Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 2nd, 2011, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 2013 (current), Galaxy S3, Toshiba Thrive, HTC Incredible 1& 2, Rezound, TBolt
Carrier: Verizon

Default Problems moving apps 2 sd card

For the last month or so, when I go to move an app to the sd card I see some really odd behavior.

At the screen for the app (like under settings>applications>downloaded>Jedi Light Saber for example) the fields Total, Application, Data, & Cache will say "Computing..." for a bit, then look like they're moving superfast (like counting up/down so fast you can't see the value) then come to a stop at a certain value for each.

This isn't why I'm posting though. After the values come to a stop, if I press the "Move to SD Card" button it will say "Moving", then the values will change to a lower value, but the button will still say "Move to SD Card". If I press it again the same thing except the values are higher. Now if I leave it with the values showing lower (which I'd assume means that the app is on the sd card and the screen has a glitch not reporting it) I'll go to the Apps2SD screen and the app will still show as being able to be moved to the sd card.

Now there are some apps that say they can be moved but when you try to you can't because they can't update when on the sd card (like Netflix & Skype) which is fine. But some apps go to the sd card without a hitch.

This started before the Gingerbread update so I don't think that's the issue. I also don't think it the Apps2SD app since other people in another thread are seeing the flickering values and need to try several times when trying to uninstall an app. The only thing I can think of is that some apps like the Jedi Light Saber say they can be moved but have a glitch/bug that won't allow them to actually be moved.

Any ideas?

Last edited by vzwuser76; August 2nd, 2011 at 02:13 PM.
sponsored links

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2