Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #101 (permalink)

Device(s): Dinc2
Carrier: Not Provided

I got my Dinc@ for $69.99 a few weeks ago from VZW! There was pricing for $149 with discount of $50 as well as my $30 upgrade discount. I am happy

The Following User Says Thank You to tinkerbellwdw For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (August 9th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #102 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Incredible 2

Default $0.01 on Amazon

I was all set to pay $150 for this phone, but thanks to this thread it looks like I can get it from Amazon for $0.01. Is this legit??

I'm adding a line to a current family plan. Anyone know how that works? If I use my credit card for this transaction, will it charge my part of the service fees to my card and the rest to the family plan as usual, or will it all just get billed to the family plan?

If this works out, what a freaking find!
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:21 AM   #103 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79

Quote:
Originally Posted by binturong View Post
I was all set to pay $150 for this phone, but thanks to this thread it looks like I can get it from Amazon for $0.01. Is this legit??

I'm adding a line to a current family plan. Anyone know how that works? If I use my credit card for this transaction, will it charge my part of the service fees to my card and the rest to the family plan as usual, or will it all just get billed to the family plan?

its totally legit

the only thing that will be charged is the 1 cent. amazon will check (poll) your verizon account to make any changes it needs to
The Following User Says Thank You to NightAngel79 For This Useful Post:
binturong (August 10th, 2011)
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:

One more question: If I'm porting my current number from Sprint over to Verizon in the process, will my current phone be shut off immediately, leaving me phone-less until my Incredible 2 shows up in the mail?

If that's the case, not a big deal at all, especially considering the $$ saved. But just curious.
Old August 10th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #105 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In

Quote:
One more question: If I'm porting my current number from Sprint over to Verizon in the process, will my current phone be shut off immediately, leaving me phone-less until my Incredible 2 shows up in the mail?

If that's the case, not a big deal at all, especially considering the $$ saved. But just curious.
when porting a number then yes, as soon as its ported your service with other carrier is terminated
The Following User Says Thank You to NightAngel79 For This Useful Post:
binturong (August 11th, 2011)
Old August 11th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #106 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Eris

Quote:

When I switched from AT&T to Verizon last year, I was able to sign up for brand new account with a new number to try it out (I used call forwarding on my AT&T number), and a couple weeks later (I think it was 30 days back then vs 14 now) just call Verizon and start a number port to the same phone/account. That process took a couple hours at most.

Beware though that I had bought the phone direct from Verizon -- I don't know how doing the above affects the extra termination fee that Amazon et all charges if you cancel. The main account login changes to the new (old) number; it depends whether they key off that or another underlying account code. You'd want to check with both Verizon and Amazon to see if that's allowed.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmastron For This Useful Post:
binturong (August 11th, 2011)
Old August 11th, 2011, 11:00 AM   #107 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Eris

Speaking of the Amazon price (still showing $0.01 today), is there any way to tell whether and when this price might expire? The Costco price looks like it went up to $49, at least online.

I'm debating between jumping on the Inc2 now or holding on to my Eris for another month and seeing whether anything new comes out that I like better. However, while I'd love to have 4G and a dual core processor, I suspect any phone with either of those in the near future is going to be bigger and heavier than the Inc2, and if anything I want something smaller (would prefer Eris/iPhone sized, but nothing currently in that range is appealing). And anything new will certainly be more expensive than a penny, so living with a "lesser" phone later might be more palatable knowing it was "free" :-)
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #108 (permalink)

Device(s):

So is Amazon Wireless a good way to order a new phone? Why are they so cheap, like 50% off the Verizon store prices? Is it a hassle to get a phone and keep my existing contract (unlimited data ftw)? I've heard mixed things about wirefly, and Amazon is a bigger name but the deal seems awfully similar...
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #109 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejakal View Post
So is Amazon Wireless a good way to order a new phone? Why are they so cheap, like 50% off the Verizon store prices? Is it a hassle to get a phone and keep my existing contract (unlimited data ftw)? I've heard mixed things about wirefly, and Amazon is a bigger name but the deal seems awfully similar...
Amazon is so cheap pretty much cause they can get away with it. It is easy to keep existing plan, you activate it over the phone like you would anyways or you can still go into the vzw store like normal to do it
Old August 15th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
I just ordered my Inc 2 this morning and a few hours later had a confirmation from Amazon saying it will be here tomorrow. I'm porting my number over from Sprint and from what I hear, it's all really easy to do. Assuming all goes well, I will probably never buy from the carrier again.

