Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 9th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #101 (permalink)
Wait. What??

Device(s): SG4, DNA, N7
Carrier: Depends on the breeze.

I have been using juice defender plus for a couple days now and it has almost doubled my battery life. I'm sold on this.
I have it checking for wifi every half hour and updating my email and accounts every hour. Set to turn off data for when I sleep, and it will still check for and make a data connection whenever I wake the phone and/or open an app that needs a data connection. Awesome.
I also deleted news, stocks, friendstream, and stock weather apps and Widgets plus a few more.
No need for an oversized battery now.

Get your own DropBox HERE! Get Copy too!
sponsored links
Old August 9th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #102 (permalink)

Device(s): A whole drawer full.
Carrier: Verizon (usually)

Doubled? What does that mean? I'm just trying to get an idea as I go through half thebbattery on a normal day without juice defender.
Old August 9th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #103 (permalink)
Wait. What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
Doubled? What does that mean? I'm just trying to get an idea as I go through half thebbattery on a normal day without juice defender.

Before any of the previously mentioned alterations were made I was at 20% by 2000. Phone was unplugged around 0500 every day and is used relatively heavily all day.
Now I can usually make it almost all the way through my second day getting down to 10% or so.
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #104 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid DNA
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
Juice Defender provides stats. Specifically it says "juice defender increased your battery life by 1.XX (estimated over 48 hours). I commonly score 1.8X-1.9X. Before using JD I would take the phone off the charger in the morning and be down below 40% at night. Now I'm usually about 70% This is using JD Plus. The free version is also quite good, but Plus gives more granular control over more phone functions.
Old August 9th, 2011, 11:15 PM   #105 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Incredible (retired), HTC Incredible 2 (retired), HTC DNA
Carrier: Verizon

Victek, you mind sharing your jd settings?
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
Victek, you mind sharing your jd settings?
No prob I use JD Plus. On the "About" screen "mobile data" enabled (in the Disable on WiFi section) and "enable after unlock" (in the Screen section). On the "Status" screen under Profile "Customize", Notificaiton=text (don't think this matters much), Quickbox enabled. "Settings" screen Mobile data enabled, WiFi enabled, WiFi preferred, Location enabled, Schedule enabled, Frequency 15 minutes, Night enabled, Apps disabled (enabling apps involves too much fussing for my taste and I don't see the need/benefit).

Hope this is useful. I also have the JD widget on my home screen since it shows JD turning on/off WiFi and 3G in real-time - that's useful to confirm it's working properly (I find that occasionally it doesn't turn on WiFi when it should, so I pull down the Quick Settings to turn it on).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to victek For This Useful Post:
cmybliss (October 7th, 2011), Masamune (August 10th, 2011)
Old August 11th, 2011, 09:47 AM   #107 (permalink)
Wait. What??

Also been getting 1.8-1.9 X improvement, though I have had to do some tweaking recently to keep Pandora running. The settings to wake connectivity for that specific app weren't working, so currently I am running without apps enabled and without wifi preferred. We'll see how my numbers look in another week.
Old August 13th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #108 (permalink)

Device(s):

i got a dinc2 to replace a faulty droid2 and 2 other droid2 replacements vzw sent me that also had issues (go figure).

i was pretty upset with the inc2 battery life. i was in the red around 12-13 hours every day...everyone on here is saying it is so great...i dont know whats wrong. i don't update twitter/news/etc too too often...only thing i do have is push exhange for work...but i didnt have that the first day and it still had battery issues.

i tried juice defender...but it cant toggle mobile data on gingerbread, so i don't really see a big advantage there...do others on GB?

i'm doing 2 factory restores right now and seeing if it helps at alll.....hope so.
Old August 13th, 2011, 06:13 PM   #109 (permalink)
Wait. What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zschiffman View Post
i got a dinc2 to replace a faulty droid2 and 2 other droid2 replacements vzw sent me that also had issues (go figure).

i was pretty upset with the inc2 battery life. i was in the red around 12-13 hours every day...everyone on here is saying it is so great...i dont know whats wrong. i don't update twitter/news/etc too too often...only thing i do have is push exhange for work...but i didnt have that the first day and it still had battery issues.

i tried juice defender...but it cant toggle mobile data on gingerbread, so i don't really see a big advantage there...do others on GB?

i'm doing 2 factory restores right now and seeing if it helps at alll.....hope so.
I hope those factory restores help you, but keep in mind it can take some people a while to see the full potential of their battery life. It took my phone almost 3 weeks before the battery life was near what everyone else was claiming. Not sure why that is, but maybe it has something to do with breaking in the battery (though many claim this isn't possible), or my repeated efforts to tweak the battery life through settings (and finally adding juice defender).

