Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 26th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Eris, Incredible2, Kindle Fire
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Sense Rebooting Again!

After about of month of peace, the problem resurfaced again - I'll exit an app to return to Home, and Sense will reboot. The screen goes blank, and then it takes about 10 seconds for the icons to load. The only help I got from HTC support was to be told to not use a task killer (which I don't, anyway). It started happening after the Gingerbread update, and sporadically comes and goes. It will happen almost everytime I exit an app. It'll last for a week or so, and then go away, seemingly on its own.

This is the only issue I've had with my Inc2; I've had no problems with the alarm clock, or any other functions. I'm running stock Sense, unrooted.
I posted this problem before, and judging by the very few responses I got, it seems that it wasn't a widespread problem. Is that still the case?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old October 26th, 2011, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Incredible 2(retired), Verizon Galaxy S III Blue (lost), Nexus 7, Galaxy S 4 Black.
Carrier: Verizon

valorian13

I remember your post from the last time you had this issue. Sorry to hear you are having such problems. Unfortunately I cannot help. I frequent two other Android forums besides this one and your posts are the only one I've ever come across with this issue. I hope someone will posts something that may help you.

A factory reset is the only thing I can think of that could possibly help with this type of issue.
Old October 26th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung GSIII (Verizon),HTC Incredible 2, HTC Incredible, HTC Eris

I had this issue on my orig Inc. It started happening after the g.b update for me as well. The problem git worse after a factory reset, so I don't think that's the answer. I've noticed it happen a few times in the 3 weeks I've had the Dinc2, but nowhere near as bad with my Inc.
I wish I had a solution for the problem, but alas, no. At least you know it's not just you.
Old October 27th, 2011, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

It's the damndest thing - it will come an go without my having made any changes (no new apps or settings). It will happen for a few days, and just when I get annoyed enough to the point where I'm considering a factory reset, it stops happening.
Old October 28th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Incredible 2, Eris, Kindle Fire

Crossing my fingers...mine stopped rebooting on it's own and has been 'reboot free' for the last month. No new changes for me either other than the periodic app updates. I agree with you, it was very frustrating! Hope it gets resolved for you!
Old October 29th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Past: hTC Wildfire Int'l Version,hTC Droid Incredible 2 Vzw, hTC OneX,Current:Nexus 4,Broken NO!!!
Carrier: none

Exclamation aggravating

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
After about of month of peace, the problem resurfaced again - I'll exit an app to return to Home, and Sense will reboot. The screen goes blank, and then it takes about 10 seconds for the icons to load. The only help I got from HTC support was to be told to not use a task killer (which I don't, anyway). It started happening after the Gingerbread update, and sporadically comes and goes. It will happen almost everytime I exit an app. It'll last for a week or so, and then go away, seemingly on its own.

This is the only issue I've had with my Inc2; I've had no problems with the alarm clock, or any other functions. I'm running stock Sense, unrooted.
I posted this problem before, and judging by the very few responses I got, it seems that it wasn't a widespread problem. Is that still the case?
If it is aggravating you a lot you could consider installing a home replacement app like Go launcher or Launcher pro this might totally solve the problem. Plus they have tons of customization (hide text names for apps, ect., ect...) and effects not included in hTC sense, you can even set them up to look like hTC sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackepoxy For This Useful Post:
EVU (January 18th, 2012)
Old October 30th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Day 4 and it's still happening, but less often. I wish I could figure out what causes it to come and go. I may wind up using a different launcher if it keeps up - I'd rather do that than have to go through a factory reset.

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2