Thanks again everyone for saving me $150!
The Following User Says Thank You to binturong For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (August 15th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #111 (permalink)

Device(s):

i got mine for $0.01 off of amazon
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #112 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveness View Post
i got mine for $0.01 off of amazon
But those prices are only for new users right? For upgrading my existing plan with no changes, I'm looking at $79.99, which is still $70 less than the VZW store price, but not quite free...
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #113 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
But those prices are only for new users right? For upgrading my existing plan with no changes, I'm looking at $79.99, which is still $70 less than the VZW store price, but not quite free...
if its a family plan then your right i gbelieve. the different scenarios yield different prices, pretty sure the first post in this thread is still current... if not then let me know and i will update it
Old August 22nd, 2011, 10:47 PM   #114 (permalink)

Device(s): Q9c, Eris xtrROM 4.6.5, Droid Concepts 11, Incredible 2 EclipticSense

It looks like the Incredible 2 is still a penny for an upgrade on an individual plan. Four more weeks and I am eligible.
The Following User Says Thank You to bberryhill0 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (August 23rd, 2011)
Old August 30th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #115 (permalink)

Device(s): DNA

I got my Droid Incredible 2 from letstalk.com for free and free overnight shipping. Got it today
The Following User Says Thank You to Live2Race For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (August 30th, 2011)
Old August 31st, 2011, 04:39 AM   #116 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid Inc

I'm sad... Tried to upgrade via Amazon several times but it looks like since I have an "unpublished" minute plan (Nationwide Loyalty 100 and 250 texts seperately) it won't go through because it doesn't recognize the plans to keep them the same.

Going to try calling Verizon like I have for all my past upgrades and see what they can do. I've had great success with them working with me, so I'm going to see if they will match Amazon or give me some kind of deal.

Anyone had this issue, any workarounds? Don't feel like talking to Amazon about it yet.
Old August 31st, 2011, 08:12 AM   #117 (permalink)

got letstalk.com and give them a call. they will work with you in every way and the phone is free from them. Just got mine yesterday.

Hope im allowed to give the link?

Cell Phones for free with Cell Phone Plans from Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, Sprint, and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf88 View Post
I'm sad... Tried to upgrade via Amazon several times but it looks like since I have an "unpublished" minute plan (Nationwide Loyalty 100 and 250 texts seperately) it won't go through because it doesn't recognize the plans to keep them the same.

Going to try calling Verizon like I have for all my past upgrades and see what they can do. I've had great success with them working with me, so I'm going to see if they will match Amazon or give me some kind of deal.

Anyone had this issue, any workarounds? Don't feel like talking to Amazon about it yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Live2Race For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (August 31st, 2011)
Old September 5th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #118 (permalink)

Device(s):

bought for free from wirefly.com a few days ago.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jknolls For This Useful Post:
bberryhill0 (September 7th, 2011), NightAngel79 (September 5th, 2011)
Old September 13th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #119 (permalink)

if your not to sure about amazon goto Cell Phones for free with Cell Phone Plans from Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, Sprint, and more and get the incredible 2 there completely free! Thats where i got mine.
Old September 20th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #120 (permalink)

Device(s):

Couple of things I wanted to point out. First, I'm not eligible to upgrade until this Monday, 9/26 according to VZW's site, but Amazon Wireless said I'm eligible now. Odd. I entered in my acct info and everything and it said "success, eligible for upgrade" or something like that. Is that common?

I can confirm that it is $79 for an upgrade on family plan.

