Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 6th, 2011, 09:17 PM   #51 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkjhi View Post
It's a great deal as long as you're okay with ordering from Wirefly.
New to this forum. I just bought Verizon Incredible 2 from Wirefly for $19.99 (price has gone up since I ordered). Was delivered this past Thursday.

Reading some of the Wirefly hate posts, I just thought it fair to give them some love. Had no problem whatsoever with Wirefly. Phone and all accessories were delivered exactly when Wirefly said they would be. And no, I do not work for them and do not know anyone else that works for them. Overall, a satisfied customer.

Tim

sponsored links
Old June 7th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #52 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have to agree, I jumped on the Memorial Day sale and bought 2 Dinc2s on a new family plan and literally got them for free. I paid for the upgraded 2-day air shipping and $7.99 was all I paid for 2 Dinc2s.

The order arrived in 2 days, my numbers were ported over without issue and all is fine. The phones work great and my wife and I are very happy with the phones as well as the Wirefly purchase.
Old June 8th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #53 (permalink)

Device(s):

Call me a skeptic but I just donít understand how Wirefly and Sears can offer the same upgrade to the incredible 2 for $49 when Verizon wants $199. What is the catch? When I asked Verizon the said it was n Wireflyís terms and conditions but I cannot see it there.

Can someone explain how they do it?
Old June 10th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #54 (permalink)

Device(s):

When you buy from Wirefly, Sears Wireless, even Amazon Wireless, you are authorizing them to charge your credit card something like $300 if you change the terms (downgrading plan) or cancel within the first 180 days of the contract. They lose their commission from the carriers if you do that so they charge you a fee, not to mention you'd also be subject to an ETF from the carrier as well.

As long as you fully intend to keep the phone and fulfill the 2-year contract you get a great deal on a phone. The carriers make back the cost of subsidized phones and more on the monthly charges as long as you stay the 2 years...they probably need less than 2 years to make back their costs but they need to rip us off some how.
Old June 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM   #55 (permalink)

Device(s):

Walked into a GoWireless store near me yesterday with my old Samsung flip phone in hand and a print-out from Wirefly for both the Droid 2 Global and the Incredible 2. Salesperson asked what he could help with and I told him I was finally joining the smartphone revolution. He talked me out of the Droid 2 Global saying it was old and the physical keyboard wasn't worth the small screen and old technology. He talked me into the Incredible 2. Then I simply asked him why anyone would buy a phone at a physical store for ~$200 when you can get them online for 'practically free'. He tried to tell me that there is a bunch 'gotchas' on WireFly and the like and told me that if you change anything you don't get the advertised price... yada yada yada... I told him that I'd read all the fine print (I hadn't) and stepped all the way through with all the options I wanted and they had the Incredible 2 for $1.99. He didn't believe me, so I showed him the print-out. I told him I just wanted to come in and see it firsthand and that since I'd waited years to get a smartphone, I could wait a couple days for WireFly to ship it to me. He said he would make a phonecall and try to match the price - and he was able to. I walked out of the store with an Incredible 2 for $1.99 w/ a new number
Old June 27th, 2011, 09:09 AM   #56 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79

Updated OP with even better deals at amazon, vzw, costco, and wirefly
Last edited by NightAngel79; June 27th, 2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #57 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible 2

Just a warning about Wirefly: I attempted to purchase a Dinc2 for $0.00 from them. Then I noticed that the monthly contract price was $10 more than if I bought the phone from Verizon. For a 2-year contract renewal, that amounts to $240. So I bought the phone from Verizon for $99 (-$50 Ne2; -$50 sale price). Over the life of the contract, I will have saved $141. So you need to see if Wirefly's contract pricing syncs with Verizon's and do the math.
Last edited by uphighguy; June 27th, 2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #58 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default HTC Online Store?

