Originally Posted by MrSmoofy
So I've had it since the first week of launch and for the most part I can say it's great but I'm starting to notice A LOT of problems with it that are starting to get very annoying.
1. 4G/3G internet connection seems to stop working randomly it shows it's connected but you can't browse to anything until you reboot the phone.
2. Sound quality on phone calls seems to have gotten really bad.
3. Speaker phone for talk or music is horrible, hard to understand anyone talking.
4. WiFi seems to disconnect and reconnect continuously when trying to use the phone.
5. Facebook app often won't start and gives you option to report it because it's not responding.
6. Uploading pictures to facebook (not using the HTC app) locks up/never completes 99% of the time and always uploads a duplicate. Only way to clear it is to reboot.
7. If your sending a text message while receiving a text message your message will not be delivered and a retry box will appear over and over and over.
8. After phone has been on charger either wall or car when unpluged it shows it's still charging even though it's not.
9. Notification light is blinking when there are no notifications present.
10. Car chargers purchased from Verizon Store for this phone do not work correctly most of the time. Sometimes I have to fiddle with it to get it to start charging sometimes it gets in a state where it's charging then not then charging then not then charging then not. If you leave the phone plugged into the car charger and unplug the charger from the car the charger light itself stays lit being powered by the phone (weird) does this with all the chargers I've tried from Verizon they don't know why.
11. While charging the screen comes on randomly for no reason.
12. Has same grounding issues as the original incredible so that if it's plugged into the charger the screen will be unresponsive sometimes.
13. Verizon Backup Assistant does not work. Every night it attempts to backup and fails with server not responding.
Sooo anyone else seeing any of these issues?
I would concur with just about everything you say, although I don't really do much Facebook on the phone, but I would like to add (or add to):
1) WiFi is DEFINITELY buggy on this device. Even when trying out some of these new apps to keep WiFi alive, I still don't always get push emails. Several minutes later, sure, but it's usually when I get tired of waiting and re-wake my phone that I get the notifications. It's gotten so that I'm almost considering just sticking with the 3G/4G, but now that we don't have unlimited data, I feel like we're playing right into Verizon's hands.
2) The locked bootloader has definitely got me miffed, because Developers' Roms would definitely take care of a lot of these issues. I have lodged several formal complaints with Verizon about that one.
3) I've noticed the sound quality on the external speaker is pretty shabby, even when compared with my over two year old Incredible. It's really noticeable on music ringtones, which now have no low end and sound very tinny and distorted.
4) Sometimes when it shows as connected to 4G, my web pages won't render at all. Which makes the whole "lightning fast" 4G network experience pretty moot for me.
5) Backup Assistant is a joke, but it could be because phone is going into deep sleep at night when backup assistant is backing up. See issue #1
6) Same issues you're having with charging. I have a whole bunch of chargers, however, and I think it primarily happens with the cheapies.
7) This part has got me a little down, but my OG Incredible is a little snappier, a little more responsive than the Incredible 4G. I know because I kept it and gave it to my daughter, which she uses on my WiFi at home (making voice calls over Groove IP, one of the greatest apps ever invented!!). It is rooted and running CM7.1, so maybe Cyanogen Mod is just faster than stock, but it's still a little depressing that my 2 year old phone is faster than my 2 month old phone.
8) I'm sure I'll think of more later, but I thank the OP for bringing some of this stuff up, because it is important, particularly the deep sleep issue. I'd REALLY like to see a fix for that, as HTC really screwed the pooch on that one.