Has anyone had success with the Radio Shack promotion? They are claiming $100 off any smartphone, even when upgrading. I find it hard to believe because Radio Shack is the devil but here is the link: The ShackŪ Blog | The Official Radio Shack Blog verizon
The Following User Says Thank You to usedtobeanyer For This Useful Post:
bberryhill0 (September 22nd, 2011)
sponsored links
Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:41 PM   #121 (permalink)

Device(s): Q9c, Eris xtrROM 4.6.5, Droid Concepts 11, Incredible 2 EclipticSense

I just ordered my Incredible 2 from Amazon 3 days before my official upgrade date. $.01 on an individual plan.
The Following User Says Thank You to bberryhill0 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (September 22nd, 2011)
Old September 23rd, 2011, 07:39 AM   #122 (permalink)

Device(s):

In case anyone is looking to go to their local Radio Shack to take advantage of this deal. First, the employee I dealt with insisted the $100 off was only for new Verizon customers. Second, they didn't let me renew "early", even though I could have done so through their web site (I'm only a few days from my renewal).

The employee insisted that the $100 off was only for new customers, I was tempted to order the phone right there on my phone just to show him that the web site was giving me the offer.

The other problem I found in trying to order online is that the web site seemed to insist on changing my plan and wasn't honoring the fact that I can be grandfathered into my existing plan. That's why even though it may be cheaper to get the phone elsewhere I'm inclined to get it at my Verizon store.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 08:45 PM   #123 (permalink)

Amazon has an option (the default) to keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan.
Old September 29th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #124 (permalink)

Device(s):

Any thoughts on where prices will go on this phone once iPhone 5 is available? I'm part of a family plan and while I can get the phone for $49 through Radio Shack I just don't feel comfortable dealing with them. Amazon has it for $79 which is a bit more than I'd like to pay. My "employee discount" here at work gets me a price of $149 directly through Verizon. So much for that.

I'm thinking the price will drop a bit when the iPhone comes out but curious what others think? I suppose if Amazon currently has it for a penny it won't go down much more than that though; probably not realistic to expect them to drop the price on the family plan.
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #125 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
Any thoughts on where prices will go on this phone once iPhone 5 is available? I'm part of a family plan and while I can get the phone for $49 through Radio Shack I just don't feel comfortable dealing with them. Amazon has it for $79 which is a bit more than I'd like to pay. My "employee discount" here at work gets me a price of $149 directly through Verizon. So much for that.

I'm thinking the price will drop a bit when the iPhone comes out but curious what others think? I suppose if Amazon currently has it for a penny it won't go down much more than that though; probably not realistic to expect them to drop the price on the family plan.
Its hared to guess about that sort of thing. I would go with radio shack personally, that or just wait and see.... never know what amazon will do
Old September 29th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #126 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Incredible 2

I ordered mine as a 2 year upgrade from letstalk.com, and it was free with free shipping. Got it within 1 day as a free next day air saver. Works great!
The Following User Says Thank You to nicygrl For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (September 30th, 2011)
Old September 29th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #127 (permalink)

Device(s):

Wirefly now has it for free as an upgrade as part of a family plan. However, I'm finding lots of Wirefly complaints online. Has anyone ordered from Wirefly and if yes, can you share your experience? Thanks.
Old September 30th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #128 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Upgraded a week early through newegg.com

I was able to upgrade a week early through newegg.com for $49.99. I am an additional line on a family plan. Just got the DINC2 today and must say I'm loving it so far. Thanks to all in these forums for the great info!
Old September 30th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #129 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
Wirefly now has it for free as an upgrade as part of a family plan. However, I'm finding lots of Wirefly complaints online. Has anyone ordered from Wirefly and if yes, can you share your experience? Thanks.

