Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Recommend an Incredible 2 case I'll love

I'm looking for a case to protect my brand new Incredible 2. I'm almost afraid to touch it without one. I am currently using a cheap rubbery one from one of those mall kiosks, but it doesn't even match up to the ports and it gaps on the sides of the phone.

-I will be using a screen protector (just trying the cheap ones from ebay for starters, $1.25 for a pack of three) so I would like a case that will work with those. The current rubber case is peeling up the default screen cover that came on the phone, which irritates me. I'm fine with a silicone type or rubbery case (as long as it is not sticky and a lint-magnet) as long as it won't interfere with my screen protectors.

-I would like a lip on the front to protect the screen in the case that the phone is laid face-down. I loved the look of the Incipio Feather cases but apparently they do not have this extra lip for protection.

I'm willing to pay more for high quality, although less-expensive is preferable. I don't expect that I will drop my phone frequently so this is mostly for scratch protection.

Oh yes- sleek and sexy is a huge plus.

Thanks so much in advance!!

kgirl91 is offline  
Last edited by kgirl91; July 25th, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
spook45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 15
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

For the ultimate in phone protection, try the Otterbox Defender for your Dinc2. I got one about a week ago and just love it. Completely covers the phone and has a built-in screen protector. Also port protectors built-in. Available from Amazon for $20 to $30.
spook45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
thetomlin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 1,292
 
Device(s): Current: Moto X ... Retired: Razr Maxx Rooted, HTC Incredible 2 Rooted, HTC Eris Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 61
Thanked 245 Times in 166 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to thetomlin2 thetomlin2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spook45 View Post
For the ultimate in phone protection, try the Otterbox Defender for your Dinc2. I got one about a week ago and just love it. Completely covers the phone and has a built-in screen protector. Also port protectors built-in. Available from Amazon for $20 to $30.
... but it is not sleek or sexy
__________________
Twitter: @MajaJamesPhoto
thetomlin2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 168
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

and the silicon part also does collect lint.

oh and for screen protectors, just save yourself time and hassle with other ones and get them from steinhill. easy to put on with no adhesive but stays on and fits perfectly.
bik2101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post
oh and for screen protectors, just save yourself time and hassle with other ones and get them from steinhill. easy to put on with no adhesive but stays on and fits perfectly.
I did see recommendations for the Steinheil protectors but I figured I'd try the ebay ones first, since I wasn't quite ready to drop almost $20 on the protectors without first deciding on a case (in case I chose a case that came with a protector or had one built-in.

Any more suggestions for lint-free, sexy and protective cases?
kgirl91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 168
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

i have a bunch of cases. the seidio surface, the incipio feather, and a bunch of tpu cases i just recently bought and have been using. i realy like these tpu cases because they fit perfectly, provide decent enough protection with a lip for the screen when screen face down. they look nice too and aren't sticky at all.
bik2101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post
i realy like these tpu cases because they fit perfectly, provide decent enough protection with a lip for the screen when screen face down. they look nice too and aren't sticky at all.
Are the port cut-outs precise?
kgirl91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 168
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

perfectly. i'll snap some pictures toinght when i get home and send them or post them here.
bik2101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post
perfectly. i'll snap some pictures toinght when i get home and send them or post them here.
Fantastic, thanks. Where did you get yours from? Oh, and do you use a screen protector/would it be likely to pull up the edges of one?
kgirl91 is offline  
Last edited by kgirl91; July 25th, 2011 at 02:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 131
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 28
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

+1 on otterbox defender. Not sleek, but saves you money cos you don't need phone insurance ;-)
seejoshplay is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 168
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgirl91 View Post
Fantastic, thanks. Where did you get yours from? Oh, and do you use a screen protector/would it be likely to pull up the edges of one?
well i got them from some htc accessories store (forget the site name) but they arr apparently available cheaper on amazon. and yes i use a steinhill scren protector (which is why i recommended them) and no they do not pull up the edges. i had on a screen protector from boxwave which kept getting the edges pulled up with my tpu case so i decided to put on my steinhill and no more problems
bik2101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Love the seido active
SeanGTS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGTS View Post
Love the seido active
I hear that has a lint problem...
kgirl91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
the208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 116
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Seidio Surface is the case you want. The blue looks awesome.
the208 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 12:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
McLovlein13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 271
 
