Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 27th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default SMS Error

I have been getting an SMS Error for approximately one week, since last Saturday when I had a large software upgrade. The error happens when I text certain people, specifically people synced through Facebook. The details of the error are "SMS Error, Cause Code 34, Error Class 2." I have spoken to 5 or 6 tech support people and I have done a hard reset, soft reset, they have opened a ticket with upper techs, I have taken it inside a store....I am getting very annoyed, needless to say.

There was a suggestion that the problem is that when I sync my contacts with Facebook, it adds a +1 to the number. This is the default format in Facebook as I checked my own profile. This is probably the issue but I want it fixed. I cannot edit the contact information of those I have from FB and when I try to link it to a new contact that does not have the +1, it still defaults back to the FB one.

Is anyone else having this issue? I know I could just suck it up and use normal contacts, but this is supposed to be one of the phone's features and if it isn't working then I want a new one. I have had the phone 3 months and I have not had any issues until this last update I downloaded.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Anybody want a peanut?

Device(s): 1+1,SG4, DNA, N7
Carrier: Depends on the breeze.

If I were you I would sync all contacts with my gmail account thus adding all the Facebook contacts to your gmail contact, then unsync Facebook contacts and go through and delete those 1s.
Somehow I doubt this is what you were hoping for, but if the 1s are the problem this should fix it.

Note that I use the numbers synced from Facebook with the 1s and have no problems. So this may not actually do anything for you. But maybe worth a try if you have the time. It would also give you more information for your ticket with vz.

Get your own DropBox HERE! Get Copy too!
Last edited by TheAtheistReverend; August 27th, 2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that and see if it works. Also, the issue wasn't just thr 1, its the +1. Supposedly...will let you know if it works.

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2