Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Eris

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 28th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): Rooted Droid Eris: Pure Eris 2.0 ROM w/LauncherPro
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Weird stuff with 2.1 v3

Aside from my mistaking a green piece of glitter for a newly activated LED in my earpiece, there's some weird stuff going on with my phone after I went from the 2.1 v2 leak to 2.1 v3. I even did a factory reset after the flash.

Most annoying is that now when I create some custom shortcuts using Better Cut, I get the message "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone" when attempting to open them. So far this has happened with both the Camera (photo and video) and People apps. I select the + then--> Shortcut --> Better Cut -->Activity --> Camera, change the icon and then create. Then once I tap on the finished shortcut on my home screen I get that message. It works fine if I add Camera and People apps without going through Better Cut. Very frustrating.

Secondly, there's no Evernote in my Market! I had it on my phone previously with the 2.1 v2 leak but it inadvertently got wiped. Now it's nowhere to be found. WTF?

Anyone know what's going on with either one of those issues?

Advertisements
pwps is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 28th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
zutmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: zion
Posts: 164
 
Device(s): Droid Eris - Rooted...running xtrSENSE4.0.6.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: Weird stuff with 2.1 v3

I did not start using Better Cut until after I installed leak v3. I get the same message when trying to create a shortcut to People. Did not have a problem with the Camera shortcut though...hmmm?

Anyone have a fix?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
__________________
Sanity never came my way
zutmin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): Rooted Droid Eris: Pure Eris 2.0 ROM w/LauncherPro
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zutmin View Post
I did not start using Better Cut until after I installed leak v3. I get the same message when trying to create a shortcut to People. Did not have a problem with the Camera shortcut though...hmmm?

Anyone have a fix?
Thanks to kevhow in this thread, I just figured out a work around. Here's what I did:

Deselected HTC Sense as the default UI and used Home instead. That showed all the previous attempts I had made at creating my Camera and People shortcuts. I deleted all those shortcuts. Then, while still in Home, I created a short cut to People the regular way: Press and hold empty space on home screen-->Shortcuts-->Applications-->People. Done. Then launched Better Cut-->Edit Shortcut-->People-->change icon, name, etc, and selected Create. Changed back to HTC Sense as default and the new icon was there and launched with no issue.

Hope that helps.
pwps is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pwps For This Useful Post:
zutmin (May 29th, 2010)
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Shnuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 191
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwps View Post

Secondly, there's no Evernote in my Market! I had it on my phone previously with the 2.1 v2 leak but it inadvertently got wiped. Now it's nowhere to be found. WTF?

Anyone know what's going on with either one of those issues?
I have v3 as well, and found I have evernote in the market.
Shnuddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
zutmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: zion
Posts: 164
 
Device(s): Droid Eris - Rooted...running xtrSENSE4.0.6.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default

How do you change the UI to Home?
zutmin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): Rooted Droid Eris: Pure Eris 2.0 ROM w/LauncherPro
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnuddy View Post
I have v3 as well, and found I have evernote in the market.
Yeah..I eventually found it. It was the weirdest thing. I even went to the Evernote homepage and used my barcode scanner to search for the app and it turned up nothing in the market. I tried again after about 30 minutes and it was magically there. Very weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zutmin View Post
How do you change the UI to Home?
Go to Settings-->Manage Applications-->HTC Sense and then scroll down a little where it has the section "Launch by default". Select the Clear defaults. Then select your home button and it will ask you if you want to use Home or Sense. Select Home. Once you're done doing everything you need to do with Home, select the home button again and when it asks you if you want to use Home or Sense, select Sense and check the "Use by default" box.
pwps is offline  
Last edited by pwps; May 29th, 2010 at 04:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwps View Post
Thanks to kevhow in this thread, I just figured out a work around. Here's what I did:

Deselected HTC Sense as the default UI and used Home instead. That showed all the previous attempts I had made at creating my Camera and People shortcuts. I deleted all those shortcuts. Then, while still in Home, I created a short cut to People the regular way: Press and hold empty space on home screen-->Shortcuts-->Applications-->People. Done. Then launched Better Cut-->Edit Shortcut-->People-->change icon, name, etc, and selected Create. Changed back to HTC Sense as default and the new icon was there and launched with no issue.

Hope that helps.
I did all that, and it still doesn't work for those three programs on my phone, at this point I'm just waiting for Better Cut to update and fix it.
gjblizzard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
zutmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: zion
Posts: 164
 
Device(s): Droid Eris - Rooted...running xtrSENSE4.0.6.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Okay what do you mean by "select your button?"
zutmin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
zutmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: zion
Posts: 164
 
Device(s): Droid Eris - Rooted...running xtrSENSE4.0.6.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Never mind, I figured it out. The "home" button. lol
zutmin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
zutmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: zion
Posts: 164
 
Device(s): Droid Eris - Rooted...running xtrSENSE4.0.6.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Wow, that worked. NEVER would have figured that out on my own. Thanks brah
zutmin is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 29th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): Rooted Droid Eris: Pure Eris 2.0 ROM w/LauncherPro
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zutmin View Post
Okay what do you mean by "select your button?"
Oops...yeah, left out the word "home". Glad it worked for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjblizzard View Post
I did all that, and it still doesn't work for those three programs on my phone, at this point I'm just waiting for Better Cut to update and fix it.
Sorry to hear that. Worked like a charm for me, and sounds like zutmin too.
pwps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Droid Eris
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC Droid Eris launched for Verizon Wireless on November 6th in part as the carrier's first Android Phone. However it was overshadowed by the other member of the inaugural Verizon Droid duo - the Motorola Droid. The Droid Eris might look fa... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Eris
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.