Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Cry Text messaging draft glitch

So it seems the text messaging on my phone is not working correctly when it comes to drafts. So here's the situation. When I write something in the text box, then hit the back button or home screen button, it saves the message as a draft. When I go back to the message, the text is sitting there still, which is fine.

What is not fine is that if I decide not to send this message, it will not go away. I can hit the menu button, hit drafts, and delete the draft, I can manually delete the text in the message and send a different message, I can manually delete the text and then back out to the menu attempting to save the blank space as a new draft... etc. None of it works. When I go back into the text message conversation, the original text that was saved as the draft is always there. This means I have to delete the text every time before I start actually typing what I want to say.

I realize this is a difficult problem to describe, but does anyone else think they are having similar issues? Is it just a glitch that will hopefully be rectified in the near future? Am I an idiot somehow, and I am just missing something? Thanks!

Advertisements
Last edited by DTown; July 11th, 2011 at 07:06 PM.
sponsored links
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Motorola DROID RAZR, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Fascinate, Motorola Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTown View Post
So it seems the text messaging on my phone is not working correctly when it comes to drafts. So here's the situation. When I write something in the text box, then hit the back button or home screen button, it saves the message as a draft. When I go back to the message, the text is sitting there still, which is fine.

What is not fine is that if I decide not to send this message, it will not go away. I can hit the menu button, hit drafts, and delete the draft, I can manually delete the text in the message and send a different message, I can manually delete the text and then back out to the menu attempting to save the blank space as a new draft... etc. None of it works. When I go back into the text message conversation, the original text that was saved as the draft is always there. This means I have to delete the text every time before I start actually typing what I want to say.

I realize this is a difficult problem to describe, but does anyone else think they are having similar issues? Is it just a glitch that will hopefully be rectified in the near future? Am I an idiot somehow, and I am just missing something? Thanks!
^Yes I totally had that issue the first day I got my phone. I was texting someone...had to exit out for a minute, came back...it was saved as a draft, so I finished it, sent it...no big deal...but like you said, every time I came back to text w/ that person the draft message was sitting in the text box. It would NEVER go away, no matter how many times I deleted the draft or erased the message in the text box. Eventually it stopped after I deleted the message thread & rebooted a few times.
Old July 17th, 2011, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid Inredible 2

I just had a similar problem yesteday. It would fill in the text box with a message I sent over a week ago everytime I tried to reply to the same person on different messages. I shut the phone off completely and it seemed to fix it.
Old July 30th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus S - T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTown View Post
I can hit the menu button, hit drafts, and delete the draft,
I swear I did this once, but now I have several draft messages, and yet I don't have the 'Drafts' under the menu.

I'm on Android 2.3.4

Anyone know how to get into the drafts menu?
Old July 31st, 2011, 08:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): droid incredible 2

I had this same problem. If you delete the thread you shpuld be fine. Also i scrapped the stock sms and downloaded go sms. It is much better and faster. Never had that problem again.

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Tags
draft, error, glitch, messaging, text message

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2