Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 4G

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree3Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 253
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 52
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Default Got mine! First impressions & questions...

VERY impressed!

The phone is CRAZY responsive. Screen is beautiful. Narrowness vs. my INC2 is not so great but I'll live (wish it was the same form factor, love the 2" screen.) It's FAST, FAST, FASSSSSSST! Menus (ICS 4.0) are taking a little getting used to. Sense is awesome. Light, solid feel. Screen glass is gorgeous, almost don't want to cover it up. Got the Verizon OEM holster case with kickstand that I was hoping they'd make.

Got the phone for $99 ($199 - $50 rebate - $50 online discount). Got the $5 Asurion warranty (I usually buy the warranty for one year only) not the most expensive ($6.99) plan.

Question: can anyone tell me how to turn off haptic feedback? I found the place to do so in the Sense settings, but it is OFF there and still happening.

More later...

kjarrett is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
valorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,942
 
Device(s): Incredible 2(retired), Verizon Galaxy S III Blue (lost), Nexus 7, Galaxy S 4 Black.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 140
Thanked 497 Times in 396 Posts
valorian13
Default

So the store you got it from gave you an online discount plus the rebate?
__________________
If I was helpful to you, please click the Thanks button. ^^^

Drop Box referral- Drop Box (2GB Free)
Copy Referral - Copy (extra 5GB by using this link)
valorian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 253
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 52
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valorian View Post
So the store you got it from gave you an online discount plus the rebate?
Yep. First thing I asked. I'd priced it online and knew exactly what it was supposed to be. Only downside is I have to apply for the rebate by mail. No big!
kjarrett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
 
Device(s): Inc 4G, Inc 2, Org Inc, Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 59
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjarrett View Post
VERY impressed!

The phone is CRAZY responsive. Screen is beautiful. Narrowness vs. my INC2 is not so great but I'll live (wish it was the same form factor, love the 2" screen.) It's FAST, FAST, FASSSSSSST! Menus (ICS 4.0) are taking a little getting used to. Sense is awesome. Light, solid feel. Screen glass is gorgeous, almost don't want to cover it up. Got the Verizon OEM holster case with kickstand that I was hoping they'd make.

Got the phone for $99 ($199 - $50 rebate - $50 online discount). Got the $5 Asurion warranty (I usually buy the warranty for one year only) not the most expensive ($6.99) plan.

Question: can anyone tell me how to turn off haptic feedback? I found the place to do so in the Sense settings, but it is OFF there and still happening.

More later...

Did you have unlimited data and gave it up? How did you order this phone already on-line and get it? So if you order it on-line you get a $50 online discount AND a $50 mail in rebate???
jamala00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 122
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjarrett View Post
VERY impressed!

The phone is CRAZY responsive. Screen is beautiful. Narrowness vs. my INC2 is not so great but I'll live (wish it was the same form factor, love the 2" screen.) It's FAST, FAST, FASSSSSSST! Menus (ICS 4.0) are taking a little getting used to. Sense is awesome. Light, solid feel. Screen glass is gorgeous, almost don't want to cover it up. Got the Verizon OEM holster case with kickstand that I was hoping they'd make.

Got the phone for $99 ($199 - $50 rebate - $50 online discount). Got the $5 Asurion warranty (I usually buy the warranty for one year only) not the most expensive ($6.99) plan.

Question: can anyone tell me how to turn off haptic feedback? I found the place to do so in the Sense settings, but it is OFF there and still happening.

More later...
On my nexus, haptic feedback is located at settings, sound, then uncheck vibrate on touch under the system section.

Ordered one this morning and looking forward to getting it tomorrow...
atakin77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to atakin77 For This Useful Post:
kjarrett (July 5th, 2012)
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 253
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 52
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Did you have unlimited data and gave it up? How did you order this phone already on-line and get it? So if you order it on-line you get a $50 online discount AND a $50 mail in rebate???
I had upgraded to the Family Share plan on the 28th. It worked out for me. I thought I posted here. Ended up saving $0.40 on my monthly bill when I spec'd the 4gb plan. Our usage is closer to 2gb. So I figured I was in the clear.

I didn't ORDER it online, I used the website to price the phone so I knew if they wanted to charge more I could just order it at home.