My battery life was darn good before juice defender (plus) but has relly improved since adding it.

I don't always believe the stats in battery useage. Data and Wifi were never listed as high users of battery, but once I began using JD to toggle off data and customize the useage of data connections I saw a large jump in battery life. And yes, I am on GB debloated)
Old August 13th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you using JD Free or JD Plus? I noticed a marked improvement when I moved to PLus because it can toggle WiFi and 3G based on a number of criteria. It also has a night scheduling option. I'm not noticing any problem using it since the GB update. Have you tried putting the JD widget on one of the home screens so you can see it turning things on and off?

Another free utility I like is Screebl Lite. I use it to keep the screen on when I'm viewing and turning it off ASAP when I'm done. Also try "Auto Kill" for memory management and get a task viewer to see if there's a process hogging the CPU and running the battery down. Hope this helps.
sponsored links
Old August 13th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #111 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by victek View Post
Are you using JD Free or JD Plus? I noticed a marked improvement when I moved to PLus because it can toggle WiFi and 3G based on a number of criteria. It also has a night scheduling option. I'm not noticing any problem using it since the GB update. Have you tried putting the JD widget on one of the home screens so you can see it turning things on and off?

Another free utility I like is Screebl Lite. I use it to keep the screen on when I'm viewing and turning it off ASAP when I'm done. Also try "Auto Kill" for memory management and get a task viewer to see if there's a process hogging the CPU and running the battery down. Hope this helps.
in the app itself it says it will not be able to toggle data (wifi it can, obvi) on a GB phone because of the way the system handles things now. i cant even click on enable on that setting. i was using plus

JD i think caused me more harm than good...but i didnt give it a lot of time to try. i live in a building where cell service sucks right when you walk in....i have a network extender to help. so when it turns of wifi, i think that hurts me more because its looking for 3g and cant find it inside.

i also use gchat a lot so JD only lets me get my messages every now and then when screen is off.

i did the factory reset...we'll see how it goes tomorrow.
Old August 13th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #112 (permalink)

Device(s):

there is an app that works on GB, green power. i may give that a try if tomorrow is no better w/o.
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
in the app itself it says it will not be able to toggle data (wifi it can, obvi) on a GB phone because of the way the system handles things now. i cant even click on enable on that setting. i was using plus
I looked through the Juice Defender Plus UI and can't find any mention about not being able to toggle data on Ginger Bread. I'm using 3.5.8 which is the latest, and I can watch the JD widget toggling data on/off in real time. Maybe you didn't have this version?
Old August 14th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #114 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I looked through the Juice Defender Plus UI and can't find any mention about not being able to toggle data on Ginger Bread. I'm using 3.5.8 which is the latest, and I can watch the JD widget toggling data on/off in real time. Maybe you didn't have this version?
i dunno...i got it from amazon market. read about it too if you google it. beats me

anyways so this is day 1 since doing a factory reset on the phone. i unplugged it 1 hour and 15 min ago and I am at 88%
Voice calls take 39% (7m 30s)
display 38% (8m 54s)
dialer 9%
wifi 6% running the whole time, though w/o a signal for 30 min or so when I went out for lunch
cell standby 4%, 11% w/o a signal
idle 4%

maybe the standby is killing me? but i was on wifi and have a network extender....was never really an issue with my Droid2 when i had it.

12% in an hour seems shitty, no?
Old August 14th, 2011, 02:34 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
12% in an hour seems shitty, no?
Well, there's that business about the battery not really being at 100% when it says 100%. That's why the first 10% falls off so quickly, or so I've read in another thread.
Old August 14th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #116 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Well, there's that business about the battery not really being at 100% when it says 100%. That's why the first 10% falls off so quickly, or so I've read in another thread.
yeah, it does seem that first 10% is always the quickest. though last night i did charge it to full, turn off, unplug and replug, and charged it again to full....but who knows.

just sucks to see everyone on here saying they can go a long time on battery, and i last about 10 hrs before in the red sometimes.

i spent 10 bucks and ordered 2 replacement batteries and a charger for them off ebay...this way i can always carry a spare if needed and i know i wont be able to plug in.
Old August 14th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #117 (permalink)