HTC.com appears to be selling phones now and the price on the DINC 2 comes up to $0 and that's for an upgrade on a family account which are the 2 things that usually drive the price up. The guy at the Verizon store thought I was misguided till he pulled it up for himself

Planning to order one tomorrow so I'll see if it turns out to be the real deal and report back.
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #59 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewdaddy View Post
HTC.com appears to be selling phones now and the price on the DINC 2 comes up to $0 and that's for an upgrade on a family account which are the 2 things that usually drive the price up. The guy at the Verizon store thought I was misguided till he pulled it up for himself

Planning to order one tomorrow so I'll see if it turns out to be the real deal and report back.
Yes, please do. I appreciate it. Mind posting a link also?
Old July 1st, 2011, 02:07 AM   #60 (permalink)

Device(s):

Talking

Quote:

Well it turns out that HTC directs you to Let's Talk which was mentioned at the very start of this thread.

It is definately $0 for the Dinc2 and I have read where many people were very happy after ordering from them. I however have opted to let go of $79 to Amazon instead. My concern was that Let's Talk handled their own fulfillment rather that Verizon. I intended to ask them about this but my 15 minutes on hold helped me to make my decision. Verizon's best deal is still almost double Amazon right now so I'm still very happy.
Hope this long post helps somebody.
sponsored links
Old July 1st, 2011, 02:12 PM   #61 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Well it turns out that HTC directs you to Let's Talk which was mentioned at the very start of this thread.

It is definately $0 for the Dinc2 and I have read where many people were very happy after ordering from them. I however have opted to let go of $79 to Amazon instead. My concern was that Let's Talk handled their own fulfillment rather that Verizon. I intended to ask them about this but my 15 minutes on hold helped me to make my decision. Verizon's best deal is still almost double Amazon right now so I'm still very happy.
Hope this long post helps somebody.
amazon wireless also has really really good customer service.
Old July 1st, 2011, 02:43 PM   #62 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post
amazon wireless also has really really good customer service.
Very true

Btw congrats on 100th post and 'member' status
Old July 2nd, 2011, 01:02 PM   #63 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Incredible2!!!

just be careful with those online retailers. I know a lot of them have you sign an extra 6 month contract, saying you won't make any changes to your plan, and if you do they will charge you a ton of money for the phone itself.

Just be wary if your buying from them online, and read the terms of what your signing, read the fine print.
Old July 4th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #64 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (Dead and Gone) HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Sold), HTC Rezound (loving it)

which is the lesser of 2 evils, wirefly or let's talk?
Old July 4th, 2011, 02:06 AM   #65 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
which is the lesser of 2 evils, wirefly or let's talk?

I would have to say wirefly though I've never used either...
Old July 4th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #66 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible (Dead and Gone) HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Sold), HTC Rezound (loving it)

Just an fyi to anybody interested in wirefly or let'stalk, if you are using an upgrade on a family plan and plan on changing the phone to a different line within the plan you cannot do it. They will take that as a breech of contract and will charge you 350.00. Stay away.
Old July 4th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #67 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Just an fyi to anybody interested in wirefly or let'stalk, if you are using an upgrade on a family plan and plan on changing the phone to a different line within the plan you cannot do it. They will take that as a breech of contract and will charge you 350.00. Stay away.
No way... Thanks for the info... wirefly maintains a thread here (in lounge) wonder what they would have to say about that....
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #68 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung S4

Here is my question I want to switch from At&t using Costco but I can get a discount off the plan with my Cookie Lee business. Can I sign up there and then call to change the plan to the discounted one? I really want to save money because I may end upt with an ETF fee. I am not happy with AT&t and I have complained about their service in our area several times and hopefully they will let me out of the contract.
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #69 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhns787 View Post
Here is my question I want to switch from At&t using Costco but I can get a discount off the plan with my Cookie Lee business. Can I sign up there and then call to change the plan to the discounted one? I really want to save money because I may end upt with an ETF fee. I am not happy with AT&t and I have complained about their service in our area several times and hopefully they will let me out of the contract.

