Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 4G

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Trinity, FL
Posts: 409
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 412
Thanked 99 Times in 52 Posts
Default Starting to see a lot of issues with my phone

So I've had it since the first week of launch and for the most part I can say it's great but I'm starting to notice A LOT of problems with it that are starting to get very annoying.

1. 4G/3G internet connection seems to stop working randomly it shows it's connected but you can't browse to anything until you reboot the phone.

2. Sound quality on phone calls seems to have gotten really bad.

3. Speaker phone for talk or music is horrible, hard to understand anyone talking.

4. WiFi seems to disconnect and reconnect continuously when trying to use the phone.

5. Facebook app often won't start and gives you option to report it because it's not responding.

6. Uploading pictures to facebook (not using the HTC app) locks up/never completes 99% of the time and always uploads a duplicate. Only way to clear it is to reboot.

7. If your sending a text message while receiving a text message your message will not be delivered and a retry box will appear over and over and over.

8. After phone has been on charger either wall or car when unpluged it shows it's still charging even though it's not.

9. Notification light is blinking when there are no notifications present.

10. Car chargers purchased from Verizon Store for this phone do not work correctly most of the time. Sometimes I have to fiddle with it to get it to start charging sometimes it gets in a state where it's charging then not then charging then not then charging then not. If you leave the phone plugged into the car charger and unplug the charger from the car the charger light itself stays lit being powered by the phone (weird) does this with all the chargers I've tried from Verizon they don't know why.

11. While charging the screen comes on randomly for no reason.

12. Has same grounding issues as the original incredible so that if it's plugged into the charger the screen will be unresponsive sometimes.

13. Verizon Backup Assistant does not work. Every night it attempts to backup and fails with server not responding.

Sooo anyone else seeing any of these issues?

Advertisements
MrSmoofy is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrSmoofy For This Useful Post:
DodgerinNH (August 28th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hilmar2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 1,236
 
Device(s): LG G3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 29
Thanked 244 Times in 192 Posts
Default

No. Though I don't use Facebook, so I cannot comment on those issues.
hilmar2k is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SE New Hampshire
Posts: 208
 
Device(s): Rooted Incredible 4G, Rooted OG Incredible, Rooted Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmoofy View Post
So I've had it since the first week of launch and for the most part I can say it's great but I'm starting to notice A LOT of problems with it that are starting to get very annoying.

1. 4G/3G internet connection seems to stop working randomly it shows it's connected but you can't browse to anything until you reboot the phone.

2. Sound quality on phone calls seems to have gotten really bad.

3. Speaker phone for talk or music is horrible, hard to understand anyone talking.

4. WiFi seems to disconnect and reconnect continuously when trying to use the phone.

5. Facebook app often won't start and gives you option to report it because it's not responding.

6. Uploading pictures to facebook (not using the HTC app) locks up/never completes 99% of the time and always uploads a duplicate. Only way to clear it is to reboot.

7. If your sending a text message while receiving a text message your message will not be delivered and a retry box will appear over and over and over.

8. After phone has been on charger either wall or car when unpluged it shows it's still charging even though it's not.

9. Notification light is blinking when there are no notifications present.

10. Car chargers purchased from Verizon Store for this phone do not work correctly most of the time. Sometimes I have to fiddle with it to get it to start charging sometimes it gets in a state where it's charging then not then charging then not then charging then not. If you leave the phone plugged into the car charger and unplug the charger from the car the charger light itself stays lit being powered by the phone (weird) does this with all the chargers I've tried from Verizon they don't know why.

11. While charging the screen comes on randomly for no reason.

12. Has same grounding issues as the original incredible so that if it's plugged into the charger the screen will be unresponsive sometimes.

13. Verizon Backup Assistant does not work. Every night it attempts to backup and fails with server not responding.

Sooo anyone else seeing any of these issues?

I would concur with just about everything you say, although I don't really do much Facebook on the phone, but I would like to add (or add to):

1) WiFi is DEFINITELY buggy on this device. Even when trying out some of these new apps to keep WiFi alive, I still don't always get push emails. Several minutes later, sure, but it's usually when I get tired of waiting and re-wake my phone that I get the notifications. It's gotten so that I'm almost considering just sticking with the 3G/4G, but now that we don't have unlimited data, I feel like we're playing right into Verizon's hands.