Device(s):

this is all old news for me now...as it looks like a GB root just came out...once I can get Miui on this guy I should (hopefully) be golden!
Old August 15th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #118 (permalink)

Device(s):

put miui on last night after rooting. 14 hrs unplugged and at 45%. much better.
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:02 AM   #119 (permalink)

Device(s):

I love JD. Upgraded to pro after a week of use, and the customizability makes me quite happy

Edit: I got about 1.7x max for the free version. After some customizations the max I got on the pro version is 2.0x
Old August 17th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #120 (permalink)

Device(s):

I'm now getting 24+ hours without JD just running MIUI Rom.
sponsored links
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:21 AM   #121 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Horrible battery - somebody please help

Im team Droid for life but now im thinking about getting an iPhone ... i got the droid incredible 2 about 3 weeks ago, and the battery life is absolutely HORRIBLE ... i take it off the charger at 8:15 and its at 25% by 12:30pm ... I RARELY GO ON THE INTERNET,NEVER PLAY GAMES,DONT LISTEN TO MUSIC, STAY ON THE FONE FOR ABOUT 5 MINS AT A TIME... the only thing i really do is text alot and go on the facebook app... nothing is running in the background wifi off, gps off, bluetooth off, i turned all my syncs that im not using off. including weather, tango, news, i even turned gmail off .. so yesterday i went back to verizon and got a new battery hoping it would make a difference .. 2 day i took to fone off the charger at 8:30am made a few text , one fone call to my mom for about 3 mins .. didnt go on the internet its been off the charger for exactly 2 hours now and its down to 77% ..... IM REALLY ABOUT TO CHANGE TO AN IPHONE ... IDC IF ITS NOT AS GOOD AS ANDROID BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW ITS NOT ... But whats the point of having a great fone when you can only use it for 5 hours .. i cant even go to the mall with out bringing my charger with me ...
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:26 AM   #122 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible 1, HTC Droid Incredible 2, HTC Droid DNA, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

What you have going on is definitely not normal. Something is causing your battery to drain quickly. Likely a program is running in the background and is spinning out of control.

List off what all is using your battery. Go to Settings>About Phone>Battery>Battery Use.

But it makes sense that after changing the battery the drop isn't as severe.

How is your reception? Is your phone struggling to get a 3G connection? Or bouncing between 3G and 1x frequently?
Are you near WiFi for any part of the day? At home maybe?

Try using WiFi instead of 3G for your data and see if there is an improvement in battery consumption. If there is then it could point to poor 3G reception and that is stressing out your battery.
Last edited by nate.kelmes; August 18th, 2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:15 PM   #123 (permalink)
Wait. What??

I hate to say it, but-factory reset.
If that doesn't work trade in your phone, its broke. Defective. No good. Crappola. It happens, don't get too bent outta shape about it.
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #124 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible 1, HTC Droid Incredible 2, HTC Droid DNA, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

So reading through this thread since it's inception i'm curious as to what Juice Defender really does to your phone, performance, battery life, etc. Does it really work or does one think it's helping because they have the power to physically kill a task and thus making them think they are cutting back on running processes that will drain their battery.

On my Dinc1 I used Task Killer and I think the results were mediocre at best. Maybe it squeezed an extra hour of battery life on a daily basis. It seems that a good number of folks have seen really positive results with JD running and a few who haven't seen the same results with JD running. For those of you who live by JD turn the application off for a day or two and toss up some comparisons on this thread. I'd really like to see the difference between running it and not running it.

That being said... I don't use any task killer or Juice Defender on my Dinc2. I've gotten stellar battery life since day 1 (release day). A co-worker of mine has had the Dinc2 for a couple of weeks and complains about battery life. I wonder, and I don't really know the answer here so if you do please chime in, is there possibly differences between builds and releases of the phone. I got mine on release day and my buddy got his after GB came out. Could there be a difference with hardware used during the retail life span of the phone that can cause drastic differences between battery life and consumption?