Turns out they gave me the online discount AND the rebate without issue. I'm happy.
kjarrett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 253
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 52
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
On my nexus, haptic feedback is located at settings, sound, then uncheck vibrate on touch under the system section.
thanks! Got it!
kjarrett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
today's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: spanaway washington
Posts: 520
 
Device(s): HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE and SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 83 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Well, they have sold one for sure so far.
today is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hilmar2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): HTC DNA
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 18
Thanked 182 Times in 146 Posts
Default

In the store now, and the screen is smaller than the Inc2. They claim both are 4", but everything is smaller on the screen of the Inc4G compared to the Inc2.

To turn off haptic while typing:

Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> HTC Sense Input -> Vibration feedback
hilmar2k is offline  
Last edited by hilmar2k; July 5th, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hilmar2k For This Useful Post:
blackepoxy (July 5th, 2012)
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 253
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 52
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
In the store now, and the screen is smaller than the Inc2. They claim both are 4", but everything is smaller on the screen of the Inc4G compared to the Inc2.
This is correct. It's my only gripe so far. So, so, soooooo wish the form factor was identical to the DINC2...
kjarrett is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hilmar2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): HTC DNA
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 18
Thanked 182 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjarrett View Post
This is correct. It's my only gripe so far. So, so, soooooo wish the form factor was identical to the DINC2...

Yup, smaller screen actually caused me.to walk out without it. I may still get it, as it was fantastic otherwise.
hilmar2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): Verizon Droid Incredible 2.3.4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
Yup, smaller screen actually caused me.to walk out without it. I may still get it, as it was fantastic otherwise.
It's just a different shape, right? It sounds like it is more like the OG Dinc screen shape.
speedtrap63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 68
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Are we talking width or length? It's truly smaller?
bytheriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hilmar2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): HTC DNA
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 18
Thanked 182 Times in 146 Posts
Default

It's still 4", but its a different ratio of length versus width. When viewing anything in portrait, everything is smaller than on the Inc2.
hilmar2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
 
Device(s): Inc 4G, Inc 2, Org Inc, Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 59
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
Yup, smaller screen actually caused me.to walk out without it. I may still get it, as it was fantastic otherwise.
I walked through the order process on-line. $199.99 - $50 on-line discount + $30 Upgrade fee??? What the hell is this $30 upgrade fee??? Verizon can kiss my A$$ if they ever think I will buy another subsidized phone from them. I will wait to see if I can get this phone in a couple months for say $300 or so. What the hell is the point of giving me a $50 on-line "discount", but then tacking on an "Upgrade Fee"... They should be THANKFULL I am willing to possibly sign a new 2 year contract... NOT charge me a fee to do it... Ugg I am so PO'ed with them. Between waiting on releasing this phone till after the new plans, then forcing us to ditch our unlimited data, now tacking on a "fee" to upgrade...
jamala00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
today's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: spanaway washington
Posts: 520
 
Device(s): HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE and SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 83 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
It's still 4", but its a different ratio of length versus width. When viewing anything in portrait, everything is smaller than on the Inc2.
Could be settings based. Sense 4 maybe. Couldn't be possible that a company would build a media device that couldn't take advantage of the entire screen. Could it?
today is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
It's still 4", but its a different ratio of length versus width. When viewing anything in portrait, everything is smaller than on the Inc2.
Sizewise, how does it compare to the Inc2? Does it seem heftier? Lighter? Thicker? Thinner?
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
today's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: spanaway washington
Posts: 520
 
