Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 29th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): -HTC Incredible 2-Rooted with Latest OTA -HTC Incredible-Rooted, but currently dead...
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Constant Google Sign-in Error Hunted Down!

I am posting this because I hate this issue so much and there really is little support on fixing it. I do not know what causes the issue, nor do I know a once-fixed, always-fixed. I will say this though:
--To anyone having this issue, I have found that there is always an app that is messing the sign-in up. NOT always a downloaded one, either. I do not think the error is always 2-step verification, as I don't have that but still get the error. I recommend that you go to Accounts & Sync, and see which parts of your Google account are failing. Then search under ALL apps in Manage Applications for anything that may be related to what fails.

On my last hunt, my contacts would not sync and cause the error. I ended up force closing the System app called "CSPeopleSyncService" and then typing in the Authentication characters that it asked for. It fixed it. It was the 5th app I force closed.

I hope this helps anyone who is trying to resolve their issue. I have read that factory resets do not always fix the issue, so only do that when the other option is smashing the phone. Just think outside the box, cause there are SO MANY APPS that connect, in some way, to some part of your Google Account. Any of these apps will be possible causes.

Happy hunting!

The Following User Says Thank You to The_Horak For This Useful Post:
bala_gamer (September 19th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

ask and I shall add

I know thread is dead... but just in case it helps any other users... the app in question for me was "Stockfish" a chess engine app from the market.

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2