Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 10th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Bad headphone jack

I'm now on my 3rd Dinc2 due to poor headphone jacks. My original phone was sweet! No problems except when I moved or breathed near the headphone jack, it would disconnect. My first replacement, of course refurb, had that problem, plus it would get really warm all the time. VZW replaced it again and I requested a non-refurb but they said that's all they do for warranty replacements. Now this phone is basically like my original. Perfect except the very sensitive jack. I've used several headphones and audio cables to be sure it wasn't the cable.

All that said, what advice would you give when I go into the corporate store today and demand either a new Dinc2 or a better replacement? What's the likelihood that I get something better? What's better? Should I even dream of them giving me a Rezound or Galaxy Nexus?? Is 3 strikes enough to demand an upgrade to a better model? I don't know that I want another Dinc2.

I'm not hugely talented at demanding stuff. I've been a loyal customer for like 15 years! I really like VZW and they've normally taken care of me. I've not rooted this phone yet. I'm a pretty mellow guy and don't have a lot of emotional energy to use for things like this. So I ask your advice. What are some good phrases to use? What's realistic to demand and expect to get?

Thanks!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old January 11th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible 2

After going to the store, calling 611, calling HTC and calling 611 again, i was able to get a Droid X2 in exchange... I'll miss sense but it's a dual core phone with a bigger display. We'll see...
Old January 12th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): droid incredible 2

i completely agree with the crappy headphone jack. I will have mine plugged into the car stereo and if i touch my dinc2, I lose the connection.

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Tags
dinc2, droid incredible 2, headphone jack, vzw

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2