Device(s): HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE and SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 83 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I walked through the order process on-line. $199.99 - $50 on-line discount + $30 Upgrade fee??? What the hell is this $30 upgrade fee??? Verizon can kiss my A$$ if they ever think I will buy another subsidized phone from them. I will wait to see if I can get this phone in a couple months for say $300 or so. What the hell is the point of giving me a $50 on-line "discount", but then tacking on an "Upgrade Fee"... They should be THANKFULL I am willing to possibly sign a new 2 year contract... NOT charge me a fee to do it... Ugg I am so PO'ed with them. Between waiting on releasing this phone till after the new plans, then forcing us to ditch our unlimited data, now tacking on a "fee" to upgrade...
My understanding of the "upgrade fee" is to offset the cost verizon incurs while teaching us how to use our too smart for us smartphones. My "loyalty" discount is $30. So it's a wash. Pisses me off for sure. I've told them to stop calling it a loyalty discount. Change it to upgrade offset. After all, I hardly do anything for thirty bucks anymore.
today is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
vzwuser76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: two weeks from anywhere, SD
Posts: 1,089
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 2013 (current), Galaxy S3, Toshiba Thrive, HTC Incredible 1& 2, Rezound, TBolt
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 260
Thanked 293 Times in 190 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
Yup, smaller screen actually caused me.to walk out without it. I may still get it, as it was fantastic otherwise.
The reason everything looks smaller is the resolution. When I went from an Inc2 to a Rezound, the screen was bigger but the icons were smaller. It's just like when you adjust the resolution on a pc, the lower the resolution the larger the icons. The higher the resolution, the smaller the icons. Without seeing one in person, I'd guess that the icons are the same size as on the Rezound. I say that because I'm assuming that 4" screen with qHD resolution will have similar icon size as a 4.3" screen with 720p resolution. Since that's the screen ratio, there is no changing it in settings, unless they added that in ICS or Sense 4. I know I couldn't change it on my Rezound.

It took a lot of getting used to going to the higher resolution, but it doesn't bother me any more. And I'd guess you aren't going to see anything less than qHD going forward.
vzwuser76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
 
Device(s): Inc 4G, Inc 2, Org Inc, Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 59
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by today View Post
My understanding of the "upgrade fee" is to offset the cost verizon incurs while teaching us how to use our too smart for us smartphones. My "loyalty" discount is $30. So it's a wash. Pisses me off for sure. I've told them to stop calling it a loyalty discount. Change it to upgrade offset. After all, I hardly do anything for thirty bucks anymore.
I don't have any "loyalty" discount and I have been with them for 15 years? They treat everybody differently. I don't get it and I'm sick of trying to figuring it out. I don't think they offer me anything because they want me off my old Alltel plan. I will just buy phones I want outright from today going froward until the day comes they force me to change my plan. Then I will decide what I want to do at that point. Why pay $179 for a phone on a two year contract that forces me to get rid of unlimited data, when for a couple hundred more I can just have the phone and not have to deal with all the major BS!! Sorry for the rant... Just frustrated
jamala00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hilmar2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): HTC DNA
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 18
Thanked 182 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
Sizewise, how does it compare to the Inc2? Does it seem heftier? Lighter? Thicker? Thinner?
Slightly smaller, slightly thinner, about as hefty, better built. It's feels great in the hand.
hilmar2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hilmar2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): HTC DNA
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 18
Thanked 182 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzwuser76 View Post
The reason everything looks smaller is the resolution. When I went from an Inc2 to a Rezound, the screen was bigger but the icons were smaller. It's just like when you adjust the resolution on a pc, the lower the resolution the larger the icons. The higher the resolution, the smaller the icons. Without seeing one in person, I'd guess that the icons are the same size as on the Rezound. I say that because I'm assuming that 4" screen with qHD resolution will have similar icon size as a 4.3" screen with 720p resolution. Since that's the screen ratio, there is no changing it in settings, unless they added that in ICS or Sense 4. I know I couldn't change it on my Rezound.

It took a lot of getting used to going to the higher resolution, but it doesn't bother me any more. And I'd guess you aren't going to see anything less than qHD going forward.
Yeah, that dawned on me after. The screen is definitely narrower, however. My math says the Inc2 screen is 2.058" x 3.43", and the Inc4G is 1.961" x 3.486". So the Inc 4G is just slightly less than 1/10th of an inch narrower (though in comparison it looks like a bigger difference than that).
hilmar2k is offline  
Last edited by hilmar2k; July 5th, 2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Editing to update screen size (slight math error)
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
Slightly smaller, slightly thinner, about as hefty, better built. It's feels great in the hand.
For me it may come down to whether it can do wireless charging or not. I love wireless charging on my DInc2 and didn't see any accessories for the 4G at all on their site so they may not have showed up yet.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hilmar2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): HTC DNA
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 18
Thanked 182 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
For me it may come down to whether it can do wireless charging or not. I love wireless charging on my DInc2 and didn't see any accessories for the 4G at all on their site so they may not have showed up yet.
That's pretty bad for Li-Ion batteries. Causes too much heat.
hilmar2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
vzwuser76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: two weeks from anywhere, SD
Posts: 1,089
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 2013 (current), Galaxy S3, Toshiba Thrive, HTC Incredible 1& 2, Rezound, TBolt
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 260
Thanked 293 Times in 190 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
Yeah, that dawned on me after. The screen is definitely narrower, however. My math says the Inc2 screen is 2.055x3.432, and the Inc4G is 1.958x3.485.
Yeah, so I'd guess you'll now see less/ no black bars when watching widescreen content. IIRC, the ratios for each phone would be close to: Inc2 - 16:10 & the Inc4g -16:9. It's kinda similar as comparing the Thunderbolt to the Rezound, both are 4.3" but the Thunderbolt is shorter & wider, while the Rezound is taller & narrower.

