Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 12th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Error Message When Mounting

I was trying to help a friend set up their new Droid Incredible 2 yesterday, and I'm having a strange issue that I can't seem to resolve. I'm fairly new to Android myself, so maybe I'm just doing something obviously wrong.

Anyway, I set it up to mount as a disk drive when plugged into a computer. But whenever I plug it in I get an error message saying the disk can't be read. But if I hit Ignore, it mounts just fine. I also get the same message if it's set to Charge Only.

Perhaps it's a non-issue since it does successfully mount and ultimately works just fine as long as we hit ignore. But that error message is a bit annoying, so if there's something I can do to make it not pop up every time it's plugged in, that'd be great.

Thanks!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old July 12th, 2011, 11:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): US Cellular Galaxy S4
Carrier: US Cellular

Be sure you have USB debugging on. Usually it will do it automatically but if not, go to settings - applications - development, and check the USB debugging box. Also, be sure you've check off downloading 3rd party apps.

ETA: Did you download and install HTC Sync from the HTC site? The PC needs this for the HTC drivers and won't recognize the phone without it.
Old July 12th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

It's being hooked up to a Mac, not a PC, so I haven't downloaded HTC Sync. I think we'd turned debugging on already, but I'll check that.

Thanks!
Old July 13th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Incredible 2, Moto Droid X

I have the same behavior with mine & my Mac. I'll try turning USB debugging "ON" later to see if that stops it.

It's not too big a deal, as pressing "Ignore" and waiting ~5 seconds results in the phone mounting anyway, but it is a bit weird. Might have something to do with the time it takes the phone to un-mount the SD card when it senses it's been plugged in.
Old July 13th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I checked and debugging was turned off, but I'm still getting that error message after I turned it on. For reference, the exact message is "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." As stated above, it's not too big a deal since hitting Ignore results in everything working fine. But I'd still like to get rid of that error message if I could do it.

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2