Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 4th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Internal and SD memory

How much internal memory does the DINC2 have and what's the SD card included in the box? I've read both 1GB and 8 GB for internal and 8GB and 16 GB for the micro sd card. What does it really come with? Would the SD card installed depend on where I get it from? Would wirefly for instance potentially have a different card than Verizon would include? I don't see how these specs can differ so much. Thanks.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Current: Moto X ... Retired: Razr Maxx Rooted, HTC Incredible 2 Rooted, HTC Eris Rooted

Send a message via Yahoo to thetomlin2 thetomlin2

There is 1.14GB of internal memory available and a 16GB SD card.
Old June 5th, 2011, 01:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 2013 (current), Galaxy S3, Toshiba Thrive, HTC Incredible 1& 2, Rezound, TBolt
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardotmnt View Post
How much internal memory does the DINC2 have and what's the SD card included in the box? I've read both 1GB and 8 GB for internal and 8GB and 16 GB for the micro sd card. What does it really come with? Would the SD card installed depend on where I get it from? Would wirefly for instance potentially have a different card than Verizon would include? I don't see how these specs can differ so much. Thanks.
TheTomlin2 is correct. The reason you're probably seeing different specs is the articles were probably written before it was released, it was just speculation before launch.

As far as the included sd card, those come in the box from the manufacturer. Unless a company like wirefly could specify a different capacity card they should all be the same. The only time I have seen anything other than 16Gb is on the Phonedog review video were the reviewer noted his unit came with an 8Gb card, but maybe that was a test unit.
Old June 9th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

If you plan on installing a lot of apps, keep away from the Incredible 2. I got mine last week, and I have to be very selective on what I install, because the internal memory sucks. Most apps still can't be moved to SD card, and you'd be surprised just how much space they use up.
Old June 9th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Current: Moto X ... Retired: Razr Maxx Rooted, HTC Incredible 2 Rooted, HTC Eris Rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashman1972 View Post
If you plan on installing a lot of apps, keep away from the Incredible 2. I got mine last week, and I have to be very selective on what I install, because the internal memory sucks. Most apps still can't be moved to SD card, and you'd be surprised just how much space they use up.

Huh? How many apps do you want? I came from an Eris and this has 10 times the memory. I have had exactly zero problems with the memory
Old June 9th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Incredible 2

Quote:
What do you consider a lot? If you figure the average app to be 6MB (I have no real basis for this number) you can mathematically get over 200 apps.
Old June 9th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
The majority of my apps are on my sd card, I've got no memory issues, this thing works smoother than my Droid X and I have the same amount of apps.
Old June 10th, 2011, 06:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Incredible 2 Droid 2 Global

Quote:
I'd love to know how many freaking apps you install that you have that issue!
Old June 14th, 2011, 05:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

I had like 125 total apps, and that includes everything that came on the phone. I've also discovered that my phone takes a year and a day to boot up now, and my app2sd card app now shows no size to any of my installed appson my phone or card, and I can no longer install, uninstall, move to SD or phone anymore, or update anything. I've done a master reset on this phone 5 times and have formatted my card too, only to see that didn't do anything.

@thetomlin2 - Your old phone had 100 meg internal? 1 gig of internal these days is nothing. That's why I'm pissed about this Incredible 2. The specs say 4 gig internal, and the minute you turn it on, 75% of that is used up.
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Incredible 2(retired), Verizon Galaxy S III Blue (lost), Nexus 7, Galaxy S 4 Black.
Carrier: Verizon

valorian13

Quote:
I had like 125 total apps, and that includes everything that came on the phone.
So how many of these 125 apps are ones you installed?
sponsored links
Old June 14th, 2011, 09:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
@thetomlin2 - Your old phone had 100 meg internal?
Yeah .. it had 256mb but half was already used out of the box ... Had about 120 to work with.
Old June 14th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid Incredible 2 Droid 2 Global

125 apps! Damn! I have a difficult time finding 50 that are even worth installing..

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2