I like what I heard on the build quality. I thought my Inc2 was the most solid feeling of all the HTC phones I've had (Inc 1&2, Thunderbolt, & Rezound), so that's reassuring.
vzwuser76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
That's pretty bad for Li-Ion batteries. Causes too much heat.
Maybe, but I like never having to plug anything into my phone ever. I drop it on the counter and it charges.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 46
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilmar2k View Post
It's still 4", but its a different ratio of length versus width. When viewing anything in portrait, everything is smaller than on the Inc2.
I knew the screen looked fishy!
IICybershotII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hilmar2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): HTC DNA
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 18
Thanked 182 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IICybershotII View Post
I knew the screen looked fishy!
I think fishy is a stretch. We're talking about ~0.1" difference in width and height. It's noticeable, but not dramatic. Also, since it's now 16:9 (which the Inc2 isn't), video will properly fill the screen.

There are certainly pluses and minuses to the slightly modified ratio.
hilmar2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): Asus Transformer HTC Incredible HTC Incredible 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chris.rolves
Default

I had bought a Rezound last week in order to keep my unlimited data plan, I had upgraded to that from the original Incredible. I hated the weight and size of the Rezound as well as I had constant issues with it losing its internet connection. I traded it in today for the Incredible 4g and have absolutely zero regrets.
sevlor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Droid Eris (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevlor View Post
I had bought a Rezound last week in order to keep my unlimited data plan, I had upgraded to that from the original Incredible. I hated the weight and size of the Rezound as well as I had constant issues with it losing its internet connection. I traded it in today for the Incredible 4g and have absolutely zero regrets.
Did you get to keep your unlimited data even with the trade-up? I was told this would be possible, but others have heard otherwise.
pannonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): Asus Transformer HTC Incredible HTC Incredible 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chris.rolves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannonius View Post
Did you get to keep your unlimited data even with the trade-up? I was told this would be possible, but others have heard otherwise.
Yes I did, that is why I bought the Rezound when I did, in order to keep my unlimited data taking the chance that the DINC 4g would be out before my 14 days were up.
sevlor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 301
 
Device(s): LG Ally
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 46
Thanked 67 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevlor View Post
Yes I did, that is why I bought the Rezound when I did, in order to keep my unlimited data taking the chance that the DINC 4g would be out before my 14 days were up.

Thats great news (for me and a lot of other people). If I have problems with the GS3 well then I can just trade it in for the Dinc4g and keep unlimited data.
NightxFall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): Asus Transformer HTC Incredible HTC Incredible 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chris.rolves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightxFall View Post
Thats great news (for me and a lot of other people). If I have problems with the GS3 well then I can just trade it in for the Dinc4g and keep unlimited data.
With a phone exchange within the 14day period, they don't have to do anything with you account as far as your plan, since you already signed up for a new plan with the pre-order.
sevlor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
dbrits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 59
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevlor View Post
Yes I did, that is why I bought the Rezound when I did, in order to keep my unlimited data taking the chance that the DINC 4g would be out before my 14 days were up.
Did you do this through Verizon or through a third party retailer such as Best Buy?

I was under the impression that it would not be possible through Verizon but possible through Best Buy. I did the same exact thing you did: Upgrade to a Rezound (bleh!) prior to the 28th with the intention or exchanging it for the DInc 4G. However, I upgraded with Best Buy for the first time instead of through Verizon. If I went through Best Buy for no reason, I'm going to kick myself. It's just so much easier dealing with the main entity and not a middleman.
dbrits is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
vzwuser76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: two weeks from anywhere, SD
Posts: 1,089
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 2013 (current), Galaxy S3, Toshiba Thrive, HTC Incredible 1& 2, Rezound, TBolt
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 260
Thanked 293 Times in 190 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrits View Post
Did you do this through Verizon or through a third party retailer such as Best Buy?