Short answer is yes. You could have the account for years then come in and apply the discount
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #70 (permalink)

Sorry for being such a newbie. Are there any hidden fees for signing up Online. I really appriciate your help but we do not have an official Verizon store just one called phones plus whatever that is? I have never switched carriers before they just have so much better service and phones in our area. I also was wondering if I latter buy a phone off of ebay do I just call and have them activate it? I really want this phone but do not want to have to pay big to switch.
sponsored links
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #71 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

It is pretty easy to activate it. Calling 611 from any Verizon phone will give you customer service. No hidden fee's that I'm aware off. A phone from ebay is fine as long as the esn number is clean
The Following User Says Thank You to NightAngel79 For This Useful Post:
Kuhns787 (July 5th, 2011)
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #72 (permalink)

I was just doing an online chat with a Verizon agent and he said I would only get a 30 day warranty on the phone if I order through Costco is that true?
Last edited by Kuhns787; July 5th, 2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:03 PM   #73 (permalink)

Device(s):

just ordered 2 from target.com. both were free with 2 year family plan renewal.
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #74 (permalink)

Target uses wirefly as well
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:15 PM   #75 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhns787 View Post
I was just doing an online chat with a Verizon agent and he said I would only get a 30 day warranty on the phone if I order through Costco is that true?
30 days through Costco. Should still have manufacturer warranty good for a year though...
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #76 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Incredible 2

$119 from Verizon Wireless with an upgrade and web discount.
Old July 7th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #77 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaAddictedGee View Post
$119 from Verizon Wireless with an upgrade and web discount.
The upgrade price is different for everyone depending on how close you are to your 2 years being up. Officially it is still listed as being 149.99 if you check without being logged in
Old July 9th, 2011, 09:57 AM   #78 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Eris, Incredible2, Kindle Fire

I went to 2 VZW stores and each gave me a different price - one said $220 with a $50 rebate and the other said $149.

Online, VZW's site said I was due for an early upgrade and I could get the DInc2 for $99. I called VZW and the phone rep also gave me the $149 jazz. I told him that the website said I could have it for $99 and he said "So get it on the website."

Which is what I did. $108 with tax. It came Fedex and I received it last night. I activated it and now I'm good to go.
Old July 9th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #79 (permalink)

Device(s):

I should get the Inc 2 and Droid Global 2 (my wife insists on a keyboard) today via Fed ex. I ordered them from Wire fly on Tues the 5th and they told me that I would get the unlimited Data. I hope it's true I did notice that they upgraded me on the Verizon site as of the 6th. I'm double checking everything and so far no crazy extra charges on my receipt. Wire fly says that I have 30 days to return the phones and I also took the Insurance since both phones were free ($69.00 ech) and now I read that the Droid 3 is coming out next week wonder if I should change my wife's for the newer one?
Old July 9th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #80 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperezmvp View Post
I should get the Inc 2 and Droid Global 2 (my wife insists on a keyboard) today via Fed ex. I ordered them from Wire fly on Tues the 5th and they told me that I would get the unlimited Data. I hope it's true I did notice that they upgraded me on the Verizon site as of the 6th. I'm double checking everything and so far no crazy extra charges on my receipt. Wire fly says that I have 30 days to return the phones and I also took the Insurance since both phones were free ($69.00 ech) and now I read that the Droid 3 is coming out next week wonder if I should change my wife's for the newer one?
I bought a Thunderbolt from Wirefly on the 6th and bought the unlimited data but on Verizon's website it showed that I got the 2GB plan. I called up Wirefly and they said they would have to push this to their upper management team and get it resolved but I was not the only one and this problem would be resolved in 24-48 hours. Hopefully they will come through.
sponsored links
Old July 9th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #81 (permalink)

Device(s):

In the July 14th to August 7th Costco coupon pack, there is 70$ off on the Inc2. This would make it 99.99-70=29.99. Just a heads up!
The Following User Says Thank You to gangsterazn For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (July 10th, 2011)
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:27 AM   #82 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note3, Samsung Tab2 10.1, Samsung Note 10.1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangsterazn View Post
In the July 14th to August 7th Costco coupon pack, there is 70$ off on the Inc2. This would make it 99.99-70=29.99. Just a heads up!
I just purchased my phone a week ago for 79.99, I wonder if that means I can bring the coupon in to see if they can give me the difference back.
Old July 10th, 2011, 10:15 AM   #83 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by picord View Post
I just purchased my phone a week ago for 79.99, I wonder if that means I can bring the coupon in to see if they can give me the difference back.
You definitely can. I asked the guy there the other day and he said just bring it back and they'll give you the difference as long as it's within the 90 day exchange policy. (Although I didn't decide to buy it at Costco and went with the Thunderbolt at Wirefly)
Old July 11th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #84 (permalink)

