOOT


<send> Fastboot Mode
<Vol UP> Recovery


I dont see anything asking if I want to update in red text. Why do I have a different date on mine?


Thanks
Robert
I have the same date as you. I too am having the same problem. I've had the three skateboards for about 10 minutes and nothing happens.
Bswartz95 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #96 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bswartz95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,101
 
Device(s): Eris - Nonsensikal v15.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssick92 View Post
Try waiting for the little vertical status bar in the top right corner to finish loading, it took about 3 or 4 minutes for me until I got the message to update. Then you have to wait it out again until you need to hit the trackball again.
I don't have a status bar. My white screen with the skateboards fills the screen from top to bottom.
Bswartz95 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #97 (permalink)
Member
 
ssick92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Posts: 289
 
Device(s): Rooted Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 42 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bswartz95 View Post
I don't have a status bar. My white screen with the skateboards fills the screen from top to bottom.
Hmmmm, that's strange. I had a blue and then red vertical status bar basically overlapping the white background in the top right hand corner. That is strange that you do not.
ssick92 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #98 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bswartz95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,101
 
Device(s): Eris - Nonsensikal v15.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Default

I guess my Eris was meant to stick with 1.5 until the OTA. Now I have to reinstall apps and customize all over again. Oh well.
Bswartz95 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #99 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well I finally have 2.1 The first time I tried it, I followed the instructions to the word, EXCEPT, I didn't delete everything off my SD card. So, I used one that I had lying around and it worked perfectly! No looking back either. 1.5 is nothing more than a bad dream now.
mike54937 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:36 PM   #100 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bswartz95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,101
 
Device(s): Eris - Nonsensikal v15.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Ok. My phone is updating now!

I figured out the problem. When I downloaded 2.1 onto my PC, I renamed the zipped file so I could find it easily. Mistake. I found out that you cannot rename it.

Thanks everyone!
Bswartz95 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Droid Eris
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Droid Eris launched for Verizon Wireless on November 6th in part as the carrier's first Android Phone. However it was overshadowed by the other member of the inaugural Verizon Droid duo - the Motorola Droid. The Droid Eris might look fa... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Eris
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.