I was under the impression that it would not be possible through Verizon but possible through Best Buy. I did the same exact thing you did: Upgrade to a Rezound (bleh!) prior to the 28th with the intention or exchanging it for the DInc 4G. However, I upgraded with Best Buy for the first time instead of through Verizon. If I went through Best Buy for no reason, I'm going to kick myself. It's just so much easier dealing with the main entity and not a middleman.
My experience is the opposite. I ordered an SGS3 through Verizon's Telesales dept. and they told me the only way to exchange was through a corporate Verizon store. If I returned it through Telesales or through a third party retailer, my upgrade would be reset and if I went to use my upgrade I would lose unlimited. But my I can keep my unlimited exchanging it at a corporate store, since they can inspect the SGS3 for trade in & log it in the same day. This is per a number of Verizon CSRs & Telesales reps.
vzwuser76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #36 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): Asus Transformer HTC Incredible HTC Incredible 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chris.rolves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrits View Post
Did you do this through Verizon or through a third party retailer such as Best Buy?

I was under the impression that it would not be possible through Verizon but possible through Best Buy. I did the same exact thing you did: Upgrade to a Rezound (bleh!) prior to the 28th with the intention or exchanging it for the DInc 4G. However, I upgraded with Best Buy for the first time instead of through Verizon. If I went through Best Buy for no reason, I'm going to kick myself. It's just so much easier dealing with the main entity and not a middleman.

I did it all through a corporate store. The big difference between doing it at Bestbuy and at a corporate store is I believe Bestbuy gives you 30 days with the phone vs. corporate store 14 days. I went into the store and made absolutely for sure that if I got the Rezound that day and brought it back within the 14 day period and got the Dinc 4g that I would keep my unlimited. They even told me the same thing over the phone earlier in the day so I was confident that I could get the phone I really wanted for a little extra cost and keep my unlimited data.
sevlor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
dbrits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 59
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzwuser76 View Post
My experience is the opposite. I ordered an SGS3 through Verizon's Telesales dept. and they told me the only way to exchange was through a corporate Verizon store. If I returned it through Telesales or through a third party retailer, my upgrade would be reset and if I went to use my upgrade I would lose unlimited. But my I can keep my unlimited exchanging it at a corporate store, since they can inspect the SGS3 for trade in & log it in the same day. This is per a number of Verizon CSRs & Telesales reps.
Yikes. Well, all of the Best Buy employees I spoke with (a total of five at two different stores) said doing a hardware exchange wouldn't effect my data plan. I hope that's the case, otherwise I'm screwed and will be very, very pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevlor View Post
I did it all through a corporate store. The big difference between doing it at Bestbuy and at a corporate store is I believe Bestbuy gives you 30 days with the phone vs. corporate store 14 days. I went into the store and made absolutely for sure that if I got the Rezound that day and brought it back within the 14 day period and got the Dinc 4g that I would keep my unlimited. They even told me the same thing over the phone earlier in the day so I was confident that I could get the phone I really wanted for a little extra cost and keep my unlimited data.
Yeah, the 30 exchange window was also one of the reasons who I chose Best Buy over a corporate store. I didn't trust Verizon to not push back the release date past their own 14 day return/exchange window.
dbrits is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #38 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): Asus Transformer HTC Incredible HTC Incredible 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chris.rolves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrits View Post
Yikes. Well, all of the Best Buy employees I spoke with (a total of five at two different stores) said doing a hardware exchange wouldn't effect my data plan. I hope that's the case, otherwise I'm screwed and will be very, very pissed.


Yeah, the 30 exchange window was also one of the reasons who I chose Best Buy over a corporate store. I didn't trust Verizon to not push back the release date past their own 14 day return/exchange window.
Yeah, but I didn't want to deal with Bestbuy for my phone so I took the chance on the 14 day return. Plus the day I got the Rezound the VZW rep at the store said that they had the 5th as being the official release day and she was confident it would be out that day as they were already starting to get the demos in the stores.
sevlor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #39 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I got mine today. Even gave up my Unlimited.