Speaking of stellar battery life... My phone has been off the charger since about 730am yesterday morning (just shy of 30 hours). My battery just hit 30% remaining. I'll post a screen shot of battery consumption if anyone would like to see it, or if anyone cares. I am truly stumped as to why other people don't see such great battery life...
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.kelmes View Post
So reading through this thread since it's inception i'm curious as to what Juice Defender really does to your phone, performance, battery life, etc. Does it really work or does one think it's helping because they have the power to physically kill a task and thus making them think they are cutting back on running processes that will drain their battery.
I would describe Juice Defender (JD) Plus or Ultimate as a highly granular scheduling app, not a task killer. One problem is it's a nuisance to turn things on only when you need them and then turn them off, such as GPS or WiFi. If you turn everything on and leave it on though the battery takes a hit. JD is the answer to this issue because it will turn things on when you need them and turn them off when you don't. The better you understand the app the more you can refine how it works and save more battery. For instance instead of turning the phone off at night I use the JD night schedule which disables all the network checking/syncing. JD will also automatically turn off 3G when it connects to my home WiFi. So no magic involved, just a lot of micro-management which would be too annoying to do manually.
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #126 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
For instance instead of turning the phone off at night I use the JD night schedule which disables all the network checking/syncing. JD will also automatically turn off 3G when it connects to my home WiFi. So no magic involved, just a lot of micro-management which would be too annoying to do manually.
Okay, I did not know all of that about JD... but... when I connect to my WiFi at home 3G is then disabled. The phone handles that already.
Old August 21st, 2011, 06:42 AM   #127 (permalink)

Device(s):

Getting 28+ hours on stock rom running juice defender. Bloatwear is simply frozen. Really pleased.

Note: I have not changed JD settings from my earlier post, just froze the bloat.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 02:24 AM   #128 (permalink)

Well today I have gotten 16.5 hours with 36% remaining with moderate use and horrible reception. I use jd pro, screen timeout 15 sec, barely any wifi today and screen on full.

Edit: and I play quite a few games on my phone, all my syncs other than weather and email are at either manual or the longest they can be and my jd shuts everything (i.e. Mobile network, text, calls, ect...) off and pings for them every 15 minutes.
Last edited by Masamune; August 23rd, 2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 07:34 PM   #129 (permalink)
Wait. What??

Seriously. Juice Defender Plus is the shizzle. I'll never go without it again.

And this is with 40% still remaining!
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #130 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Incredible 2

What is miui? Is this available in the APP store? My battery life is horrible.
sponsored links
Old August 24th, 2011, 09:26 AM   #131 (permalink)
Wait. What??

MIUI is a custom ROM. They have a website where all their stuff is available. That rom is one of the most "unique" among androids, I think it looks like the iPhone a bit but i still like it.
Just Google MIUI
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAtheistReverend For This Useful Post:
JasonH31 (August 24th, 2011)
Old August 25th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #132 (permalink)

Device(s): DINC2

JD is awesome i just started using the difference is incredible. That was with the free version I just bought the plus version so I expect it to get somewhat better. I downloaded the auto killer it suggested as well so we will see what happens.
Old August 25th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish.rp View Post
JD is awesome i just started using the difference is incredible. That was with the free version I just bought the plus version so I expect it to get somewhat better. I downloaded the auto killer it suggested as well so we will see what happens.
Regarding "Auto Killer" I couldn't figure out if it did anything. It's not clear if it requires a rooted phone for some or all of its' features to work.

On the other hand Juice Defender does work for me. The Plus version enables control over WiFi, and some useful scheduling and location options. By the way, did you get it from the Market or from Amazon? I have a problem in that I bought it from Amazon before I realized it was an older version and for some reason the developer can't get Amazon to put up the latest build.
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #134 (permalink)

Device(s): DINC2

Quote:
Regarding "Auto Killer" I couldn't figure out if it did anything. It's not clear if it requires a rooted phone for some or all of its' features to work.

On the other hand Juice Defender does work for me. The Plus version enables control over WiFi, and some useful scheduling and location options. By the way, did you get it from the Market or from Amazon? I have a problem in that I bought it from Amazon before I realized it was an older version and for some reason the developer can't get Amazon to put up the latest build.
Well I did read that Auto Killer will work better on a rooted phone.The short version of what I got from it was it kills apps based on usage until you start them again. Biggest reason I decided to give it a shot was JD referenced it.I have a feeling I'm going to need all the battery I can get this weekend thanks to a unwelcomed visitor named IRENE.
Old August 25th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #135 (permalink)

Device(s):

First day with the Incredible 2. Fully charged (while off) overnight. 13 hrs off the charger with light-moderate use and at 40%... No calls, just a few texts, emails, and fooling with it here and there. Display is the biggest user, at 66%, for 1h40m. What brightness are you guys using on the screen? My old Droid I kept on auto brightness, but I think this screen is a bit hungrier than that one...

I'm running Virtuous Unity, all bloatware frozen, and using JD free with the default settings. It claims a 1.7x increase, if that's true I'd hate to see this phone without it!
Old August 26th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #136 (permalink)

Device(s): OG Droid; want either Bionic or whatever Samsung's got coming on Verizon!