Wirefly seems OK. They post here in the forums all the time and have a customer service thread in lounge
Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:32 PM   #130 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Rezound, iPhone 4s

Just picked mine up 3 days ago from Best Buy Mobile for $50, took my mom's upgrade.
The Following User Says Thank You to sorbet For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (October 26th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old October 26th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #131 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Incredible 2

Mine was $149.99 + tax as well. But paid for by the company so I'm not complaining!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess6092 For This Useful Post:
Old October 26th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #132 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Incredible 2 BB Storm (9530) LG vx9500 Galaxy Tab 7"

Happy New Dinc2

I ordered mine on Oct. 18th and received it Oct. 20th. Thanks to the helpful folks on another sticky thread in this forum, I have been operational for almost 5 days on the first charge. Got it from Amazon for $0.01. Still available, I think. Great phone if you don't need 4G and bigger screen.
Derfid
The Following User Says Thank You to derfid For This Useful Post:
Old November 2nd, 2011, 04:54 PM   #133 (permalink)

Device(s): DINC 2

Wirefly says I can get the DInc2 for free with a 2 year contract extension. Free shipping as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to mgullick For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (November 3rd, 2011)
Old November 7th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #134 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Incredible 2 on MIUI, LG Spectrum, OG Droid Retired, OG Droid RIP

Send a message via Skype™ to magdelaine emrjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgullick View Post
Wirefly says I can get the DInc2 for free with a 2 year contract extension. Free shipping as well.
I ordered mine yesterday under these terms. Amazingly nothing out of pocket for me. On a family plan, it has to be the primary number upgrading or it's an extra $29.99.
The Following User Says Thank You to magdelaine For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (November 7th, 2011)
Old November 7th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #135 (permalink)

Device(s):

I just ordered mine off Amazon for a .01$
The Following User Says Thank You to xpdidy For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (November 7th, 2011)
Old November 9th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #136 (permalink)

Device(s): Rooted Droid Incredible rocking MIUI

You can get a free White Inc 2 with purchase of Modern Warfare 3 at BestBuy and 2 year agreement. Two birds with one stone for my Xmas shopping this year.
Last edited by hovercraftdriver25; November 9th, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hovercraftdriver25 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (November 9th, 2011)
Old November 9th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #137 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovercraftdriver25 View Post
You can get a free White Inc 2 with purchase of Modern Warfare 3 at BestBuy and 2 year agreement. Two birds with one stone for my Xmas shopping this year.

Really? That's a killer deal
Old November 9th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #138 (permalink)

Device(s): Rooted Droid Incredible rocking MIUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
Really? That's a killer deal

Should've linked it:

Mobile Phones : Call_of_Duty_MW3_SmartPhone_Offer - BestBuy

Apparently it's not just the white phone either, plus some phones from other carriers.
The Following User Says Thank You to hovercraftdriver25 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (November 9th, 2011)
Old November 16th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #139 (permalink)

Device(s): Rooted Eris used by my daughters. DInc 2, given to my wife. Droid Razr M, soon to be rooted

Just upgraded at Best Buy Mobile for a penny, They price matched Amazon wireless
SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ebrperk For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (November 16th, 2011)
Old November 24th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #140 (permalink)

Device(s): Past: hTC Wildfire Int'l Version,hTC Droid Incredible 2 Vzw, hTC OneX,Current:Nexus 4
Carrier: AT&T

Angel Free red hTC Droid incredible 2 for the holiday season

So, i just saw this was going on & thought I would share it. Free off Big Red's site with new two yr.contract.

Black Friday & Holiday Deals | Verizon Wireless
The Following User Says Thank You to blackepoxy For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (November 27th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old December 11th, 2011, 10:05 PM   #141 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid DNA by HTC Google Nexus 7
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Just got mine free at Best Buy after a 2 yr upgrade. Best phone I've ever had.
The Following User Says Thank You to STeVe7320 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (December 12th, 2011)
Old December 13th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #142 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Incredible 2, retired OG Droid

Thanks to the great people at my local Best Buy mobile and with a two year contract renewal I was able to upgrade a week early to a free DInc 2. And I am still grandfathered into my unlimited data. Pretty happy so far
Last edited by ironmaidengurl; December 13th, 2011 at 10:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ironmaidengurl For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (December 15th, 2011)
Old January 13th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #143 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Incredible, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Evo View

I currently have a Dinc2.. I am eligible for an upgrade.. and seriously considering getting another one but white this time at best buy. That's how much I love this phone.. Is that silly? Am I wasting my upgrade? Should I just wait? I need help.. I really like rezound but that'll cost me 200.00!
Old January 13th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #144 (permalink)
Wait. What??