2) The locked bootloader has definitely got me miffed, because Developers' Roms would definitely take care of a lot of these issues. I have lodged several formal complaints with Verizon about that one.

3) I've noticed the sound quality on the external speaker is pretty shabby, even when compared with my over two year old Incredible. It's really noticeable on music ringtones, which now have no low end and sound very tinny and distorted.

4) Sometimes when it shows as connected to 4G, my web pages won't render at all. Which makes the whole "lightning fast" 4G network experience pretty moot for me.

5) Backup Assistant is a joke, but it could be because phone is going into deep sleep at night when backup assistant is backing up. See issue #1

6) Same issues you're having with charging. I have a whole bunch of chargers, however, and I think it primarily happens with the cheapies.

7) This part has got me a little down, but my OG Incredible is a little snappier, a little more responsive than the Incredible 4G. I know because I kept it and gave it to my daughter, which she uses on my WiFi at home (making voice calls over Groove IP, one of the greatest apps ever invented!!). It is rooted and running CM7.1, so maybe Cyanogen Mod is just faster than stock, but it's still a little depressing that my 2 year old phone is faster than my 2 month old phone.

8) I'm sure I'll think of more later, but I thank the OP for bringing some of this stuff up, because it is important, particularly the deep sleep issue. I'd REALLY like to see a fix for that, as HTC really screwed the pooch on that one.
DodgerinNH is offline  
Last edited by DodgerinNH; August 28th, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 58
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I can't comment on most as I'm one of the lucky ones and rooted early before it was pulled and am running a custom rom but as far as Facebook, I think it may just be a problem with the app because a few days ago when my roommate (has the original EVO, unrooted) and I both updated it it started acting buggy and we never had problems before. I could be wrong but those are just my experiences.
Skidoo03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
KoukiFC3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 881
 
Device(s): Incredible 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 139
Thanked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Clearing the FB app cache seems to fix the upload problem.
KoukiFC3S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Trinity, FL
Posts: 409
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 412
Thanked 99 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
Clearing the FB app cache seems to fix the upload problem.
I've tried that and it doesn't help. The same was said for getting addresses in search results to open in Google Maps instead of in the browser and that doesn't work either.
MrSmoofy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
today's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: spanaway washington
Posts: 554
 
Device(s): HTC One M8 and SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 130
Thanked 93 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Darnit. I'm not having those issues. Or at least I don't use my phone the same way.
today is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

One needs to understand that the Incredible 4g is a significantly lower quality device than the past two versions.
ArtificialMind is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
KoukiFC3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 881
 
Device(s): Incredible 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 139
Thanked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialMind View Post
One needs to understand that the Incredible 4g is a significantly lower quality device than the past two versions.
I disagree.
KoukiFC3S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Considering the large number of issues you are having and the fact that I don't seem to be having any of those problems. I would take the phone back to verizon. Before you do I would go to the settings page and make sure you have your mobile network and wifi turned on. Verizon sales people seem to always have a set number of responses to problems none of the problems being their fault. You don't want to give them an opening.
Hask12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
dcont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SC
Posts: 21
 
Device(s): Droid Razr M
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

The two things I can address, as I've had similar issues:

- The Facebook app is junk. Period. The Aug 23rd update caused force closes. There was another update on Aug 29th that seemed to fix it. Have you updated and checked to see if the photo upload issue has been fixed? I highly doubt this issue is phone-specific. Facebook acknowledges issues with their Android app and a completely new re-written app is expected to be released soon.

- Unresponsive screen when charging is usually due to charger issues, not the phone, like someone else said. I've never had a problem using the HTC chargers, but a few of the el-cheapo ones I've acquired over the years cause this problem.

I haven't experienced any of the other issues you listed. The one issue I'm still having that HTC support can't fix is with the stock mail app not syncing with gmail, hotmail or yahoo without manually refreshing. As a result I just don't use the stock mail app, even though I hate knowing there's a bug with the phone that HTC can't fix.

Good luck.
dcont is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Buy the HTC Droid Incredible 4G
Sign up for instant notification when the HTC Droid Incredible 4G goes on sale!
HTC Droid Incredible 4G

The HTC Droid Incredible 4G is a rumored upcoming device for Verizon Wireless and followup to the original Droid Incredible and Droid Incredible 2.  As its name implies, the third edition will be the first with 4G LTE support and is also said ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.