Device(s): HTC DInc2, Lg Ally
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 56
Thanked 64 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post
well i got them from some htc accessories store (forget the site name) but they arr apparently available cheaper on amazon. and yes i use a steinhill scren protector (which is why i recommended them) and no they do not pull up the edges. i had on a screen protector from boxwave which kept getting the edges pulled up with my tpu case so i decided to put on my steinhill and no more problems
+1 for tpu, search for them on amazon, cheapest there.
McLovlein13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 04:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 444
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 31 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Like others have said the tpu is everything you want, best part is it costs a fraction of other cases.
Stealthman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 50
 
Device(s): Motorola Original Droid Samsung Fascinate HTC Droid Incredible 2 Motorola Razr HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

My wife and I just got the Dinc2. I've go mine in an Otterbox Defender which I love because it adds just enough bulk to the phone to fit better in hands. My wife has the Seidio Active which she loves because it's not as bulky. Both look great. If you want a fuller form factor for your phone and max protection go with Otterbox Defender. If you want slimmer form factor with good protection go with Seidio Active. Both fit perfectly and have the lip you want.
ozarkham is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
blackepoxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The "ville" La
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Past: hTC Wildfire Int'l Version,hTC Droid Incredible 2 Vzw, hTC OneX,Current:Nexus 4
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 659
Thanked 249 Times in 190 Posts
Thumbs up Seidio active

+ 1
Seidio Active
__________________
Whoa!!! I can see your power level with my google glasses!!! ;D
blackepoxy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 66
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Anyone have problems with the TPU case coming off when pulling out of your pocket? I had a TPU case on my itouch but every time I took it out of my pocket, one of the corners would always come off. Granted the itouch is thin and the case wasn't as snug as it could be.
gangsterazn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 168
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangsterazn View Post
Anyone have problems with the TPU case coming off when pulling out of your pocket? I had a TPU case on my itouch but every time I took it out of my pocket, one of the corners would always come off. Granted the itouch is thin and the case wasn't as snug as it could be.
yeah that was probably just a result of a poorly made case. but if you get a good one, that won't be an issue. i've been using mine had no issues with that. actually, i have a lot of trouble getting the tpu case off of my phone sometimes when i feel like switching up the case for a different look.
bik2101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 26th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 142
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

just ordered the Sedio Active in blue. It looks cool on the web site.
Rangerdavid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
blackepoxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The "ville" La
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,071
 
Device(s): Past: hTC Wildfire Int'l Version,hTC Droid Incredible 2 Vzw, hTC OneX,Current:Nexus 4
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 659
Thanked 249 Times in 190 Posts
Wink Cases to look at

Hey, kgirl91, look for my thread called just torn between two cases.
Look where I put see them both here.
There is a link to a site with a lot of different cases to look at, maybe you can find one you like there.
blackepoxy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the silver Case Mate Barely There. I tried a couple of cases and found this was a good compromise as it really makes the phone sleek (kind of looks like a nicer version of the iPhone). The holes and everything line up perfectly as well.
kgivelekian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I just have Verizon's High Gloss Silicone Cover (the black one, not the purple one)...works great and doesn't add much bulk.

Any complaints with this one?
SLeepdepD is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 12:32 AM   #25 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgivelekian View Post
I have the silver Case Mate Barely There. I tried a couple of cases and found this was a good compromise as it really makes the phone sleek (kind of looks like a nicer version of the iPhone). The holes and everything line up perfectly as well.
Wow, that is a nice looking case! Do you feel like it's sturdy enough to protect the phone through a fall? (It looks like it's all one piece, is that correct?) Also, does it have the lip to protect the screen, or do the edges end up flush with the screen?