Does anyone know if the battery issue will be fixed with vigor?
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #137 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible 2

1.Do different themes have different effects on battery life?
I've been using the default HTC Sense theme since getting my Inc2 a few weeks ago but switched to the Slate theme this morning. In a few hours time I've seen far less battery drain just with the phone being idle.

2. Does pulling the SIM card do anything for battery life? As soon as I got the phone I set it to use CDMA for the preferred network. My prior BlackBerry Storm and Tour had a similar setting but I was always told that pulling the card would further improve battery life. I've done it on my Inc2 but I'm just wondering if it really has any effect on this phone or not?
Old August 27th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #138 (permalink)

Device(s): Past: hTC Wildfire Int'l Version,hTC Droid Incredible 2 Vzw, hTC OneX,Current:Nexus 4
Carrier: AT&T

Question Good questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y73BUG View Post
I've been using the default HTC Sense theme since getting my Inc2 a few weeks ago but switched to the Slate theme this morning. In a few hours time I've seen far less battery drain just with the phone being idle.

2. Does pulling the SIM card do anything for battery life? As soon as I got the phone I set it to use CDMA for the preferred network. My prior BlackBerry Storm and Tour had a similar setting but I was always told that pulling the card would further improve battery life. I've done it on my Inc2 but I'm just wondering if it really has any effect on this phone or not?
I have wondered the same if the sim in or out will make a difference.

Also, about the themes "skins" I noticed using simple black by gadget! seemed to have less strain.
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #139 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In

Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll_killer View Post
Does anyone know if the battery issue will be fixed with vigor?
Not unless they put a 1900mah battery in It is possible with (possible) newer version of sense that the code will be optimized some more for better battery performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y73BUG View Post

Themes... not really no. I would guess that the brighter theme you use might use more battery. I know with amoled that any screen with a lot of black in it would use less power. All white screens will drain battery etc.....

Sim card shouldn't change anything. Toggle 3g off when not in use and battery will perform MUCH better
Old August 29th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #140 (permalink)

Ok so last night before I plugged my phone in, I was at 30 hours unplugged with 47% battery left. JD pro is saying that I receive x2.07 increase from it. The only thing that I changed is that I turned the 'WiFi always on' to off since I don't need it all the time. Display still ate up the majority of my battery since i like it at around 70-80% during the day and around 10-15% at night.

This was with moderate usage. Music for about 2-3 hours, games for about 3 hours, a couple of 10 minute phone calls, quite a bit of texting, 1 or 2 emails and some news reading.
sponsored links
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #141 (permalink)

Device(s): Past: hTC Wildfire Int'l Version,hTC Droid Incredible 2 Vzw, hTC OneX,Current:Nexus 4

Post Juice defender

Anyone checking the enable mobile data autofix option? Sometimes my 3G takes a while to fully come on & my gmail & weather apps time out trying to update & says connection timed out or retry.
Loving juice defender (free version set to custom) so far because it does automatically what I was doing manually in the settings before I would lock the screen & I can still get email & updates when it schedules itself to come on while the screen is still locked.
This is the only minor problem I have run into.
I will most likely get the plus package since it looks like all I will need.
Thanks.
Old September 7th, 2011, 09:16 AM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.adams22 View Post
Anyone checking the enable mobile data autofix option? Sometimes my 3G takes a while to fully come on & my gmail & weather apps time out trying to update & says connection timed out or retry.
Loving juice defender (free version set to custom) so far because it does automatically what I was doing manually in the settings before I would lock the screen & I can still get email & updates when it schedules itself to come on while the screen is still locked.
This is the only minor problem I have run into.
I will most likely get the plus package since it looks like all I will need.
Thanks.
I enabled the 3g Auto-fix option just to check it out (wasn't having a problem). It didn't hurt anything so I'd give it a try. I recommend using the Advanced profile instead of custom as it will give you more granular control. Upgrading to JD Plus is really worth it IMHO as it gives you control over WiFi and many additional features such as Night scheduling. Don't bother with Ultimate unless you have a rooted phone - most of the additional features require "root".
The Following User Says Thank You to victek For This Useful Post:
blackepoxy (September 12th, 2011)
Old September 11th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #143 (permalink)

Device(s): Htc Droid Incredible 2, Lg G2x, Htc Sensation

I get through 9ish hours be4 10% on heavy use:]
Old September 12th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #144 (permalink)

Laugh JD Plus

Got the plus package, loving it so far! I am at 1 day and 1 hour right now with 51% battery left with normal use. I use the Curvefish brightness widget on the homescreen & have found that I can see the screen with it set to 0% when indoors. I also use Opera Mini to browse. (for just checking daily stuff, posting on here, etc.) It really goes light on the battery power. It is not a fully functional browser though, and not good for a lot of things, love the upload from SD card for posting pictures.