Coming from a Thunderbolt, I Love this phone. Thinner, lighter, the screen is just stunning. I wish it were 4.3" but So far battery life looks to be Much better then the Thunderbolt and that is exactly what I needed.
Treg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

I keep seeing battery life online being just slightly better than the Rezound. This scares me. I can't go from my DInc2 to a bad battery life.
A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 5th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 253
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 52
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
I keep seeing battery life online being just slightly better than the Rezound. This scares me. I can't go from my DInc2 to a bad battery life.
Remember, it takes a while for batteries to reach their full charge potential. And, people like me are still actively configuring the phone to optimize performance. We should have good info in about a month or so I'd say.
kjarrett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
 
Device(s): Inc 4G, Inc 2, Org Inc, Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 59
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Wow, I was really expecting to see this forum jumping with a lot more people chiming in after getting this phone today. Hardly anybody and any info. Just surprised. Went to the store to check it out. I have yet to see one advertisement on this phone. I received my monthly statement and there is advertisements for Mot phones, but nothing for this phone. I really think Verizon is trying to go all Mot, Sammy, and iPhone.

I will probably end up with this phone one day, but wasn't sad to walk out of the store without one today...
jamala00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 253
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 52
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Ok, some more feedback for anyone that cares. I spent most of the day doing a "clean build" of my new DINC. I synced NOTHING other than Google contacts. Everything else was downloaded from the market and installed new. Took a while and I'm still not done but it's close.

PROS

- IT'S STUPID FAST! Responsive to the touch, apps fly open, dialogs are smooth. 4g LTE service in my home town is pretty good too, 13mb/s down! Droid Incredible 4g LTE | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

- THE SCREEN IS BEAUTIFUL. Crazy sharp and vibrant. Best I've ever seen other than on an iPhone. Haven't tried it outside yet but I suspect it will be very usable in daylight. No plans for a screen protector either. The Gorilla Glass is terrific.

- THERE ARE SO MANY APP ENHANCEMENTS I CAN'T EVEN LIST THEM ALL. Navigation is improved, the camera is amazing for a million reasons in itself, the dock is great, Sense overall is wonderful, the phone is just a joy to use, perfectly intuitive.

- FOLDERS! So cool! Helpful and easy.

CONS

- THE SCREEN SIZE AND OVERALL FEEL REMINDS ME OF THE 1ST GENERATION DINC! This is not good and my biggest gripe so far. The DINC2 is *PERFECT* in my mind. Why did they have to change the form factor? WHY? Wish I had an original DINC to compare all three.

- The "PEOPLE" 4x3 widget is messed up. When I put in 12 favorites, the bottommost row of names (labels) is cut off. With 9 favorites, there is an ugly empty grey row where more entries are supposed to go. The widget can't be resized as far as I can see.

- The ICS 'unlock' gesture is really dumb. I used the Widgetlocker Lockscreen widget on my DINC2 and it was perfect, allowing me to easily open the phone and also to silence it or set it to vibrate. Didn't try using it with ICS, willing to bet it won't work.

- I can't add all the widgets I want to the locked home screen. One in particular, the Battery Gauge widget, and others (including the Beautiful Widgets clock) enabled the perfect setup for me, shown here: Droid Incredible 2 + Otterbox Commutter | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

OK that's all for now...

-kj-
kjarrett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
 
Device(s): Inc 4G, Inc 2, Org Inc, Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 59
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default

When I checked it out I also thought the form factor, size and shape was much more like the Org Inc, not the Inc 2.
jamala00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
vzwuser76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: two weeks from anywhere, SD
Posts: 1,089
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 2013 (current), Galaxy S3, Toshiba Thrive, HTC Incredible 1& 2, Rezound, TBolt
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 260
Thanked 293 Times in 190 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjarrett View Post
Ok, some more feedback for anyone that cares. I spent most of the day doing a "clean build" of my new DINC. I synced NOTHING other than Google contacts. Everything else was downloaded from the market and installed new. Took a while and I'm still not done but it's close.

PROS

- IT'S STUPID FAST! Responsive to the touch, apps fly open, dialogs are smooth. 4g LTE service in my home town is pretty good too, 13mb/s down! Droid Incredible 4g LTE | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

- THE SCREEN IS BEAUTIFUL. Crazy sharp and vibrant. Best I've ever seen other than on an iPhone. Haven't tried it outside yet but I suspect it will be very usable in daylight. No plans for a screen protector either. The Gorilla Glass is terrific.