To everyone else, thanks for all the replies. I bought the TPU case bik2101 recommended (for only $5!!) but depending on how it fits my phone, the search may continue.
kgirl91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 12:48 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 168
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgivelekian View Post
I have the silver Case Mate Barely There. I tried a couple of cases and found this was a good compromise as it really makes the phone sleek (kind of looks like a nicer version of the iPhone). The holes and everything line up perfectly as well.
i have this one also but found i don't like it much because it really becomes too slippery for me. its way too smooth and slick. makes it too easy to lose grip of it.
bik2101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Southeast coast
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): HTC Dinc2, iPad
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Love my cases

I have both a cobalt blue argyle TPU case and an OEM HTC leather Messenger
Pocket that I got from daydeal.com. Love them both but they cannot be used together as the TPU makes the phone too thick to slide in the pocket.
prchhi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ballisticn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 760
 
Device(s): VZW Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 190
Thanked 157 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Really surprised nobody has mentioned the otterbox commuter case. I have one for the inc 2 and one for the droid x and the case is top notch for a good protective case with minimal bulk added. Comes with a great screen protecter, silicon sleeve that you slide the phone into (sleeve includes a plug for the usb port) and then a plastic outer shell that the sleeve slides into. I ordered mine from amazon and with upgraded next day delivery (using the free amazon prime trial) I paid a total of $26 and change.
__________________
*Insert witty line here*
ballisticn8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 50
 
Device(s): Motorola Original Droid Samsung Fascinate HTC Droid Incredible 2 Motorola Razr HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkham View Post
My wife and I just got the Dinc2. I've go mine in an Otterbox Defender which I love because it adds just enough bulk to the phone to fit better in hands. My wife has the Seidio Active which she loves because it's not as bulky. Both look great. If you want a fuller form factor for your phone and max protection go with Otterbox Defender. If you want slimmer form factor with good protection go with Seidio Active. Both fit perfectly and have the lip you want.

Update to my Otterbox Defender case. I've started to notice squeaking from where the inner shell does not tightly fit together against the phone. Others also complain of the same thing. The silicone outer shell is also beginning to loosen up and slip off the edges. Only 1 week old too. Getting ready to test drive a siedieo active like my wife bought and may switch.
ozarkham is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
the208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 116
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticn8 View Post
Really surprised nobody has mentioned the otterbox commuter case. I have one for the inc 2 and one for the droid x and the case is top notch for a good protective case with minimal bulk added. Comes with a great screen protecter, silicon sleeve that you slide the phone into (sleeve includes a plug for the usb port) and then a plastic outer shell that the sleeve slides into. I ordered mine from amazon and with upgraded next day delivery (using the free amazon prime trial) I paid a total of $26 and change.
I have the Otterbox Commuter. Per the OP's wishlist, the Commuter is neither sleek nor sexy.
the208 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 1st, 2011, 12:36 AM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ballisticn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 760
 
Device(s): VZW Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 190
Thanked 157 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the208 View Post
I have the Otterbox Commuter. Per the OP's wishlist, the Commuter is neither sleek nor sexy.
she says the defender isnt sleek or sexy, now the commuter might not be "sexy" but you can barely tell its on there for the protection it adds...
ballisticn8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 03:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Silver Case Mate

Regarding your question, it definitely is sturdy enough to protect the phone from a fall. However, keep in mind the top/bottom is mainly unprotected. Like yourself, I want to keep my phone protected but tried several of the more "protective" cases like the Otterbox and felt the phone went from one of the sleekest Smart Phone to fairly large and bulky like the Droid X and newer 4g phones.

Also, regarding the "slippery" comment, I don't have that issue because I also ordered a "skinit" skin that I applied on the back of the case so that easily took care of that problem.
kgivelekian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:29 AM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
redraptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Much too far from the waves
Posts: 744
 
Device(s): HTC Surround, Samsung Fascinate, HTC Droid Incredible 2, Galaxy Nexus LTE, Moto Droid Razr, Galaxy N
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 87
Thanked 90 Times in 61 Posts
Send a message via AIM to redraptor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgivelekian View Post
Regarding your question, it definitely is sturdy enough to protect the phone from a fall. However, keep in mind the top/bottom is mainly unprotected. Like yourself, I want to keep my phone protected but tried several of the more "protective" cases like the Otterbox and felt the phone went from one of the sleekest Smart Phone to fairly large and bulky like the Droid X and newer 4g phones.

Also, regarding the "slippery" comment, I don't have that issue because I also ordered a "skinit" skin that I applied on the back of the case so that easily took care of that problem.
How do you like the skinit?
redraptor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Tags
case, hard case., incredible 2, silicone


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.