The Juice Defender log has some stuff in it I don't fully understand, like does anyone know exactly what "Warning throttling data toggle" means?
I looked on the jd forums & didn't see an answer.
Also, when I had the free and I would not disable the program before I shut my dinc2 down our let the battery die, out would show "warning juice defender was not shut down properly" and another error I got said that the apk was damaged and that I should uninstall reinstall and reboot.
I disable the jd from running now that I have the plus before shutting down the phone, letting the battery die or doing a restart and I have never seen these errors again. I just re-enable it after the phone comes back on.
So far so good, great battery life thanks to this thread alone!!!

Thank you to all who contributed!!!
Old September 12th, 2011, 09:43 AM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Got the plus package, loving it so far! I am at 1 day and 1 hour right now with 51% battery left with normal use.

I disable the jd from running now that I have the plus before shutting down the phone, letting the battery die or doing a restart and I have never seen these errors again. I just re-enable it after the phone comes back on.
Glad it's working well for you. "JD Plus" works well for me too. Regarding saving battery at night, what I've been doing is leaving the phone on and using the Juice Defender Night Schedule. I have it set 12-6 AM, but I can put it into Night mode anytime from the QuickBox. I find that I only lose about 3% battery this way which is actually less then turning the phone off and on. The Night mode even has an option to put the phone in silent or vibrate mode. Unfortunately that feature isn't working for me, so I toggle the ringer manually. They are actively developing JD and releasing updated beta builds regularly so I'm hoping they will get the ringer toggle working eventually.
Old September 15th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #146 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hey -

So, it's been about 6 months, and I noticed my battery being less than awesome. I also had changed roms a few times (currently running the de-bloated stock). I wiped the battery stats and did a full drain and refill, and it seems better.

I think that I read somewhere that changing roms can mess with the battery stats somehow (not really sure how that would work technically), but things are back to all-day-land with moderate use.

edit: the app i used is battery calibrator, you need root for that. i am sure there is a non-root way to wipe the stats.
Old September 17th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #147 (permalink)

Question accessing quick box

Quote:
I have it set 12-6 AM, but I can put it into Night mode anytime from the QuickBox.
How exactly do you bring up the quick box to throw it into night mode at anytime?
I saw the quick box in the tutorials and what it looks like but I don't see any option for it in my jd plus. I have installed jd free then upgraded to plus through it, maybe I need beta for that.
Do you have plus on top of free or beta?
Old September 17th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
How exactly do you bring up the quick box to throw it into night mode at anytime?
I saw the quick box in the tutorials and what it looks like but I don't see any option for it in my jd plus. I have installed jd free then upgraded to plus through it, maybe I need beta for that.
Do you have plus on top of free or beta?
If you haven't already bring up the JD GUI and enable the Quickbox on the Status screen (Notification section). Then place a Juice Defender widget on one of your home screens. When you tap the widget it will bring up the Quickbox and one of the choices is Night, which enables the night schedule. I'm using the 3.6.1 beta with Plus 3.5.6 (from the Market), but I believe I had the Quickbox option when I wasn't using the beta too. Let me know if it works for you.
Old September 17th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #149 (permalink)

Question nope

I have jd plus 3.5.6 & there is no option on in the notification section for quick box. I just have graphical, text & disabled. The next setting under that is options & it only shows quick enable & quick disable. As for the widget, I have been using it on my home screen, tapping it only makes it turn yellow and enables/disabled jd from running. ???
Last edited by blackepoxy; September 17th, 2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: typos
Old September 17th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
I have jd plus 3.5.6 & there is no option on in the notification section for quick box. I just have graphical, text & disabled. The next setting under that is options & it only shows quick enable & quick disable. As for the widget, I have been using it on my home screen, tapping it only makes it turn yellow and enables/disabled jd from running. ???
Which profile are you using? I'm using Advanced, which unmasks additional options. In fact I think you have to use the Advanced profile to unmask the schedules tab. Then you can enable Night mode, after which it should appear in the Quickbox. Let me know.

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2