Just got mine today for 52.88 at Sam's Club.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGoatLantern For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (July 11th, 2011)
Old July 11th, 2011, 01:26 AM   #85 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Just got mine today for 52.88 at Sam's Club.
Sams Club?? No way, good looking out goat!!

edit: not listed on their site
Old July 11th, 2011, 01:53 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
Sams Club?? No way, good looking out goat!!

edit: not listed on their site
I think you may have to go into a physical location, their site stuff is handled by Wirefly.
Old July 11th, 2011, 02:57 AM   #87 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
I think you may have to go into a physical location, their site stuff is handled by Wirefly.

Got ya. In fact I think you mentioned that already lol. Great price though.
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #88 (permalink)

Device(s):

Amazon has it for a penny, new customer or upgrade.
The Following User Says Thank You to spatenfloot For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (July 11th, 2011)
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #89 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Updated first post

Thanks spatenfloot
Old July 14th, 2011, 06:51 AM   #90 (permalink)

Device(s):

costco has it for $29.00 today upgrade or new contract! and they have the 90 day exchange policy, should you want the droid 3 or bionic once they have them in stock!
The Following User Says Thank You to katoom400 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (July 14th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old July 14th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #91 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoom400 View Post
costco has it for $29.00 today upgrade or new contract! and they have the 90 day exchange policy, should you want the droid 3 or bionic once they have them in stock!

Thanks! Will update op when I get to a computer.
Old July 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #92 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung GS4 x 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 plus, Nexus 7 32gb

Thanked 1,162 Times in 770 Posts

Sams club has it for free for new and upgrade. It's say Online only at the website.
Old July 14th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #93 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmr405o View Post
Sams club has it for free for new and upgrade. It's say Online only at the website.
i would still pay the $29 to costco just to have 90 days vs the standard 14 days you get with VZW.
Old July 14th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #94 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung GS4 x 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 plus, Nexus 7 32gb

Thanked 1,162 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoom400 View Post
i would still pay the $29 to costco just to have 90 days vs the standard 14 days you get with VZW.
Yeah I'm not sure what the return policy is for SAMs club. I'm not sure if it mirrors costcos or vzw or if its totally different.
Old July 14th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #95 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmr405o View Post
They use wirefly at Sam's
Old July 16th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #96 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note3, Samsung Tab2 10.1, Samsung Note 10.1
Carrier: T-Mobile

purchased my DINC2 the beginning of the month at Costco for 79.99, this week it went on sale for 29.99..they gave me back the difference with no hassle
Old July 16th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #97 (permalink)

Device(s):

Got my free Dinc2 thru Wirefly and have it rooted running CM7!!!
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #98 (permalink)

Device(s):

I just picked up the incredible 2 at Costco today for $29. 99.
$38. 02 with taxes. Free activation too!
Loving this phone.
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #99 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Verizon)

GoDuke1

First Post!

New Droid Owners and I'll add to this thread we picked up 2 of these from a Verizon Wireless Auth Reseller (looks like a Verizon Store) for $60.00 each. Everywhere I have looked that carries it, $149.99 and Sams' Club listed at 148.99 FWIW.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoDuke1 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (August 9th, 2011)
Old August 8th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #100 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, HTC Incredible 2, Toshiba Thrive
Carrier: VZW

Just picked up two Inc2's for a contract upgrade, one for me and one for my wife, Two cases, and two car chargers through WireFly.

Phones: $0.00
Cases: $12.99/ea
Chargers: $9.99/ea

Bank of America's Add It Up program gave me $50 back.

So i got it all for free, in time. Anyone that uses BoA should check out the Add it Up program.
The Following User Says Thank You to racer12306 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (August 9th, 2011)

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2