Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Incredible2
Carrier: Verizon

Default Buying a used Incredible2

I currently have a (dying/dead) Incredible 2. Really liked the phone, had it for about 14 months. Have had almost no problems until yesterday. Phone froze, when I took out the battery and restarted I was stuck in an endless boot loop. After a couple of unsuccessful complete restores went to the verizon store today. I have 7 months until upgrade and without using heroic measures, the lady basically told me my phone was dead.

Soooooo....if I was to buy another one, what kind of things should I look for. I have never purchased a used phone, have always upgraded from verizon.
Is it worth ebay or do I try an online retailer? I have a sim card in my phone, are there ones that don't require a sim card? What kind of things should I avoid? What are some of the things that I need to ask before buying? What is a fair price? Are there really places that would sell a "NIB" for under $200 (this would be my preference if it is legit)?

Help is greatly appreciated!

sponsored links
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Did you have root on your first Inc2? I've heard of some "horror stories" about questionable software loaded in the background of some second-hand phones. I'd immediately do a factory reset upon receipt if you did decide to go with a used phone. But that may just be my paranoia.

And regarding price, these phones are not the hot new item; they're not 4G and they're obsolescent technology. Not to say I don't still love my Inc2 but they're not the most desirable phone. Hence, you should be able to get one pretty cheap. I would think >$200 for a NIB phone isn't crazy talk.
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wait. What??

Device(s): SG4, DNA, N7
Carrier: Depends on the breeze.

Check swappa.com I have bought and sold many times through there. I don't trust eBay as much.
You shouldn't need a SIM card.
The prices on Swappa are a fair representation of what you'll find anywhere, and just like anywhere else, they range depending on how many are available.

Get your own DropBox HERE! Get Copy too!
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

If you’re looking for used or refurbished phones you see a lot at ebay. Me? I never buy at ebay specially phones and other gadgets since there tremendous complaints that most item sold to ebay are stolen phones. Same stories I heard from those who buy at Craigslist.

Last year I bought an iPhone 3 at Usedphoneuk.com for 219.95. From the last time I checked, they lowered the prices of their top seller’s refurbished phones.

HTC Droid Incredible 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The HTC DROID Incredible 2 launched on April 28th and does well enough to follow the original up. It's not going to be a must-have device for those who own and enjoy the original, but folks new to the DROID party who want an HTC phone shouldn&#... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 2