Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

New Forums: Nexus 6 | Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default urgent help please!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this can help a lot of similar problems i heard)

hey guys im new to this kind of stuff but i have a serious problem with my phone. see, i have a htc droid incredible 2 by verizon wireless. my screen got cracked and the sensitivity messed up the keyboard. anyone who has this phone knows that after a certain time of failed attempt to unlock the phone, u have to sign in using ur gmail account. the problem with that is that i cannot because of the messed up sensitivity ( keyboard doesnt recognize touch/wont type every letter or #). i have insurance so im going to send it back, but before i do i wanna know if i cant unlock my phone, how am i gonna get my contacts back? i was going to activate a old phone n switch all my contacts to that until the new one came in, but the guy at the store said he cant. its weird because a few years ago i had the same problem (screen wouldnt show) and someone else used a machine to get all my contacts atleast. are my contacts a lost cost or the guy at the store doesnt know what hes doing?

again question 1: how can i get my contacts when my phone wont unlock question 2: is it the guy at the store or did i really just lose all my contacts?

thanks for ur time and help....much appreciated!!!!!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old August 20th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Anybody want a peanut?

Device(s): 1+1,SG4, DNA, N7
Carrier: Depends on the breeze.

All my contacts are stored on my Gmail account and will follow that. I suggest you do the same on your next phone if you didn't on this one. If your contacts were entered through your google account on a computer or on your phone as google contacts then you are fine. They will be already backed up and in your gmail account.
Otherwise the only thing I can think of is to try another store. I would think they should still be able to do it, but I don't know for sure.

Get your own DropBox HERE! Get Copy too!
Last edited by TheAtheistReverend; August 20th, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 4, LG G2
Carrier: Cricket/Verizon

If you setup Verizon's Backup at one time, it has been syncing your phone contacts (usually daily), go to the Backup Assistant website and log in with your Verizon Online credentials and you should be able to see your contacts there. Also, Google backups all your Google/Gmail contacts online, log into to your account with a PC and go to Gmail and select contacts and see what is there.

I had around 100 contacts in Verizon Backup Assistant, they also have a export to CSV function... interestingly enough, Gmail has a CSV import function... I think you see where I am going with this, I know have 100 more contacts in my Google Account and ZERO in Verizon BUA.

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2