Device(s): SG4, DNA, N7
Carrier: Depends on the breeze.

I would be in the same position as you if I were due for am upgrade. The DInc2 is that good.
I'm an HTC guy, and the Rezound is tempting, but I don't need 4g or to spend that kind of money just to loose my unlimited data. Not to mention I would get tired of what I hear are pink looking soft keys.
The DInc2 is everything I need in a phone. And you could sell your used one and actually make some money on the deal!

Get your own DropBox HERE! Get Copy too!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAtheistReverend For This Useful Post:
Fabiana (January 13th, 2012)
Old January 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #145 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Incredible

Just got off the phone with wirefly.com.... upgraded my inc to a inc2 for free with free shipping and keeping my plan! Not bad for a 30 minute phone call, can't wait to get this sucker in the mail!
The Following User Says Thank You to stealthtt24 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (January 15th, 2012)
Old January 13th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #146 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Incredible, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Evo View

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtheistReverend View Post
I would be in the same position as you if I were due for am upgrade. The DInc2 is that good.
I'm an HTC guy, and the Rezound is tempting, but I don't need 4g or to spend that kind of money just to loose my unlimited data. Not to mention I would get tired of what I hear are pink looking soft keys.
The DInc2 is everything I need in a phone. And you could sell your used one and actually make some money on the deal!

Would I have to change my plan if I got the rezound.. I know its 4g.. but can I just use it as a 3g device since I don't have a solid 4g connection in my area?..
The more I think about it the more I like my phone.. it has been a trusty little phone that does all the snazzy things I want it to do, I too am an HTC gal, and the pinkish buttons on rezound wouldn't bother me so much but changing my plan would!!
Old January 13th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #147 (permalink)
Wait. What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiana View Post
Would I have to change my plan if I got the rezound.. I know its 4g.. but can I just use it as a 3g device since I don't have a solid 4g connection in my area?..
The more I think about it the more I like my phone.. it has been a trusty little phone that does all the snazzy things I want it to do, I too am an HTC gal, and the pinkish buttons on rezound wouldn't bother me so much but changing my plan would!!
I can all but guarantee you have to sign up for a 4g plan to get the Rezound at a discounted price. Just like how they will not sell you a smartphone at the discounted price on a no-data plan.

It can't hurt to ask. Just make sure you document who you were talking to if you get a "yes" out of them!
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #148 (permalink)

I just called Verizon. Buying a 4G phone does not change your grandfathered unlimited data plan. The rep laughed when I asked. Sorry TAR.
Last edited by bberryhill0; January 13th, 2012 at 08:39 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bberryhill0 For This Useful Post:
Fabiana (January 14th, 2012), rsarno (February 21st, 2012)
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #149 (permalink)
Wait. What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bberryhill0 View Post
I just called Verizon. Buying a 4G phone does not change your grandfathered unlimited data plan. The rep laughed when I asked. Sorry TAR.

No offense taken my friend. Thanks for setting the record straight, it's good to know!

Knowing is half the battle.

I still wouldn't be trading this phone for any other on the market right now.
Old January 14th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #150 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Incredible 2 on MIUI, LG Spectrum, OG Droid Retired, OG Droid RIP

Send a message via Skype™ to magdelaine emrjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtheistReverend View Post
No offense taken my friend. Thanks for setting the record straight, it's good to know!

Knowing is half the battle.

I still wouldn't be trading this phone for any other on the market right now.
You know, I was really wanting to get the Nexus before it came out, but I have to agree with you. Fabiana, if you don't "need" a 4G device, then get another Dinc2! It's a great phone indeed. I haven't had one hiccup. The only thing missing for me is the speaker volume. I do miss how I could play the radio on my Droid and hear it anywhere in the room.

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2