- THERE ARE SO MANY APP ENHANCEMENTS I CAN'T EVEN LIST THEM ALL. Navigation is improved, the camera is amazing for a million reasons in itself, the dock is great, Sense overall is wonderful, the phone is just a joy to use, perfectly intuitive.

- FOLDERS! So cool! Helpful and easy.

CONS

- THE SCREEN SIZE AND OVERALL FEEL REMINDS ME OF THE 1ST GENERATION DINC! This is not good and my biggest gripe so far. The DINC2 is *PERFECT* in my mind. Why did they have to change the form factor? WHY? Wish I had an original DINC to compare all three.

- The "PEOPLE" 4x3 widget is messed up. When I put in 12 favorites, the bottommost row of names (labels) is cut off. With 9 favorites, there is an ugly empty grey row where more entries are supposed to go. The widget can't be resized as far as I can see.

- The ICS 'unlock' gesture is really dumb. I used the Widgetlocker Lockscreen widget on my DINC2 and it was perfect, allowing me to easily open the phone and also to silence it or set it to vibrate. Didn't try using it with ICS, willing to bet it won't work.

- I can't add all the widgets I want to the locked home screen. One in particular, the Battery Gauge widget, and others (including the Beautiful Widgets clock) enabled the perfect setup for me, shown here: Droid Incredible 2 + Otterbox Commutter | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

OK that's all for now...

-kj-
Hey, glad you like the phone!

On the camera, could you maybe post a shot in regular and lower light. Some of the reviews are saying that the low light shots are extremely grainy.

Also, on the People widget, that's the same one I use on the Rezound and the same thing happens (on the last row all I can see of the faces is from the nose up).

Looking forward to your thoughts on battery life. The reviews run the gamut from might make it through a day to over 31 hours, so don't now what to believe. Of course the same goes for the display, performance, and camera quality, some say they're great, others say horrendous, so they're no help.
vzwuser76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 253
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 52
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
When I checked it out I also thought the form factor, size and shape was much more like the Org Inc, not the Inc 2.
Indeed, that is what I thought I said...
kjarrett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
vzwuser76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: two weeks from anywhere, SD
Posts: 1,089
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Nexus 7 2013 (current), Galaxy S3, Toshiba Thrive, HTC Incredible 1& 2, Rezound, TBolt
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 260
Thanked 293 Times in 190 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
When I checked it out I also thought the form factor, size and shape was much more like the Org Inc, not the Inc 2.
See, that's fine with me. I prefer the form factor of the OG Inc & Rezound to that of the Inc2 and Thunderbolt. For one they should show videos with less of or without the black bars on widescreen content. That and the less width is easier to hold.
vzwuser76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
 
Device(s): Inc 4G, Inc 2, Org Inc, Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 59
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzwuser76 View Post
Hey, glad you like the phone!

On the camera, could you maybe post a shot in regular and lower light. Some of the reviews are saying that the low light shots are extremely grainy.

Also, on the People widget, that's the same one I use on the Rezound and the same thing happens (on the last row all I can see of the faces is from the nose up).

Looking forward to your thoughts on battery life. The reviews run the gamut from might make it through a day to over 31 hours, so don't now what to believe. Of course the same goes for the display, performance, and camera quality, some say they're great, others say horrendous, so they're no help.
You'll have to get one yourself and check it out. Return it in 14 days if you don't like it... LOL, I was debating that..
jamala00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
 
Device(s): Inc 4G, Inc 2, Org Inc, Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 59
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjarrett View Post
Indeed, that is what I thought I said...
Indeed it is, I was saying I agreed with you...
jamala00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamala00 For This Useful Post:
kjarrett (July 5th, 2012)
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 253
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 52
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Indeed it is, I was saying I agreed with you...
my bad sorry
kjarrett is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kjarrett For This Useful Post:
jamala00 (July 5th, 2012)
Reply

Buy the HTC Droid Incredible 4G
Sign up for instant notification when the HTC Droid Incredible 4G goes on sale!
HTC Droid Incredible 4G

The HTC Droid Incredible 4G is a rumored upcoming device for Verizon Wireless and followup to the original Droid Incredible and Droid Incredible 2.  As its name implies, the third edition will be the first with 4G LTE support and is also said ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.