Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 20th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default A Few Droid Incredible 2 Issues

I have two main issues with my droid incredible 2, first is a problem with connecting it to a PC, and the second is the dreaded "Too many pattern attempts."

For the first issue, ever since my phone updated its OS, not sure to what but it happened around last Christmas, whenever I connect my phone to a computer, the computer doesn't recognize it but it does continue to charge. I have tried messing with the settings such as USB debugging and what it should do when it first connects to a computer, but neither have worked. Might anyone know what is wrong? One possible issue is that the charging port on the phone is a bit wonky and I have to position the cable just right to get it to charge. Could an internal pin have been knocked around?

The second issue is a bit more serious. We all know the too many pattern attempts error and like many others, I am locked out of my phone. Today I took it to the Verizon store and they said that when it is locked like that, there is nothing they can do and they can't backup my data with the lock on. Is a factory reset my only option? I already use the Verizon Backup Assistant with my contacts, but is there any way I can backup my text messages as well before I do the factory reset (if I have to)? Thanks a bunch.

sponsored links
Old June 20th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
live~laugh~love

Device(s): White Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T, Black Samsung Galaxy S4 VZW, White Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
Carrier: AT&T and Verizon

Thanked 2,667 Times in 1,393 Posts

Welcome to Android Forums!
We are glad you have joined us, here.

I moved this thread into the Droid Incredible2 forum, so that other people with your same phone can read, and post in this thread.
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
AF Addict

Device(s): HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,338 Posts

Hello and welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about the problems you are having.

Here is a link that might help you with problem number one. Tutorial: Moving Stuff Between Android and PC.

For problem two...see the below.

If you are talking about a screen lock password, then after a fixed number of incorrect entries your device should prompt you for the password for the gmail account the phone is registered to. If that doesn't work, shut off the device, log into the gmail account on a website and change the password using Google's Password Recovery.

Once the new password is confirmed, turn on the device and try using the new password. The above does rely on you having either 3G or WIFI enabled on your device, and if it's not, the only other solution would be a full factory reset!

I hope this helps!

Old June 21st, 2012, 01:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Q9c, Eris xtrROM 4.6.5, Droid Concepts 11, Incredible 2 EclipticSense
Carrier: Not Provided

The charging port on this phone has a bad habit of breaking loose and it sounds like that happened to your phone. Try a different cable before you have the phone replaced.

I've never heard of the too many pattern attempts problem.
Last edited by bberryhill0; June 21st, 2012 at 01:22 AM.

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Tags
computer doesn't recognize phone, droid incredible 2, too many pattern attempts

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2